• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 1,704 Views, 12 Comments

Retcolt - Alex Warlorn



They say what others think of us is what defines us. Derpy is the living proof of that...but what happens when what defines us changes?

  • ...
1
 12
 1,704

Ponylitical Correctness

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
"Retcolt"
Or
"Ponylitical Correctness"
By Alex Warlorn
Edited By Kendell2

Load Scene Golden_Oaks_Library_Interior.map
Load Characters:
Applejack.exe
Fluttershy.exe
Pinkie_Pie.exe
Rainbow_Dash.exe
Rarity.exe
Spike.exe
Twilight_Sparkle.exe
Bon_Bon.exe
Lemon_Hearts.exe

Random Select (22) background (ponies) And Load

Set Time: 2000

Camera Position Macro No.7

Program Run

"Surprise!" Is the first thing I remember. I was in Ponyville's library, where Pinkie Pie was throwing a party for the new girl. That's silly. I had to have existed before that. Something was wrong, everything overlapped, my eyes were wrong.

But nopony said anything about my eyes, so it must have been normal right?

End Scene

Then things got really weird.

I was dreaming, I think, but I don't remember being in bed.

"LOL" "OMG" "WTF" "/co/" saying my name was "Derpy Hooves". Name? I had a name? Wait, of course, everypony had a name, so why would I be different?

Rename

Nameless_Gray_Pegasus.exe

Ditzy_Doo.exe

I'm at a lot of important things, but I couldn't remember how I got there or what I was doing. But then I remember I wasn't important so I didn't matter.

I dream that I'm a mail mare, and I'm not sure really what I do, so that makes sense that I am one right?

But then, I drop a lot of stuff on Twilight Sparkle by accident, but she gets all better soon. The pony I'm pretty sure is my boss doesn't look happy. I think I got fired.

But after Winter Wrap-Up, my name was Ditzy Doo and Derpy Hooves at the same time!

Then I think I got a little bit more important. It felt like I was a star rising in Princess Luna's story!

The dreams told me I had a daughter. Dinky Doo or Dinky Hooves, or like that. That she was the unicorn with a shade that almost like like mine, and with blond hair almost like mine. A daughter? That sounds nice. So I must be a mommy! But whose the father?

The dreams say I go on adventures across the universe and across time with Time Turner who is really an alien time traveler! Well...I guess I am...the dreams say I am right?

I also fight with Mayor Mare over a cursed doll, I end up wearing a bunch of bags as my costume for Nightmare Night...I dunno know why.

Sisterhood Social. Who is that with Dinky? Are they sisters?... Well it is the Sisterhood Social. I'm confused.

The dreams fix up everything...sort of...yes, Sparkle...er, Amethyst Star, is my daughter, yes yes yes...uh, is she adopted? Is she a 'big sister' social program sort of thing for Dinky? Uh... I don't know.

But she's my daughter too and that's what counts!

I show up in places at random, nothing new about that. But now I'm showing up in places that ponies notice me! Not sure what I was doing in Fluttershy's chicken house or in Canterlot though.

I even stick my head out a curtain before a Hearth Warming Eve play and is pulled back in by somepony! They're really noticing me!

---

Rename

Ditzy_Doo.exe

Derpy_Hooves.exe

Play MLPFiMS2.14opening.mov

Load Scene Ponyville_Town_Hall_Exterior_(Damaged)
Load Lightning_Cloud
Load Characters

Rainbow_Dash.exe
Derpy_Hooves.exe

Set Time 1100

Camera Position Macro No 3

Program Run

"Careful Derpy!" Rainbow Dash was speaking to me. I guess my name is Derpy after all. "You don't want to do more damage than you've already done."

Damage I did? Oh wait, I'm jumping on a thunder cloud, I wonder why? "I just don't know what went wrong."

I spoke? I SPOKE!

KA-ZAP! OUCH!

I've never spoken before! I mean, I've yelled 'Surprise!' and things like that and in my dreams I talk, but all by myself while I'm awake?! WOW! COOL! I MUST BE IMPORTANT NOW!

"Yeah, it's a mystery." Rainbow Dash says not sounding happy.

"Nice work Rainbow Dash." I helped her set a banner up and...bumped into a wooden pole that fell down, Rainbow Dash crashed into a big hole...

"You okay Rainbow Dash? Anything I can do to help?" I called down.

She said, BEGGING, begging? "NO! Nothing! In the name of Celestia, just sit there and do nothing!"

I.... I do as I'm told.

"Oops, my bad." I said.

Mayor Mare gives a big speech, apparently Applejack is going to a big rodeo in Canterlot...why haven't I heard about it before? Then again I hadn't heard of Nightmare Night before, so it's all okay.

"Yeah Applejack! Whoo-hoo!" I cheered...and fell back into the hole...

. . .

. . .

. . .


The dreams, lots and lots of and lots are happy to hear me speak, to see the 'important ponies' talk with me.

Then a voice I hadn't heard before...they aren't happy...Why?

Load Scene: White_Stage.map

Load Character(s):
Derpy_Hooves.exe

Open Edit Mode:

Huh? Where am I? This isn't like the dreams. There's . . nothing...just gray with all these square lines everywhere. I try to move, but I can't. Huh?

