• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 3,112 Views, 67 Comments

Twilight's Corruption - vx2254



Twilight Sparkle finds herself plagued by frequent Nightmares. Unable to sleep, and believing an old enemy is responsible for her restless nights, she sets out on her own to confront the Darkness, only to fall victim to it.

  • ...
7
 67
 3,112

The World Holds Its Breath...

An Explosion at the forward Guard Post shook the landscape; a dozen Militia Ponies flying away from the wall, causalities ranging from those torn to shreds by the explosion to those merely stunned; not only by the sudden attack, but by the death of their comrades as well. From the black smoke, they emerged; Twilight Sparkle and her Enforcers, an intimidating sight to those who had not known war in over a Thousand Years.

"For the Princess'!" A soldier shouted, leading the charge against the corrupted Elements.

"Foolish mortals." Twilight said, grinning manically the the horde of ponies rushed forth, a battle-cry rising among their ranks.

Letting out a shockwave of dark magical Energy, Twilight had the defenders right where she wanted them. While the Equestrian Troops merely sampled the full extent of her dark powers, Crystal Ponies writhing the vicinity succumbed to agonizing pain; their bodies writhing around out of their control, darkening in color as they lost all control of their minds and bodies; souls twisted by the great power of the corrupt Princess.

Regaining stability, the Corrupted Crystal Ponies stood; much to the shock and awe of the Equestrian Troops, who did not know what to make of this sudden turn of events.

"Kill them." Twilight ordered, grinning wickedly.

It was a massacre; the Crystal Ponies butchered Equestrian Mare and Stallions mercilessly, driving the Militia back to their next line of defense, shaken by the awesome and terrible powers of the corrupted Alicorn.

"Rarity; you, Pinkie, and Applejack handle these pathetic excuses for soldiers. Rainbow Dash; with me." Twilight ordered, preparing to take flight. She and Rainbow Dash left the others behind with the small, though extremely dangerous force of Corrupted Crystal Ponies; the two mares flying overhead and facing contingents of the Royal Guards and Pegasi Militia; all of which proved inadequate against the Alicorn. Some fell to incineration; others had their wings crystalized and were left to plummet to the ground, while others still were brutally beaten by Rainbow Dash, thrown to their doom when she was done with them.

It wasn't long before Twilight had arrived at her destination; the Crystal Palace; where the Crystal Heart resided. Once she had brought the taint there; the Crystal Empire would fall under her control so easily, however it seemed one last obstacle stood in her way...

"Twilight Sparkle!" An all too familiar voice exclaimed upon landing, Several Alicorns and a Unicorn standing between Twilight and the Heart.

"Ah, joy; everypony's here!" Twilight said with a laugh, stepping closer to Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Shining Armor.

"Come no closer, Twilight Sparkle!" Luna declared, preparing herself for a fight, Celestia holding a hoof out in front of her sister, stepping forward to try and reason with her fallen student.

"Twilight, please; this isn't you. You have to remember; all your lessons, how far you've come in life. If you go any further, you'll throw it all away, and for what? True Power is not about ruling over others; it's about mastering yourself, recognizing your flaws, and working to improve yourself as the pony you are. You understand this, Twilight; I know you do. Please, try to fight whatever darkness has corrupted your heart before it's too late." The Co-Ruler of Equestria pleaded, hoping Twilight would see the wisdom in her words as she had in the past and overcome whatever had done this to her.

Celestia's hopes were dashed against the rocks when the only response she received was amused laughter, the Corrupt Princess looking her former mentor in the eye with malice and hatred. "You know nothing of true power, old fool. You cowards fear the embrace of the greater magics in this world, which is why you did everything in your power to rid such wells from Equestria, isn't that right; dear teacher?" Twilight said, the vile influence that had overtaken her slowly twisting the landscape around her. "You fear the possibilities that could be opened up if only you'd accept the power; your morality blinds you, Celestia. I have tasted true power, and I love it!"

"Enough!" Shining Armor yelled, stepping forward. "Twili; this isn't you! Snap out of it, for Celestia's Sake, Or I... I..."

"You'll what? Hurt your little sister? Can you really muster up the courage to go through with such idle threats?" Twilight mocked.

"You leave him alone!" Cadence stated defensively, stepping forward along with Shining Armor.

"Aw, how cute; the lovely couple standing by each other no matter what happens. Why don't we preserve this touching scene for all eternity?" Twilight said, her horn glowing as crystals sprouted from the ground beneath the hooves of her brother and sister-in-law; holding the two in place.

Celestia and Luna prepared to take action, a blur of rainbow hitting the elder Sister before she could counter-attack Twilight, the attacker rapidly dashing towards Luna, hitting the younger of the two Alicorn Rulers in the side, knocking the breath out of her.

Recovering from the assault, Celestia watched as Luna stumbled back a bit, then recovered; throwing magical barriers up to slow the Progress of Rainbow Dash; allowing Celestia to turn and... Watch helplessly as Twilight rapidly finished her spell; Cadence and Shining Armor struggling to escape, pleading for Twilight to stop; the Pink Alicorn trying to connect to the Crystal Heart and draw power from it, only for her horn to sprout corrupted crystals, preventing her from using magic altogether. Before Celestia could prepare a counter-spell to save them; they had already been encased; imprisoned inside a crystalline shell by Twilight.

Spreading her wings and summoning a Gold-Handled Sword, Celestia flew towards Twilight, who barely dodged the attack, summoning a weapon of her own; an Obsidian Blade radiating dark energy.

