• Published 22nd Oct 2013
  • 4,344 Views, 111 Comments

Star Wars: Ponies of the Old Republic - BlueSun52



Join Garret, Twilight, Applejack, and the rest of the gang on their galactic adventures as they fight against an evil empire in this ponified version of the 2003 game of the year, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic.

  • ...
7
 111
 4,344

Chapter 17: HK-47

Author's Note:

In case any of you haven't notice, I've changed the planets names to what Grey Dawn had suggested to what they would be. So he will be the one to thank.

I want to thank my editor, That1Brony3 and my proofreader, Higherbeach for their awesome work.

CHAPTER 17 HK-47

On the way towards the Czerka headquarters, Applejack was taking the lead with Garret, Twilight, T3, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Fluttershy following right behind her. Applejack looked very tense and with each step she took, she became more anxious. It was only recently that she told the entire crew about her little sister, Applebloom, and that she was taken hostage from the sand buffaloes. The thought of anything horrible happening to her sister made her blood boil with rage but the fear of losing her again also filled in her mind.

Sensing Applejack's stress, Twilight trotted over next to her. "Are you okay, Applejack?" she asked. "I know you're worried about Applebloom and we will do our best to help you get her back but the stress in you right now isn't going to make the situation any better."

Applejack wiped away the sweat from her forehead. "Ah know, Ah know but Ah haven't seen my sis in years and all that time Ah thought she was dead. We have to hurry up and save her as soon as possible," she pleaded.

"Don't worry Applejack, we will do everything we can to help her," Twilight said. "You have my word as a Solar Knight."

Applejack smiled. "Thank ya, Twilight,"she said. "I don't care what any of the others say, you're okay in my book."

"Thank you, Applejack. I-" Twilight paused for a moment. "Wait, what?"

Applejack snickered. "I'm just pulling your leg, Twi." she joked. "Half of it is true though."

"What!? Who-"

"There it is," Rarity said and pointed over to it.

In front of the group was a large, rectangular building that was made of sandy stone. It had several small cracks around it and was very close to the other buildings. Near the front of it were both ponies and griffon workers that were working on vehicles or moisture vaporators.

Rarity took a few steps forward until Pinkie bounced right in front of her. "Wait!" she shouted.

"What is it, dear?" Rarity asked concernedly.

"How do we know if that's the actual headquarters?" Pinkie raised a brow. "For all we know it could be a trap."

Rarity had a puzzled expression on her, including the others.

"What are ya talking about, Pinkie?" Applejack asked. "This is the right place."

"Oh, yeah? What makes you think that it really is the place?" Pinkie was within Applejack's personal space as she was eyeing down Applejack's eyes.

Applejack gave a deadpan expression. "Because there's a sign that says the name right there!" She pointed to where the sign was, hanging over the doorway.

Pinkie eyed the sign as she squinted at it. "I don't know," she said. "I've never heard of a sign before."

Applejack smacked herself in the face.

"Plus, look at the way the griffons and ponies are working together so well," Pinkie explained. "Not to mention the way they're smiling! I don't like it! I don't like it one bit."

Applejack let out a groan. "If you want to, We can go in ourselves and you can stay out here and wait," she suggested.

Pinkie rubbed her chin for a moment. "That might be for the best. You never know when you might get captured again and need me to spring you guys out," she said, beaming a large smile.

"Right, you can stay out here and come rescue us if anything goes wrong."

"Okie Dokie Lokie!"

"Beep Boop Bee?"

"Yes, T3. You can stay with Pinkie Pie."

"Umm, can I stay with Pinkie too?"

Applejack let out a groan. "Yes, you can stay here too, Fluttershy."

"Thank you."

"Anypony else want to go in?"

"No, I'm good," Rarity replied.

"I'm with you on this, A.J.," Garret replied.

"You can count me in as well," Twilight replied.