What's going on? This isn't Ponyville. Where am I? What am I supposed to be doing? What was I doing? What's wrong! I don't want to get Rainbow Dash upset with me again!

. . .

Rename

Derpy_Hooves.exe

Nameless_Gray_Pegasus.exe

My name...what was my name?

I knew what it was a minute ago! I was super sure of it! Where did it go?!

Editing Flash Model:

Huh? My eyes...they're...they're lined up? They're fixed? Yes, that's what it's supposed to be, they're fixed right?

Then why can't I remember what my name is supposed to be? Am I not supposed to have a name? Was it a mistake for me to have a name? I'm not special after all?

"Hello?" I called out. It's like there's no sound. I have words, I'm speaking. But it's like there nothing for what I'm saying to be. Where am I?

Re-dubb Voice Actor
Replace Voice Files

"Is anypony here?" I cover my mouth. That wasn't my voice. Was it? I had it, so that made it my voice? Right?

---

Play MLPFiMS2.14opening.mov

Load Scene Ponyville_Town_Hall_Exterior_(Damaged)
Load Lightning_Cloud
Load Characters

Rainbow_Dash.exe
Nameless_Gray_Pegasus.exe

Set Time

Camera Position

Program Run

"Careful! You don't want to do more damage than you've already done." Rainbow Dash? Why didn't she say my name? I have a name right? I don't know?

"I just don't know what went wrong." I say, and I zap myself again, ICK!

I remember in some dreams, the voices talking about stories where some of the important ponies got to do the same thing over and over, and becoming really smart and really powerful and really everything and really "just perfect enough" as things repeat.

"Yeah, it's a mystery."

It's a lie. You can't change the past. You don't get second chances. You can't cheat fate.

I praise, because it is good work, even if she does it with a goof like me dragging her down. "Nice work Rainbow Dash."

I bump again, she falls through the deck again.

"You okay Rainbow Dash? Anything I can do to help?" I ask again.

"NO! Nothing! In the name of Celestia, just sit there and do nothing!" She pleads again, like I'm some shadow of misery that's she's endured her whole life.

"Oops, my bad." I sit down, and the floors breaks, and we both fall.

Mayor Mare makes her speech again.

"Yeah Applejack! Whoo-hoo!" I cheered again, and fell back into the hole again.

...the dreams are...they're sad...they're angry...they're upset they want me back to normal . . . the voices...the dreams...they're meaningless...they're powerless...they can't help me.

The voices get louder, and louder, and louder. They're, there are so many.

They want me back? They want me back to normal?

They still...they still call me Derpy. Derpy Hooves. So am I still Derpy?

They care about me. They think about me. I...I matter to them?

I'm so confused, I don't really get these dreams. They're not like the real world, they're so far away and yet so close, so loud and yet completely silent, it doesn't make any sense at all. Are they like Discord? . . . I don't think most of them are like Discord. Most of them seem really nice...

They keep calling my name . . . maybe sleeping forever won't be so bad. It feels good to have a name.

They want me. They want Derpy Hooves.

Maybe...maybe I am special? Maybe . . . maybe I'm worth something after all.

Load Character Nameless_Gray_Pegasus.exe

Undo Raname

Undo Edit Flash Model

Huh?

I'm awake.

Two unicorns are doing a song about their machine that can make cider fast and easy.

My eyes . . . everything is weird again . . . my eyes . . . are mine again?

I don't speak.

I keep waking up. But it feels like I'm waking up less and less. And only the dreams remain. Am I fading form world? But I don't mind. Because Sparkler, Time Turner, Dinky, they're all waiting for me. My family. Where the voices are. Sometimes they're confusing. Sometimes they're conflicting. Okay, they're always conflicting.

But that's fine. Because it also means they're alive. I'll keep growing. Keep changing. I'm not afraid. And I leave the waking world behind, the dream world will remain, and here, I know I'm safe and loved.

"We claim this planet in the name of the Sontaur empire!" Said a bunch of centaurs in potato shaped helmets.

"Derpy! I need a dozen bottle corks, a sling shot, and phonograph!" Shouted Time Turner.

Well . . . at least it's never boring! Ha ha!

And all my friends are here.

Author's Note:

Before Derpy Hooves was Derpy, she was Ditzy Doo, before that was randomly generated pegasus number #7. Now she is Nameless Gray Pegasus? What? Oh right, she had always been Nameless Gray Pegasus.

Comments ( 12 )

Very interesting, yet very unsettling.

What is the true nature of the mare-trix?

Heh,
I am often considered to be unwanted,
And politically incorrect,
But you dont see me vanis......
*Looks down at his lower half,err where it used to be...*
Oh...
Would you look at.....
*Poof*

Soft shell you beat me again

Wait were did he go...who was i talking to?

3404354

A cheaper way for Hasbro to make episodes and to do away with needing to pay script writers.

3404720 ugh, 'Virtual Reality Television', the next evolution of Reality TV, huh?

3404730
You don't need to pay AIs.

3404731 Yeah, that was one of the reasons for the explosion of 'Reality TV' programs a few years ago. That was the studios' response to the script-writers' strike.

3404385

Derpy wasn't unwanted, they wanted her to be 'fixed' so she's be acceptable for general public consumption, like any product.

Very nicely done, has a similar feel to Growing Carrots in the sense of thinking outside of things without feeling overly meta.

Definitely going into my faves:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment