• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 2,599 Views, 83 Comments

A Pegasus' Dream - PrincessDashie



Twilight Sparkle dreamed of having wings for the majority of her life, however immortality was not part of that dream. When Dash rejects her advances, Twilight decides failure is not an option...afterall...everypony deserves a second chance...right?

  • ...
12
 83
 2,599

Chapter 2 : Meet The Foalsitter

The next morning Twilight awoke to the smell of her favorite breakfast in the world; pancakes. She immediately threw herself out of bed and jolted out of her bedroom. Running as fast as she could; she opened her wings upon reaching the staircase and threw herself over the edge, she glided quickly before losing control and crashing into the front door. “My head..” she whimpered, as Velvet came running into the living room.

“Aww, my poor baby, are you OK?” Velvet cooed, rubbing her daughters head gently.

Twilight looked up at her mother through tear filled eyes and replied, “Y..yeah... Ah'm... OK.”

Velvet finished surveying her daughter for injuries, before placing her back onto her feet. “Come on sweetie, breakfast is almost ready.” Twilight's ears perked up at the sound of this, she scrambled to make her way into the kitchen, where she quickly jumped up into her chair, impatiently awaiting her prize.

“Morning,” said Shining Armor as he sleepily made his way into the kitchen, doing his best to avoid tripping over his own hooves.

“Morning Dear” Velvet said, giving Shining Armor a peck on the cheek, causing him to blush in embarrassment.

“Mom... not cool” he said.

“What? Can I not give my only son a good morning kiss?” Velvet asked.

“Mom... kisses are for little fillies and colts, I'm a grown stallion” Shining Armor replied.

Velvet chuckled as she gave him another small kiss, “Last I checked you were only 10 years old... that still constitutes as a colt in my book dear.” Shining grumbled as he took his seat next to Twilight, who giggled away at her brothers embarrassment.

“Morning squirt, what's so funny?” He asked, causing her to sit straight up.

“N..nothin....” she replied, hastily shaking her head side to side, before letting out another giggle. Shining let out a chuckle, his little sister always had that effect on him. No matter what happened, he could always count on her for a smile.

“OK everypony, who wants pancakes?” Velvet asked, levitating a plate with a giant stack of pancakes on it, towards the table.

Immediately Twilight threw her hoof up in the air, waving it back and forth while chanting, “Oh! Me, me, I do!”

Velvet placed a few onto Twilight's plate, before turning to face Shining. “And what about you dear?” she asked.

“Yes please mom” he replied. “By the way... where's dad at?”

Velvet finished placing three pancakes onto Shining's plate, before placing two onto her plate. “Your father had to go to work early, you know how it is being an adviser to the royal family and all” Velvet said. Shining nodded, while taking a bite of his pancake. He looked over to see that his sister had demolished hers, and sat idly by, with an empty plate in front of her, and a sticky mess of syrup coating her muzzle. Shining placed a hoof to his forehead, and let out a chuckle while shaking his head back and forth.

“Come on squirt, let's get you cleaned up” he said, hopping out of his chair and levitating Twilight above him.

“Big bwother! Your magic tickles.” She giggled, as she attempted to escape his hold. Shining laughed as he levitated Twilight up the stairs towards the bathroom, while Velvet giggled at the sight.

“You know Twilight... we REALLY need to work on your eating manners” Shining suggested, as he scrubbed away at Twilight's muzzle with a soapy damp rag.

“Well” Twilight began, “Ah don' have magic like you do big bwother.”

Shining placed the rag down on the edge of the sink, before grabbing a fresh one to dry Twilight off with. “You know, my friend Cadance used to have trouble eating. She was a Pegasus once. If she can learn how to eat without magic, then I'm positive you will too little sis.” Shining stated.

Twilight squinted an eye at this. “Whatcha mean she was a Pegasus once?”

Shining smiled, “Well... she's a Princess, an Alicorn... like Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia is her aunt. Princess's aren't born as Alicorns you know... She was a Pegasus, and when Princess Celestia felt she was ready, she transformed into an Alicorn.”

Twilight's eyes were as wide as they could be. “Oh I wanna be a pwincess!” Twilight cheered, causing Shining Armor to laugh.

“Maybe some day squirt. After all, we can't have a Princess who still gets their muzzle covered in pancake syrup now can we?” Twilight squinted her eyes in mock anger as she stared her brother down, causing Shining to keel over in laughter. Seconds later Twilight nuzzled up into his side.

“Big bwother?” Twilight said.

Shining pressed into his sister's side and replied, “Yeah?”

Twilight layed her head into her brothers shoulder and closed her eyes. “I wuv you big bwother. You are the best big bwother and best fwiend eva... my... big bwother best fwiend forever.... right?”

Shining felt his heart melt at the affection. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips against his sisters forehead and replied.

