• Published 5th Mar 2012
  • 35,261 Views, 13,446 Comments

My Little Caboose: Blue is Magic! - DarkWing



What happens when the Reds and Blues finally get Church out of the Epsilon unit? Caboose decides he wants a turn in the unit, of course! What happens next? Well let's just say he always did say he wanted a pony, now he has a world full of them.

  • ...
139
 13,446
 35,261

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11 - "Suit Up"

Rarity kept wishing that he would just decide to leave, but he didn't. She didn't need a strange stallion that she does not know to come in and interrupt her work. She kept wondering why Celestia had made Simmons need to stay with her. Simmons, however, did not speak because he thought since all the women he had been involved with recently (Tex and Carolina) had been completely crazy nut jobs, that he should not expect differently of this one, even if she was a pony. Rarity and Simmons walked for half an hour in complete and total silence. That suited them both fine. But after the walk they find themselves in front of the Carousel Boutique.

"Here it is." Rarity said, opening the door. "There is a couch by the door for you to sleep. I apologize for the mess. I've been meaning to clean it up but I have a very important client coming in the next few days and I need to get working on their order."

"Okay." Simmons said, looking at the mess with a curious eye. "Do you need help with anything?"

"No." Rarity said shutting the door to her room.

Simmons let out a brief sigh and sat on the couch. He then looked around the room and shook his head. He then decided that the best option was to sleep until morning. The problem was however, that he was restless and did not know why.

A couple hours later, while Rarity was in her room, sewing some fabrics together, "Yes, this is coming together fabulously! It just needs one more thing." Rarity said, reaching into a box of gems and felt around. "Nononono this won't do, this won’t do at all. Where is that sapphire?"

She then let out a sad sigh, having a feeling that it was lost in the clutter downstairs. Rarity stared at the dress thinking if it could be pulled off without it. "No." Rarity said with determination. "They are paying for perfection."

And with that she went downstairs to look through the mess to see if she could find it. But when she opened the door, she saw Simmons on the ground with a small cloth, rubbing away some grime off the floor. Rarity slowly went downstairs and looked at Simmons.

"You cleaned the place up?" Rarity asked quietly.

"Oh yeah, I hope you don't mind." Simmons said, not expecting her to talk to him. "I just have a small and extremely severe case of obsessive compulsive disorder. If something isn't as good as it can be then I can't sleep, and the only way to fix that is to make it look better."

"I completely understand." Rarity said. "If the end product of one of my pieces is off by the slightest bit then I try again. In fact that's why I'm down here. I'm looking for a small sapphire, maybe the size of my hoof. Did you happen to see it while you were tidying up?"

"I think so, hang on." Simmons said, reaching in a box that he tucked under the table. "Is this it?"

"Yes!" Rarity exclaimed. "I can't even begin to thank you Simmons! Without this sapphire my whole dress would have been ruined!"

"Sorry, it won't happen again..." Simmons said, with a sigh. "Wait a second. Did you say thank you?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?" Rarity said. "It would have taken me hours to find it, and thanks to you my dress is saved!"

"It's just that usually when I try to do something helpful, Sarge usually yells at me telling me I'm wasting my time." Simmons said.

"Well maybe Sarge just needs to learn how to appreciate you." Rarity said, kissing Simmons on his cheek, who held back a nervous blush. "Say, are you feeling tired?"

"Not particularly." Simmons said quietly. "Why?"

"Well now that my dress is finished with this sapphire I can start working on the other thing they ordered." Rarity said, inspecting Simmons. "And I do believe you are the same build as she ordered so that would make everything a lot easier."

"Sure, why not." Simmons said, walking up the stairs, then slowing. "You won't use needles will you?"

"Well, yes." Rarity said, stopping on top of the stairs. "Why?"

"Well, it's just that I'm afraid of them." Simmons said. "So I'm kind of nervous about flinching and getting stabbed by them."

"Well I do have a small spell I’ve been working on." Rarity said. "What it does when I use it is freezes the pony in place, constraining them. They can still talk and breathe safely though, so you don't have to worry."

"Alright, why not." Simmons said, walking to the top of the steps.

"Just take a step up on the platform there while I grab some materials." Rarity said.

Rarity grabbed a needle, thread and some black silk. She saw Simmons staring at the needle so she decided to start using the spell. When she started to do it, her horn started glowing and Simmons found himself unable to jump backwards from surprise.

"Hey, I think it's working!" Simmons said.

Rarity just flashed him a quick smile and went to work. She worked on the suit for an hour, holding Simmons in place the entire time, which was beginning to drain her energy. Simmons looked at Rarity who was growing pale.

"Maybe we should stop for the night, that holding spell seems to be making you tired." Simmons said, trying to get her to stop. "The dress can wait until tomorrow."

"Just one more hour." Rarity yawned. "It's almost done."

Simmons then closed his eyes, focusing on breaking the spell, and after a lot of effort Simmons horn started to glow. Rarity took no notice until Simmons made the spell wear off.

"What did you do that for?" Rarity yawned. "The dress is looking great and it just needs a few more touches."

"The spell was beginning to wear you out." Simmons said, but before Rarity could speak out shook his head. "I like making everything perfect, but working on anything while you're tired might make it not go as well as you planned."

Rarity nodded her head and took the incomplete silk suit off of Simmons.

"I suppose you're right." Rarity said, voice hoarse. "It can wait until tomorrow. Sleep well Simmons. And thanks again for all the help."

"No problem. Good night." Simmons yawned, walking down stairs and climbing onto the couch.

PreviousChapters Next