• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 8,001 Views, 658 Comments

Ab Initio-From the Start-Al Principio. - Daxn



Alternate Universe, where Twiligth Sparkle doesen't get forgiven by Celestia in "Lesson Zero".

  • ...
68
 658
 8,001

PreviousChapters Next
V per Vendetta/ R for Revenge

Twilight woke up again, a lot more cleaner than the previous waking up and a lot more cheerful than the usual mood she had in the past days when waking up.

She happily jumped out of bed, landed on all four legs, and walked out of the room to reach the bathroom, and do her morning ritual of teeth brushing, bodily functions reliving, and a quick shower.

After doing those tasks in ten minutes, Twilight exited the bathroom, making room for Pinkie Pie, and went downstairs, towards the dining room, where the untainted breakfast, the first in two days, awaited.

The ebony table was set, as usual, with a white placemat with blue borders for each pony, a green cup strpied with black lines for Twilight, a light pink cup with two ceramic daisies as handles, and a larg White and baroque-looking cofee cup for Velvet. As far the cutlery was concerned, it was the usual one.

As for the food avaible that morning, Sedula Serva was bringing three bran muffins on a red ceramic plate, around twenty cookeis on a light green plate, and three brioches in a small wicker basket.

Twilight sat on the red padded chair, and waited for Velvet and Pinkie, before starting to eat what Sedula Serva was bringing in.

As she waited, Twilight remembered what she had done the night before, and said.

"Sedula, please, don't make coffee for me. Just give me the milk, the untouched one, if possible."

The valet simply said "As you wish, Miss Twilight," and asked nothing abut her reasons for refuse coffee that morning.

Once the valet agreed to make one less coffee, Velvet's daughter sighed of relief, and started to rotated her mug around itself as a way to pass time.

After three minutes, Velvet and Pinkie Pie finally showed up, greeted Twilight, and sat on the red padded chairs.

As a way to be sure that her mother wasn't playing any tricks with food, Twilight looked at what Velvet was picking as food. She saw that Velvet took took five cookies and a brioche, while Pinkie Pie took a brioche, another five cookies, and one of the muffins.

"Better safe than sorry," said Twilight, as she took the cookies and her brioche "I don't want to fall victim to the laxative yet again."

As soon as Twilight filled her plate with the chosen food, Sedula Serva went back in the dining room, this time levitating a tray containg a pitcher of milk, the sugar bowl and the jug with the coffee.

Grinning, Velvet's daughter fileld with the milk her mug, and she started to slowly eat her breakast, sure that she got away with that.

Meanwhile, Velvet poured the milk and the coffee togheter, put some sugar in the drink, and stirred.As she did that, Velvet tried to start a conversation with her two fillies.

"So, did you slept well, my little angels?"

Pinkie Pie, who still had her mouth full of the muffin (eaten in less than twenty seconds) , answered to Velvet's question.

"Yep. And you?"

Velvet, while nibbled the brioche, answered with.

"Yes, I slept the sleep of the rightful."

Twilight snickered at the notion.

"I think I've heard something going on downstairs last night, but, aside from that, nothing else happened. And you, Twily, did you had a good night?"

"But of course. Sure, I've dreamnt that you held me in this state for the rest of my mortal life, but, aside from that, I slept well." Twilight said, as she ate some more food.

Apparently, Velvet ignored the omment about the strange dream, and passed to another topic.

"Oh, and before I forget that: since today is Thursday, you will eat at school." Velvet smiled yet again to her dauhgter "Don't worry, I am going to pick you up, once the day is over."

At the words "eat at school," a victorious fanfare played in Twilight's mind, inciting her to do an hoff pump. But she contained herself: she didn't want to give too many clues about what happened last night to her mother.

Once the fanfare was over, Twilight gave the last bite to the fourth cooke. Looking at her mother, she saw her drinking the coffee.

"You wanted me to soil my diaper?" Twilight whispered to herself with a smirk, as she dunked the last biscuit in her cup "Now you shall soil yourself!"

