• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 5,544 Views, 624 Comments

Hybrid - BAR0SS



A man with inhuman abilities that was in the care of the government winds up in a time and place he dosn't belong. Can he even find a way back? Will he even want to?

  • ...
33
 624
 5,544

Chapter 21:..

Chapter 21

'Oh my GOD! It's so good to be able to breath fresh air again.' I thought to myself as Lyth led my outside of the cave that I was resting in for the duration I was unconscious.

I had just spent the past few hours trying to tell Lyth why I was unable to eat gem stones, but he was all like 'Any dragon can eat gems'. I considered what he said but I still ended up deciding to just go without for the time being.

Anyway, I had transformed into my Hybrid form and Lyth led me outside to get some fresh air. I had been inside that cave for a week and a half after all.

"Welcome human, to one of my domains." Lyth said. I just turned to face his direction. "Oh right, you cant see." he said to himself quietly.

"You said one of your dominions, do you have more or...?" I trailed off.

"I have four to be exact. Four locations that myself and our migration group travel between at least once a year." Lyth answered.

"Why do you keep calling yourselves a migration? Would the technical term not be a horde?" I asked.

"Normally yes. But my migration group does not follow the practices of other dragon hordes. Most dragons are greedy by nature, but we teach ourselves to share and pass on to others. Not really an easy task being peaceful when other races seem to judge us before they know us just because of what we are." he explained.

"I know that feeling. When I first awoke from my cryogenic sleep, the ponies thought that I was some un-intelligent animal that they thought that they would study. And me wanting my freedom, I ran, and that led to them trying to hunt me down." I said trying to relate.

"What is a cryogenic sleep? Is it like hibernation?"Lyth asked.

"Sort of. A living creature that is put into cryogenic sleep is basically frozen and preserved for however long they are kept asleep for. I am about 23 years old physically, but I was actually born somewhere around 17 million years ago... I think it was. In short, cryogenic sleep is like being frozen in time, so long as the power source and tank remain undisturbed." I explained. I than began to wonder how the cryo tank I was in did keep going for as long as it did. Last time I checked, no human architecture aside from the pyramids could last that long.

I shook my head to shake off the thought. It was not worth thinking about, so I just concentrated on whatever else I could hear going on around me.

"Cryogenic sleep does not sound that great." Lyth said, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Its not that bad. Its like getting drunk and passing out, but only waking up in the future. I just guess I was lucky enough to actually wake up in a time where the world still existed... or even woke up at all." I said as I looked away.

"Perhaps fate thought it was the right moment." Lyth said. I would have rolled my eyes, but they were still injured.

"I don't believe in fate." I said in a short tone.

"Why not? Perhaps it was fate that saw fit to give you your talents, meaning that there is probably a reason as to why." I just facepalmed.

"I doubt it. I think that shit just happens." I said in a grumpy tone.

"Her Elder, is the injured thing that the ponies keep looking for awake?" I heard a voice say as it made its way over.

"Easy bro. I would no annoy the human if I were you." said another voice as it also made its way over.

"Who are you two?" I asked as I tried to find out exactly where they were.

"I'm Drake, and this is my brother Tank." I heard the second voice say.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Tank?"

"Yeah, my brothers real name is Tarveth, but he likes to be called Tank." Drake explained. I just nodded before shaking my head.

"So, why call himself Tank?" I asked again.

Next thing I knew, I felt a claw hand grasp my head and lift me up from the ground like I was a small dog or something. I let out a frustrated sigh as I reached up and grabbed said claws with my own, causing the one that was holding me to drop me.

"Ow, stop squeezing my claws!" Tank shouted in pain as he tried to pull his hand away from my grasp. I waited until he was pulling as hard as he could before letting go and hearing him land on is ass with a loud thud.

I heard Drake laughing his ass off as I so easily knocked his brother down and with such little effort.

"Anyway, so what is going to happen with me now?" I asked as I turned to face the direction I last heard Elder Lyth.

"Well, that depends human. What do you want to do?" Lyth countered.

"I don't know. Whatever I do choose, I guarantee that I will end up injured further or even worse. It seems to me that I have a curse or something that always ends up with me in some bad situation. I just need a holiday." I said as I faced downwards.

"Well, I would offer for you to stay with my migration, but because of the lack of trust between dragons and every other race, it would probably be better if you went back to the ponies." Lyth said.

I groaned in annoyance. "Ugh! Do I have to?" I asked sarcastically.

"Listen human, I would be honoured to have you as part of our migration. You have shown courage and selflessness when you saved the princess from the changeling lords, but the same princess obviously wishes to speak to you again, hence why she has guards scouring the land looking for you." Lyth explained.

"Yeah, maybe, but I don't know if I want to go back there. I don't belong there." I said as I sat down. "I mean seriously, all of the ponies of Canterlot look at me like I am some kind of monster. They don't say anything, but I see it."

"So, you find this a problem?" Lyth asked.

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. I got no response, so I continued. "Ok, let me ask you this? Why is is that you and your migration avoid other populations?"

"Its because we are... different, I guess. Other dragons see us as too pony for the likes of them, but to the ponies, we are just dragons. So we don't really belong with either side." Lyth explained.

