• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,342 Views, 27 Comments

Dash - Ranger-Redstar

  • ...
10
 27
 1,342

Old Villains, New Problems

Chapter Six

Old Villains, New Problems


Driving down the road seemed like a staple; as soon as the chasing and shooting had ended I would drive. I guess it wasn’t all bad it was the only moment were dash and I weren’t in any real danger and we could just relax. I had my eyes on the road for quite some time now. I looked over off in the distance and could see the sun rise as another day of running was soon upon us, I could feel it in my soul. I looked down at Dash who was still sleeping on my thigh. I could see here chest inhale and exhale as she slept softly. Then sun peered through the window and glowed down and dash’s head. The light hit her eyes and soon she started to wake up. She sat up and made a big yawn, as she did her wings flew open as she stretched herself awake.

“Morning sleepyhead” I said

Dash rubbed her eyes with her hooves trying to adjust to the light. She stared off down the road and blinked a couple of times before turning toward me.

“You All right?” I asked

She seemed a bit worried when she saw me. She gently nudged my shoulder and then she calm down.

“Sorry I just thought this was all dream and that I was back home in Cloudsdale,” she said

I understood what dash said, being here for a while and then being transported back to another was a possibility and she felt like it had happened.

“It fine dash, we got a long journey ahead of us, so lets stick together no matter what”

Dash smiled as I put my hand out to shake on it, Dash put her around my hand and shook on it.

“Through thick and thin” Dash said

“To the bitter end” I said

We kept on driving down the highway when I started seeing signs indicating our location. We were coming upon Baltimore, Maryland. I thought it was funny and ironic cause that’s where BronyCon was being held. I had gone one year, long ago with a friend of mine but simply pushed the thought aside. I was about to drive past it that’s when I spotted a toll both far in the distance. I looked and saw dark vehicles parked with flashing lights as they were inspecting each driver and car individually.

I knew if went straight I would be putting dash and in immediate danger. I turned off down the exit into Baltimore. I kept on driving keeping my eyes open for anything suspicious. As we drove down the road we soon came upon the edge of town. I parked the car off in the distance behind a giant billboard.

“Rich why’d we stop?” dash asked

"I think they know were here,” I said

I couldn’t put my finger on it but I knew their probably searching the entire state for Dash and I. Dash and I had to continue this journey on foot in hopes that we would pass through unnoticed. I already made the assumption that they were probably tracking the car that we stole from them, trying to pinpoint our location. So ditching the car was probably the better option. We hid the car by covering it up with brush and branches. I gathered what I could and packed in into a bag a flung it over my shoulder. I hid my rifle underneath my trench coat to conceal it. Dash and I soon walked down the road past neighborhoods, gas stations, restaurants, hotels and supermarkets. Soon we were heading into Baltimore. I kept my eyes open for any mob guys or agents. We soon saw the road leading into town and saw a Government checkpoint blocking the entrance off in the distance.

“Shit, they’ve got everything blocked off, now how are we going to get past them,” I said angrily

Dash wasn’t about to give up; she flew over the grassy plain in hopes to finding any kind of opening that would get us into town. I stood by trying to find where dash flew too within minutes dash came back.

“What did you find?” I asked

“There’s a hole in the ground that’s leads into the city,” she said

"Show me”

I followed behind dash as she directed me to the opening. We soon came upon water Drainage pipe. This must be where the rainwater from the city would flow so the city doesn’t flood. They smell was nauseating but it was the only way.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” I asked

Dash nodded her head in agreement.

“Very well”

I pulled a t-shirt out of the bag and wrapped into around my head to help myself breathe better. I found a small rag that I was able to wrap around dash too. So I got on my hands and knees and began to crawl into the pipe. It was dark, wet and stinky as I crawled through the pipe. I was able to pull out my flashlight in order to help see where this pipe was leading us, dash also stayed close behind me trying not to get lost.

