• Published 25th Oct 2013
  • 2,617 Views, 182 Comments

Mario & Luigi: Adventures Through Equestria - NoGoodUsrNames99



Fawful comes back, but not just the Mushroom Kingdom...he goes to equestria too, so Mario Luigi Discord Twilight and Starlow must work together to stop him from geting the Infastar!

  • ...
18
 182
 2,617

Chapter Thirteen: Battle The Changelings!

Mario Luigi and Toadlee flew face-first on the ground from the portal. They where in a sandy-canyon, and when they looked up they could see trees from above. "Where is this?" Luigi asked, looking around.

"It appears we're in the Gusty Gorge!" Discord exclaimed, popping in.

"On a more important note...WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?" Toadlee screamed in pure confusion.

"We're in Equestria!" Discord replied.

"But...you know it would've been nice to know about this BEFORE we got here!""The only thing we can do!"

"Oh, heh...sorry..." Mario replied, scratching the back of his head.

"Ahh...looks like you are a bit confused!" They heard the voice coming from behind them, they turned around to see Chrysalis flying there, holding the key. "It's a shame Fawful will be getting this key and not you, isn't it?"

"Give that back!" Mario yelled, pointing at Chrysalis.

"As if reasoning will help you through this, instead why not entertain some guests? Oh Changelings, defeat these pests for mommy!" She exclaimed, before a swarm of Changelings came flying in. "ta ta!" She yelled, before flying into the distance.

"Urg..." Mario mumbled. There where thousands, all flying in.

"Uh Mario...what are we gonna do?" Luigi asked, in fear.

"I'll leave you guys to it!" Discord exclaimed before warping out.

The Changelings then enclosed on the group, and Mario jumped up one one of the Changelings, causing it to pass out. He then jumped on another, continuing the cycle on as many Changelings as possible.

Toadlee pulled out his plasma gun and started shooting Changelings and causing them to disintegrate.

Meanwhile Luigi whacked one with his hammer, then another, then another. They all started turning into clones of Mari. "Luigi, you wouldn't hurt your dear sweet brother, would you?" They all asked.

One on the Changelings bolted out of the way, so Mario fell within the crowd. "Uhh...I don't know witch one is the real Mario!" Luigi exclaimed.

"I'M THE REAL MARIO!" One of them yelled, jumping out of the crowd.

"NO, I AM!"

"CUT IT OUT GUYS, THAT'S ME!"

two more yelled. "Uhh..." Luigi mumbled. He wasn't sure witch one to attack.

"Would a Changeling do this?" One of the Mario's asked, before pulling out his hammer and smacking a Changeling. Luigi then continued to do the same now that he knew where Mario was. They all changed back into Changelings. But it felt like every Changeling they killed, a bunch more came to replace it. The more they killed the bigger the crowd was. They couldn't fight like this.

Mario was able to make his way to Luigi, "Luigi, we can't fight like this! we need to retreat!" He quietly said to Luigi.

"Well, I don't have a problem with that!" Luigi replied.

"Alright, we need to find somewhere to hide!" Mario said, before looking left and right to find somewhere to hide. He couldn't see very well through the Changelings but he thought he saw a small crevice. "Luigi, let's go through there!" Mario yelled as he grabbed Toadlee and ran through the thick horde of Changelings, using his hammer to clear a path. They got to the canyon wall and Toadlee squeezed through the crack, then Luigi did with some trouble, and when Mario tried he got stuck.

"Luigi, I'm STUCK!" Mario yelled, squirming. He could feel he was kicking Changelings from outside. Luigi and Toadlee grabbed his arms and begun pulling, but it was no good. Suddenly Discord came in the small cave (though he had to duck) he grabbed Mario's arms and pulled him in. He then sealed the crack with more rocks found inside the cave.

(you can turn the music off now)

"Phew...that was close..." Mario mumbled as he sat down.

"So, now what?" Starlow asked, popping out of Mario's pocket. "Do we just sit here and wait it out?" Starlow asked, with an eyebrow raised.

"Wait a minute..." Toadlee mumbled as he walked up and started feeling one of the cave walls. "I think there's a secret path hidden here!"

"Let me see it..." Discord replied as he shrunk to the size of Mario's hips, and walked over to the wall. He started to feel it also. "I can feel magic energy coming from back here!" He exclaimed, before brushing some dust off and finding a lever, then pulling it. The wall opened like a door.