That said, Twilight drunk the milk in one sip, and passed to the last food left on her plate, the brioche.

As she did that, Velvet had took a sip of her spiekd drink, and, apparently noticed that, since she stopped herself mid-sip, remaining with the cup still wetting Velvet's lips with the contenent, and with wide eyes with shrunken pupils.

Pinkie Pie, noticing that, asked.

"Mommy, is something wrong?"

Velvet snapped out of her trance, and, after basically slamming the cup on the table, she ran towards the bathroom, saying.

"No, no, it's just the coffee."

Twilight smiled widely, at the sight of her mother running towards the bathroom.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold..." she said to herself "or, in this case, at body temperature."

That said, Twilight went towards the entrance hall for get ready with the smock.


Shortly afterwards, while accompanied by Sedula Serva (who got the duty from Velvet to escort her daughter to the Kindergarten) Twilight reached the aforementioned building.

After waving goodbye to Sedula, Twilight, like the usual, joined the crowd of little foals and fillies entering, and then followed the directions to her class, where Lux, Nutriz and all of her classmates were waiting.

When finally all the foals were in the classroom, Lux proceeded to do the head count of the foals, and, when she was done with it, she said to the foals that they could loosen up, and the foals did just that.

The first thing Twilight did, once the name call was over, was look for Lex Populi, Orvosti Ostoba and Pearly Handle, and join their group.

Not that it took very long, since they were at the table in the corner of the room, either there drawing something, or pulling out some toys to play with them.

Twilight walked towards her three "little friends" and, soon as Twilight was near, she saw Lex raising her head from the piece of paper, dropping the crayon on the table, and turn around, to salute.

"Hewwo, Tiligh!"

Twilight slowly sat down, so to get at eye-level with Lex, and answered.

"Hello, Lexy!" Twilight looked at the piece of paper, and saw a shape drew on a piece of paper. Interested, Twilight asked, "What are you doing?"

Lex took the picture and gave it to Twilight. It was a rather crudely drawn picture that looked like two unicorns, one small and pink, with a white mane and a black spot on the flank, and the other a purple adult pony with Twilight’s mane colours wearing a graduate cap on the head. Both ponies were holding each other’s hoof and smiling outwards: thanks to this detail, Twilight could realize that the drawing was supposed to represent her and Lex.

The gesture of it was so sweet Twilight felt tears try to well in her eyes, but, since she did not want to accidentally send the wrong message, she forced herself to not shed any tears, and smiled at Lex.

“Thank you, Lexy. I- it’s beautiful,” she said, nuzzling the small filly, who giggled in response.

“If you two awe done being girwy, can we pway now?”

Twilight and Lex turned to see Bright Light and Olive Oil giving them slightly impatient looks.

They both giggled and went over to join the two colts.

After an hour or so of playing games, Twilight heard a clapping. Turning around, she saw Nutriz holding in her magic grip a big roll of red paper, and Lux entering with four boxes containing pieces of paper.

Twilight saw Nutriz unroll the roll, revealing what was written over it.

“The Seasons.”

“Alright class,” Nutriz said, while attempting to get the foals’ attention. “It’s time to learn about the seasons, so, everypony find a partner and sit down.”

Twilight followed the fillies and colts to the mat and looked for a spot to sit down.

“Tiligh! Here!”

Twilight saw Lex waving eagerly to her, indicating to a spot next to herself. Understanding the cue, Twilight walked towards her, sit down near Lex, and follwoed the lesson with her.


Lex could barely contain her excitement, at the thought she was sitting near Twilight, one of her favourite big ponies.

Why did Lex admired Twilight? Because she was the smartest pony Lex knew, maybe even smarter than her mommy. Also, Twilight was very kind and welcoming, she had helped her against Hard Time... in short, she was great.

Not only that, but Twilight was also friend with Princess Cadence, or, at least, that was what she understood the day before, when she saw Princess Cadence and Twilight sitting at the table of a bar.

Lex wandered on with her mind, as Twilight answered a few of the questions about the seasons when the other fillies and colts didn’t have the answer to the questions given by either Lux or Nutriz.

