• Published 7th Mar 2012
  • 2,022 Views, 32 Comments

Pony Kombat - masorin



A Mortal Kombat cross over with ponies taking center stage.

  • ...
1
 32
 2,022

Prologue

Pony Kombat
Prologue
By Masorin
(Edited By Skwoogle)

Emperor Shao Kahn. A large, bulking human adorned with a helmet and a mask resembling a skull. He sat atop a throne of bones, glaring down at the last of his subordinates failures. “Earth Realm has won its tenth Mortal Kombat, is now forever beyond our reach, and you tell me not to worry!”

The Emperor slammed his fist down rattling the entire room. His subordinate, a frail looking old man dressed in a long red robe, cringed out of fear that his head would be crushed. A fear which would soon be a reality if he did not already have a plan. “You have failed me Shang Tsung! Why have I put up with you for so long, I have no idea! You are incompetent, and because of that Earth Realm is forever beyond our reach!”

“If I may speak my lord...” Shang Tsung's words faded away, already knowing the answer.

“You may not! Your blundering has caused me enough pain.” The Emperor stood up grabbing his hammer from his seat. “You are finished, sorcerer!”

“But there is still a chance, my lord! We can take the long way around!”

Shao Kahn stopped, his hammer raised, pointing it at the helpless man. “Speak!”

“If we chose to invade and take another realm, we can use it to declare our intention to invade Earth Realm once again. Only Outworld is forbidden from invading Earth Realm, another realm would still be able to declare Mortal Kombat.” Shang Tsung looked up at the Emperor, his eyes pleading for mercy. “We can still have Earth Realm, it will just take 11 generations.”

“I have lived for countless generations, a few more is a small price to pay. However, I want this realm conquered quickly. No more of your blundering! If you fail so much as once more I will destroy you.” The Emperor said lowering his hammer.

Shang Tsung bowed his head. “Of course my lord. Thank you for allowing me this chance.”

“This is not a chance, Sorcerer. You will be punished for your failure in Earth Realm, now be gone! I will speak with the rest of my warriors and we will chose a realm… suitable for your taking.”

***

Quan Chi, Sorcerer of Nether Realm, stood pale white against the dark of the throne room. “Are you sure that you wish to claim… such a small realm?”

Shao Kahn sighed in frustration. There were many realms with competent fighters, and many realms that would be honorable conquests for his armies, but the laws of the Elder Gods have long since denied him of direct invasion. “It is not the conquest, it is only the door way. I do not mind such… a realm.”

“It is only four generations old, and should be easy for the taking, but just in case will you be requiring our assistance?”

“No! Outworld will fight its own battles!” The emperor stood up from his throne, walking forward once more to stand at his full massive height. “Elder Gods! Hear my voice! Outworld will challenge a new realm! We challenge the greatest warriors of the realm of Equestria to partake in MORTAL KOMBAT!”

***


“Princess, we came as soon as we received your summons!” Twilight breathed heavily as she and her friends burst into the throne room of Celestia. The sun goddess smiled, looking at her student, but it was a half smile. Her eyes were heavy and tired, and her face full of sorrow.

“Princess, are you okay?” Twilight said as she and her friends bowed before her.

“My little ponies, I am sorry. So very sorry. I never thought that this would happen.” The Alicorn stood up and lowered her head. “I must ask something of you that I never thought I would have to ask anypony.”

Rainbow Dash jumped up. “What, is it discord?! Point me in the direction, Princess, and I'll give them my best shot!” She said as she made punching motions her wings fully extended to help balance on her hind legs.

“Rainbow, ah don’t think the Princess is going to ask us to fight something. Usually we come up with more peaceful solutions then that.” Applejack said, trying to calm the cyan Pegasus.

“Actually, my little ponies, violence will be the answer this time. I am sorry, but we have been challenged and I can’t allow us to stand down. I must ask something horrible of all of you, and I am sorry… so very sorry.” Celestia broke down, her legs collapsing to the ground as she looked at the six mares of the elements of harmony. “You are Equestria’s only hope.”

“Princess, what ever it is, I am sure the magic of friendship will see us through it.” Twilight said looking at each of her friends.

“Violence, I um... don’t like violence... it's violent.” Fluttershy said in a slightly meek voice.