We kept on crawling until we came upon the sewers. It was big enough for us to stand up which was better then crawling on my hands and knees. This part smelled the worst and I was getting disoriented, dash was getting sick and started gagging. We kept on moving and soon we saw a stepladder that led up to a workers platform. We climbed up as the smelled started to disperse. I flopped down onto the platform and catch my breath. Dash came and flopped down on me. I looked up to see a dirty cyan pony lying on top of me. I wasn’t gonna lie I did blush a bit when the thought came to me and I did see her blush a bit

“Um come on lets uh let’s get going,” I said trying the brush what had just happened

Dash got up so I could stand in order to figured out where to go next. We kept following the platforms until we came upon a ported manhole. I could here some talking so we listened quietly.

“No sir we have nothing to report, yes sir moving toward yours position now”

“What’s going on,” one of them asked

“They found the missing car that the kid stole on the outskirts of the city”

“He must’ve ditched and found his way into the city, lets move”

The two agents left and I felt a sudden panic attack.

“We need to keep moving,” I said

I started to run down the platforms with dash behind me, I kept running try to find a way into the city. We soon came upon a ladder with e spray painted sign pointing up that said:

Baltimore Inner Harbor

“Come on dash” I said as I climbed up the ladder until I came upon a manhole cover. I put my hands on the metal cover and started to push but it wouldn’t budge.

“Let me help” dash said as she put her hooves on the cover and pushed with me.

The manhole started to move up and I was able to push it aside so I could climb up. I peeked my head out of the hole to see if there was anyone nearby that might see us. Luckily for us no one was around. I climbed out of the stinky hole with dash and covered the hole back so nobody will know they we came out of this particular one. I was covered with icky water and debris. I looked and dash’s hooves and legs were covered too. We both walked into town looking out for people, mob guys or agents that might see us. We found an alleyway with a small hose for us to rinse ourselves off with. I took off my clothes and rinsed myself as dash stood away from so I could keep my privacy. I changed clothes and helped rinse dash clean. I was drying her off, while I was rubbing her main she looked at me with those big magenta eyes gleaming at me. My eyes were in aligned with hers and my heart twitched again. Its seemed dash liked me almost too much but I shook my head to forget the thought.

After I dried her off we kept on walking avoiding heavily populated areas. Dash followed close beside me trying not to bee seen by anyone. We soon came upon a familiar site the Baltimore Convention Center.

“Man this is one weird coincidence,” I said

Dash looked up to me with a raised eyebrow.

“Why is that?” she asked

“This I where BronyCon is taking place”

“Is this where you guys come together to talk about us and our world,” Dash said

“Yeah pretty much”

Dash got excited in hopes to see some fans, but the thought of too many made her scared and nervous. I reached down and put my hand on dash.

“Its alright dash I wont let any brony take up too much of your time” I said jokingly

Dash laughed and we continued on through the backstreets but we were running out of alleyways. I turned around a corner to see a car with Mob guys in it. I turned around and went back the other way we came but I couple of black cars drove by. I was getting worried and was running out of ideas. Then I saw a couple a guys walking down the street with My Little Pony attire. Soon more and more were walking down the street wearing similar clothing and apparel. I soon came to the realization that BronyCon might be happening right now. I looked at dash and came up with the most risky idea I ever had. I walked down the street with my fellow bronies with Dash strewn on my back like one of those Rainbow Dash backpacks in hopes of trying to blend in. I was nervous the whole time hoping no one would question a real pony on my back. Dash kept her eyes closed and trying not to flinch. So I kept walking down the street and soon came upon a large group of bronies. I knew there was a convention going on so we both snuck in. As we did I looked back to see nobody was behind us. I was in the convention center as I tried to find a place where dash and I could stop talk. I found a part of con center that nobody was using and Dash came alive again.

“Whew that was harder than what you told me,” Dash said as she stretched her legs

“Sorry I didn’t expect BronyCon to happen today or maybe I lost track of the calendar.”

Dash smiled and said “Its okay getting chased and shot at will do that to ya”

I laughed a little bit when dash spotted someone behind me. I turned my head to seen some BronyCon security come my way.

