• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 4,346 Views, 143 Comments

Fighting Games - Pics2Fics



Somepony's gotta look out for Button Mash. Babs, the new transfer student may be the one to do it.

  • ...
7
 143
 4,346

Victory

“YES!”

The victory theme rings out through the living room as Babs pumps her hoof in the air.

She had been released from the hospital earlier today and still had a thirst for some high violence action. Unfortunately, she was still covered in fresh cuts and bruises, so she settles on the next best thing: videogames with her special somepony, Button.

And somehow, she had claimed a win over the colt who grew up with these games. Over the weeks with Button's constant guidance, practice on bored days after school, and the steep learning curve into some high-level strategies, the student had become the master.

Now, Button could make excuses. It wasn't his best character, he wasn't a fighting game guy (although that changed fairly recently), or he had volunteered to play with the slightly faulty controller he'd need to replace soon. However, one thing he could never say is that he went easy on her. He would never do that to her, for he knew simply letting her win without effort would be a greater insult than a hundred losses. So he tried his best every match. And today, Babs won out.

He didn't feel angry, upset, or cheated. He feels proud. Proud of Babs for her victory like every boxing match he's seen her fight.

Babs isn't one to gloat. That little hoof pump was more than she usually does after winning a fight, but something about this is just so exciting. She beat Button! The excitement of the match is still going within her and she finally overcame the one opponent she never had before.

The one now giggling beside her.

“Babs Seed, everypony!” Button says, imitating a boxing announcer while putting a hoof around her shoulder. “She'll knock your flank out in the real world AND the virtual world! Is there anything this mare can't do?” He takes her hoof and raises it up like a referee declaring the winner, slowly because he doesn't know if she's still sore from her hospital visit. “The champion!”

She basks in the moment, every second feeling as satisfying as that championship she blacked out in. Her grin stretches as wide as it can. Button cheering for her is better than a crowd of any number of ponies. Even when he lost, he's excited for her.

They shared many memories on this couch, leading up to this one crowning moment of triumph. Babs feels her heart beat harder as she looks at the face that has guided her through it all.

An idea strikes her. “Do I get a prize?” she asks.

His smile vanishes for a moment in confusion. Taking his hoof back, he shrugs and his smile returns as he replies with a chuckle, “Well, the champion should get something. What did you have in mind?”

The smile on his face slowly falls again as he sees Babs' half-lidded eyes stare at him. She reaches around with one hoof to his shoulder and another on his arm. Slowly, she leans forward and pulls him in, connecting their lips together.

They don't kiss too often, nor do they talk about it either. Babs is supposedly a super tough mare and Button is a colt with more interest in gaming. It's not a subject that one would associate with either of them, but they'd be lying if they said fireworks didn't go off in their heads when it happens.

The surprise of Babs' advance subsides as Button relaxes, leaning into the kiss and enjoying the soft lips pressed against his. They feel as if they have a bit of force to them, some muscle underneath that's as dangerous to cross as the rest of this mare, but it's a kind of sensation that Button can't get enough of.

Babs' gets a different enjoyment, feeling Button's lips and motions bend to her. His warmth embraces her. A tenderness that accepts her; every single part of her in a solace she could never find in any other stallion.

After a while, she pulls away. They both take in a deep breath as they open their eyes again. The screen on the television has long since changed and has gone back to the character select screen, waiting for the players to make their selection to a five second loop of music.

Babs sets her controller down on the floor. “Did I ever get the chance to thank you?” she asks.

“Thank me? For what?” Button asks.

“For being there. For helping me, each and every step of the way.” She reaches and takes Button's controller from him. Her grabbing accidentally presses a selection for player two on a random character their not paying attention to. “All those fights you watched. And all those fights you trained with me.”

“But... you did the fighting, Babs,” Button says. “I was just-”

“You were the reason I won,” she interrupts, bringing both her hooves onto his shoulders. “I could never have done anythin' without you.”

“B-But,” Button tries to say as he feels himself getting pushed back.