"Alright than, let me do the talking. Ah've handled a lot of business folks before and Ah know a thing or two about making a good deal," Applejack said and walked towards the entrance of the Czerka building.


Applejack and the others walked through the front entrance and saw the room they were in. There was a row of seats right next to each other in the middle and a large, circular counter that was at the opposite side of the room with the back having supplies, equipment and weapons that were placed on the shelves or on the walls. Behind the counter was a pony using a cloth to wiping it clean while over not to far from him was a female griffon apparently was having an argument with a large camel.

"For the last time, there is no way to negotiate with those buffaloes," the griffon said.

"I keep telling you, there is!" the camel countered. "The local droid shop owner has a protocol droid that can understand them. We can negotiate a way to get along with them."

"Even if that's true, the droid's owner would no doubt charge us a lot of credits for a supposed droid that can speak buffalo and the buffaloes would rather kill us than talk to us anyway."

"That's because you presume that they'll shoot on site. They're not mindless animals."

"I've heard enough. Please leave now or I'll have security escort you out."

The camel let out a scuff and walked passed the group towards the exit.

The griffon let out a sigh. She then noticed the new group of ponies and their droid. She smiled a little and spoke up to them. "Hello, I am Weather Beak and I welcome you all to the Czerka headquarters. Sorry about that, he comes by every now and again with some crazy ideas."

"It's no problem, miss," Applejack said. "We were hoping that we could have our hooves on a hunter licence to go outside the city."

"Ah, I see. Are you hunters of some kind?"

"Yes, we are," Applejack lied, having her face scrunched up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, what makes you say that?"

"You're making a strange face."

"Well, Ah uh-"

"Will you excuse us real quick?" Twilight intervened and dragged Applejack over to a corner. "What is wrong with you? Why are you making that face?" she whispered.

"Ah can't help it, my face scrunches up every time Ah lie."

"What, Why?"

"Ah don't know, ever since ah was a filly Ah would make this face every time I lie."

"Alright, I think we need somepony else to handle this."

"Twi, trust me. Ah know it's a rough start but I can get around it."

"I don't know Applejack, I-"

"You got yourself a deal!"

Applejack and Twilight looked back at Pinkie who was shaking her hoof with the Griffon with a large smile on her.

"It was nice doing business with you Ms. Pie. We hope that you can end this problem once and for all."

"Don't worry, it'll be a piece of cake for us," Pinkie said.

When the griffon was left to do her other duties, Applejack and Twilight walked over to Pinkie with confused looks on their faces.

"Um Pinkie, what did you two talk about?" Applejack asked.

"Oh right, we just agreed to help get rid of the buffalo problem for these guys," Pinkie replied.

"What!?" Applejack and Twilight both shouted in unison.

"Yeah, also we need the buffalo chief's war staff as proof that we were able to stop them from attacking their trade routes and miners."

"Pinkie, you do know that you just agreed to kill the buffaloes, right?" Twilight asked.

"What?! Why would you say that?" Pinkie shockingly asked. "I didn't agree to that."

"But you-"

"I said that I would get the buffaloes to stop attacking. I never said that I was going to kill them. Sheesh Twilight, I thought you were the most observant of the group."

"Hey, I am!"

"Not in this case."

Twilight gave out a groan.

"So Pinkie, how are we going to stop the buffaloes from attacking?" Applejack asked. "They don't sound like they would be interested in speaking with anypony else besides us."

"Actually, I formed a well formulated plan for that," Pinkie replied.

"Oh boy."

"Remember what that camel said about there being a droid that can translate their language? We can buy the droid and we can use him to translate for us and we can make some kind of peaceful agreement with them. Obviously, we would need to disguise ourselves first before we meet them so they wouldn't, you know, blast or stab us with their weapons. We sneak in, talk with their chief, ask if they can stop, do whatever they want for the peace, ask if they can give back Applebloom, see if we can have the chief's staff and we be one step closer to having to find the star map," Pinkie explained.