“My little ponies, my student. Yesterday, we received a challenge handed down from the Elder Gods, powers that dictate life in the multiverse. Our realm has become a target of a greater power, the power of Outworld. It is a realm of war, evil, sorrow, and death. If we as ponies want to avoid becoming a part of that world, then we must face their greatest warriors in a ritual called Mortal Kombat.”

The six friends turned from their princess then to each other stunned by the news. Several moments passed before Rainbow Dash slammed her hoof to the ground. “Then we beat them! And beat them again! And again if we have to! There is no way that these Out-what-ever people will take our world!”

“Ah can’t believe ah am saying this, but ah gotta agree with Dash. Ah don’t know much about warriors, but ah know ah can’t let others suffer. That ain’t the Apple way.” Applejack said, putting her hoof forward.

Silence met the two. That was, until the third voice joined them. Small and meek as it was, the voice still joined with her friends. “I um, I want to… help, if that’s okay I guess.”

“Well, if Fluttershy is in then I just have to be up for this challenge. Even though it is un-lady like and, I assume, completely messy, we will all just have to make due.” Rarity said taking her step forward.

“Like oh-my-gosh this is going to be the best adventure ever! Well, okay, maybe not the best adventure ever, I mean its scary and there's like so many chances that we can die or be maimed or something horrible could happen to us, so its not the greatest adventure ever but it is really cool I mean think about all the new ponies we will get to meet! And maybe we can make friends with some of these mean Outworld people but then they are lead by a meany-mic-meany-pants emperor so what are the chances of that! I mean-” Applejack put her hoof to Pinkies mouth to stop her from talking any more.

“I think what she's tryin to say is that she’s in.”

Twilight nodded to her friends, who nodded back. “Princess, we accept the challenge, and we will do whatever is needed for Equestria.”

Celestia looked at each of the ponies and smiled. Some of the frailty that had taken over her face faded, seeing the spirits of six good friends hold true to their values. “Thank you, my little ponies, you have restored my faith. When I first heard about this tournament, I felt a great despair, but seeing you six has brought me hope. Outside is the carriage that will take us to Shang Tsung’s island.”

“Princess, one question before we go?” Twilight said as her friends turned to leave.

“Yes my student?” Celestia said bowing her head.

“Will you be partaking in this facing of warriors.”

“I wish, Twilight, but laws older then myself have made it clear that I will not be allowed to fight. No immortal is allowed to participate, with few exceptions.” Celestia sighed gravely as she walked outside where several golden-armored pegasi waited to pull carriages for them. “When it comes to this… tournament, you and your friends will be fighting alone. Do not worry, I will be on the sidelines every step of the way.”

***

The flight to the island had been silent. Everypony had stayed hushed, as if waiting to hear that it was all some kind of bad dream, but as they arrived on the island the silence seemed to have manifested completely into apprehension and uncertainty.

The six ponies disembarked, along with the Princess, and each looked from one to the other unsure of what was next. The island was a beautiful landscape full of trees that they had never seen before. The sun was warm and inviting, but Celestia shrunk from it her head bowed. The sand felt odd on the pony’s hooves.

“What is this place?” Applejack asked curiously as she pointed at one of the odd trees. Its leaves were thin and high up, its bark seemed layered, and it seemed flexible to the touch.

“It’s a palm tree, AJ. Ones just like it grow in the tropical zones of Equestria like Californeigh, but I don’t actually know where we are.” Twilight said as a matter of fact, walking up to her friend to examine the tree.

“I um... don’t like this place.” Fluttershy said as she walked beside Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, I have to agree with Fluttershy. Something's wrong with the air.” Rainbow Dash said, looking up at the sky. “Where are the pegasi?”

“There aren’t any. We aren’t technically in Equestria anymore. Even the sun here moves naturally.” Celestia said in a low disdain for the area around her.

“How are we not in Equestria!” Twilight said, looking around. Everything had looked the same entering the island, and as far as she could tell it was all still equestrian soil.

“Magic. As we entered the island we became cut off from the rest of Equestria. This land is neutral ground, not equestrian or Outworld, but rather something entirely different.” Celestia said, her tone low. The goddess' body language said it all. She did not want to be here.

They began to walk into the woods of the island, following the laid out path up the stairs. Rarity rolled her eyes. “I did not pack tropical, my colors are going to clash with this place. Oh and just look at this décor! Somepony needs to learn about exterior decorating.” She said, pointing to one of the broken statues.