"Awesome, let's go!" Starlow exclaimed as her and Discord disappeared. Mario, Luigi and Toadlee walked through the cramped halls of the cave until they eventually found a giant temple, with a familiar looking door.

"Wait a minute..." Mario said as he stopped the group. "This place looks familiar..." It then hit the group: this was the Equestrian Infastar temple!

They all stood there, completely dumbfounded. It was then that they heard someone inside. "Shh..." Mario whispered as he snuck up to the door and listened inside.

"And why didn't you tell us you could get on the Pappiapine islands?" Theyheard one voice ask.

"Well, don't you see master, I was scouting the area to make sure there where no traps set up!"

"Hmm...Fawful get's the feeling you are helping the mustaches, and that girl that cam through here earlier...is that true, Dimentio?"

"Well, um...you see...I was getting ready to kicks Mario's ass but he then ended up kicking mine, and he stole the key that I just found!"

"LIES LIES LIES I SAY! You know what? you're staying in Fawful's sight from now on...okay?"

"Hmm hmm hmm...You're not the boss of me!"

"What? Did you just say what Fawful thinks you said?!"

"Bite me!"

Mario was then able to peek in and see what was going on, and what he ended up seeing was horrible.

"Oh, no you didn't!" Fawful replied, pulling out some sort of magical device. "Fawful found you lying around in Dimension-D, and he revived you back into your physical form...And you replay him like this!" He then shot a beam at Dimentio, but he dodged it. Fawful then shot him again, this stime getting him with the shot, causing Dimentio to fall to the floor, being tazed.

Fawful then turned his attention to the door. "Who's out there?" He asked. The group then started to panic as Fawful walked up towards the door, charging his device. The group panicked and bolted out the way they came, and in that first little room, they could still hear him following them. "Fawful can hear you..."

Discord then warped in and used his magic to move the rocks, and when they looked outside luckily enough the Changelings where gone. Discord moved the rocks back, trapping Fawful in. They then ran all the way that Chrysalis flew, after running a good half mile they finally got a chance to rest.

"W-What was that?" Mario asked, gasping for air.

"I don't know...that's not how anyone should treat their minions!" Luigi replied.

"Well..." Discord then warped back in. "Fawful used the Dark Star's power to revive himself, right?" Discord asked.

"I believe so..." Mario replied, as she sat down to recover from the running.

"The Dark Star is pure evil...so he must've inherited it's way of thinking!"

"Alright, this doesn't matter right now, we need to get that key back!" Mario stated as he stood back up.

"Oh, as if you'll get this key!" They all looked towards the voice and say Chrysalis flying, still holding the key.

"Chrysalis, this is your last chance, give us that key or we'll be forced to fight!" Mario exclaimed.

"Well, you know I could use a good workout!" She exclaimed. "Let's see you fight this!" She then used her heron to surround herself with magic, she started to glow as a bubble of light surrounded her, causing her to grow! She was now about three buildings tall. Her head was sticking out over the canyon walls. She looked down at the group. "Any last words?" He words echoed as she raised her hoof over the group, and eventually stomped down. The group where about the except their fate but Discord then popped in and held her hoof up.

"Guys run...I...can...take it..." He grumbled as he fought against her force.

"Discord, no! we refuse to leave you!" Mario yelled. "I can take her!"

"Mario...are you CRAZY?!" Luigi asked, in pure shock.

"I'm with Luigi on this one..." Toadlee mumbled.

"Look Discord, I've been in these situations before, do you have any sort of growing magic?!" Mario asked.

Discord then thought for a minute, finding it hard to concentrate as he pushed against the force. "Well I do know this one spell..."

"Just die!" Chrysalis screamed as she tried to crush the group. Then, suddenly she felt something start to grow under her hoof, when she looked she noticed it was red. She moved her hoof and watched in shock as she saw Mario growing around the same size as her. "W-What?!" She asked in pure shock. "H-How did you..."

"It doesn't matter..." Mario replied "What does matter is that we get that key!" Mario yelled, before getting his hammer out and charging towards her...

Mario jumped up and almost landed on Chrysalis, but she moved out of the way, causing him to slam against the ground. She then lightly giggled before Mario grabbed her horn, and pulled her head down. He continued to smack her head against the ground untill she shot him with a magic beam. they both staggered to their feet and looked each other in the eyes.

