• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 1,342 Views, 27 Comments

Dash - Ranger-Redstar

  • ...
10
 27
 1,342

On The Road

Chapter Four

On the Road


As we were driving down the road I occasionally looked over to see Dash with a scared look on her face. I reached over and put my hand on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry dash,” I said in a calm tone

Dash looked at me and smiled, but as she turned to look out the window she grew sad

“Will this ever end?” she asked

I paused for a moment to really grasp the situation and then realized that I might possibly die, Thinking about it made me scared, but knowing that Dash will be safe in my care until then I pushed that thought aside.

“I certainly hope so Dash”

We continued down the road when I noticed two unlicensed cars were following us. The thought of more bad guys crossed my mind in a split second, but I had to at least be sure if it was them. I kept on driving all the while I watched the people in the cars behind me. One man popped out of the window with a pistol pointed at us and was about to fire. I then stepped on the gas in an attempt to get away. With car going faster and the two cars gaining on me I knew I had to do something to lose them. So I pulled out my handgun and rolled the window down.

“Dash hold the wheel steady” I asked

Dash not knowing how to drive a car at all, since cars down exist in Equestria, leaned over, put her hooves on the steering wheel and held it straight the best she could. I turned around outside the window with my pistol to see the two cars gaining speed upon us. Another one of the goons popped out and fired at our car. Bullets were hitting the car with no effect. Dash struggling to keep the car on the road flinched with ever shot. I aimed for the tires and prayed to god that I would hit it. I exhaled and took that shots

Blam Blam Blam

The bullets hit the tires causing them to go flat. The driving, having lost control, ended up swerving off the road and went tumbling down the hill.

The other car started shooting at us hitting the car leaving holes, a shattered back window and a broken taillight.

“Rich im scared” Dash shouted

“Just keep her steady,” I said quickly ducking trying not to get hit

The engines were roaring as both of our cars were going extraordinarily fast down the open road. The other car was right behind us so I couldn’t hit the tires. I had to shoot the driver in order to stop in completely. I aimed for the driver and exhaled then fired.

Blam Blam Blam

The bullets hit the windshield and hit the driver causing the car to turn 180 and cause the car to flip and crash. I looked, as the wreckage got further away, I jumped back into the driver seat. I had mixed feelings but I decided to concentrate on getting away from the accident. As I sat back down I checked right away to see if dash was all right.

“Dash are you all right are you hit” I said as I checked dash’s body for wounds

She gently pushed my hands away with her hoof

“Rich im fine, although I was a bit nervous holding the wheel, I mean I’ve never done anything like that before”

I smiled as I rustled her mane with my hand

“You did good for a first timer, im just glad you’re all right”

“Yeah Me too” Dash said

We kept on driving past some states by barely squeezing the highway. As we kept on driving until I decided stop the car on the side of the road. Dash looked all around in confusion.

“Why’d we stop?” Dash asked

I had to stop and think for a minute before we continued on. The car we were driving was a mess

“We have to ditch this car”

“Why?” she asked

“If we keep driving around in this we might end up getting caught by the police and they’ll start questioning me and they might see you too, I can’t take that risk”

Dash understood what I was saying

“So what do we do?”

“We have to find a new vehicle somewhere,” I said

I started up the car and drove on down the road. We kept on driving when I noticed I small road that led into the woods. I turned off and drove down that road. It was somewhat dark with all the tree’s blocking out the sun. Dash looked out the windows at the tree and was a little scared.

“This place reminds me of the Everfree Forest,” she said

I couldn’t help but smile a bit; I mean the Everfree forest does things all on there own much like this world’s forest’s do.

“Don’t worry dash”

I continued do the road until we came upon an old cabin that looked like no one had lived there for a while. A thought occurred maybe we should stay here for the night. We parked behind the cabin so no one would be able to find us. Dash and I got out and walked up to the cabin, which was making weird and Eire sounds as if it was haunted. Dash was scared and clung to me like Scooby-Doo. To be honest I was a little scared but we had to hide somewhere.

We opened to the door and the room was filled with dust and old furniture. There was a small desk with a small bookshelf above it and a square hole that showed the kitchen. I turned to dash with a scared concerned look

“Whatever you do Dash don’t read any books or turn on any recording devices”

Dash nodded as we both walked in. Dash jumped up on the couch as she did dust went everywhere. Some dust got all over her and she looked like a ghost.

