• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 648 Views, 12 Comments

Could Be... - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the Might Be series, part 51. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
3
 12
 648

Chapter 1

Might be For Us

Chapter 1 – Could Be

A brief yawn comes from you as you continue to just listen to the two mares that have invaded your house early this morning. Truthfully your mind and body has still not recovered from the events that only just passed a few days ago, and reliving them to talk to Twilight's friends didn't really help.

"...Ahhh, he's so cute."

The slightly high pitched deeply lady like tone runs through your ears, but a smile breaks across your face as you watch the little dark cream coated colt wiggling his front hooves to the words.

"Whoa...He looks a lot like you."

You turn your head to the cyan mare that stands next to Twilight as you speak up with a proud little smile, "Yep."

However your voice turns Rainbow's eyes as she cocks a smile to you, but her tomboyish words come to the lavender mare as she nudges her, "I'm sorry Twilight."

A faint giggle stems from Twilight as she just looks to you, but Rainbow's words don't come to an end as she squints her eyes to you, "What happened to your ear again?"

Before you can speak up the sound of a high pitched slight squeal comes to the room, you turn your head towards where Rarity stand in front of the highchair halfheartedly expecting the sound to have been coming from the colt. But instead your eyes meet the white mare trying to pull her mane away from the happily smiling colt that has clamped his front hooves to it, "Yes ha ha ha...Now let go please."

The amature baby like voice brings a slight grin to your face as you hover the bottle from the table and over to the little colt, your distraction plan works out pretty well as the colt's pink button eyes turn to you.

Rarity quickly takes her head back from the colt's swinging hooves as her eyes look to her now ruffled mane.

You move the bottle to the colt's wiggling hooves as he quickly takes hold of it and shoves it into his mouth. His pink eyes hold to you as the loud sound of the milk being sucked down fills the room.

"You did warm it right?" Twilight's voice turns your head, but you're only able to nod your head as Rainbow's voice comes up, "Seriously Rarity you better never have a foal."

The comment breaks her concentration to her ruffled mane as a single sarcastic one Ha laugh runs from the white mare's now straightened posture, "OH? Are you implying that I would be a bad mother?"

Rainbow cocks her head as she wiggles her right hoof from the ground towards her, "Come on Rarity, you hate messes and you can't stand anypony running around your shop..."

"Ugh, Rainbow...Darling..." A slight lady like giggle comes from Rarity as she holds her hoof to her chest as she pokes her head a little towards where the cyan mare stands, "I would not be working in my shop, I will be living in an extravagant boutique in Canterlot were I and my husband will be raising little Unique."

Rainbow squints to the words as she speaks up, "Who's Unique?"

Without hesitation and with the same confidence her last comment had, "The unicorn filly I will have one day."

A slight chuckle runs around the room as Twilight starts to trot towards where the colt sits in his high chair. You hold your laugh below her friends as you instead drift a little into thought, sure Twilight has talked about Rarity but from what you know the only male pony you've ever seen at her house is Spike...And he's not even a pony. You lose your smile a little as your mind continues to trail on.

"What? What did I say?" Rarity turns her eyes around the room as she waits for a response.

Of course before you or Twilight could speak up Rainbow has started up already as she begins to stretch her wings out a little, "And how do you know that it will be a filly or a unicorn?"

The comment pauses her response as the white mare just straightens her head, "Oh darling, I wouldn't expect you to understand my plan."

Rainbow rolls her eyes again as she turns to Twilight, "So how come you didn't tell us you had the foal?"

Twilight gives a little smile to the comment as she speaks up, "Well I was going to wait until we got into a routine and when we got better rested."

"Oh yes of course, I can't even begin to think how stressed you two were just a few days ago...And here we are not even knowing what's happening." Rarity loses her proper stance as she turns back to the lavender mare.

Twilight nods her head as a little sigh runs from her, "Well at least-..." Twilight's words are cut off as the sound of the bottle clanging to the ground turns you and Twilight's heads back to the little colt.

"Aerolight, you shouldn't throw things." You doubt that Twilight's words had any effect on the colt, however the baby like tone does bring a little giggle to the dark cream colt as the empty milk bottle comes from the ground with Twilight's magic.

As Twilight floats the bottle towards the table the cyan mare speaks up as she looks towards the stairs, "So is Violet and Spike still sleeping or something?"

Lucky, you hold that thought as you nod your head, "Ya, they should be down in a little bit."

"Oh, well could you please tell Spike to stop by when he's ready, I would like to go gem hunting before it gets too cold." Rarity pokes her hoof to you and Twilight a little more as she speaks up, "I was also going to the spa later if you would care to join me Twilight, you must want to relax now that you have the extra weight off...Mostly."

Twilight gives a simple smile as she shakes her head, "No thank you Rarity."

Rainbow turns her head to the white mare as she speaks up, "Wait, that's why you wanted me to clear the skies around the Ghastly Gorge?"

A slight giggle comes to Rarity as she wiggles her hoof to the cyan mare, "Oh Rainbow darling...You didn't just clear that just for me, think of all the ponies that will now have beautiful new Hearth Warming eve gowns because of you."

The comment rolls Rainbow's eyes as she speaks up, "Whatever."

"Mhm, yes well I should get going." Rarity turns her gaze to you and Twilight as she gives a little smile, "Congratulations you two..." Her eyes turn to the little foal as she speaks up, "And goodbye Aerolight...Did I say that right?"

Twilight gives a little giggle as she nods, from the nod Rarity moves to the door as she leaves the house. Once the door closes Rainbow comes up from the ground as she gives a little laugh, "So Twilight do you want me to go and tell everypony to stop by later?"

"Well, maybe we should wait...I don't want to keep Aerolight up all day." The cyan mare's tomboyish voice comes up as she nods to Twilight's comment, "Ya I understand...I mean could you imagine somepony hanging around here with no reason, especially when you two are probably tired."

You think over her words as you smile to her, she's not leaving soon is she?

Sure enough Rainbow's low flight has brought her in between you and Twilight as she begins to bring her hooves to the dark cream colt.

"Rainbow-..."

Before you can finish your comment the cyan mare has turned to you as she gives a slight tomboyish laugh, "I know I know...Not to fast and not to high."

You give a little sigh as you watch Rainbow taking the small colt into her hooves, his small legs now dangle towards the ground that only lay about a foot below him. However a bright smile still comes over Aerolight's face as he squirms and giggles towards the wood beneath him.

Rainbow gives a light giggle as she adjust her hold, "Wow...He's a lot more energetic huh?"

Twilight doesn't give the thought any mind as she starts to trot towards the stairs, "Not really...I'll go get Violet and Spike up."

As the lavender mare begins to move from the room you turn your eyes back to Rainbow and the colt in her hold as you think over her comment.

End of chapter 1