If she could, she’d have Twilight as her big sister. After all, Lex had always wanted a big sister, and Twilight was the closest thing she had. But, for the time begin, she could only hope that Twilight wanted to be her sister.

As Lex thought this things about Twilight, she uncosciously leaned into Twilight and enjoyed the warmth coming from her body, and she he almost squeaked when, after noticing Lex leaning into her, Twilight wrapped a foreleg around her, brining Lex into a warm hug.

Lex’s mind drifted off once again, thinking about the possibilites of having a big sister...

“Lexy?” a voice seemed to say from far away. “Lexy? Lexy, wake up!”

Lex jerked awake and looked at the source of the voice, and saw Twilight. Confused, she looekd around her, and saw that everyone in the class was looking at her, some giggling, some snickering, others looking just confused.


Lex blushed when she realized she had fallen asleep, and asked.

"What went on?"

Before the teacher could answer to Lex's question, Orvosti Ostoba, who was sitting next to Lex, raised his right hoof and snickered. “De answew is Auwtum, Ms Nutwiz. Leaws faww in Auwtum.”

Lux gave a glare to Orvosti Ostoba, before saying what he said was correct.


Nutriz nodded, then looked to Pearly. “Pearly, can you tell me why Spring comes before Summer and Autum before Winter.”

Pearly fiddled with her hoofs nervously. “Spwing bwings wife back to Equestwia and get us weady for how hot summer wiww be?”

Nutrix nodded affirmatively at the filly's answer. “And what about Autumn?”


Pearly, still nervous, gave a small, awkard smile. “Weww, da weafs need to be off da twees befowe wintew orw da twees get sick when it gets cold?”

Snickering could be heard, but it stopped when Nutriz and Lux gave firm looks at the fillies and colts responsible.

Half an hour later, the lesson was over and Lux escorted the children to the yard, to which they all the foals headed off to have fun, leaving the two teachers to talk about something that had been on their minds since the last week.

Namely, their newest, temporary student, Twilight Sparkle.

"I kind of can't help but feel uncomfortable with the presence of Twilight among the foals," Nutriz said "even if I know she doesn't bear any ill will to any of them, as confirmed by her actions towards Lex Populi's problems with Hard Time and the rest of the classroom, I always feel that her presence might be unhealty for the foals."

"Considered your personality, Nutriz," said Lux while giving a small poke to her colleague "I would be surprised of the opposite. And at least you are not in high alert anymore, like when the letter from Celestia came, and when you read it, you started to talk about the worst case scenario of a Dangerous pony like if it was a sure thing."

Nutriz smiled weakly "That's true. Sometimes I get too carriedo ver by my protective instincts." Nutriz looked at the sky thoughtfully for few seconds, before setting her eyes back on earth

"By the way, I have yet to understand what is the deal with the diaper and smock."

Lux sighed, and said in a somewhat solemn voice.

"It's a bit long, but I will try to make it short for you. Basically, Twilight's mother, Velvet, has become more loopier than the usual, and decided that Twilight was her little foal. I don't know why it happened, by I think it's a mix of Empty Nest Syndrome and the occasion of Twilight going back to Magic Kindergarten as punishment. For what I've gathered, Velvet is increasing her efforts in treating Twilight like a little filly."

Nutriz stared blankly at Lux.

"Velvet? How do you know her? And how do you know she is doing that to Twilight?"

"Because Velvet was one my study companion at University, before I changed my course of studies. She was famous for her histrionic actions, for example, chasing old stallions but rejecting them if they did the first move, or bring a sack of seashells in lecture room, saying it helped her concentrate." Lux gave a brief glance at what was going on in the yard, before going back to the conversation.

"And I know what is going on in Twilight's house because she told me. And from what I've heard from her, Velvet is doing turk things, like pour laxative in food and lock her into a playroom, in her attempt to break Twilight's mind."

Nutriz looked a bit surprised, if not shocked.

