• Published 25th May 2015
  • 310 Views, 5 Comments

Changewing Chronicles Pt. 1: To Save My Dying Home - Gabrielangel13



Cason Changewing has a mission; to steal the Elements of Harmony. His master will not accept failure, but Cason runs into some problems: ten of them, three princesses, an old enemy, and six chosen ponies. Time is of the essence.

  • ...
 5
 310

The path to Tartarus is paved with good intentions

I had foolishly hoped that by leaving the hospital my nerves would be spared. This, however, was far from the truth. As soon as I stepped out the door, I was assaulted by the worst fate I ever could have received: a small mob of good-doers.

"Cason!" Three little fillies' voices cried. My ears smacked flat against my head as I tried to find an escape, but there was none in sight. More of my visitors crowded around me, and I for once was honestly afraid.

"Cason, we thought you'd like a nice, quiet place to relax. Sweetie Belle and I figured my boutique would be the best place for that." Rarity said.

"A place o' business? Ya'll crazy! What he really needs is ta stay out on the farm!" AppleJack interjected. "That'd be the most relaxin'"

"Or with me!" Pinkie pie cried. The crowd of ponies simultaneously turned to look at her. She chuckled. "Or not."

"Cason should stay with me so that I can keep an eye on his health." Twilight argued. "I do believe that I am the most adept at healing spells."

"Pfhh. Boring!" Rainbow Dash complained. "He needs to stay with me! That way, he can show me his gliding tricks, and I can help him with them. Plus, it won't be boring."

"Uhh, Rainbow?" Spike piped up. "Your house is made out of clouds."

"Oh." Rainbow stated simply and looked down in defeat.

"So who ya gonna stay with?" Applebloom demanded. I scanned the faces of everypony there, almost all leaned forward in excitement. I cringed, I wasn't good at this kind of thing. Finally I realized the answer was, literally, cowering behind Rarity.

"Fluttershy." I stated. She jumped at the mention of her own name. After a second or two, she gently nodded. Murmurs of consent spread throughout the group. Already I longed to lay down and go to sleep, but I doubted I could untangle myself from the curious crowd anytime soon. Fortunately, I was wrong.

"Cason's had a long day, girls. Maybe Fluttershy should take him home now." Twilight pointed out. "You look tired." I nodded my thanks.

"Oh, of course." Fluttershy's timid voice agreed. "My cottage is down the road that way." She pointed. I followed her, but then the rest of the crowd did too.

"Look, guys." I said after we'd crossed the road, and they still flocked behind. "I love to spend time with all of you, but I am really tired. I just want to get some rest. Please, give us a little space."

"Oh, uh... right."

"Of course..."

"Whatever you say..."

The voices overlapped as they scattered, slowly, and went their separate ways. I sighed with relief when at last Fluttershy and I were alone. She looked at me with an understanding gaze before beginning to walk again. I followed behind, but soon realized that I was never going to make the trek to her house. We'd barely left the town before my limp slowed us to a near crawl, and the only sound to be heard was that of my labored breathing.

"Maybe you should lean on me." The small Pegasus suggested. I looked at her with a skeptical gaze and kept walking. Talking was too difficult to even attempt at this point. For several more yards I limped, but my pain overcame me, and I collapsed nearly on top of Fluttershy. She yelped, but bravely tried to withhold my weight. We limped a little further before a blue blur entered the corner of my vision. My battle instincts kicked in and I managed to yell for Fluttershy to get down. Whether it was my weight, the fact that I startled her, or that she was obeying me, I don't know. I do know that I had not expected the impact with the ground to hurt nearly so much. I cursed my physical state as the blur hit the ground in front of us, causing quite a wave of dust to fly into my face. I prepared myself to defend the vulnerable Pegasus beside me, but as the dust began to clear I heard... laughter?

"Rainbow Dash!" A voice behind me chastised. I turned to find Twilight Sparkle and the rest of the Elements. I face hoofed.

"Oh, Rainbow, you scared me." Fluttershy managed to squeak out as I flopped off of her. Rainbow's laughter still assaulted my ears."

"Did...you...see...him...jump?" Rainbow choked between her slowly calming bouts of laughter. I replied with a dark glare.

"He's hurt, Rainbow!" Twilight exclaimed. "You could've made him hurt himself more! Cason, you really should just let me cast a healing spell."

"I'm fine." I assured her. "I'd rather do it naturally." My legs trembled as I tried to make it to my hooves, but I collapsed before I was even halfway."

"Sure ya are." Applejack said. You could've cut the sarcasm with a knife. She hoisted me up on her back, and I flinched at the sudden movement. "Why didn't ya just stay in the hospital a bit longer?"

In all honesty, I knew that the longer I was in a public place, the more likely it was that I would be caught. "They just make me nervous." I replied, knowing that she would detect any outright lie.''

"Ah think I can understand that, what Ah don't get is why ya wouldn't let Twi heal ya." Applejack continued. "Ah get doin things naturally, but this is yer health we're talkin bout."

"It really wouldn't hurt at all." Twilight assured me. I pondered briefly the offer, and glanced again at her Cutie Mark. I looked back at the cottage ahead.

"Let me sleep on it." I replied. Fluttershy quickly opened the door for us and Applejack set me in the upstairs guestroom. it stank of animals, but I was grateful for it. It was still morning, but I fell asleep as soon as I was alone.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait, here ya are! AJ's accent might not be consistent, im sorry, but I'm sure you read it in her voice any way :). Opinions, should he spend the next chapter with the cmc, or move on with his quest. Vote below! Give opinions, please, and critique me.

Comments ( 1 )

"You should just have him move on with his quest, Gabrielangel13. BTW, you are like my favorite author ever. Other people should comment on these chapters or I will continue talking about how great I... *ahem...YOU are"

Login or register to comment