“I love you too Twily.”

Later that afternoon, Twilight was seated on the end of the living room couch, looking through a picture book with Shining Armor. Shining read the book; as Twilight pointed at the pictures, following along. Velvet smiled at the two and took a seat next to them, and joined in on the story.

Hours flew for Twilight as Shining and her Mom told her stories, and played games with her. Before Twilight knew it, she was fast asleep for her evening nap. Velvet nuzzled Twilight as she slept, and levitated a blanket from across the room to place over her.

“Shining?” She spoke.

“Yes Mom?” Shining answered.

“Well your father and I were talking last night, and well... we are thinking of asking your friend Cadance if she would mind teaching Twilight how to fly.” Shining blushed, as his Mom spoke about his best friend and crush, hoping she wouldn't take notice.

“Well um... Mom... I'm sure Cadance will agree.” Shining said.

Velvet chuckled as she watched her son become more flustered as the seconds passed until she heard the front door open. She let herself off of the couch and walked towards the door, embracing Nightlight as he walked through.

“Welcome home dear” Twilight said, placing a kiss on his cheek.

“Good evening Velvet” Nightlight replied as Shining entered the kitchen and met his father as his mother placed Nightlights briefcase onto the kitchen table.

“Good afternoon son” Nightlight said.

Shining walked over and hoofbumped his father and replied, “Hi Dad.” Nightlight nodded before turning to the door, and signaling for another to enter.

“You really should say hello to your friend as well Shining,” Nightlight chuckled, as Princess Cadance walked into the house.

“Thank you for inviting me over Mr. Nightlight” Cadance said, “And hello Shining Armor, and you too Mrs. Velvet.”

Shining looked shyly at his crush, trying to find the nerve to reply. Mustering up the courage; he replied, “Umm... H..Hi Cadance, n.n.nice day.” Cadance put her hoof to her muzzle in an attempt to hide a giggle.

“Hello Princess Cadance, thank you so much for coming over this evening.” Velvet spoke.

“Oh please Mrs. Velvet, we've known each other since Shining and I were foals. You really don't have to address me as a Princess.” Velvet smiled warmly at the sincerity in what Cadance had said.

“Then... Cadance? Would you join me for tea?” Velvet asked. Cadance politely accepted and followed Velvet into the living room.

An hour passed: Velvet and Nightlight excused themselves and went for a walk into town, leaving Cadance and Shining Armor to spend the time catching up in the living room. Shining Armor sat on the far end of the couch, as Cadance sat in the middle, gently stroking Twilight's mane.

“I ran into your dad today at the castle. He was in a hurry taking some documents to my aunt, but as soon as he ran by me, he asked if I would come by this evening.”

Shining nodded. “Yeah, that sounds like my Dad: Always in a hurry.”

Cadance laughed. “Yeah, he asked me if I would be interested in teaching Twilight how to fly, I agreed, but also requested to be her foalsitter.” It took Shining a minute to register what she had said, seconds passed and he snapped his eyes open once he realized what she had said.

“Y... you really want to be her foalsitter Cadance?” Shining asked.

Cadance nodded her head, “I really do. You're my best friend Shining, of course I want to be your little sister's foalsitter.” she said, blushing slightly, yet not noticeable through her pink fur.

A few silent moments passed, but sure enough, they were interrupted by a small sleepy yawn. Twilight slowly opened her eyes to see a strange pink pony rubbing her mane. She quickly shut her eyes, causing Cadance to smile warmly.

“Hey there little one, don't be frightened” Cadance cooed softly.

Twilight slowly opened her eyes once more to look at the new pony in front of her: purple eyes that matched her own, her pink fur adorned with a purple, pink, and yellow colored mane, and a blue heart gem cutie mark adorning her flanks.

“H... Hi...” Twilight squeaked shyly. Cadance gently pulled Twilight up, and sat her back onto the couch.

“Hi there Twilight, I'm Cadance... I'm sure your...” Twilight's ears perked up the moment she heard the name.

“Your Shining's fwiend.” She blurted out.

“Yes... I am” Cadance giggled. Twilight smiled, instantly being drawn to this new pony before her.

“I'm so glad I finally get to meet you Twilight.” Cadance said, giving Twilight a soft hug.

“Me too Pwincess. Shining tawks about you all da time.” Twilight said. Cadance just so happened to notice the blush forming on Shining Armor's white cheeks.

“Is that so Twilight?” she asked, to which Twilight nodded. Twilight spent a moment looking at her new friend, analyzing every detail.

“So...” Cadance said, “I hear that you want to learn how to fly?” Twilight nodded, slowly extending her wings. “I would be more than happy to teach you Twilight.”

Twilight gasped, “Y...You would!”

Cadance nodded, rubbing Twilight's mane gently. “Yes silly. So starting today, I am your new teacher, and foalsitter.”