"Wow. I am surprised that the worst thing that Twilight is suffering from her mother's 'treatment' is just her inability to control her bowels for a short time. I would suffer worse consequences, if faced with such situation."

"I would too." Lux crossed raised her left hoof and made a circular gesture on her forefront "Let's hope that the situation doesn't gets worse and her sanity slips."

Nutriz did the same gesture, and said "I also hope that, if only because that would be even more disturbing for everypony involved."

That said, Lux looked up at the wristwatch she had. Seeing that an hour had passed, and it was time of change the foals, Lux rotated herself, clappedh er front hooves and gathered the filleis and the colts around her.


Twilight, for the first time in days, gladly headed to line up with the fillies and colts that hadn’t used their diapers and were waiting to use the toilet during Cahgne Time.

In her mind, yet another victorious fanfare played, as she thought.

"Finally I can go to the bathroom like the adult pony I am, not like the little filly my mother thinks I still am."

However, a male voice deraield her train of thoughts.

“How can you be wike Tiligh when you pee yowsewf?”

Twilight turned to see Orvosti Ostoba poking Lex’s wet diaper, a smirk on his face. And, if Lex's face was of any indication, she was pretty upset about that.

Twilight, disreagarding the direction the file was going, walked over and asked, “Lexy, what’s wrong?”

The filly looked at Twilight, tears brimming in her eyes.

“I-I wan’ed to be w-wike you,” she sniffled, looking down. “You dinna pee youwsewf. I-I did.”

Twilight, understanding the filly's fustration, gave a warm smile and nuzzled the small filly.

“It’s okay, Lexy. When I was your age it took me a while too.” She winked “Don’t worry, I know you’ll get the hang of it soon.”

Lex sniffled, a hopeful look in her eyes. “Y-you pwomise.”

“Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” Twilight said, going through the motions.

Lex blinked, confusion playing across her face. “What... was dat?”

Twilight blushed. “Sorry. That’s a special promise my friend Pinkie Pie came up with. It’s called a Pinkie Promise. It’s a special promise between friends that can never be broken.”

“Newew?” Lex gave a small smile.


Twilight nodded. “Never. Now, go on and get changed.”

Lex was about to go, but she stopped and gave Twilight a hug.

“Youw da bes’ big sistew ewew, Tiligh,” she said, before hurrying off to join the other fillies and colts who needed a diaper change.

Twilight stood where she was for several seconds, Lex’s last words playing through her mind.

"Sister?" She asked to herself "Did she just called me 'sister'?" She smiled at the cuteness and felt her heart flutter slightly.

"Cosndiered what the drawing she did, how she mentioned she wanted do do 'just like Twilight', and how she speaks to me, I think she is turning in what Scootaloo is for Rainbow Dash. Not that displeases me, all things considered, rather, it almost flatters me. In fact, I would not mind to have her as a little sister, thought I know we are not related."

Twilight joined once again the line of foals going ot the bathroom, when a realization occurred to her mind.

“Then again, with the way my mother is acting, my father might want to separate,” she thought playfully, not really taking the thoughts floating through her head too seriously. “And, if Lexy’s mother and my father ever got together, I would be her older sister!”

Giggling at the little fantasy she’d just imagined, Twilight headed for the line of ponies waiting to potty, giggling again as thoughts of herself as Lex’s sister played out in her mind.

Once the foals were divided between the two groups, Nutriz lead the way to the bathroom, a simple room featuring ten or so squat toilets divided by twelve green screens and likewise doors. Since the foals were more than ten, Nutriz divided the group of foals in turns and made so that Twilight was the one of the first.

Once the turns were decided, Nutriz ordered to the foals to get in the stalls, remove their diapers or pull down their pull-ups, and squat on the toilets.

Nutriz helped some of the foals that had trouble into removing their garments, then closed the doors, and let the nature take its course.

Author's Note:

Oh God, this chapter...

I know it's a bit bare-bones, but, between the Catonian's PArty siege, and the fact that I've been an ass to my co-writer Autumn Breeze didn't help at all.

PreviousChapters Next