“Sugarcube, some how ah don’t think that decorating was what they was focusing on around these parts.” Applejack said, slowly walking with the others. She was taking this pretty well despite the soil under her hooves feeling so wrong.

***

Shang Tsung sat on a large chair overlooking the festivities. His new body made him feel uncomfortable as he reached out for a drink, only to knock the drink over with his hoof. He slammed the hoof down in frustration and sat back on his haunches. “Did he really have to do this to me?!”

Shang Tsung, once a proud and powerful sorcerer, had been reduced to the humiliating status of a unicorn. His body was old and frail, a short white beard extended from his muzzle, and his body was a faded red in color. His hair was grey, and his cutie mark, he sneered at the word cutie, was a swirling green vortex that clearly indicated his talent for magic. This was an outrage! He was a Sorcerer! Not a colorful pony!

The Emperor had decided on the form, and forced it upon the ancient sorcerer as punishment for his failure in Earth Realm. With any luck he could prove that he could still take some witless ponies, and regain his status with the Emperor.

“I think the form fits you, Sorcerer.” A larger man, dressed in a mix of black and yellow armor, spoke in an almost demonic tone. His voice was a mix of laughter and insult.

“Watch your tongue, Scorpion! This is still my island, and if you wish to fight in this tournament you will respect that." The aged unicorn snapped, quickly silencing the man.

The main six, along with Celestia, entered into the room. A gong, stirring the sorcerer from his conversation, announced their arrival. He rose to his hooves, wobbling slightly as he adjusted himself. “Greetings… warriors… of Equestria Realm.”

Rainbow Dash looked around, her confusion reflected in the looks of her friends. “Outworld creatures sure look weird!”

“Rainbow! You must be more sensitive! After all, to them we must look just as odd.” Rarity said, turning up her nose at her friends comment.

“But its true! I mean, just look at them… aside from that old geezer unicorn they're just odd. Just look at the fact that most of them don’t have manes, or that pony.” Rainbow Dash pointed to Scorpion. “What manner of pony walks up-right like that all the time. Really, its just creepy. Does he even have eyes?”

“Rainbow, I don’t think they are ponies by any definition of the word. In fact, that guy looks more like a… a… a well I don’t really know but its certainly not a pony.” Twilight said, her head tilting slightly as she tried to figure out what these creatures actually were. Her head was abuzz with biology note books and reference guides, but her mind was only drawing a blank.

“I am Scorpion! Proud warrior of the Shirai Ryu, and I demand to be addressed as such!”

“Shi-ray... what now?” Applejack asked quizzically.

“You're not a scorpion, silly! Scorpions are insects with stingers, and poisons, they are small and are creepy I don’t like scorpions much but it’s a funny word scorpion, it sounds like scorch and pin, with a little bit of on in the mix, see? If anything I would call you a bumble bee, get it because you’re yellow and black.” Pinkie Pie bounced in place as she spoke.

“Fillies? I.. um.. don’t really think we should be intimidating them like this…I mean just because they are odd.. um doesn’t mean… that we should um make fun of them.” Fluttershy’s voice was meek against Pinkies constant blathering.

“Enough! I will have order on my island! You have all been chosen for the greatest of honors.” Shang Tsung stood up proudly beginning his speech only to be interrupted, causing his eyes to widen in frustration.

“Honor? More like dishonor! I mean, we're really only here because you guys said you want to take our homes.” Rainbow Dash called out practically, booing the Sorcerer.

Shang Tsung breathed threw gritted teeth. “As I was saying, it is a great honor to be chosen to compete in Mortal Kombat. To stand where you are now means that you are the greatest warriors your realm has to offer-.”

“Yes, yes it's all true I'm quite awesome.” Rainbow Dash called out, provoking another glare from Shang Tsung.

“-and to be here to defend your realm so that future generations may know your vailiant victories, and honorable defeats-.”

“Pfft, like that will happen! I'm in it to win it!” Rainbow Dash gave a hoof pump as she reared up onto her hind legs, wings out stretched to help her balance.

“RD, will yah kindly stop pissing off our host? I think yah are taking this a might bit to far.” Applejack cut in trying to calm her friend down.

