• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 8,365 Views, 129 Comments

Fox in Equestria (Revamped) - Fan of Fanfics



When Naruto makes a true wish, one from deep down in his heart, a little bit of magic pulls him from his world into another. In the new world, the child will form bonds that transcend realities. Featured! 8/30/15

  • ...
10
 129
 8,365

Chapter 1

Time...Space...Reality...Fantasy. We all know what these are, yet how do we truly define them. Time. For some, seconds feel like hours, and for others, millenia like minutes. Not many realize that if you fall into a black hole, you will see the entire future of the universe unfold in front of you in a matter of moments, and you will emerge into another space time created by the singularity of the black hole you just fell into. Space. Space is dependent on time. In the spot you are standing, approximately 65 million years ago, a dinosaur stood in your place.

Reality. Fantasy. Is anything truly real? Or is your reality the fantasy of others. There is a theory. The theory states that there is more than simply a universe. More than a mere singular, linear stream of time. The theory persists even today. That of a multiverse. An interconnected web of worlds where every mere possibility – or impossibility – is reality. Like a world where men and women are trained as powerful warriors, wielding skills many would consider supernatural. Or a world where humans never existed, and the dominant species is in fact, ponies.

What happens when worlds collide? The healing of a wounded soul, through the sheer kindness of another...

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Eyes squeezed shut in concentration, Twilight Sparkle, Unicorn student to Equestria's Princess Celestia, breathed in slowly, centering herself for what she was trying to do. A veritable magic junkie, Twilight was always ready to learn and attempt a new spell, and this looked to be the most difficult one yet. As her horn began to glow with a magical aura, her concentration was broken by the voice of her assistant, a young dragon named Spike.

“Twilight, are you sure about this?” he asked the purple unicorn, who cracked her eyes open as the glowing aura around her horn vanished. “This spell sounds like it might be dangerous.” Twilight rolled her eyes and Spike and scoffed.

“We've been over this, Spike,” she replied, confidently. “It's perfectly safe. The spell creates a bridge between two beings, whether they be from Equestria or one of the theoretically infinite other worlds beyond our reality. Nothing to be worried about.”

“You know, except for the possibility of you being trapped in another world...or pulling something really dangerous into our world,” the dragon replied sarcastically, but Twilight again rolled her eyes.

“Spike, in order to make a bridge, I would need a willing being to connect to on the other side. Since nopony knows that I'm using the spell, they can't willingly connect to make a bridge. This is completely safe,” she announced, matter-of-factly. “What could possibly go wrong?” Spike felt a chill go down his spine as she said that, knowing that just the mere uttering of those words would cause everything that could possibly go wrong to do so. Not wanting to be around when something did go wrong, Spike high-tailed in out of the Library.

Closing her eyes again to regain her focus, Twilight's horn again began to glow with magic, brighter this time as the library was free of distraction...kinda.

“HI TWILIGHT!”

“GAH!” the unicorn shouted in fright and irritation at the three loud voices behind her. Leaping into the air, she turned and took in the sight of three fillies. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo, collectively self-dubbed as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. “Can I...help you three?” she asked, trying to get her breathing under control.

“Do you have any books on Magic and Flying?” Sweetie Belle asked, the young Unicorn stepping forward with a bright, hopeful smile. Twilight was confused, and for good reason.

“Huh?” she exclaimed. “But you can't use magic yet,” she said, before turning to Scootaloo. “And you can't fly.” Scootaloo scoffed.

“Yet,” she countered. “But maybe with a few books we could both figure it out. I wanted to ask Rainbow Dash, but we couldn't find her.” Twilight rolled her eyes, thinking her rainbow-maned friend was probably napping up on a cloud.

