• Published 17th Oct 2013
  • 853 Views, 29 Comments

TerrariShy - Strawsy



While staying in the palace in Canterlot, Fluttershy's curiosity gets the better of her and she ends up in everyone's favorite game of mining, building and crafting.

  • ...
4
 29
 853

Gifts

She found Dylan in the general goods store, dusting off the shelves.
"Umm, hi...Dylan..." He spun around, startled, but then realized who it was. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you..."
"It's okay. I'm just jumpy. It's almost nighttime, and those zombies are going to be out soon. But hey, while you were gone, I made you something." He pointed to a wooden chest in the corner of the room. "Open that up."

Fluttershy hesitantly walked over to the brown box. She bent over and opened it, revealing two pieces of wooden armor, a breastplate and leggings. They were crafted of simple oak wood, and the insides were padded with soft rabbit fur. Leather connected the wooden plates to each other at the joints, keeping her range of movement wide.
"Thanks, Dylan. I really appreciate you helping me..." She blushed.
"Oh, it's nothing, mate. I do what I can to help." They stood there for a second, silence pervading the scene.
"So...what should I do next?" Flutters asked, breaking the quietness.
"Well, to traverse the chasms of the Corruption, you'll need a Graveling Hook."
"Umm...isn't it...Grappling Hook?"
"What in Terraria is a Grappling Hook? No, mate, I mean a Graveling Hook. A long, iron chain, with a three pronged spike on the end. You shoot it out of a little metal...launcher...I suppose...and it stabs into a wall and pulls you over. We have the iron to make the launcher and chains, but I need you to find a Hook. Piranhas in the Jungle have 'em, and skeletons underground. But they're pretty rare, so you may have to fight quite a few."
"Umm..." Fluttershy didn't really like the idea of hanging out in a hot, wet jungle for hours, shooting fish, but she supposed that she had to do it, for the good of everyone.

Later, she retired to the woven cot in Dylan's shack, drifting off to peaceful dreams, of ponies and rainbows, rabbits and friends. In the morning, she put on the wooden armor and slung her bag and quiver over her shoulder, heading east. She walked through the forest, admiring the sight of the flowers and the brightly colored slimes rolling past. After about three hours of walking, the temperature began to rise, causing sweat to bead on her forehead. The grass was a sickly shade of green, and the trees were tall. Vines hung from them, and bats nested in these vines.

She crested the hill, and was greeted by a beautiful sight: huge, glistening pools of water, each full of green fish, swimming frantically. She slid down the muddy incline, coming to a rest at the edge of the first pool. She walked up and down the ponds, searching for a flash of silver. There- three pools down, a small piranha swam with a little metal spike tied to his tail. She slung the bow off her back, and shot six arrows in quick succession, killing all three fish in as many seconds. She waded into the pond, untied the Hook, and, frowning, stuck it in her bag. She put the metal bow back over her shoulder, and headed back the way she came.

Comments ( 2 )

What is this a crossover of?

3498379 Terraria and MLP:FiM. If you've never played Terraria, do so now: it is a beautiful game. It's like the bastard child of Skyrim, Minecraft, The Legend of Zelda, and the old Super Mario games. In other words, it is literally the third best game ever invented. Look it up. You won't be sorry :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment