• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 4,349 Views, 143 Comments

Fighting Games - Pics2Fics



Somepony's gotta look out for Button Mash. Babs, the new transfer student may be the one to do it.

  • ...
7
 143
 4,349

Less Casual Play

“You’re getting pretty good, Babs!” Button says as the victory music plays. Even though he won the match, he still can’t help but feel a little bad whenever he beats Babs. After all, he has years of gaming experience under his belt and it’s only been a hoofful of months since Babs even picked up a video game.

Babs lets out a little pfft as a reply. When the menu screens pops back up, she picks the same character she used last time. Button moves the cursor around the menu a bit, trying to decide who to play next. He decides to go with his weakest character to give Babs a better chance.

He adjusts himself a bit in his usual couch seat next to Babs. Sometimes the seat gets a little uncomfortable if you sit still for too long. Something that he thinks was done on purpose because of his long gaming sessions.

“You want to choose the arena this time?” Button asks.

“Sure,” Babs replies, taking control of the cursor to look through the potential options of where their imaginary fight would take place. They had all the cliches there: empty field, back alley, generic fighting ring. They’ve played these all, but Babs wanted something a bit different. Something a bit cooler.

And she may have found what she was looking for. A terrifying scene of lava and demons flashes up on the screen with the word TARTARUS in bold to introduce the level. Babs begins a little wicked giggle as Button notices that this is actually the highest ranked difficulty course in terms of stage hazards.

“Are you sure about this one?” Button asks. “I don’t think-”

“YES,” Babs yells out, pressing the select button. A low bass hums through the speakers as the camera swirling between flaming chains dangling from the jagged ceiling. Button worries that as easy as he could go on her, the stage itself may not be as forgiving. As the characters get introduced while surrounded by spraying magma, Babs starts to feel the couch’s uncomfortable result of sitting too long herself.

Instead of just adjusting herself as Button had, she turns herself and lays down. However, instead of putting her hindlegs over Button’s lap like she usually does, she instead turns the other way, draping her hindlegs over the edge of the couch while resting her head against Button’s thigh.

Button tenses as blush lights up his face. Babs gives a little chuckle.

“Don’t mind me gettin’ comfy, do you?” she asks, just like the first day she’s played games at Button’s house.

“N-N-No…” Button squeaks out just as the fight begins.