"Oh babies, attack the lousy Mustached man, would you?" She asked, having a horde of Changelings fly in at Mario.

Mario was able to grab his hammer and smack them all out of the way. He then kept this up until they eventually stopped coming.

"Ugh...this is real tiresome..." Chrysalis griped. "I suppose I should spice the battle up a a bit!" She exclaimed before using her horn to make a force field around herself. "Try and break this!" She yelled, practically giggling.

Mario pulled his hammer out and leaped up and landed on the force field with everything he had...it was no use. She then prepared herself, and charged at Mario, causing him to fly all the way to the back of the gorge. "Oof!" He yelled as he fell to the ground. She then tred to chrge again, but he rolled out of the way, causing her horn to get stuck in the dirt.

Mario then got back up, and tried to jump on her but couldn't because of the stupid force field. Suddenly, Discord warped in flying next to Mario's head. "Mario, I think there's no back to the force field! this means not only can you hit her from behind, but she's running out of magic energy!" He exclaimed.

"Umm...no I'm not!" She frantically yelled, Discord warped away and Mario pulled out his hammer and walked up to her, and started repeatedly hitting her back. She eventually got her horn out of the wall, and turned around to face Mario. "So now you're resorting to cheap shots? Let's see how you like it!" She hissed. She then Flew right above him, higher than he could hit her, then started dropping on him, to fly back up and drop again.

"Urgh..." Mario groaned as she was moving to fast for him to do anything. He then grabbed his hammer and held it behind him, and right before she hit him again her smacked her, causing her to fly and smash against the canyon wall. Mario then repeatedly hit her back again until she broke out.

"Changelings...CHARGE!" She yelled as she pointed towards Mario, and having another group of Changelings fly in at him. He smacked them with his hammer over and over and continued this cycle until they stopped again.

"That's it...I've had enough with you!" She exclaimed, before sing her horn to shoot a magic beam at Mario. He used his hammer to deflect it, and it pushed him back. His foot almost crushed the rest of the group, but they where able to hide in a small crack in the canyon wall. After a while, the magic stopped and Chrysalis fell to the ground, gasping.

"What's wrong, are you running low on energy?" Mario asked, being sarcastic.

Chrysalis just gasped until she suddenly shot up and charged at Mario, getting him. She pinned him against the wall on the other side of the canyon and continued to ram him repeatedly. Suddenly he jumped up and landed on her back, before springing to the ground. He used his hammer to slam her back into the wall, and attack her back once more. He hit her over and over again until she broke out, with only a little bit of energy left.

"Mario...I WON'T LET YOU WIN!" She screamed, using her magic to cause herself to grow even bigger, untill she about a quarter taller than Mario. "GOOD LUCK WINNING NOW!" She screamed before smacking Mario with her hoof, causing him to slam the wall. He then fell to the ground and she continued to crush him over and over. He flipped on his back, grabbed her foot and threw it up, causing her to fall over and hit the ground.

He then walked up to her, grabbed her tail and started slamming her against the ground repeatedly. He threw her at the other side of the canyon, causing her to fall down, almost passed out. "This is my chance!" He thought to himself as he ran over with his hammer in hand. But she shot up and landed behind him he turned around to face her.

"At first, I thought you where just an annoyance, but you're actually more powerful than I thought!" She exclaimed. "But I must now, FINISH YOU!" She screamed as she started to charge up energy in her horn. He ran towards her and ducked, sliding right under her, and before she could do anything he hit her back, throwing her into the wall. He then smacked her back a couple more times, then did one final smack...finishing her...

(You can turn the music off now)

Both Mario and Chrysalis shrunk down back to regular size. Once they where Luigi ran up to Mario and hugged him.

"Oh Mario...that was intense!" Luigi exclaimed. They then looked over to see Chrysalis passed out, with the key sitting next to her. Mario picked the key up.

"C'mon guys, let's go open the temple!" Mario exclaimed.

About fifteen minutes later:

They hopped out of the portal back in front of the Infastar temple. Mario (quickly this time) rised the key, and and jammed it in the keyhole, turning it and having the door unlock. Mario the put his back against the door and paused it opened, revealing the inside of the temple...

Author's Note:

Ugh...geez...this chapter was a nightmare to write! Ah well, at least I finally got it out! and I'm quite exited to do the next chapter!