• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 584 Views, 7 Comments

One Bad Date - Br0nyb0y123



Noteworthy goes on a date with Rarity, and the let's just say, it ends in embarrassment for him

  • ...
1
 7
 584

A Trip to the Pub and Onward to the Date

It was a Sunday night, a night where I'm going to have a date with Rarity. My buddies would be much more jealous, if they didn't their own wives and girlfriends. Caramel is husband to Applejack, and currently she's pregnant with their first child. Lucky is currently dating Carrot Top. Pokey Pierce has been dating Pinkie Pie for almost six years. And Comet Tail is engaged to Twilight Sparkle. The only one who would come the closest to being jealous out of my pals, would be Thunderlane, but he's more interested in Fluttershy than he is with Rarity.

So here I am, in the Trapdoor Pub with the five of my best friends, it's only about forty-five minutes until my dinner date with the highly attractive white unicorn, so I might as well have a few drinks before I go there. We were all sitting in a row at the front of the bar, I was in the middle with Lucky to my left as there was six of us, beside Lucky there was Caramel, and beside Caramel there was Thunderlane. And beside me to my right, there was Comet, then beside him, there was Pokey. I was having a double shot of whiskey, Comet was having a bottle of ale, Pokey was having a soda, Lucky was having a pint of stout beer, Caramel was having apple cider and Thunderlane was having nothing, he was just talking to everypony,

"So Caramel, what did the doc say the baby is going to be?" Thunderlane asked.

"It's going to be a little girl" Caramel happily told us.

"Ah, congrats, man" I called out.

"Yeah, congratulations, 'Mel" Lucky said as he patted him on the back.

"Thanks guys" Caramel said as he took another sip of his cider.

I finished my double shot, "When's the baby due, Caramel?" I asked him.

"I think it's in three months time, Blues" Caramel replied to me.

Comet sat up and thumped his bottle on the counter, everyone turned to look at him, it looked like he had something to say,

"Ah shit, I can't be there to see the baby, 'Mel" Comet told him.

"Aww, why not?" Caramel asked him.

"I'm taking an Astronomy course and trip over in Las Pegasus" He told us.

"Well that's crap, man" Lucky spoke out.

"Indeed, pal" Comet replied.

"What does Twilight think of the whole ordeal?" I asked.

"She's not really bothered by it to be honest, Noteworthy" He told me, "She's a studious pony, if anything, she's embracing the idea of me going there, she wants me to do more studying and courses"

"When are you thinking about having the wedding?" Pokey asked.

"Or better yet, the bachelor party" Thunderlane added.

Comet chuckled at Thunderlane's comment, "It'll be held after my course"

"Well, I'm looking forward to that day" I said.

"Same here" Thunderlane called, "But only for the bachelor party"

"Don't you have something else to look forward to, Noteworthy?" Pokey asked me, "Something today?"

"It's like you're a psychic, Pierce" I replied.

"Maybe I am" Pokey Pierce joked, "Though not many ponies can go out on date with Rarity"

"You saying I'm lucky?" I asked.

"Pal, you are anything but me" Lucky called out to me.

"I wasn't talking about you, Luck" I chuckled.

"I know man, I was just joking with you" Lucky chuckled back.

"But you were saying, Pokey?" I asked Pokey.

"I'm saying, that well..." Pokey paused, "She doesn't really go out with guys as she...um..."

"Pierce is trying to say she fucks more guys than she goes out with" Lucky added to Pokey's awkward mentioning.

I shook my head and tried to ignore what he said,

"I mean there was this one time a few years ago...." Lucky began.

"Oh for fuck's sake" Caramel muttered.

"....and Rarity and the rest of her friends were going to the Grand Galloping Gala, and she hired me and 'Mel to pull their carriage there and..." Lucky continued.

"Lucky, please don't mention it" Caramel told him.

"Yeah, sorry, 'Mel" Lucky apologized to his best friend, "Yeah, sorry, guys. I can't really talk about it"

"It's cool, man" Caramel accepted his apology.

We all sat in silence for a little bit, we all heard the sound of chatter from the ponies behind, and the female bartender came back at the other side of the counter and asked us,

"You boys wanting another drink?"

"Me please, Sheila" I replied as I raised my empty glass.

"Another whisky, Blues?" She asked.

I nodded,

"Can I get something please, Sheila?" Thunderlane asked.

"Of course, Laney. You wanting the usual?" Sheila asked back.

