• Published 18th Oct 2013
  • 4,349 Views, 143 Comments

Fighting Games - Pics2Fics



Somepony's gotta look out for Button Mash. Babs, the new transfer student may be the one to do it.

  • ...
7
 143
 4,349

Casual Play

“So, um… this is my living room…” Button says, showing Babs the inside of his house. While normally the mess of tangled wires in front of the television wouldn’t be an issue when he had his normal friends over, he somehow feels a bit embarassed about it while having new company. “Mind the, uh, controllers,” he mumbles.

Babs lets out a sharp whistle. “Wow, Ya’ sure got a lotta these things,” she comments.

“Thanks…?” Button says, not quite sure how to take the statement. “Got all kinds of games, too. Adventure games, strategy games, sports games, fighting games-”

“Fighting games?” Babs asks, her ears perking up a little. It was no secret that Babs was definitely a brawler, what with the boxing gloves as her cutie mark. “What are they like?” she asks.

“Oh, they can be some of the most exciting games to play or watch!” Button says, enthusiasm building in his voice as he talks about his passion. “The high energy and fierce concentration as the opponents trade blows, choosing between light jabs and heavy attacks where one misstep could cause them to take some serious damage!”

A smirk appears on Babs’ lips as he goes on.

“Those expert level matches keep me on the edge of my seat the entire round!” Button exclaims.

Babs chuckles. “So you an expert fightin’ game player, then?”

Button is brought down from his excitement as he bashfully rubs the back of his head with a hoof. “No, not really… It takes an awful lot of training to get as good as a those players that compete professionally.” He rocks back and forth on his hind hooves. “And to be honest, while fighting games are fun, I mostly prefer more of the strategy genre,” he concludes.

“Yeah, you seem like more of a thinker anyway,” Babs says, turning to look at Button’s game collection on the shelf.

Button, while unsure whether or not it was another compliment, feels his cheeks warm at her words.

“So you mind showin’ me one a these fightin’ games anyway?” Babs asks.

“Oh, uh… sure,” Button says, walking over to his collection. “Let’s start with something classic: Street Fighter II.” He pulls the cartridge from the others and gives a quick little puff of air into it. Walking over, he puts the cartridge into the old system and turns it on. After a moment of untangling wires, he’s able to free the two controllers from his SNEIGHS and gives one to Babs.

“I’ll teach you the basics and we’ll see how you like it, okay?” Button asks, sitting down on the couch.

“Sounds good to me,” Babs says, sitting beside him against a pillow. As the title screen appears on the television, she turns in her seat, back to the pillow beside her. Kicking up her hooves, she lays her hindlegs across Button’s lap. “Don’t mind me gettin’ comfy, do you?” she asks.

“U-Uh, no…” Button says, the warmth returning to his cheeks. “N-Not at all…”