• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,863 Views, 35 Comments

Blitzing Brows - hawthornbunny



Elusive and Applejack are fed up of Blitz's eyebrows. They decide to do something about it.

  • ...
8
 35
 1,863

Chapter 2

Blitz streaked angrily through the sky over Ponyville. Thanks to those two his good mood had been totally wrecked. All he could think about was getting back at them both.

"I mean seriously. That's borderline assault. In fact that is assault! I could have them thrown in jail! We'll see how far honesty gets Applejack in court," Blitz said to himself. "Funny how he needed Elusive's help to take me down, too. If it'd been just AJ on his own... BAM!" Blitz exclaimed, punching his hooves together as he spun lazily over a cumulus.

After a minute of dreaming up increasingly satisfying revenges on the pair, most of which involved the use of Cloudsdale's ancient siege weaponry, he began to notice something strange creeping into the top of his vision. A blue-green glow seemed to be following him no matter which way he turned. Holding his hooves in front of his face, he could see that the glow was coming directly from his eyebrows.

"What the heck?" he blinked, pulling his wings back to slow himself down. As he did so, the glow faded to a deeper blue, and disappeared completely.

"Seriously, what the heck is that?" he repeated, returning to his previous speed, and finding that the glow not only returned, but shifted colour as well, becoming a greenish yellow, then orange as he accelerated faster and faster.

"Oh... my... gosh. That is so cool!" Blitz said happily. "Oh, I've gotta see this." He rolled and swerved downward, streaking down through the sky until he was gliding low over Lilypaddle Lake. His wings levelled out and kept him suspended a couple of inches above it as he checked his rippling reflection in the water. Sure enough, his new eyebrows were emitting some kind of light, similar to his traditional rainbow trail but more monochromatic, the hue shifting up and down with his speed. The twin beams flowed around him, jetting out from behind like small contrails. In the relative gloom of the misty lake, they were quite a light show.

His eyes widened in awe as he turned his head backward to see the effect this was having, watching the radiation stream off of his forehead and vanish into the mist. "Hah! Elusive, you are awesome!"





"Now I want you both to apologise, okay?" said Butterscotch, crouched on a mud bank in front of two disgruntled-looking green frogs. "You just both had a big misunderstanding and there's no need to be angry at each other."

One of the frogs agitatedly croaked something in Butterscotch's ear, the pegasus listening quietly before replying. "No, Mrs Frog, it's called amplexus. It's a little confusing I know... I don't blame you for jumping to conclusions, but - aaaaack!"

A rainbow blur shot past the two frogs, and suddenly Butterscotch was gone.

"Hey Butts! Check it out!" said Blitz, holding the startled yellow pegasus aloft. "Do I look awesome or what?"

"Blitz?" Butterscotch blinked, his short pink mane whipping in the wind. He looked down to find himself dozens of feet in the air, the lake shrinking to a puddle beneath him as Blitz soared up into the sky.

"Elusive gave me new eyebrows!" said Blitz, twitching them at the other pegasus.

"Oh," said Butterscotch, peering at them awkwardly. "They're... nice?"

"Nice?" Blitz snorted. "Look at them! They glow! And they change colour! Isn't that the most awesome thing ever?"

"Oh, so they do," said Butterscotch, examining them more closely, and noticing the cyan beams of light emanating from above Blitz's eyes. "Um... I like them."

"Good," said Blitz. "I'm still not happy about it though. They frigging ambushed me! Can you believe that?"

"They?"

"Applejack and Elusive! I swear I'm gonna get them back for this. Oooh, there's an idea. Is Berry around?"

"Sure am!" said Berry Bubble from somewhere behind Blitz. "What can I do for you?"

Rainbow Blitz blinked, turning his head to find Berry standing on his back, elegantly poised on one hoof as the three ponies soared hundreds of feet above the ground. "What the... when did you... Berry!" he yelled. "Do you know how dangerous that is? Not to mention impossible? I can't catch you if I don't know you're there!"

"Oh Blitz, you worry too much," the pink stallion giggled. He produced a small black umbrella from behind his back and twirled it. "I have safety gear, see? Also, my Berry Sense would warn me if I was about to fall. Or maybe it would warn somepony else, so that they could catch me? I'm not sure how that works. Do you think Dusk has Dusky Sense?"

"Um..." Butterscotch tried to get Blitz's attention. "Do you need me for anything, Blitz? I'm kind of in the middle of negotiations at the moment and they've reached a critical phase, so -"

"Oh yeah, we're cool. Catch you later!" Blitz said, tossing the yellow pegasus aside. Butterscotch squealed and tumbled out of the sky for several yards before he was able to flap his wings and regain control, by which time Blitz had become a speck in the distance.

"Glowing eyebrows, huh?" said Berry, leaping into the hooves just vacated by Butterscotch. "I like them!"

"Let me guess, you hated my old eyebrows as well?" Blitz muttered.

"I don't think so! What were they like before?"

"Oh, never mind," said Blitz. "Yeah, I like them too Berry, but I'm not happy with how they forced them on me! So I think a bit of payback is more than fair."

"I feel a prank coming on!" sang Berry. "What do you want to do? Something superciliary?"

Blitz shook his head. "It doesn't have to be silly. No, I want to teach AJ and Elusive a lesson. What they did was wrong. I want them to know what it's like to have something forced on you without warning!"

"But they do!" said Berry. "Remember when we went into the Everfree Forest and got covered in Poison Joke and Applejack turned into a tiny little itty-bitty mini pony? And Elusive's coat got so long that he kept tripping over it? And I couldn't talk because my tongue was all swollen so I was like 'mmmmmth thpppble pffffth'? And -"

"I know, I was there, Berry," said Blitz impatiently. "Well... they should see what it's like to be betrayed by their friends! They know how I feel about that! Laws of time and space my hoof!"

"We could Poison Joke them again?" Berry suggested.

"Hmmmm... nah," said Blitz. "Too random. I want something to make them realise what jerks they are. Something to make them feel really bad about what they did. Put your thinking cap on, Berry. We're not gonna sleep until we've come up with something awesome!"

"My thinking cap is at home. Let's go there!" said Berry, pointing a hoof in the exact direction of Sugarcube Corner.