“Hey you this area is off limits,” the man said

I started to sweat and became scared to death. In an instant I grabbed dash and ran for it. As I ran I knew that he started to chase after me. I ran as fast I could until I came upon a door that led to the roof. I bashed through the door with my shoulder and it opened thankfully. I closed the door behind and began to panic.

“Dash fly to the top of the stairs I’ll meet you up there”

Dash looked concerned but did what I asked. I dropped my bag and pulled out my rifle ready to butt stroke whoever was about to come through the door. I stood against the wall and waited and within seconds the guy came through. I bashed him in the back of the head and he fell. I turned of his radio and tied him up so he wouldn’t escape and tell others. I plugged his mouth so no one would here him either. I picked him up and brought him to the basement where no one might find. After I hid him underneath the stairs I grabbed my bag and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. Halfway I started to get tired, but I had a job to do and I endured it all the way to the top where dash was waiting for me. Dash looked up to see me out of breath as I collapsed.

“Rich are you alright, are you hurt,” she said as she picked me up.

I started huffin’ and puffin’ as I looked as dash.

“No…im okay….just tired”

“Well no resting on the job we have to keep moving,” she said

I looked at dash and knew she was right. I picked myself up with my heavy bag and rifle in tow. I looked and saw the door that lead to the roof. I got ready then kicked the door open. Dash flew out and I followed after her. Soon we came upon roof had been laid with gravel, huge air vents that led air in our out, and air conditioners. I walked past them over to the edge to see bronies and cars go by. I walked over to a vent and put my gear down. I dropped down too next to my gear and I just was at a loss for words not to mention ideas. Dash flew down next to me to see what was the matter.

“What’s wrong Rich?” Dash asked

I had my head held down but then I looked up at dash.

“Im an idiot, this was the stupidest idea” I said as I grew angry

I got up and kicked some gravel around. I punched one of the vents leaving a small dent as did I felt the pain in my hand and knelt down. Dash rushed over to see if I was hurt.

“Why what’s wrong?”

“We’re trapped don’t you see we’re trapped on a roof with thousands of witness’s not to mention the mob and the government waiting for us” I yelled

There was no going back and there was no chance of escape dash and I we’re trapped for real. Dash soon realized that and hugged me

“You did your best Rich, that’s all the matters,” she said trying to comfort me

As dash held me with her hooves I couldn’t help but hug back.

“Thanks Dash that means a lot to me,” I said

I started to feel better but the fact still stood we weren’t getting of this roof. Then something happened, something I did not expect to happen in a millions years. The sky turned black as a whirlwind formed within the clouds and lighting started shooting. I grabbed dash and held on so she wouldn’t fly off. The whirlwind grew darker and more lighting shot out and then a big ball of light feel down onto the roof and then it flashed our eyes. I couldn’t see but after the clouds dispersed I looked and what I saw standing directly in front of dash and I made my blood sink to my feet. Their standing in all her greatness was none other than the Queen of the Changelings Chrysalis.

“MMM this planet is just teeming with tasty food for my subjects,” she said

She turned to see dash and I huddle together.

“Well well well if it isn’t Rainbow Dash the loyal one, I’ve been expecting you”

Dash grew Brave and flew up to meet her

“Its you what are you doing here” Dash demanded

“Isn’t it obvious I sent you here, so Twilight couldn’t use the Elements of Harmony against me but somehow I knew that wasn’t enough for she still had power to try to stop me so I figured I would go and find the source and stop it myself” she glared at dash ready to fire her horn.

Dash was ready to strike her but I stepped in front of her. There I stood proud right between dash and Chrysalis.

“What is this,” Chrysalis demanded

I looked up at the queen “Your worst nightmare” as I flicked my nightstick ready

“Hahahaha don’t make me laugh”

“You just did,” I said twisting her words

“Nevermind there’s no way you can stop me” she said

She then shot a laser from her horn at me but I was able to dodge out of the way. I looked up to see more laser racing towards me. Rolled and rolled out of the way behind a vent hoping to catch my breath.