Thunderlane nodded,

"OK, it'll be coming right up" Sheila told him.

And we all went silent once again for another thirty seconds, until Comet decided to ask Caramel,

"Caramel, what's marriage like? It's just with my wedding coming in a few months, I just wanted to how you felt when you were getting married"

Caramel smirked, "Well, pal, how do you currently feel about it?"

Comet chuckled, "I feel....weird about it, like there's a strange knot in my stomach"

"Believe it or not, I felt the same thing. It feels like...like something is tickling the inside of you and you just can't help but feel happy about it" Caramel told him.

"Were you ever nervous about it at all?" I asked.

"Yeah, that's a good question actually" Pokey Pierce added.

"About my wedding? Yeah, I was nervous, in fact, before I made it to where my wedding was, I was panicking nervously, until Lucky snapped me out of it, and Luck....what...what was it you said to me, man?" Caramel asked.

"I said 'Caramel, don't be nervous pal, Applejack is probably just as nervous as you, it's reasonable to feel this way but not on your wedding day, this is the best day of your life" Lucky quoted.

"Spoken like a pro" Caramel replied, "If I could you only one piece of advice though, Comet. It's that when you get married, you have to treat your mare with plenty of love and respect, and always treat her like she's the most important person in your world"

Comet nodded in agreement, "Thanks, man"

"No problem" Caramel replied.

Sheila came back with me and Thunderlane's drinks, we paid her and also thanked her.

I turned to look at the clock, it was twenty until my date with Rarity. I quickly drank my whisky and turned to look at

Pokey, he was sitting there, looking bothered about something, I had a feeling it was about the marriage talk. Maybe he was thinking about him and Pinkie, maybe he was thinking about proposing to her, I mean, why not? They've been dating for six years, it would make sense for him to do so, he loves her to bits, and she loves him to bits. I want to talk to him about it, but knowing Pokey, he probably won't approve, he gets quite upset with a lot of things, and these kind of conversations are one of them, so it's best not to.

I got off my stool and made my way towards the door, all of my friends looked at me and each bid their farewells,

"Have fun on your date, pal" Lucky told me.

"Thanks, bud" I replied.

"Good luck" Caramel told me.

"Yeah, see ya, Blues" Thunderlane said.

"Bye" Pokey said.

I opened the door,

"Bye" I replied.

I went over to Carousel Boutique, and I was wearing one of my best suits, it was one of my suits from one of my multiple gigs, I agreed to take Rarity on a date to one of the popular restaurants in Ponyville, The Blanche Charm, a fancy and sophisticated restaurant which I can in easily for a cheap price as I'm a popular musician amongst the sophisticated kind of ponies. Rarity was wearing one of her 'fabulous" dresses, and might I add, was looking rather attractive. I asked her,

"You looking forward to dinner?"

"Of course. It's very nice of you to take me out, darling" Rarity said, "Thank you"

"It's the least I can do" I smiled.

We both then made it up to the Blanche Charm, It took us only about five minutes in the line before we went inside, and once we went in, we went over to the pony with the reservations list,

"Excuse me?" I got his attention.

"Ah, Mr. Noteworthy" He said.

"Hi Frank, yeah, me and the lucky lady here have a reservation under 'Blues" I told him.

"Why, of course, if you would kindly follow me to your table" Frank replied.

Frank began to lead me and my date over to our table, I had a look of the decor of the restaurant, and it looked as good as it usually does, the tables were lit by candles, there was a blues band in the background, it was all cool. Here's to hoping this wiill be a good date. Well, wish me luck......

Author's Note:

Remember, this is meant to end in embarrassment for our protagonist. But to be honest, I'm not sure how to plan out the embarrassing event, so YOU guys can post your ideas in the comments on how you think the date will play out and I'll pick the best idea and give you a shout out in the next chapter.

Comments ( 5 )

Most fics i read involving Rarity portray her as extremly desperate,
Not in a crazy weird way,
but in a "That stallion said i have nice hair, I LOVE HIM!!"
kinda way.

3394827
Hmmm you may be onto something there.

Rarity's mom and dad show up, join them at their table and ask when they can expect grandchildren and tell embarrassing stories of when Rarity was a filly. Because parents seem to love embarrassing their children.

Spike stumbles in with the CMC telling her that Ponyville or closer yet the boutique is being attacked by gigantic fabric eating moths .

Login or register to comment