“Alright,” she conceded. “I guess I can see what we have-”

“YEAH!” the fillies shouted excitedly, beginning to zip from bookshelf to bookshelf, ripping books from their places and throwing them to the mare, who could do nothing but stare in shock as her neat and tidy library home was reduced to a state of total disarray in a matter of moments. Somehow, even with as fast as they were rushing, the Crusaders each picked out a book, with Apple Bloom even picking out a fiction story. She didn't want to be left out. “We'll take these, please!” At a loss for words, Twilight simply checked out their books for them, eye twitching.

The moment the three fillies had left the large tree that served as Twilight's home and the town library, the purple unicorn turned with a sigh as she looked at the chaos before her. A look of determination and irritation crossed her face as her horn began to glow, letting her levitate the books and assorted objects back to their proper places on the shelves. Even with magic though, the job would take Twilight quite a while.

When she had gotten things back to the way they were, she dashed around the library, locking the door and shutting the windows and curtains. Breathing a sigh of relief, she dove to her own book, once more finding the spell she was attempting to learn. Looking to her left, then her right, she closed her eyes again once it was confirmed that she was totally alone. For the third time, her horn began to glow, the aura increasing in intensity, beginning to encompass the unicorn's whole body. To be truthful, she didn't actually know how to tell if she was doing it right without having somepony to connect to. But better to learn the spell than to find herself in a situation she might need it.

“TWILIGHT!” The unicorn screamed as one of the floorboards beside her creaked open like a trap door and a pink-coated Earth Pony shot out. Her concentration gave way and her fright caused the magical aura to fluctuate, culminating in one massive pulse of magic that rocketed both Twilight to the ceiling and her Pink friend was sent crashing into a bookshelf, knocking a pile of books down on top of her. And then the magic just stopped expanding, and instead shot back and receded, imploding back in on itself at the tip of Twilight's horn.

“Oh, this isn't good,” the unicorn said, cringing, knowing she was no longer in control of what she had set in motion.

All around Ponyville, residents turned their attention to the beam of light and magic that erupted from the library and into the sky.

“Whoa,” groaned Pinkie Pie, popping out from beneath the books. “I haven't felt this shaken up since I fired myself from my Party Cannon.” A singed and battered-looking Twilight shook off her own shock, staring at her friend in bewilderment.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Outside of the Konoha Shinobi academy, a young boy, with blonde hair and whisker-like markings on his cheeks, sat on the lone swing, watching the other children get picked up by by their parents. The boy, at only six, had just started at the academy recently, and already he hated it. But only because the academy hated him too. He still didn't understand just why it was that nobody seemed to like him. He tried being nice, but nobody ever treated him any better. He tried playing jokes to get the other kids to like him, but they found him more annoying than anything.

He watched with a longing and a bitterness that no child should ever have to feel. Looked at the happiness that filled the eyes of the other children, while his own held none. Many of the adults looked at him with disdain. A couple of them possibly even gave him a look of pity, but did not reach out to him.

Then and there, Naruto made a wish. A wish that came from the heart, from the soul. A wish that came from every fiber of his being. “I don't want to be alone anymore,” he thought. “I wish I had a family...I wish I had friends...I wish my life wasn't so...empty.” Little did he know the impact such a wish would have. The magical link Twilight had released used the wish of the blonde to tether itself to Naruto, sensing that although he didn't realize it, the boy was willing to do anything to get what he desired. And that desire sealed his fate.

Like the unicorn, a magical aura began to surround the blonde, who looked at his glowing self in wonder, before the magic fluctuated, pulsing outward into a dome of energy, in which Naruto was the center. A spark, a flash, and the dome became a beam of light which shot into the sky, parting the clouds above. Children and parents alike screamed at the sight, mirroring the frightened boy within. Slowly, the beam began to narrow in width, and those who stayed long enough to watch the entire scene gasped in awe and fear as the light swallowed the boy entirely before fading out of existence.

