• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 568 Views, 16 Comments

I Felt, Therefore I Was - Cynical



Work has begun on a new project for Twilight Sparkle and it will change her life forever.

  • ...
3
 16
 568

7. On The Brink

The Journal of Twilight Sparkle – 21st November 1007

It is probably safe to say that my previous estimate of a ‘few days’ was out by a margin. Despite that, I have completed the theoretical spell which should, in theory, be able to recreate any emotion in a pony dependent on the casters intent. The current spell is only intended for the subject to be the same pony as the caster. The alternative of caster to castee still requires some additional research before it is complete and ready to be tested with the current spell.

I believe that is when I shall finally allow my assistant to take part once more; that is, when I’ve worked out all the problems in the current spell which can only be cast on the pony performing the spell. Once this spell is free from any danger and has been successfully transplanted into the corresponding spell to alter the emotions of others; that is when I shall feel safe in testing it upon my assistant.

Until that day, I shall test the theoretical spell on myself and record the effects in this journal along with any other issues or observations that I have found during my experimentation. Speaking of my assistant, they are getting more and more suspicious, even if they don’t say it. They don’t believe me anymore; I doubt I would if someone said they’d been performing background reading on a subject for nearly a month.

There isn’t long to go now, though. I just have to keep remembering that fact as I keep telling them the white lie that is more important than ever before now.

For her sake,
Twilight Sparkle.