• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 568 Views, 16 Comments

I Felt, Therefore I Was - Cynical



Work has begun on a new project for Twilight Sparkle and it will change her life forever.

  • ...
3
 16
 568

4. Making Sacrifices

The Journal of Twilight Sparkle – 27th October 1007

I have had to resort to the final alternative. I must admit that the blind devotion to my abilities and skills would be somewhat flattering were it not for the fact that this blind devotion is proving them ignorant to the issues that I raised. I will not delve into such issues that I tempted them with, but the crux of the matter was that they remained unmoved. This occurred five days ago and since then, I have provided myself as a willing subject.

At the current stage, the volunteering is not so dangerous to myself as a caster, yet in the latter stages of this experiment, I fully expect that I will come to regret my decision; but not as much as the shame I would feel if I allowed my assistant to come to undue harm. This is a small price to pay, I feel. I have shared my new resolve with no-one but this book and my own mind as I believe they would object to the matter.

This may or may not be justified, but I have taken all the necessary procedures for the worst-case scenario. In the interests of whoever may find this book and read through its contents, I have re-drafted my will for the case of a Permanent Vegetative State or death. A copy of this re-draft can be acquired from my solicitor: Mr Tolling Bell (Black and Bell Solicitors and Advisors).

I hope that this does not become the case, yet it has always been my belief that it is better to be prudent in these matters. It has also been my wish that these changes are kept confidential until the time that they become relevant due to the undue stress and worry that this would cause all those who value me.

There is a silver lining in this morbid tone though; due to the increased responses that I have been able to provide as my own test subject, the speed at which the project is progressing has increased at an incredible rate. It is my expectation that I will be able to draft out a basic placeholder for a spell within days. This will of course mark a great achievement for myself as I progress onto the second stage of theorising and creating the spell that I shall be testing in the final stage of the project.

I will have to think up some excuses as to remove my assistant from my vicinity though… I doubt they would offer much help if they knew just how I was planning to test this piece of magic. No… better for them if I kept them in the relative dark about the project from here on in.

For my personal wellbeing,
Twilight Sparkle.