Vomiting was the first thing Naruto managed to be able to do. Around him was a vast expanse of many-colored lights, zooming passed at high speed. Looking at the many spinning colors, Naruto turned his attention to his own body, which despite being unable to feel anything seemed to be stretching and compressing, distorting and shifting shape at alarming rates. He tried to scream, but no sound escaped his lips. Trying to move, he desperately swung his arms and legs trying to get a hold of something, but could not. A scream broke the silence now, and he instinctively knew that it was his failed scream from moments ago, escaping now despite his lips holding closed.

“What's happening?” he thought, afraid to try and talk again. Suddenly, he felt something snake around his wrist, though he could see nothing there. This only served to frighten the child further as he was suddenly pulled by the arm towards a tiny green dot, serving as a break in the neon expanse. As he got closer and closer, the dot got bigger and bigger, and he braced himself. Preparing to crash, he was surprised when he first felt a breeze before hitting the disk, which hurled him out of the bizarre, twisted place. And then the crash finally did come.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

“What was that?!” Sweetie Belle asked, she and the other crusaders hearing a rather audible 'thump' sound coming from outside their club-house. Closing their respective books, they walked outside, eyes going wide at the sight of a strange creature laying on the ground, covered in leaves and broken branches, looking for all it was worth as if he had fallen out of a tree, breaking all the branches on the way down. Sure enough, they looked up and saw that several branches that had previously been in the tree above were now missing.

Inching forward, Scootaloo nudged the new, rather bizarre creature with her hoof, jumping in shock when it groaned and turned over. “Any idea what it is?” asked Apple Bloom, moving in to look at the face of the unconscious thing.

“No clue,” Scootaloo admitted. Sweetie Belle's eyes lit up as an idea struck her.

“Hey, I bet Fluttershy does!” the unicorn filly announced. “She knows all about weird animals.” The other two seemed to accept her idea. Apple Bloom turned to the pegasus pony.

“Scoot, you're the fastest on that scooter of yours. We'll wait here and you go find Fluttershy,” she said. Scootaloo gave a salute, before taking off as fast as she could. She at first tried Fluttershy's cottage home, but the pegasus pony was nowhere to be found. Deciding instead to try the town, Scootaloo managed to come out with more luck, finding Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie, doing a bit of shopping.

“-And the whole place just went 'BOOM!' And I was like “WHOA.' And then I crashed into a bookshelf. I mean, all I wanted to do was see what she was working on.” Scootaloo skidded to a stop in time to hear Pinkie finish whatever story she was telling. Unfortunately, the cloud of dust she created shot all over the three older mares, nearly giving Rarity a heart attack from how dirty she now was. But Scootaloo ignored the shocked, yet enraged glare, instead turning toward the Pony she was searching for.

“Fluttershy, you gotta come see this!” she shouted, more excited than frantic. “There's some kind of creature we've never seen before. We think it might be hurt, because it crashed from a tree and wasn't awake.” The older Pegasus gasped. If Scootaloo was right, then some sort of animal needed her help, and there was no way she could ever deny it that help.

“Scootaloo,” she asked, and both Pinkie Pie and Rarity recognized the tone that was only in her voice when some kind of animal was in trouble. “Where exactly did you find this creature?” Turning her scooter, the orange filly motioned for Fluttershy to follow. The normally slow-flying Fluttershy, knowing some poor creature might be in pain, now easily kept pace, flying just above the younger pegasus. Pinkie and Rarity both followed as well. Neither wanted to miss this.

When they arrived back at the site of the Crusaders' club-house, the first thing they noticed was that the new creature, who even Fluttershy admitted she'd never seen nor heard of before, was still out cold. It was Rarity that made the more subtle observation.

“Is it wearing clothes?...I mean, if you can even call those hideous things 'clothing.” she asked, and indeed, it did dawn on the other ponies that the thing was wearing clothing of some kind. “Perhaps it's intelligent...or an exotic pet whose owner just has horrible taste in fashion?” she theorized, while Fluttershy inspected what she instinctively knew to be a child. She just couldn't discern what species of animal the child was. After giving the child a thorough inspection, noticing only a few minor injuries that were already on their way to healing, she turned and addressed Rarity's assumptions.

