• Published 25th May 2015
  • 310 Views, 5 Comments

Changewing Chronicles Pt. 1: To Save My Dying Home - Gabrielangel13



Cason Changewing has a mission; to steal the Elements of Harmony. His master will not accept failure, but Cason runs into some problems: ten of them, three princesses, an old enemy, and six chosen ponies. Time is of the essence.

  • ...
 5
 310

To Rob Royalty

I slipped quietly along the roof of the Canterlot castle, silently wishing for my powers to return fully. As I was, the shadows fought against my control as the Princess of the night foolishly tried to control them. I barely stifled a laugh at the young princess trying to control what I was born to do.

I knew it was foolish of me to attempt so soon, but the longer I waited the less my work would accomplish. My master would grow even more impatient as time went on, and ponies would die.

I smiled as I reached the window containing my target: the invaluable Jewelry that would save my rump from my master's wrath.

All of the sudden I felt my shadowy cover dissipate. I silently cursed myself for not checking for spells that remove camouflage. My guess is that the Princess herself would be coming up to examine who had broken their magic barrier, but I did not want to wait to find out, and neither did the guards.

"Halt, Thief!" A stallion shouted. my curses were not silent this time.

I ran along the roof, but the guards heard the soldier"s shout. Three Pegusi flew onto the roof in front of me, aiming their spears at me threateningly. I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my throat, making me sound mad, but I might have been. The shadows moved around, coating their faces in darkness. They desperately tried to fan it with their wings, but shadows could not be moved that way.

I laughed at the original guard, who also was desperately attempting to clear his thin mask of shadows. I knew they would be blind until magic cleared their eyes.

I cursed myself for my horrendous luck as a unicorn teleported onto the roof.

"In the name of the Celestial Sisters, I place you under arrest." The stallion in a commanding voice. In a flash of his horn I felt my shadow blindfolds lift off of the guards' faces.

"Thank you, Captain Armor." One of the Pegusi thanked as they circled around me.

"Yes, Armor, Thank you." I said sarcastically. "I'm sorry I can't stay, my master would be disappointed if I delayed."

"And who would this 'master' be?" Captain Armor demanded.

I did not reply, but merely stood and smirked at him with the maddest looking grin I could muster. Then I heard the faint flap of wings, I guessed belonging to the night Princess by the way the shadows moved. I lowered my cloak hood in response.

"CAPTAIN ARMOR? WHO BE THIS?" Princess Luna demanded.

"We found him trying to make of with the Elements, Ma'am." Captain Armor responded.

"WHO ART THOU?" Luna asked as she approached me. I turned so I was facing her.

"Someone from your past, a bleak time. Someone you trusted and hated." I replied.

Luna's face paled and she stepped backwards. "Who are you?" She asked with a trembling voice, a subconscious reaction.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, and ripples of energy spread across the roof top, causing all of the ponies to fly backwards. I turned and ran, leaping off of the roof.

Author's Note:

yay. Original character belongs to my brother, his user name is Xhadow. you should check him out. He uses the character much better than I do.