"Exactly. But in my case, the princess seems to want me near her regardless of what her subjects think. If I didn't save Celestia, I might actually have become somewhat free." I said as I slowly began to rethinking my past actions. But I shook off the though as quickly as it came.

"Please, don't think like that human. You did the right thing saving another from a terrible fate." Lyth said as he came over and lay down beside me.

"Well, what would you recommend I do." I asked as I faced his direction. As if on cue, I heard what sounded like something appearing right in front of my face, causing me to recoil back from the offending sound a bit.

"Hey, look at that. Human here has a scroll." Drake said.

I felt around the area underneath where I heard the noise and sure enough, my claw came across a rolled up piece of paper.

"Hey, I don't suppose one of you could help me out?" I asked while holding out the scroll. "I still cant see." I then felt the someone else take the scroll from my hand followed by the sound of the scroll being unrolled.

"Alright human, this is what it says." Drake said before clearing his throat unnecessarily.

----------
Orion, I do not know if this letter will reach you safely. I can only hope that it does manage to find its way to you. If you are reading this, it must mean that you are still alive. If that is true, than I ask... No, I beg of you. Please, come back to Canterlot.

By now, you will have noticed my guards searching all surrounding areas of the changeling castle, but you have not been found as of late, which also means that you have been deliberately keeping away and I can't help but feel as if it is my fault.

I swear, I never meant for you to be harmed. Because of recent event, I have not been able to sleep or concentrate knowing that you are out there somewhere, injured. Every time I try and sleep, my mind keeps playing the image of seeing blood flow from your eyes and you shaking violently. Every time I try to concentrate on some task that need be done, all I can think about is your safety.

Please, I will do anything. Just come back and allow me to express how sorry I am for putting you in harms way again.

Ever since you have arrived, you have been abused, treated like an animal because you are different, chased down like some sort of prisoner, imprisoned in stone and now, blinded.

Please, Please just come back and I will make everything alright.

Signed: Your friend, Tia.
----------

"And thats it." Drake said as he finished reading the letter. "Hu, I wonder why she called herself Tia?"

"You see human, Princess Celestia wishes to make good on all that has happened." Lyth said.

I mulled over what was said in my mind. It wasn't really Celestia's fault that I got hurt. If anything, its my fault because I should have been more careful to begin with, which also makes it my fault for her getting hurt.

A wave of guilt passed over me. Celestia had taken me along with her to defend her, that was our plan even before we left and I had failed. She still got hurt.

"So human, what do you say?" Lyth asked.

"Well, even if I was to go back, just how am I supposed to even do so?" I asked.

"All you have to do is ask. Ask and My brother and I can go and get one of the patrols that are looking for you." Drake said.

I placed a claw on my forehead and let out a sigh. "Alright fine."

"Cool. We will be back in a minute." Drake said. I then heard the sound of two sets of flapping wings as both Drake and Tank took off.

"Well, I guess I will be going soon Elder." I said with a slight hint of sadness.

"You do not seem happy. Why?" he asked.

"I may be going back to talk with Celestia, but even though I can't see, I fell more welcome here. I may not be able to see them, but I have noticed all 41 other dragons look to me and just regard me as another dragon." I explained.

"How did you know there were 41 dragons aside from myself and my sons?"

"I have my ways. Its one of the reasons Celestia seems to want to be near me." I said with a shrug. "But still."

"Come human. If there is any time that you fell the need, you are welcome to seek us out and live with us for a while. And just maybe, with you being in the land of ponies, you can help us by showing the ponies that not all dragons are bad." Lyth said. I smiled as I heard the hopefulness in his voice.

"Thank you Elder."

"If you will please excuse me, I need to go and speak with one of my followers." Lyth said before getting up and walking away.

I sat there in silence for about 10 minutes, just waiting. I took my bandage that covered my eyes off and let the warm rays of the sun shine down onto my scared face. But I was soon heard some sort of commotion that was getting closer.

"If you have had him in your custody this entire time, why did you not surrender him to us when we asked you for him!?!"

"Because our elder asked us not to. Elder just wished to have a few words with him." I heard Drake counter.

"Look captain! There he is!" Someone else shouted.

'Oh, please it not be Shining Armour.' I thought to myself with slight irritation.

"Orion!" came the voice of Shining Armour as it came closer before hearing a skidding sound right in front of me.

'Fuck.'

"Orion. Are you... Sweet Celestia! What happened to your eyes!?" Shining shouted as I felt both of his forehooves grab my head and move it around as he looked over my injuries. I knocked his hooves away before re-applying the bandage to my face.

"Don't worry about me Shining. I'll be fine." I said before pushing myself back up to my feet.

"Well, lets go. Princess Celestia has been looking for you for some time now and besides, there is no reason to be near these mosters." Shining said grumpily.

I turned and faced his direction. "Listen to me very carefully. These dragons have been nothing but kind to me and have helped me in my time in need. I never want to hear you call them mosters ever again. Am I understood?" I asked in a dark voice.

"Uh, y-yeah. Sorry."

