• Published 20th Oct 2013
  • 259 Views, 0 Comments

Outkast in Equestria: A Tale in Secret - Tower of 0



A piece of secret technology has found its way into Equestria. The consequences are undeniable, but can they be changed?

  • ...
 0
 259

My Freedom

I don't dream. I simply can't dream. I can close my eyes, but I can't sleep, the root cause of my disability to dream. Yet, when I close my eyes, I see numbers. Ones and zeros whiz by in my head. What could they mean? All my questions get left unanswered. Questions like: Why am I in a glass box? Why are there ponies dressed in all white outfits with blue goggles? AND WHY DO I HEAR WHIRRING IN MY EARS?!

Sorry, sorry, lost my cool there. That is actually one problem I've had since... well.. since I can remember. I don't remember much of anything that has to do with a childhood. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever had a childhood. If I did have one, it probably eludes me. Ahhh, the life of a pegasus that is me. What more could I ask for anyway?

I get regular visitors, I get free housing, free food. I mean, sure my 'home' is a glass box. These visitors don't talk to me, just watch me, and I watch them back. It's an amusing game for me, just peering, watching some of them shiver in their hooves. It's like they're scared of me, of what I might do to them. What can I do? I can just change the weather and fly. Not much of anything else I suppose. I yearn to see the outdoors. For as long as I can remember, I never once set a hoof outside. Strange when you think about. My glass box of amazingness certainly doesn't have any sort of windows. So I don't do much to entertain myself. Not that there is much for me to do. I lay around, sometimes just try to dream, but fail.

Dreaming is my only failure. I succeed at any other 'test' these ponies seem to throw my way. Whether it's a simple puzzle to painting to building something out of scraps. Nothing ever really is complex for me, except dreams. What holds me back from dreaming? Oh, hold on, I do believe the alarms are going off... again.

"This is not a false alarm! All experiments are to be moved to the lower levels!" A voice blared over some loud speakers.

"This place has more to it?" I thought to myself. Now was my chance to devise a plan. I can finally escape!

I quickly observed a door the opened, catching my attention for a brief time before some armored ponies rushed in and surrounded my box, all facing me. One looked highly decorated, so I assumed he was the leader of the outfit before me. By the looks of his armor, he was a unicorn, much like most of the ponies I see throughout my day.

"Keep an eye on the outkast model. Info says its extremely dangerous." I heard him say. I do have a gender, but calling me an 'it' is just low. Then his eyes fell on me. "You, come with me."

I just simply shook my head. I wasn't taught to speak, only to think.

"This is not an option or an open discussion!" He told me, one of those glass walls disappeared into the ground. Odd. "You are to come with me, that is final."

I just looked at him, his glare met my eyes. Silence. He took a step towards me, I took a kneeling stance, ready to charge. If I remember correctly, pegasi are faster in the air than most pony tribes, along with greater reaction time and durability when accidents happen.

"You have nowhere to go." He told me. On the contrary, I do have a way out. The exact same door they left open and unguarded. I also happen to have taken looks past that door to see the hall, ending in an elevator. Perfect.

He took a step closer to me, my wings flared out.

"Do not resist, that is an order!" Orders? I barely get ordered around.

Another step. I took this chance and charged at the stallion. My head collided with his metal armor. It didn't hurt, but I made a dent. Strange. I seem to have knocked the wind out of him, sending him crashing to the floor. The other guard took up defensive stances, surrounding me in the blink of an eye. Impressive, but not impressive enou- a rumble? There goes the lights. I took my chance and lept over the few block my path and broke into a gallop. Since when could I actually see in the dark? Wait, emergency power in on. the elevator is right there! I skidded to a halt infront of the doors, shiny doors, shiny white doors. I raised a hoof and pressed the call button, causing the doors to slide open anyway. I guess the guards came to this level by this elevator. I took a step inside and examined the controls. There was a red button, possibly an emergency stop? IT says 'DO NOT PUSH', I feel compelled to push it now. So I did! Heehee!

There was a rumble within the elevator car before a sudden force of gravity brought to the floor with a clang. since when did I go clang? Nevermind that now, I think I just turned this elevator into an escape shuttle! I can look out the window to see a blaze of yellow from beneath as I passed each level. A quick ascension, far too quick, I don't think this is structually sound for escapes.

I heard a loud noise above me, I think the car just broke through the roof. I don't believe it though. I'm outside, finally outside. That night sky, it's so beautiful. Oh the stars! Amazing! I think the car is shifting... yes, it is shifting towards a city. Elegant in nature, beautiful to describe. Wait.. wait.. WAIT!

I'm picking up speed, too much for the hull of car to bear! It's falling apart on me and-

"Remote system shutdown enabled, reboot when safety is reached." A voice in my head stated

Remote system shutdown? What is th-