The entire group looked at Pinkie with wide eyes and jaws hanging while they were trying to comprehend how she was able to come up with that idea on her own and why they didn't think of it in the first place.

"Um Pinkie, how exactly would doing bring us one step closer to finding the star map?" Twilight asked.

"Oh right, I forgot to mention that if we do bring the staff back, they'll give us a map of all the known caves in this area. I also thought that we can ask the buffaloes if they might know where the star map is since they have been here longer than anypony else."

"That's a good plan, Pinkie," Garret said. "The buffaloes and this deal are our best bet on finding the star map quickly."

"If Garret believe this is a good plan, than I support it as well," Rarity said.

"It does make a lot of sense," Fluttershy meekly said.

"Beep."

"Okay fine, we get it," Applejack said. "But how are we going to disguise ourselves?"

"I kinda thought that Trixie would make the disguise," Pinkie replied.

"I would be more than honored to- WHAT!?" Rarity shouted. "Why would you ask, Trixie?!"

"Isn't she a fantasia?"

"It's fashionista, darling," Rarity corrected. "And NO! I'm the one that does that!"

"Wait, since when?"

"When I was a filly!"

"What about now?"

"I still do! I just fight evil ruffians on the side!"

"Why?"

"Because it's what a Solar Knight does! We're protectors of the Republic!"

"When?"

"For almost a thousand years!"

"How?"

Applejack looked over to the others. "Ah think we should get going and see where that droid is," she said. "These two might take a while."

Everypony nodded in agreement and walked outside the door leaving Rarity to continuously answering all of Pinkie's questions.


The group, including Rarity and Pinkie after they got over their argument, were able to find the camel and he was more than generous to tell them where the droid was and what it looked liked. After some time, they were able to find the shop and went inside of it. The store was large and the walls were covered with shelves of robotic parts and equipment while there were active droids walking around the shop. Others were shut down either they were turned off or were damaged and were in need of repairs.

While the others were looking around the shop, Twilight and Garret walked up to the counter and Twilight ranged a bell a couple of times. Then from behind the counter came an old looking, green stallion that didn't have a mane and had a thick pair of glasses.

"Hello there, may I help you?" the old stallion asked.

"Yes, we were told that you had a droid that was able to speak in buffalo," Twilight replied.

"What makes you think that I have a droid? Does this look like a droid shop to you?"

Twilight furrowed her brow in confusion. "Well, yeah. This is a droid shop."

"Of course it is, why would you tell me that? I'm the owner for crying out loud."

"Huh? But you just said-"

"I said no such thing, whatever it is you're about to say."

"What?! How can you-"

"So what was it you wanted again?"

"Eh, we're looking for a droid that can speak in buffalo," Garret replied.

"Hmmm, I'm afraid I don't have such a thing."

"Oh, I see."

"But if you would like, I have a droid that can speak in a million languages including buffalo," the owner said.

Twilight and Garret looked at each other with half lid eyes with blank expression and looked back at the owner. "Yes, we would like that very much," Twilight replied.

"This way please." The stallion got from behind the counter and led both Twilight and Garret towards a corner of the shop.

In the corner was a droid sitting on its hind legs and was shaped to look like a pony except for the metal-plated skin colored in rusted orange and two slanted square shape optics for eyes. The body was thin looking and had two pony ears on top with an antenna on the left side of the head.

"Now then, let's discuss the price," the owner said. "It'll cost five thousand credits."

"Five thousand credits sounds a little steep for us," Twilight said.

"Okay, then I'll make six thousand."

"What?! You're making it higher!"

"Okay fine, nine thousand."

"WHAT!?"

"Let me handle this guys," Pinkie interjected. "I've handled old kooks like these before."

"Now see here, I maybe be old, in fact I'm fairly sure I am, don't think for a second that I won't put you whippersnappers in your place!"

"I'll pay ten thousand no higher than that!"

"Pinkie, what are you doing!?"