“Achoo” dash sneezed

“This place gives me the creeps not to mention it’s filthy”

I looked at dash through the square hole and thought that is something rarity would say. I can imagine if rarity were here she would complain about the mess and would clean this place up in a heartbeat

“I know dash well rest here for now and then we can be on our way”

I looked around the cabin to see if there was anything that we could use. I walked into the small bedroom and found a closet with broken doors. I looked inside to find and nothing. I pulled moved of the boards away and found an old dusty Winchester rifle

“Score” I said as I pulled it out of its resting place to view in the light. I brushed off some of the dust to see if it would work. As I cocked the lever a spent shell flew out showing that it still functioned

“Nice still works”

I put the rifle’s sling over my shoulder when I heard a car pull up to the cabin. The minute I heard that I went cold. Someone must have been watching us the whole time. I got my rifle ready as I peaked through a small hole in the wall. I couldn’t see dash anywhere and hoped that she had found a place to hide. I continued to look through the hole and saw the door open to see two men in suits with pistols drawn come in.

“Check the rooms” one of them said as he looked around

One of them started coming toward the bedroom I was in. At first I thought these cant be the same guys, but then realized these are Men in Black and that they must work from some branch of the Government. I aimed my rifle at the door waiting for him to come through. The door slowly opened and the agent pointed his gun at wall. He turned to face me but before he could blink or fire I butt stroked him in the face with my rifle and he went down. I grabbed him before he hit the floor and carefully put him under the bed. I took his pistol and went back to the hole to see where the other agent went. I then heard cabinet doors being open and shut.

“He must be looking for dash,” I said to myself

I quietly walked out of the bedroom, rifle on shoulder and silently walked along the wall to the kitchen. I peeked around the corner to see the agent move into the living room. He looked around and saw the small hatch door that led to the basement. He took out his pistol and slowly opened the door.

I aimed my rifle at him but before I or he could fire the door opened and he was struck by something fast. He flew backward and landed on his back dropping his pistol in the process. I ran up to him and aimed my rifle at his head.

“Don’t Move” I yelled

He looked at me behind those dark shades and grew angrily.

“Are you gonna shoot me ha big mistake kid, you do that then we’ll have enough reason to kill you”

I thought about pulling the trigger and end his life, but another thought occurred to me.

“Suit yourself”

I butt stroked him too knocking him out. I looked over at the hatch door and Dash came out shaking.

“Did I get’em,” she said

I smiled back at dash

“Yeah u got him”

Dash flew up win amazement and started doing loops and flips

“Aw Yeah I got him on my first try”

I smiled at Dash and she gave me a high five or hoof. I looked down at the unconscious agent.

“Let’s take care of these guys before anything else happens”

So we gathered up the two agents, tied them up and locked them up in the basement.

“Well that takes care of that”

Dash was relieved to finally have some peace and quiet.

“Now can we rest?” as she sat down on the couch

“I don’t think so, well maybe not yet and definitely not here, we need to get away from this area” I said

“How are we going to get anywhere without car” dash asked

I thought about that for a minute but then i looked outside.

“How bout there’s” as I pointed out a perfectly intact car

Dash looked outside

“Oh do we really have to go”

“Yeah I know c’mon lets blow this Popsicle stand”

We both went and checked out the car to see in anyone else was lurking around

“Good no one else”

I looked in the trunk to find more weapons.

“C’mon Rich lets get going”

I hopped into the driver side and drove back on down the road. We kept on going until we came upon a small town.

At this time and after all the car chasing and agent fighting I was getting kind of tired myself. We drove by a hotel and decided to finally have some rest.

“Well what do you think” as we entered our small room

“Uh it’s not too terribly bad but it’s an improvement”

Dash flew up and landed on the bed, and spread out her wings.

“Its about time I got some rest” Dash said as she laid on the bed

To me it was good that dash was happy but I was getting a bit worried about what I had gotten my self into.

Author's Note:

Rich in Dash fight for survival, Up until now Rich hasn't shot and killed some but that might change further in we shall see