• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,855 Views, 35 Comments

Blitzing Brows - hawthornbunny



Elusive and Applejack are fed up of Blitz's eyebrows. They decide to do something about it.

  • ...
8
 35
 1,855

Epilogue

Rarity sipped from a teacup as she perused the latest issue of Coronet Fashions Monthly, in particular the article on Fillydelphia Chic, the latest sensation sweeping Equestria. It wasn't big in Ponyville yet, but Rarity knew the orders would start coming in, and she needed to be prepared.

Ding-dong!

Her ears perked as the doorbell sounded. She put the magazine aside and sipped a little more tea to clear her throat before getting up to answer the door. It was evening and well past closing time, so she wasn't expecting a customer.

Nor was she expecting the archway of levitating flowers that framed the white stallion standing before her, composed with a precision and colour coordination that took her breath away. His eyes shone like pure crystal as he gazed into her soul, with a smile that could disarm a changeling army.

He opened his mouth, but Rarity raised a hoof to stop him. "One moment," she said, her horn shimmering with magic. Behind her, a velvet-and-wood couch gently floated into view, taking up position to her rear.

"Okay, go," she said.

"My darling Rarity," Elusive began. "I have crossed time and space, braved terrors the like of which I dare not recapitulate, that we may once again -"

"Ohhhhhh!" Rarity gasped, raising a hoof to her forehead, twirling around giddily before fainting onto the couch with a soft thump.

"It's so good to see you again," Elusive croaked happily, wiping a tear from his eye.





Dusk pulled at a frazzled strand of her long mane, pages flicking by as she scanned the book backward. "Spines, this is no good! I need the fourth edition of Modern Equine Transmutation! This is the third!"

Spines sighed. "Dusk, why not just go over there and ask Twilight Sparkle to cast the reverse spell? She must know it, surely, if she's female you?"

"I can't! She'll tell me off for being stupid while secretly finding it hilarious!" said Dusk, grimacing, dropping the book onto a pile of others.

"No she won't!"

"She will! Trust me, I know!" she groaned. "And besides, I don't have a way of getting to their universe now. Elusive took the caremnion with him."

"The... what?" Spines asked.

"The candy. It's caremnion. A magical crystal which Berry has somehow managed to produce in a relatively stable form," said Dusk. "It's really quite impressive, actually, although I imagine it must be exceedingly unpleasant to ingest. Anyway, it's too late to ask Berry for some more now."

"Then it's lucky I'm around," said Spines, reaching behind herself and producing a round pellet of the greenish candy. "I saved you a piece."

Dusk stared at it, her stomach churning a little. "No. I can do this. Even if it takes me all night, I'll -"

Knock knock knock knock

Dusk groaned. "Oh, why won't anypony leave me alone? I don't want to answer the door!" She looked down at the dragon, who was folding her arms and tapping her foot. "Fine, I'll see Twilight. Happy?"

She meandered sadly to the door, opening it with her magic.

In the doorway was Rainbow Blitz, with an expression that Dusk had only seen on his face once before, and that was when he'd been struck by lightning. The pegasus's eyes were shrunken and vacant, his body rigid, as if he'd been stunned.

"...Rainbow?" Dusk said in concern.

"Hi, Dusk. Twilight. Whoever," said Blitz, his voice sounding oddly flat.

"What's the matter?" Dusk asked. "Are you okay?"

"Book," said Blitz.

"Book?" Dusk tilted her head, noticing that Blitz's forehooves were clutched tight around something.

"Book," repeated Blitz, revealing the object in his hooves, which was indeed a book.

"Hoard Hunter and the Sapphire... oh," said Dusk, realisation beginning to dawn on her. "Did you read it?"

"Book," said Blitz again. "Fifteen in the series. More please."

Dusk blinked. "They're in the fiction section, third bookcase, bottom shelf -"

"Thanks," said Blitz, walking past her. "I'll put this back. Hey Spines."

Dusk turned, looking baffled. "So... you liked it?" she asked, as Blitz flopped to the floor and began pulling books off the bottom shelf.

"Sssh," said Blitz. "Library. No talking."

Dusk rubbed his head. It had been a strange day. "I think I'll get an early night."

Comments ( 17 )

And Dash has converted her male self to the joys of reading. Bravo!

Wait, should Rarity and Elusive get together, what would their kids be like?

3375223

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed. ^_^

Wait, should Rarity and Elusive get together, what would their kids be like?

Inbred? :)

3375243

I always considered that to be a possibility.


Anyway, great story!!!

3375260

Thanks!

Rainbow Blitz's eyebrows have always bugged me because they just look so... wrong. ^^ They're completely unnecessary for his character design and just look stupid. So I decided to fix that with a fic, and, well, it turned into this. :)

I wish I could click "like" multiple times for more likes. Oh well, the one like from me was well-deserved, though.
:D

Beautifully done. Practically sequel-level, with that same lightheartedness of Cross and Arrow. :pinkiehappy: I enjoyed this very much.

And yes, they were silly-looking eyebrows. :rainbowwild:

3378199

Thank you very much, I consider that high praise indeed!

3375833

Thanks! One like is fine by me ^_^

3373718

Exactly the reaction I wanted. ^^

Oj jeez this is so hilairious XD i love it great work :rainbowlaugh:

3905858

Thanks very much! It could be better, but I loved writing it. :)

ahahahahhahah XDDDDDDDDDD
So funny...
this story is adorable it is now mah fav... XD
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3985750 I'm very glad to hear that, thank you! I love writing disgruntled Applejack in any gender. ^^

this could totally be an actual episode of MLP :P

4259254 - I wouldn't want to inflict that on people!

4259299 i would, especially if you use the word inflict, which implies that its bad because i'm a horrible person :D

Login or register to comment