“So thank you, Button.”

“...anytime, Babs.”

She lays down on top of him, her weight making him press down further into the couch cushions. Normally, the couch would be uncomfortable to stay still in, but right now, there's no place Button would rather be.

Sliding her hooves around again, she holds one at the back of Button's head and the pressing down on his mane, making sure he's not going anywhere. He wraps his hooves around her back, pulling her as close as he can without making her uncomfortable.

Slowly, she closes her eyes, and pushes her lips back into his.

Author's Note:

Source: http://stedilnik.tumblr.com/post/63758858089

Well, it's been fun, but that's all the artist has drawn. Maybe more to come if they decide to draw more with this pair. Either way, thank you all for reading and thanks to Stedilnik for his wonderful work!

Comments ( 29 )

Ladies and gentlemen that is what we call SWHING the player has won the match.:pinkiehappy::yay::ajsmug:

the more i read this the more it hooks me in :twilightsmile: :raritywink: ........as long as it's not Babs left or right hook that is

Favorite pairing!

Also sequel... Sequel would be awesome!

I wish there was more. If you ever do a sequel, could you PM me? The story is great.:twilightsmile:

This has been quite the adventure. I hope the person who draws makes more so the story can go on.

NONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:
Its to soon. It can't be the end, it just can't be.:fluttercry:... Still this was a great story. Keep up the good work.:raritywink:

where do Babs and Button go from here? noone knows, i hope we may get more BabsXButton in the future, but that is for the author(if they wish to write without those pictures, but i doubt it) or that artist to decide, good luck in future endeavours Pics2Fics

*LakieLegion walks past the rear of a lamp, doffing a top hat, but disappears, looking around you can't see where he went, its just a normal standing lamp, you shrug and wonder if he is somehow related to Pinkie*

3476704 Sorry my mistake :derpyderp2:

Continue?

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5...

3535349
I've seen the art and I want to write it.

However, fimfiction's rules being what they are, I'll need to see if I can come up with an alternative.

3535657
But I want to link the art. As the rules stands, I can't even have a link leading to the pictures themselves.

Hey, the artist has made another picture the 23/11 :pinkiehappy:
http://stedilnik.tumblr.com/post/67805689844
Check it out, I hope you can make a chapter with this one :pinkiehappy:

3542334
Hmm... I'd need another one to go with it because it seems her stitches have healed in that time. Plus, I have another NSFW chapter I want to do before that.

This is such a sweet story. The only thing I would add as a comment is that sometimes your tense seems to slip a bit. Keep an eye out for that.
Otherwise, keep em comin'!

you know I'm really more of a button bell kind of guy I only read this story because my friend pointed it out and now I really enjoyed it it was a amazing story:twilightsmile:

i know what u can do u can pics of them having sex but without the body parts and all that shit :applejackunsure:

YES. FINALLY. MORE BUTTONSEED. PRAISE LUNA. :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss:

Very nicely done, author and artist.

Yes. YES. YES!!

i hope there will be a sequel for this story like wher they go from here where their relationship how far will they take it i would like 2 see it

I really enjoyed your portrayal of the characters, What many authors struggle to put in 25k words, you manage in less than half. I guess pictures are worth 1000 words. :yay:
First Button/Babs I read, I dig it. I hope to see more, either of this pairing or whoever else motivates.

why not make your own continuation of the story? i'd love to see more, especially because this is probably a shipping that hasnt been done before

Well now that was something, this is defiantly going in my faves.! :pinkiehappy:

I really love this story. It really has a shape to it, it describes everything. What really gets to me is on how supporting each other are, especially the ending on how buttons help a her in the end. I would give this 4 out of 4 hooves.

This is neat style of writing in sort of brief episodes; good job!

Really cool story.Are you going to write more of Button Mash and Babs Seed???

I'm glad to have read this story! It's sooooooooooooooooooooo good.

Loved it. I find myself to be very similar to button except no girlfriend and no bullies.

Love this story! It's so heartwarming! :heart:

Login or register to comment