• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,860 Views, 35 Comments

Blitzing Brows - hawthornbunny



Elusive and Applejack are fed up of Blitz's eyebrows. They decide to do something about it.

  • ...
8
 35
 1,860

Chapter 4

"This is bad," said Applejack, not taking his eyes off the pair of mares.

"This is... even more impossible!" said Elusive, goggling at them.

"Did you hear that, Berry?" said Blitz. "Applejack thinks you're ugly."

"Ah do not!" said Applejack indignantly. "Ah said this was bad, because stallions shouldn't be turnin' into mares!"

Berry waved a hoof in front of her face. "Oooh, it's so... pink!" she giggled, her earlier worry apparently having vanished.

Blitz rolled her eyes. "Berry, you were already pink. You're like the pinkest stallion ever."

"It's a great colour! Don't you think it's a great colour Elusive?" Berry grinned, posing in front of one of Elusive's privacy screens.

"Colour... what?" Elusive said, his eye twitching in confusion. "Berry, you're a mare! Why are you a mare too?"

Berry shrugged. "I don't know! Does this mean I have to go back to the bar and get drunk too?"

"No, no, no, we need to fix this!" said Applejack in a panic. "You can't both be mares! What in th' heck is going on?"

"D'you reckon we're like zombies?" Berry asked Blitz. "Except, instead of turning other ponies into zombies we turn them into mares? Because I like that! I mean, zombies are great at organising large social events, but I just can't get behind the whole eating ponyflesh thing. It's so unfriendly!"

"Hey, maybe you're right," said Blitz. "About the turning ponies into mares thing, I mean. Ooohooh, are you thinking what I'm thinking?" she smirked, glancing at the stallions.

"Yes! You're thinking that soon Applejack and Elusive are going to need hooficures!" Berry giggled.

"Hooficures are for stallions too!" Elusive protested, showing off his flawless forehooves. "I for one am unconcerned about the prospect of imminent femininity. I have met my female self and can attest to her beauty."

"Well Ah'm concerned!" Applejack said, panicked. "Ah've met mah female self an' she was... female! Is this some kinda pony plague? Ah don't wanna be a mare!"

"Join ussssss," Blitz hissed in a mock zombie voice, walking in a halting, haphazard manner toward Applejack.

"Cut it out, Blitz," said Applejack, as Blitz stumbled toward him, pulling a grotesque face and moaning. "This is serious!" He caught Blitz's shoulder with a hoof as the mare fell toward him, her eyes bulging and bloodshot. A shiver of panic gripped him as he realised something really was wrong with her. Her mouth was contorted in discomfort, saliva dripping from the corners as she let out a pained groan. "Blitz? Blitz! What's wrong? Are you -"

Elusive stared in horror as the pegasus threw up all over his floor.





"Ah don't know what you're complainin' about," Applejack grumbled, as they waited in Dusk's library. "He didn't throw up on you."

"We are not talking about this any more," said Elusive icily. "Spines! How long is he going to be?"

The little dragoness looked at Elusive, a silver tray holding a jug of water balanced on her head. "Dusk'll be back in five minutes," she said. "He's just collecting some sunblooms from Clover Hill."

Blitz took the jug from Spines and poured herself a glass of water. "Ugh, thanks," she said, sipping on it, soothing her throat and stomach with the cool liquid. "Looking cute there, Spines."

Spines blushed. "Really? It's weird to hear you say that."

"Hey, just because I know awesome doesn't mean I don't know cute," said Blitz. Her eyebrows furrowed curiously as she tried to figure out if that made sense. "How's things?"

"Things are fine..." Spines said. "Are you... are you really a mare?"

"Hang on, let me check," she said, swinging her head down to look underneath herself. "Hey, Berry!" she yelled, catching sight of the pink pony as she peered between her legs. "Am I still a mare?"

"As mare-ificent as me!" Berry affirmed.

Blitz lifted her head back up, her eyes suddenly unfocusing as the bloodrush made her feel even more dizzy. She stumbled to the side, spilling some of her water. "Oooh. I don't like this library. I like the one that doesn't spin." She crouched and laid on the floor, closer to Spines' eye level. "Truth is, I already know I'm a mare," she whispered, beckoning the dragoness closer. "Wanna know how? Because AJ keeps staring at my butt. See that?" she giggled, as Spines took a glance at the earth pony, who quickly looked away. "He's got the hots for me."