“That is it! Tomorrow at sun rise, you will be the first to fight!” Shang Tsung said, pointing his hoof at Rainbow Dash.

“Oh, why tomorrow? Are you chicken? What’s the matter, old geezer got a bed time you need to reach? I say bring it on right here right now.” Rainbow Dash said beaming.

“Rainbow, ah really think yah need to be a little smarter about what yah say...” Applejack said quietly, her words trailing off.

“I agree with your orange friend, but there is a process to these things. We still need to draft up the tournament roster and figure out who fights who. These are traditions that have stood for thousands of years that you have made a mockery of in one day. Now, if you take the exit to your left, you will find your rooms.” Shang Tsung said, pointing a hoof towards another set of stairs.

“More stairs? Really? Would it kill you to get some room service or maybe keep your rooms closer to the beach.” Rarity said with an indignant tone of voice.

“Don’t whine about stairs!” Shang Tsung, already frazzled from being interrupted, started to twitch.

“Oh, don’t get me started. I am not whining, I am complaining. This would be whining and you don’t want that now do you.” Rarity's voice went up about 7 octaves as she pranced on the ground.

“… You’re right I don’t want that! Now go!” Shang Tsungs horn glowed as Rarity's bags were suddenly levitated from the ground and sent flying towards the rooms.

“Well, I never!” Rarity tipped her nose and turned leading the group as they left.

Shang Tsung, now exhausted, turned and placed his face into his hooves. A part of him, maybe one of the many souls in his collection, had died today. Some how everything had gone wrong in his life and he had gone from almost having the entire world at his command, to now… partaking in Mortal Kombat with ponies. “I never had any of these problems with Earth Realm...”

Scorpion and the other fighters stood silently before leaving Shang Tsung and retreating to their own rooms for the night.

***

Tomorrow, the tournament would begin officially, and the first Equestrian fighter would be Rainbow Dash. But little did they know just how much power the Equestrian warriors would bring to this match of...

PONY KOMBAT

***

Authors note: How did this happen: Most of my readers will probably remember that I said I was giving up fan fiction to write a novel, and I did, My novel as stands is still in the works, but as I gained new free time, I also decided that I wanted to go back to writing fan fiction. So why isn’t this Doctor Whooves? Because I gave my series over to someone else, and also because I don’t have enough time to work on a weekly set of stories like my original fan fiction was. What I do have time for is a cross over of another color.

So then why Mortal Kombat? Well I tossed around a lot of ideas for what to work on in my free time, I was already writing science fiction with my novel so I wanted to do something else. I even put out a blog saying that I was going to take on Fallout Equestria new vegas (new haygas) until I learned that 100 other people already did that, and so I wanted to do something people had thought of, but no one had ever really done before because it would be hard to do. Mortal Kombat is interesting to me because although it is high action scene intensive it is actually nothing new to novelizations, and as a fan of the novels as well as the original games (the original 3 and deadly alliance) as well as the newest game (which is awesome on every level) I decided that the only way to make mortal Kombat better was cross it over with ponies. That’s really the entire background behind this story so I hope you enjoy it.

Comments ( 31 )

Interesting. I shall track. But be warned!! If I don't like it. It shall burn in pits of hell fire! :pinkiecrazy:

Completely awesome. Can' wait ta see what happens next!
"Prologue". You forgot the "ue".

:rainbowkiss:Now I wonder what would happen if Johnny Cage met them. Him and Dashie would get along just fine.

297393
actually that isn't a spelling error we here at Pony Kombat would like to show our support for the average log, as they provide us with a higher quality of life, hence we are Pro Log :pinkiehappy: but seriously we will have that error fixed right up.

297385
Thank you for giving this story a chance I hope that everything falls into your liking as i would hate for my soul to burn in agony for all time. :scootangel:

Fluttershy will totally win pony kombat

scorpion- my advice for you-
RUN!:flutterrage:

This is ridiculous... When's the next update?

298191 sadly not for a little while, chapter 1 is still in the process of being written and due to the length, and the six fights that are planned for Rainbow Dash, it shouldn't be done for a few weeks, however we plan on making the chapters satisfying and well paced so that when they do come out they are at a high standard of quality.