"Good, thank you. Now, how are you going to get me back to Canterlot? I'm not exactly in the best condition for moving around myself." I said.

"Hold still a moment. I'll get us there in no time. Lieutenant! I want you to go and report to all search parties to return to Canterlot!" Shining called out.

"Yes, sir!"

"Alright, now while she does that, I can get you back." with that said, I heard Shining make his way over beside me. "Now just relax."

A few seconds later, I felt a tingling sensation engulf my body before hearing a familiar 'whoosh' followed by a 'pop' noise. Shining had just teleported us.

I waited for a moment, but I hear noting.

"Uh, Shining? Where are... Argh!" I tensed as I felt something wrap its forehooves around me and hug me tightly. "Ah, ow. Ease up a little."

"Orion, I am so sorry."

I let out a sigh as I realized that it was Celestia hugging me tightly. the way she spoke, she sounded so... distraught. I felt Celestia wrap her wings around me and embrace me tighter.

"Please forgive me Orion. I swear that..." Celestia started up again but I cut her off.

"Yeah, I know. I got your letter." I said. I tried to struggle out of her grip, but she had basically wrapped herself around me and was not about to let me go any time soon.

"Can I see them? Your eyes, please?" She pleaded. I nodded before awkwardly freeing my arms from Celestia's hug and took off my bandage. As I was taking off my bandage, I heard Celestia gasp. "Oh no."

"Don't worry, I'll be ok. I just need some time to recover my abilities and I will heal." I said. I felt Celestia bring a hoof up and gently caress my scarred eyelids, but unlike Shining, I didn't knock her hoof away.

"Are your injuries this bad in your human form?" Celestia asked to which I nodded. "Please, show me." Celestia asked.

I reverted to my human form and faced away. But Celestia placed a hoof under my chin and moved my head to face hers gently before moving that same hoof to my cheek. Celestia continued to examine my face for a few more minutes until she finally broke the silence.

"Come with me Orion. You need to clean out those cuts." she said before walking beside me and wrapping a wing behind my back. She than began to lead me somewhere.

We walked along for a few minutes. I had no Idea where we were going, but I trusted Celestia with where we were going. Eventually, I heard a door open and we walked through it before it shut behind us.

"We are almost there, just a little further." I heard Celestia say before we continued to walk along. We soon entered a room where each of my footsteps began to echo.

"Where are we?" I asked but Celestia giggled.

"Where are in my personal bath chambers. You need a bath because you smell like you haven't done so in a week." she said.

"I haven't been conscious for the past week so it wouldn't surprise me." I said.

"Well come on then. You need to get out of those clothes, unless you plan to bath in them." Celestia said as I heard a squeak followed by the sound of rushing water.

"Haha that would be a trick." I said before I sat down and began to feel around my boots for the knot in the laces and began to undo them and take them off. I then proceeded to take off my socks before getting back up and taking off my shirt. I was about to take off my pants, but a thought came to mind. "Celestia, are you still here?" I asked.

"Hm? Oh, yes. Do you need something?" she asked.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I could use some privacy." I said nervously.

"Oh, sorry. I'll just be heading out then." she said before turning off the water. I then heard her hoofteps as she exited the room followed by the sound of the door shutting.

I undid my belt and slipped out of my pants followed my my briefs before climbing into the bath that seemed to be an in ground pool and relaxed a moment. I breathed in the warm air and felt the bubbly soap that rested on the surface with my hands.

'Damn this feels good.' I thought to myself. 'Be happy Halex. We are back in the land of trouble.'

-The question is: Are you done being a bitch about life?-

'Oh hey, you are still alive.'

-Seriously? I was just talking to you this morning.-

'Yeah well. Anyway, I should probably try and clean my wounds out hey.' I said. as I felt around for a wash cloth. I found one on the edge of the bath. I could have sworn that the bath was more of a pool than a bath tub.

I soaked the cloth in the hot water before lifting it back out and bringing it to my face carefully, letting out a pained hiss as the cloth made contact with the damaged skin.

"Orion, I brought you some..." I heard Celestia begin as she opened the door again, but was cut off as I let out another hiss. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, just hurts is all." I said as I continued to carefully clean out the damaged skin. I heard Celestia walk up behind me and lay down. I then felt the cloth being pulled from my hand.

"Here, let me help you." she said. I relinquished my grip of the wash cloth and soon felt it ever so gently dab at my eyes repeatedly. It felt so much better when she did it.

I lay my head back on the edge of the bath and allowed Celestia to continue to tend to my eyes. I don't know how, but as she did it, it didn't hurt as much as when I tried to. It felt kind of nice.

After about 10 minutes, Celestia had finished her work and placed a hoof on my cheek.

"Orion, are you awake?" she asked, but I didn't respond straight away. I was too relaxed.

But because of that delay in my speech, it allowed Celestia to do something I never would have seem coming.

I was about to respond to her question, but before I could open my mouth, I felt a soft pair of lips slowly make contact with mine before caressing them ever so sensually.

In shock, I froze, which allowed Celestia to continue to caress my lips with hers.

-Pfft, you've done it now.-

Author's Note:

So yeah.

You should all comment. I like comments.