“Well, firstly, it is actually a he...” she began. “And I don't think he's anyone's pet. There's nothing on him that would identify him, or an owner.” Turning to Apple Bloom, she asked the filly, “Apple Bloom? Could you go see if you can borrow your sister's cart, please? I think we should bring the poor little thing to my cottage. I have my supplies there, and I don't want to shake him up more than we have to on the way.” The three Crusaders agreed, before taking off to go get the cart, while the mares waited with the unconscious child now.

“I've never seen anything like him,” Fluttershy announced when the fillies were out of sight. Moving closer to the child. Already, the bruises he had from his crash landing had shrunk. “That's odd,” she mused, looking at the damage he and the tree had done to each other.

Pinkie too was examining the boy, looking at him curiously, particularly his hands. Sure, she had seen creatures that had hands, but they were usually clawed and sometimes scaly, like Spike. Rarity was looking him over, though more mentally taking his measurements. She would have to get them later. Once the kid woke up, he was going nowhere until she had given him something decent. The rag of a shirt he wore was ghastly, and that was only the one half of his current outfit. It would never do.

Without warning, Pinkie gasped, causing the other ponies to leap back in surprise. “Hey!” she practically shouted. “If Fluttershy doesn't know what he is, maybe Twilight does. She has a book for everything!” The subject of their attention groaned slightly, and Fluttershy rushed to him, looking him over, but noticed he was still out of it. Blowing a strand of mane from her eyes, Fluttershy jumped in fright at the shrill sound of the Crusaders announcing their return, cart in toe. Being careful not to jostle the child too much, Rarity and Fluttershy moved him to the cart, which Pinkie Pie had quickly taken to pulling, making their way to Fluttershy's home. Along the way, the older pegasus hovered just above the slow-moving transport, watching the eyelids of the strange creature twitch, but not open. He would likely be out of it for a little while yet, at least.

Laying him in her own bed, Fluttershy moved down-stairs, addressing the other ponies. “Well,” she said. “He's still out of it, but I think once he gets some rest he should be fine. Pinkie, would it be too much trouble to ask you to find Twilight and see if she might be able to identify just what he is?” Pinkie adopted as serious of an expression as she could, before giving her timid friend a salute, bounding out the door.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Head throbbing, Naruto opened his eyes, and immediately closed them again. The light was simply too bright. Despite the ringing in his ears, he could at least make out the voice, sounding like a young girl. “Fluttershy!” she shouted. “I think he's wakin' up!” Naruto mumbled something, and the whoever was speaking seemed to have heard him. “And I think he can talk!” noted a bizarre accent, but put it out of his mind. The sound he next heard at first sounded like multiple foot-steps. However, there was a somewhat different sound to them then normal feet. Of course, he had no idea at this point what hooves on wooden stairs sounded like. He tried to sit up, but was held back down on the bed by said hooves.

“Oh, please,” a soft voice almost pleaded. “You've obviously been through a lot, and you're not healed fully yet.”

“The light...” groaned Naruto, and he heard a small gasp.

“Oh dear, I'm so sorry. Here.” From through his eyelids, he noticed the room got darker, hearing the rustling of curtains being pulled closed. “There, is that better?” the voice asked, as Naruto again attempted to open his eyes. His vision was still kinda fuzzy, but began to clear, and Naruto noticed he wasn't in any hospital...he also noticed that his current caretaker wasn't exactly...human. Rubbing his eyes, he could only stare at the strange, winged horse with a yellow coat and a pink mane. It kind of reminded him of that girl who he had met last week in class, Sakura.

“I must have hit my head harder than I thought,” the young blonde said, falling back onto the pillow as Fluttershy moved closer, examining his forehead.

“Oh yes,” she announced, either oblivious to his disbelief, or ignoring it. “You do have a nasty bump, but it's already starting to go down. Can I get you anything to make you more comfortable?” Naruto tilted his head in confusion. Fortunately, one perk of being a child meant that he was far more accepting of the fact he was being cared for by a...pony. Unfortunately, he had no idea what was going on or why, and his brain had to shut down for a while.