"I'll give you one last chance, Twilight; Surrender now." Celestia said, in more of a demanding tone than before, still somewhat hesitant to fight, though her corrupted protégée was forcing her hoof.

"Making demands, Teacher? Come now; we haven't even gotten to the best part yet." Twilight replied, readying her blade.

Rekindling a flame she hadn't called upon in over a Thousand Years; Celestia worked herself into a righteous fury. She charged towards Twilight; her steel meeting Twilight's blade with a loud, echoing clang; sparks flying as the two Princess' engaged in combat to determine the victor in this theatre. With Luna busy with Rainbow Dash, and the Royal Guards dealing with the other Elements and their corrupted armies further away; there would be no interference; just her, Twilight, and their respective causes struggling for supremacy and the fate of an entire nation hanging on the line.

Withdrawing her weapon only to strike once more in rapid succession; Celestia drove Twilight back a few steps; the Tainted Princess shooting a bolt of magic at the archway above; large chunks of crystal falling down towards them. Balancing between her weapon and the largest pieces of rubble; Twilight threw the refuse towards Celestia; the Princess easily blasting the larger chunks into smaller shards; which scattered and harmlessly landed around her. Lifting off into the air; the Ancient Princess diving back down towards Twilight at near-sonic speeds. A small shockwave was sent out around the two Alicorns as impact was made; Twilight's blade barely holding Celestia's back. Throwing their balance off to the right, Twilight Managed to recover faster than Celestia; her blade grazing her ex-Mentor's cheek when she pulled back in a bid to avoid the strike.

A drop of blood traveled down Celestia's cheek; dripping onto the ground, the two Alicorns recovering from their latest stalemate for a brief moment before they charged for each other once more; swords clashing in rapid succession before they entered another deadlock. Resorting to underhanded trickery; Twilight caused a Dark Crystal formation to spring forth from the ground between them; knocking Celestia off-balance and to the ground.

"Sister!" Luna exclaimed, turning her attention away from Rainbow Dash for one second; which she soon regretted as the Corrupted Element of Loyalty dove right into her, stunning her with a furious barrage of Hoof-Strikes that she barely had time to recover from.

Not wanting to draw this out any longer; Twilight approached the Crystal Heart; her whole goal in this conflict. Celestia, meanwhile, picked her blade back up, passing Luna as she Telekinetically shoved Rainbow Dash away; ignoring them for now in the hopes of catching her student before it was too late. Her expression turned from one of anger to a more fearful expression, watching as Twilight's horn made contact with the Crystal Heart.

"No..." She said to herself; a bright flash of light blinding her temporarily as the Crystal Heart reacted to the highly-corrupted power of Princess Twilight Sparkle.

The Crystal Ponies were among the first to feel this; the same corruption that had overtaken many of their comrades at the first wall burning through them like a raging storm of evil. Crystal Ponies everywhere fell victim; twisted, dark shells of hatred and obedience; not slaves as they had been under Sombra, but an army; an Army fit for an Empress. The Landscape of the Crystal Empire changed dramatically; the Crystalline landscape reflected the dark corruption that had touched the very heart and soul of this magical land, as with its inhabitants. Twilight now commanded full control over the Environment and Citizens of the Crystal Empire; what few Equestrian Soldiers remained within either killed or captured to meet fates worse than death, likely. The tainted source of Magical Energy provided Twilight with even more power; which she gladly drew upon for her final fight.

With one fell swoop; she turned and Disarmed Celestia, who had otherwise been recovering from the flash of light before. Forsaking her blade for her armored hooves; Twilight Proceeded to tackle Celestia, her superior source of magical energy to draw upon allowing her to weaken the other Princess', at least within the boundaries of her new domain.

Holding Celestia in place with magical restraints, she turned to see Rainbow Dash finally subduing Princess Luna, dragging the beaten and bloodied Princess of the Night to her Mistress, who would then determine their fates.

"As I said, 'Teacher';" Twilight said, planning on enjoying her victory. "You know nothing of true power." She said, casting a spell.

Princess Luna felt an all-too familiar feeling overtake her; the Alicorn lifted into the air, given a moment and only a moment to look down at her sister before being shot towards the Celestial body she commanded at faster-than-light speed; exiled to the moon once more.

Tears streamed down Celestia's face, unpleasant memories resurfacing as Twilight did the unthinkable. Now it was her turn, the defeated ruler facing Twilight one last time.

"As for you; I know just where to send you; Princess of the Sun."

Celestia's eyes went wide, knowing very well where Twilight was planning on sending her. "Pl-please don't..." She said, her appeal made in a begging tone this time.

Without another word; Twilight cast the spell. The sensation enveloped the Princess; lifting her into the air briefly before shooting her off to her own respective Celestial Body. As she soared through the cosmos faster than she could recover her powers; all she could do now was prepare herself as well as she could for the terrible pain she was about to endure for... For however long she could keep her wits about her.



Back in the Crystal Empire, Twilight took deep, rapid breath; the two spells cast so soon after one-another taxing, even for one of her capabilities. Still; Rarity and the others approached with a number of Equestrian Slaves, and legions of their new Crystal Soldiers. Standing up straight with her Enforcers by her side; Twilight looked towards the multitudes of formerly free ponies; now mere puppets to the will of their dark Empress.

"Prepare yourselves!" She ordered, facing South. "Arm yourselves; tomorrow, we march on Equestria."