"How are we not in Equestria!" This needs a ?. Anyway. tracked.:pinkiehappy:

I'm picturing fluttershy going all "LOVE ME!" on some bitches

“It is only four generations old" I see what you did there.
also "Some how everything had gone wrong in his life and he had gone from almost having the entire world at his command, to now… partaking in Mortal Kombat with ponies." this made me laugh so loud I almost fell from my chair! I'll track this.

This is interesting. Are you also including the Earthrealm warriors, or is just Outworld and Equestria?

Keep up the good work; looking forward to the update! :pinkiehappy:

I don't even know what to think about this fic......... But I would at least expect Raden to see this as a possible threat and help them somehow. one way or another.

300980 we won't be seeing earth realm warriors in this story, except for the Lin Kuei, the reason for this is that Earth realm is not at threat any more, personally id like to think that Johnny Cage and the others are all on a beach relaxing during the time line of this story.

As for why the Lin Kuei are their I have an explanation in the story, but really they have just been bought as a safety measure to make sure that nothing goes wrong for Outworld.

301908 actually Raiden is the god and guardian for earth realm as he has stated so many times in the past that unless directly challenged he can't do anything, and really Equestria is well defended having two such guardians in the form of the immortal goddesses Celestia and Luna. three if you count the member of the Q but he won't be in this story... except for the logo :trollestia:

Can't wait until the next chapter /):rainbowkiss:(\
RAINBOW DASH WINS
FRIENDSHIP?

This is gonna be good :pinkiehappy:

One word of advice: Be careful what you do with Scorpion and Sub Zero, especially the latter - I've had a couple of commenters threaten to troll me off the internet if I kill him off...

303915
Hey, what can I say, MK Fans (like any fans) are passionate. I love me some Fatalities. Also Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the most recognizable characters. Also I realize I may have gone too far on my passion.

303915>>304087 Sub zero and scorpion have died a multiple of times in the series, and this is my story, I already have plots in motion with them, and a pony to be named later, :ajbemused: as a fan of mortal Kombat i can practically tell you that they have died at least 4 times to my knowledge. One more death should not be a major factor to either of them.

304579 Well that is correct Scorpion is a Hellspawn, Wrath if you will, as for Sub-Zero I think your thinking Noob Saibot (the original Sub-Zero as you know) who is also a Wrath. And I expect you will do justice, but if Sub-Zero or Scorpion get killed by Rarity or Pinkie Pie I will, what do you say dislike (IDK), this faster than you can say "Toasty"!

Pinkie is so dumb Scorpions aren't insects their arachnids (I know you know that). Great Story, cant wait. Also amazing Logo! And please kill Rarity. So I take it you don't like MK4 (I know it is not the best in the series, but it was the last great game in the series until MK:DA and Deception). Lastly, though it was never released, the only game I think could rival MK as far as violence goes is a game called Thrill Kill. Speaking of someone should write a thing about Thrill Kill, Conker's Bad Fur Day (British humor at its best), and Killer Instinct.

Goro vs. Pinkie pie. Do this and that will make my day. Leave a battle for Shao Kahn and Celestia, I'd love to see Celestia mop the floor with him.

Fluttershy vs Scorpion

Fluttershy used stare


BRUTALITY!!! FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!:rainbowkiss::yay:

oh and make all those who die when the tournament ends they come back to life, OKTHXGTGBYE!!!:rainbowlaugh:

yesh... make them revive at the end... so feel free to kill poniesh....:pinkiecrazy:

5000 years later, wheres that update? Ya busy? I can wait m'kay, just wondering.

Now, I do not usually write comments, but when I do I demand more.... So. gimme what I want, this instant, or else... I will... Ehm... Do... I will... Hmm... I bring in the kumquats!

Fluttershy vs Scorpion

FIGHT!!!

"GET OVER HE-"

:fluttercry:

Fatality... way to lose the man points Scorpion...

I would like to see Ermac, quan chi, or Shang Sung use their better magic to beat twilight.

UPDATE PLEASE!!!

so...
when are you going to start the rest of the story?

During the time when i was writting the second chapter, my computer exploded, and by the time i got a new laptop and eventually worked up the courage to come back to this site and work on my new fic, I had forgotten about this one, and just ended up loosing interest in the story. To those who have been eagerly awaiting a new update to this story... I have to apologize deeply, but in all reality this project was doomed a long time ago.

Wow way to just get everyone really excited about a great story then just end it for a stupid reason

Login or register to comment