• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 3,167 Views, 57 Comments

The Goddess Inside Us All - That_G3_Obsessive



Twilight discovers she and all her friends have had alicorns living inside their bodies since they were born.

  • ...
5
 57
 3,167

Chapter 1: Celestia's Summons

It all started when Celestia told me I was possessed.

Wait. That came out wrong. Let me start again.

My name is Twilight Sparkle. I used to be your average run-of-the-mill unicorn, but quite recently I spontaneously grew a pair of wings, and was named princess. I am a lavender alicorn with an indigo mane with pink and purple stripes, and my cutie mark is a sparkle.

My Element of Harmony, Magic, was transplanted into my new crown, but I don't want to brag.This recording is for all of the ponies who need to know what happened to me and my friends. It is about our adventures trying to defeat the greatest villain of them all. It is about how I am possessed.

Rainbow Dash is telling me to move on. I suppose this magical recording must have an ending...

Anyway, I was in my home, the Golden Oaks Library, with my assistant, Spike. He was cleaning the kitchen while my friend Rainbow Dash was giving me flying lessons.

Rainbow is a cyan-blue pegasus pony, with a tousled rainbow mane and tail. She is the fastest pegasus to ever come out of Cloudsdale(or so she says) and the only pony able to perform a Sonic Rainboom. I had just gotten my wings two weeks ago, so she was helping me learn how to fly.

"Now, when you jump, you spread your wings and glide, and flap them once or twice," she instructed.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous?" I asked as I looked down to the ground below. We were on the balcony coming from my bedroom, at least two stories up.

"Nah," Rainbow waved off my question. "I do it all the time from places ten times higher than this. Two stories is nothing!"

"For an experienced flyer like you!" I protested. "I just got these wings, remember?"

"Do ya want lessons or not?" the pegasus demanded.

"Yes, but--"

"Then jump!" she shouted, giving me a push off the balcony.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!" I screamed. I opened my wings in a futile attempt to glide, and flapped wildly.

As I regained my thoughts, I put all of my energy into my horn. Panic kills a spell. Right before I was turned into a Twilight pancake, my body was enveloped in a magenta aura, and I gently set myself down on the dirt road.

"Twilight, how many times do I have to tell you?" sighed Rainbow Dash, landing next to me. "No magic! This is a flying lesson!"

"How many times do I have to tell you?" I snapped. "I don't want to be KILLED!"

"Aw, I wouldn't have let you hit the ground. I was on my way down to catch you when you used that freaky magic of yours!"

"Well, maybe if you had flown faster-"

"If I had flown faster what?" she dared.

I didn't know what to say. We had never fought like this before. So I stomped back into the library, fuming, and plopped down next to the wooden horse statue that dominated the center of the room.

Spike heard me come in and rushed towards me, holding a scroll in his claw.

"Twilight! This came for you!" he chose his words carefully, seeing that I was angry.

"Thank you, Spike," I said. "Please read it."

"My faithful student: I request for you to come to Canterlot immediately. We have something to talk about. Princess Celestia," he read.

I wondered what that could mean. Spike mirrored my thoughts.

"Why does she want you to come to Canterlot?" he asked me.

"I don't know," I said, but my mind was somewhere else. "Let's get the girls. If she said immediately, then it must be Elements of Harmony important."

"I'll get Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and, um, Rarity," he offered a bit sheepishly. Everypony knew that he had a huge crush on the snow-white unicorn.

"No, I'll get Pinkie Pie," I said, remembering my argument with Rainbow Dash. "You get Rainbow."

"Okay," he said before sprinting off towards Fluttershy's cottage. As I galloped to Sugar Cube Corner, I pondered what the princess wanted to talk about. It must have been important, but what?

As I entered the sweet shop, Pinkie Pie was giving Ditzy Doo some muffins.

"There you go!" the light pink earth pony giggled. "15 Lemon Surprise muffins!"

"Thanks, Pinkie!" said Ditzy, then she skipped out of the bakery, eating one of her muffins.

"Hey, Twilight!" Pinkie called. "Want a muffin? We've got some left!"

"Pinkie, Princess Celestia sent me a letter summoning me to Canterlot immediately," I explained as quickly as possible. "Do you want to come?" I already knew the answer.

"Yes!" the pony bubbled, before jumping clean over the counter. I shook my head at her, then we continued onto Sweet Apple Acres.

We found Applejack bucking apples, as usual, in the orchards.

"Well, howdy there, Twilight, Pinkie! Nice of ya'll to stop by for a visit. Granny Smith's makin' some mighty good cider inside. Care to sample some?" she said. The orange earth pony gestured to the barn with her hoof.

"Sorry, Applejack," I said. "The princess sent me a letter today, summoning me to Canterlot immediately. Do you want to come?"

"Of course I want to come, Twilight! Why, I'd never miss out on somethin' like this!" she beamed. Her green eyes sparkled as she tipped her hat at me. "Anythin' for you, princess," she teased, knowing that I didn't like to be called princess.

"Come on, silly fillies!" Pinkie bounced back to the road. "Last one to the train station is a rotten apple!"

"You're on!" Applejack whooped, chasing after the pink earth pony. Her blond ponytail flapped as she galloped down the road.

"Girls, this is a serious matter!" I shouted as I chased them through the town. Everyone stared at me. I suppose it must have looked very strange to see their princess galloping through the town after her friends.

When we got to the train station, the others were already there.

Rainbow glared at me, but I ignored her.

Fluttershy had brought Angel Bunny with her, and he was nesting in her light pink mane.

Spike labored under Rarity's bags, though he was too busy giving the unicorn goo-goo eyes to complain. I raised an eyebrow at him, but didn't say anything to Rarity about it. It was his problem if he wanted to be her servant.

"Twilight, darling, why did Celestia summon you to Canterlot?" Rarity demanded. "Spiky-Wiky wouldn't say a thing."

"I told you!" he said. "I don't know!"

"He's right." I gave the baby dragon a small smile. "We don't know why she summoned us. All we know is that it is something important, and that it might have something to do with the Elements..." I trailed off as I realized something. "We forgot the Elements of Harmony!" I gasped.

"I'll run and get them," Spike offered, but I shook my head.

"That'll be too slow," I muttered. You're a unicorn, I told myself, though this voice didn't sound like mine. She sounded older, wiser. Use your horn!

My horn glowed magenta as I levitated the box with the Elements inside towards me. The train was coming. I could see it.

The jeweled box zipped towards us as the train pulled up. As the conductor pony shouted "All aboard!", the box landed right next to me. Just in the nick of time.

With the Elements securely floating behind me, I entered the train to Canterlot. Little did I know that I wouldn't be going back to Ponyville for a long, long time.

Author's Note:

Okay, I did some research on AJ's accent. I hope I did okay.