“You can run but you cannot hide” she flew up into the air and fired at me as I ran back toward my bag.

I rummaged through my bag hoping to find someway to stop her. I found the MP5 from yesterday and found a non-lethal airflow grenade. I loaded it up but Chrysalis came up behind trying to thrust her horn in me. I rolled and then aimed my gun at her. She saw me as I pulled the trigger causing the grenade to fly at her. She closed her eyes as she put up a force field deflecting the grenade. She opened her eyes a second to late for I was right in front of her with my arm held back ready to whip her across the face. I flung my nightstick at her and she used her magic to stop it from hitting her. My body flung toward her but she didn’t count on me having a stun gun in my other hand. I turned it on and it made contact with her neck. The shock went and surged though her body, she felt it sting as her mane and tail stood out like it got hit by lighting, knocking her out. I feel right beside her, as she lay paralyzed.

“What did you do to me?” she demanded

“Stun gun” I held it up for her to see

I then went over to her and shocked her again knocking her unconscious. I then proceeded to tie her legs and wings up so she wouldn’t get away. I looked over to see dash with her mouth wide open speechless. I got up very proudly next to Chrysalis.

“That’s how I get ‘er done,” I said

Dash flew up in amazement

“That was so awesome” dash then proceeded to make that silly face from Apple bucking season.

Dash flew towards me and gave me a hug

“You were so brave and you didn’t even brake a sweat” dash said

I turned me head toward dash smiling with joy. I then proceeded to hug her back

“Whew I just took out the most evil villain in all of Equestria by myself” I said

“You sure did” dash said

I then did a small victory dance to which dash joined in but then a bright light started emanating from the roof I tried to see what was happening but the light started to disappear and there stood Alicorn Twilight and the rest of the ponies. At first I did nothing but stare and they stared back at but the Dash intervened

“Twilight what are you doing here?” dash asked

Twilight looked up at her long lost friend “We’re here to stop Queen Chrysalis”

“Yeah Chrysalis banished you into another dimension because she knew we wouldn’t be able to use the elements of harmony without of all of us being together, and thought is was the perfect opportunity to strike back but didn’t expect Twilight to use her new alicorn powers even though you were millions of miles away so we followed her here and now were her to stop her” pinkie say

Us usual pinkie is able to explain the entire situation like it was nothing. I stepped in to try talk to the ponies as I did they backed up a little bit in fear since I was the first human to come into contact with.

“No need I took Chrysalis down without a scratch” I said

They all looked at each other before looking at Twilight. Twilight walked up to me skeptical of my claim.

“That’s impossible Queen Chrysalis is by far the most powerful villain we faced, she has more power the Princess Celestia, so there now way you-”

I cut off Twilight to move off to the side to reveal an unconscious Chrysalis all tied up. Twilight and the rest of the ponies were speechless just like dash was. Twilight then looked up to me with a little fear.

“How in Equestria were you able to take her down?” Twilight asked

“Well I first had to dodge her lasers enough to shoot at her, but she didn’t count on me getting that close, so she grabbed my weapon but I flung toward her and stung her out cold” I said very proudly

Applejack was astounded walked closer toward me

“Well I gotta say you are one tough uh… whatever you are,” she said with a small smile

“Gosh I hope she isn’t hurt I mean Im a bit worried” Fluttershy said

“She’s fine the stun gun did its job”

“Eech” Rarity said

“What in Equestria are you wearing darling”

I looked at my dirty trench coat, a stained white shirt, my black ruffled dusty cargo pants and filthy work shoes.

“Sorry if I had know I would have worn something more suitable” I said trying to make a conversation

“Its quite all right I know whenever I get dirty I always bring cleaning supplies” rarity pulled some sponges and a spray bottle and began to clean my clothes while they were still on me, if felt a little weird but it only took awhile.