Fluttershy worried that maybe he had suffered a concussion, and waved her hoof in front of his face, receiving only a few blinks as a reaction. She turned to Apple Bloom, who had stuck around longer than the others. “Could you please go get some water?” she asked.

“Sure thing,” replied the little filly, rushing out of the room. Returning to the still frozen child in her bed, Fluttershy took stock of his injuries, which in only a few hours had gone leaving very little trace of them. Vaguely hearing the return of small hoofs, she was completely unaware that Apple Bloom had no idea what Fluttershy wanted water for. Which is why the little pony improvised, hurling the water into the blonde boy's face. Despite the alarmed look on Fluttershy's face, she noted the water did have the desired effect, getting the boy to snap out of his stupor, sputtering.

“Oh, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!” Fluttershy said, rushing from the room, returning with a rather fluffy towel, drying the boy. “So, um...what's your name?” The blonde was muffled by the towel, so couldn't reply, but when it was removed from his face, he managed to answer.

“I'm Naruto,” he said. “My name is Naruto Uzumaki.” Fluttershy couldn't help but smile at the boy's enthusiasm in the face of his near total confusion.

“My, that's an interesting name,” she said. “I'm Fluttershy, and this little filly is Apple Bloom,” she announced, motioning to herself and the young pony respectively. “We found you unconscious after you crashed into a tree. Naruto's eyes widened.

“A tree? Is that what I hit?” he asked in surprise.

“Yup!” said Apple Bloom, jumping up on the bed to get a better look at the stranger. “What were ya doin' up there? Trying to fly.”

“No!” shot back Naruto, defensively. But he added as an afterthought, “But that would be cool.” Apple Bloom just laughed.

“Well, maybe you could teach my friend Scootaloo to fly. You and her are about the same level at it already,” she giggled. “And you ain't even got wings.” When the filly said that, it again drew Naruto's attention to the mare, who was currently fluffing up his pillows...yeah, this was way better than a hospital. But his gaze was drawn to her wings, something which Apple Bloom was quick to notice. “Whatcha lookin' at? Ya look like you never seen a Pegasus Pony before,” she said, and Naruto nodded.

“I haven't,” he admitted. “I've never even seen or heard of any pony that could even talk before.” That caught the attention of the two ponies, who looked like the young boy had grown a second head.

“I have some friends that should be here shortly...maybe when they get here, we can try and understand what is going on here...oh, if it's not too much trouble,” she added as an afterthought. Naruto shook his head, the little boy just as confused as the ponies.

“I kinda wanna know what's going on myself,” he replied. Deep within child, something dark stirred for only a moment. It went unnoticed. Noises from downstairs alerted Fluttershy of her friends' arrival. She ceased the pillow fluffing, before easing Naruto back onto them.

“You just wait here, alright?” she said. “We'll be back in a few minutes, and then we can try and figure things out.” As she and Apple Bloom prepared to leave the room, Naruto decided to say one least thing.

“Ms. Fluttershy?” Turning back around, she let the blonde know he had her full attention. He just gave her a smile. “Thanks.” Smiling back, she nodded in response.

“You're most welcome,” she replied, before turning again to go meet her friends. Again, a dark force within Naruto came alive, only for a moment. But this time, down in Fluttershy's living area, the horn of a purple unicorn glowed. She looked up the stairs and tried to peak at what exactly might be causing it, but couldn't see what was in Fluttershy's bedroom. Whatever it was, she knew she should be wary.

Chapter end.

Peace to all my Fans

Fan of Fanfics

Author's Note:

Hey peoples. Big thank you to Raja-Ulat for permission to revamp this story. It was just way too good to let die. Hope you like, and make sure you go read the original if you haven't already.

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or My Little Pony. The original idea for this story came from the Fanfiction author Raja-Ulat.