"That ain't true!" Applejack blurted nervously.

"But Applejack, didn't you totally have the hots for Blitz's female self when you met her?" said Berry.

"No! Well, maybe, but that was different!" said Applejack. "Ah liked her personality."

"But isn't personality the one thing that we all share with our alternate universe counterparts, regardless of physical differences?" said Berry. "Which means that you should totally have the hots for Blitz whether he's male or female!"

"Berry, stop confusin' the issue!" Applejack demanded. "Ah do not have the hots for Blitz an' Ah don't care what kinda sex organs he has!"

There was a silence of several seconds, during which everypony realised that Dusk was standing in the doorway with a saddlebag, looking very confused.

"I was going to ask if I'd come at a bad time, but this is my house," he said, frowning. "What are you all doing here?"






"Dusk! Oh, thank Solaris!" said Elusive, leaping up off his chair. "We have a problem."

"I kinda guessed that when I saw you all here," said Dusk. His eyes narrowed curiously as he noticed the two mares. "Is that Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash?"

"No," Applejack groaned. "Ah know what it looks like, but this is Berry an' Blitz. We've had kind of a magical mishap."

"What happened?" Dusk asked, putting aside his saddlebag.

"Ask Elusive."

"Dusk, I honestly don't know!" Elusive whined. "Yesterday I cast a spell on Blitz to improve his looks, and today, this happened! Tell them it couldn't have been me!"

"It couldn't have been you," Dusk said. "Not unless you've been training pretty hard to pull that off. Gender-switching spells are intermediate-level transformation magic, and I'm pretty sure you've never taken any classes. It took me a year of study just to learn male-to-female transformation."

"The only transformation spells I know are for inanimate objects and materials," said Elusive. "I wouldn't even know where to begin with transforming a living creature!"

"Then you don't have anything to worry about," said Dusk reassuringly. He trotted over to where Blitz was still laid on the floor. "Blitz? Can you tell us what happened?"

"I already did," said Blitz, still sipping on her water. "AJ and Elusive ambushed me and tied me up and Elusive cast a spell on me and then I got away and flew home and read some books and went to bed and woke up and then I was a mare."

"Huh. They tied you up?" Dusk asked, looking at the pair suspiciously. "Why would you do that?"

"Look, we just wanted to fix his eyebrows, okay?" said Applejack. "Elusive reckoned they'd destroy the fabric of spacetime or somethin' like that."

"That is not what I said," Elusive countered. "I was merely concerned that Blitz wasn't reaching the full potential of his beauty. Is that so wrong?"

"So you cast a spell on his eyebrows?" said Dusk, looking at the mare. "What kind of spell?"

"It was a simple manestyling spell, adapted for use on facial hair. I use the same kind of spell on my own mane," Elusive added. "And I also added a little magic to give them a rainbow glow."

Dusk hmmed. "A simple cosmetic spell shouldn't have this kind of effect."

"Well, duh," said Elusive. "That's what I've been saying! That's why none of this makes any sense!"

"And that's all you did?"

"That's all," Elusive confirmed.

Dusk bent down to examine Blitz's forehead more closely. "Blitz, did anything else happen after that? Did you get any strange feelings?"

"Not really," said Blitz, shrugging.

"Did you have any lapses in memory?"

"Not that I can remember."

Dusk hmmed again, rubbing his cheek curiously. "You mentioned that you read some books before going to bed. What were they?"

Blitz looked up at him, frowning. "Why d'you wanna know that?"

"Just humour me," said Dusk. "What were you reading?"

"I was reading Daring Do and the Shrine of Thunder," said Blitz, sounding a little nervous.

"Oh, I see," said Dusk. "Okay. Just checking."

"Er, Dusk..." Applejack said uncertainly, "Ah don't see what an adventure book has to do with anythin'."

"I'm just trying to get as much information as I can," he said. "I think I know what's wrong."

"You do? Oh, thank the stars," said Elusive. "What is it?"

"End of the world," said Dusk.