• Published 24th Oct 2013
  • 569 Views, 16 Comments

I Felt, Therefore I Was - Cynical



Work has begun on a new project for Twilight Sparkle and it will change her life forever.

  • ...
3
 16
 569

12. Reparations

The Journal of Twilight Sparkle – 5th December 1007

This iteration of the spell seems to have had a longer effect on my mind. After forty-eight hours, the spell has still not worn off, a quirk which I am thankful for due to my complete ignorance as to what the spell triggered in its backfire. Recreating the exact same state that I am in may well take another three months to complete; to document everything completely, maybe six months.

She hasn’t shown herself yet… the only reminder of my failures and her whereabouts remains the note on the fridge. I need to find her… I need to talk to her… I need to make her see; preferably whilst I am still in this state of hyperawareness…

Time is of the essence now, I must act quickly if I am to get my assistant back; the sooner I leave it, the harder it will become for me. The spell can influence feelings; it’s the reason I embarked on this project so long ago, and it’s the reason that I must now proceed onto stage five: performing to discover its use in the world we live in. If I am able to reverse this… change that I have wrought in my assistant by my lies – if I am able to erase my wrongdoings – we can go back to how we were before.

I can go back to working on the spell… I can trust her in my own time and make her see that what I did, I did for the best… for her safety. Then… then we can be together again.

For her safety,
Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

I'm back somewhat...

For anyone who is just joining us here...

I think I've made my intentions as per tags clear...