• ...
8
 122
 3,028

6th Thought: Lost

It was pretty late to do a conversion, but I guess this is just an unusual circumstance. Lyra had long since went to sleep, leaving only one resident unicorn ambassador to do the supervising.

All Vinyl did was shake her head at me in mild disappointment for chickening out the first time, but she was quick to change her mind with Princess Celestia standing beside me to oversee something that should have happened earlier.

The hum of lights always seemed a lot louder as the night went on, just a small observation.

I decided that this will be my final chance to get this over with. If I don't want to do it, I won't ever do it. Again, the princess levitated the glass to me carefully, not allowing the potion to slosh about inside. Again, I take it in my shaking hands, barely keeping it from spilling.

"I'm nervous."

"That's understandable, though you should take solace in what lies beyond this leap of faith."

What was beyond this leap? Aside from a life where the end probably wasn't magical vaporization or necrosis. A life where I could be recognized. A life where I get an honest second chance where I have control.

Alright. Count to three, then chug it.

"One... two... three."

And down it goes.

"Ack, f*beep*, that does not taste like... grape..."

And down I go.

-=-=-

I've heard a lot of conversations from the newfoals that you go through something like a dream or a vision when you pass out. A lot say that they run through a grassy field, others say they see towering spires, or clouds, based one what sort of unicorn they turn into.

I seem to have got that second type of dream. Twisting towers, decorated with celestial symbols and light colours. Things that seemed not unlike clouds traveled in masses, going either one way or the other down the street I stood on. They careless crashed against me, bursting in a puff of smoke, then reanimating into their previous form as they carried on.

"Minds are a wondrous thing, Kenneth Baxter. Yours is filled to the brim with thoughts more befitting of an elder generation."

The voice filled the inside of my head, resounding like a heavenly bell.

"How are you feeling, my friend?"

At that chime, the clouds simultaneously burst and fade away, leaving me with a clear sight of the street. It was strange, I felt nothing while the clouds were there, but now that they were gone, I felt a little bit lonely. Hopeless, even.

"Alone. I feel very alone."

"Don't be. This is your dream, and you are never very far from a friend. Give me shape, and you will know what I mean."

Alright, if you put it like that. Easy. The voice sounds very familiar, and the last friend I had contact with was...

Celestia. Just like that, she animates from wisps of smoke right before me. She stands proudly, regally, beaming with ageless pride.

"Magic is simple like that. All you need to do is think, concentrate, and have intention. Keep that in mind, and you will find your place in no time at all."

"Princess?"

"My guards are not around, Ken."

"Celestia. Are you saying that I'm..."

"A unicorn. One with quite a fine combination of colour, if I may add."

A mirror forms from the wisps in front of my face, reflecting an -alien- form on the surface.

A gray pony with a thick, brown mane stares back at me, making similar facial expressions that I assumed I am trying to make. I raise my hand to my head, and it raises it's hoof. My hand feels odd, stump-like, as if I have no fingers at all, which was exactly the case as I shift my gaze to my gray hoof. I feel my head again, take note of the jutting appendage on my forehead, my reconfigured hairline, as well as my elongated ears. I feel just like how the mirrored image looks.

Now the clouds are coming back, filling the street. They feel very warm to me, like they're real people.

"You may be a little shorter now, but you'll find a way to stick out in a crowd. You just have to follow all those dreams you have. Especially this one."

And just like that, I'm feeling very light, like I'm floating away. I can't see anything anymore. Everything turns white. I... I...

-=-=-

I woke up.

It was a very weird feeling, waking up all numb, I tried asking how long I was out, but it came out in garbles. Oh well, it wasn't like anyone was even in the room.

Actually... I woke up in my apartment room, the one I share with Vinyl. Ah, how I missed that spring poking me in the neck. I felt warm an secure under my sheets. I didn't want to get up, but something compelled me to.

A couple of bones in my body crack when I stretch like this. Ahh... So much better. It feels like I got a very deep crick.

In fact, I feel a lot better all over. I used to get nasty cramps in my feet if I stretched like this, or I used to have this awful chest pain if I slept on my side. Nothing! I feel like a brand new man!

Err, let me correct that. I feel like a brand new "stallion". A look over at the closet mirror confirmed my dream. And a look over to my radio clock told me-

"Good morning, Ott-a-wa!"

Right on time.