“There now you look smashing” Rarity said

I was a bit cold and wet but at least I was clean enough for her to come closer. Pinkie came out from behind with a big smile on her face.

“So this I what you aliens look like” she began to ruffle my hair and poke various spots on my body. After she was done squirming all around me she sat down next to her friends.

“You look silly” Pinkie said as she pointed to me

“I hope Chrysalis didn’t hurt you in any way” Fluttershy said

I turned to see Flutter shy hovering next to me worried

“Oh now im fine though I did get shot the other day”

“Shot?” she said

I took off my coat to show her the bandages and dried up blood where I had been shot.

“Oh you poor thing” Fluttershy said as she rubbed my arm

“Nah I’ll live its only flesh wound” I said jokingly

Twilight was getting slightly agitated at all the attention I was getting and interrupted

“Well now that’s out of the way we should probably think about getting both Chrysalis and Dash back home”

I knew Twilight was a buzzkill from time to time but when she said that my heart sank because I knew this was the end of the line fore dash and I. I grew sad as I looked over at dash. Dash flew toward me one last time.

“It was one hell of an adventure we had” dash said

I looked at dash with a smile as this maybe the last thing we say to each other

“Yes it sure was” I said

Saying adventure in front of pinkie made her all the more curious.

“Oooh you guys went on an adventure together” she said

“Im rather curious on how you two met on a planet like this” Rarity said

I felt like I owed them an explanation as to where dash was all this time and why she was with me.

“Well I found dash injured in an alley,” I said

“Injured” Fluttershy said as she flew toward dash to see the bandages on her hoof

“Its true” Dash said by showing her friends her injury awhile back

“So I took dash into my home, fixed her, feed her and have been keeping her safe every since then”

Twilight was a bit shocked to see that kind of generosity come from someone else

“You took care of her, despite that fact that she was alien to your world” Twilight said

“Of course, I wasn’t gonna leave her alone for those mob guys and agents to come and take her

Twilight was confused

“From who?” she asked

"Well there are these group of mob guys that wanted dash so i stopped them, then my government sent agents to capture her too and experiment on her as well so i've been protecting dash all this time"
At that moment I heard a gun click back. I slowly turned to see a big mobster with handgun in one hand and a cigar in the other

“And what a pain you've been,” he said

“Who are you?” I asked

He puffed his cigar and said “Names Boris im the boss of my fellow mob group”

“I’ve been looking for you, you caused a lot of trouble for my boys, most of them got hurt some got hospitalized because of you. So now Im gonna take what’s mine and make sure you don’t interfere anymore”

He pointed his gun at me and was going to fire. The mane six just stood in horror as everything transpired around them. I knew what I had to do, I had to think and act fast if it was going to work. I looked behind him and pointed.

“Look” I yelled

He turned his head as I pulled out my pistol and aimed it at him. He looked back to see I had a gun on him. At first he was hesitant to fire, I looked at him and fired

BLAM

I ended up shooting the gun right out of his hand. He grabbed his hand in pain.

“That was dirty,” he said

“There are no rules in a gunfight, but you, you put me through hell so now I gonna return the favor”

Before I could do anything to him I heard a gunshot in the distance. In a split second Boris was hit in the chest by a bullet. A bit of blood spurted out as he fell. I figured out right quick that the Agents must be on me trying to snipe me down. I looked over at twilight, ran over, grabbed her and ran for cover. Another gunshot was heard as I ran for cover. I put her down behind a vent and she was all confused

“What in the name of Celestia are you doing,” she yelled

“I just saved your life, your welcome by the way”

I then looked over and saw a gunshot on my left shoulder and felt the pain immediately. I grabbed it and screamed out as the rest came over.

“Rich are you hit” dash said

She flew towards to look at the wound.

“Im fine dash, but we got a sniper across the way and that’s a whole other threat”

I grabbed my rifle and readied it against my shoulder as another bullet came piercing a hole in the vent missing not by much. I knew this was going to be my toughest challenge yet

Author's Note:

i feel like each chapter gets longer as the story progress's