"Oh no you don't, you'll pay eight thousand!"

"What!? I don't-"

"Seven thousand!"

"Five thousand!"

"Huh!?"

Pinkie tapped her chin a couple of times. "Two thousand and that's my final offer."

"You wish, one thousand and that's it. I won't go down any lower than that and that's final."

"Hmmm, you drive a hard bargain but I'll take it," Pinkie said.

"Nice doing business with you." the stallion shook Pinkie's hoof and handed her a remote. "Hohoho, sucker," he said quietly as he was walking away.

"I hate this place so much now," Twilight commented.

"At least we got the droid," Garret said.

"Don't patronize the situation."

"Sorry."

Pinkie pressed on the remote's button making a beep sound. The once lifeless droid's optics started to flicker and started lifting itself off its flank. The droid soon stood over Pinkie a feet taller than her and stared down at her with its bright yellow optics. Pinkie tilted her head and the droid did the same. She tilted the other way and the droid copied her again.

Once Pinkie had her head straight, she had her usual beaming smile on her. "Hi there, what's your name?" she asked.

"Response: I am HK-47, master," the droid replied.

"That's a cool name! Why did call me master?"

"Answer: Well you see, master you are the one that purchased me."

"Actually, I'm the one that payed for you," Twilight corrected as she handed the bag of credits to the stallion behind the counter.

"Apology: Oh I'm sorry, master. I had presume that the pink meatbag here was the one that purchased me since it's clear that she activated me."

"Well, she did do all of the barging for us," Twilight replied. "Even though none of it made any sense," she whispered under her breath. "Anyways, I guess she would count as your master as well."

"Statement: Very well, I will accept her as my master. Are there any other's that you wish to add?"

"No, I believe that the having two masters would be enough," Twilight replied.

"Oh! I got another question," Pinkie said. "Why do you say 'Statement' or some other word before you start to talk?"

"Answer: It is part of my original programming that my master used to better understand my speech patterns."

"Who was your original master?" Twilight asked.

"Answer: I do not know, master. My assassination protocols prevent me from remembering him or her."

"Wait, your assassination protocols?"

"Clarification: I am, of course, an assassin droid programmed to act and be a protocol droid when I am needed to be."

"But basically, you're an assassin droid?"

"Answer: Yes, master."

"Great."

"Well, beggars can't be choosers, Twi," Applejack said. "Besides, Ah rather have a droid that can fight back than to let itself be torn to shreds anytime."

"You have a point, Applejack," Twilight said. She turned back to face HK once more. "Are you ready to come with us, HK?"

"Response: Yes, master. I am ready whenever you are."

"Then let's get moving," Twilight said. "The sooner we stop the buffalo attacks, the sooner we can get back to finding the star map."

"And to rescue my little sis," Applejack added.

"Right, that will be on top of our to do list," Twilight said. "Rarity, do you have an idea on what kind of outfits we can use to trick the buffaloes into thinking we're them?"

"Hmmm, I would be able to replicate their wardrobes if I knew what they wear," Rarity replied.

"Statement: I have information on their wardrobes. If you would like, I will provide them for you."

"Oh, I would really appreciate that, dear."

"Response: Anything for my masters and their meatbag companions."

"Well, thank you very-.....Beg pardon but did you just called me a meatbag?"

"Answer: Yes."

"Why in heavens would you call any of us that?"

"Answer: Oh, I would never call any of my masters that. I would just call every other inferior organic being that since it is what they are."

Rarity raised her muzzle in the air feeling insulted. "Well, I never. It seems this droid lacks manners unlike our dear little one here."

"Beep boo beep bee."

"Why thank you, T3," Rarity replied. "I think?"

"Can we please just get going?" Applejack asked.

"Alright, let's go," Twilight said. She took the lead and everypony else closely followed behind her. "We'll stop by the ship so Rarity can make us those disguises and grab some supplies for the trip. Then we're head straight towards the dune sea."

End of Chapter