• Published 14th Jan 2014
  • 4,055 Views, 54 Comments

Shimmering Gem - D0CT0RWHOOVES



Sequel to Sunset's Beauty. Sunset Shimmer and Spike return to Ponyville after their Honeymoon. Follow as they face issues of their relationship and start a family.

  • ...
9
 54
 4,055

Ch.2 The Door Part 1

It had now been one week since Sunset and Spike had returned. Everything had been normal, even more so than usual. But today would be a reprieve from that normality for Sunset Shimmer and Spike.

Sunset’s eyes fluttered open to the sound of birds chirping. But Sunset didn’t feel like waking up so she used a silencing spell on the birds, which they did not like and proceeded to flip out.

“Dumb birds, I’m tired.” Sunset said and attempted to go back to sleep.

However her dream would never be realized as she felt Spike move next to her. Sunset then silently resigned to the fact that she was not going to be sleeping anymore. She opened her eyes
and rolled over to see Spike now awake.

“Morning love.” Spike said looking into her eyes.

“Morning sweetie.” Sunset replied and then kissed her husband.

The couple then decided to get up and ready for the day. As soon as they stood up there was a knocking on their bedroom door.

“I got it” Spike said already moving towards the door.

Spike opened the door to reveal a purple alicorn.

“Good morning you two!” Twilight said in a cheery tone.

“Morning.” Both Sunset and Spike replied wondering why she was already bothering them.

“What do you want?” Sunset said knowing the look Twilight was giving.

“What can’t a good friend stop in to say good morning?” Twilight said in an attempt to keep up the facade.

Both Sunset and Spike gave her a knowing look.

“Okay, okay. I wanted to ask you if you two could help with my research with the crystal door.” Twilight asked.

Sunset’s expression changed from one of annoyance to one of slight fear. Spike happened to notice and he put a soothing claw on her back. This helped calm the orange mare.

“Sure Twi, we’ll help.” Spike said; stroking his wife’s back.

“Thank you, I’ll see you two downstairs.” Twilight said skipping away.

Sunset groaned and began to stretch. However she felt something that should not be there. Sunset gave off a noise of confusion. She looked and saw that she still had wings.

“What the!? I thought these would be gone!?” Sunset yelled.

Spike looked and just now noticed them.

“What the? Maybe after we're done helping Twi, we should go see Discord?” Spike said in an attempt to sooth his mare.

“Fine. I suppose.” Sunset said but immediately began to feel a bit queasy.

“Hey, are you okay? You look like you're going to throw up.” Spike said, voice full of concern.

“No, no I don’t. Spike, I think I need to find a bucket.” Sunset said feeling like something was going to come up.

Spike immediately went and grabbed the waste basket that was in the room and out it in front of Sunset. Sunset then began to throw up. Spike began to rub her back to sooth her while whispering words of comfort. Sunset soon began to settle down. She spat a few times but felt she was done.

“We should see a doctor” Spike said.

“No, no I’m fine. It was just the shock of still having wings is all.” Sunset said.

“Are you sure?” Spike asked, still concerned.

“Yeah, let’s just get rid of this and go downstairs.” Sunset assured Spike.

“Alright.” Spike said with trepidation.

The couple then left their room and down to the foyer. When they got down, Spike went off to make breakfast. Sunset looked around and saw Twilight next to the door. Sunset walked over to
Twilight.

“Hey Sunset.” Twilight said, looking up from the book she was reading.

“Hi Twilight, so why are you still researching the door?” Sunset asked while looking at the door.

“Well I’ve determined that the door can control time and space, love and death. The door can see into your mind, the door can see into your soul!” Twilight said in a creepy tone.

“Re-really, th-the door can do all that?” Sunset asked in fear.

“Ha, no.” Twilight said with a giggle.

Sunset face hoofed and walked away into the kitchen. She walked over to Spike, who was making omelets.

“Hey honey. Speaking of such, could you put some honey on mine?” Sunset asked.

“Honey? On an omelet?” Spike asked scratching his head.

“Yeah, I don’t know, sounds good. Also pickles.” Sunset said while absentmindedly licking her lips.

“Okay...” Spike said with confusion.

Spike then continued to cook for a while longer adding the odd ingredients to Sunset’s omelet. To pass the time, Sunset read a Daring Do book. Once breakfast was done, Spike called everypony in for breakfast. Everypony sat around the table.

“Sunset, what is in your omelet?” Twilight said looking at her friend’s plate.

“Pickles and honey, why?” Sunset said, telekinetically raising a fork and knife.

Twilight just passed it off as Sunset being weird and began to eat.
Breakfast went by smoothly and Sunset loved her odd omelet. After breakfast they began to stand around the door.

“So what exactly do you want us to do?” Spike asked holding Sunset’s hoof.

“Well, we know what happens when one person looks in the door at a time yes?”

The couple nods their heads.

“Well, I wondered what would happen if two ponies, or pony and dragon, looked at the same time? I wonder if it would have an entirely different effect, or if you would both be in the same “dream”, so that’s were you two come in.” Twilight explained.

“Alright, I suppose that makes sense.” Spike said.

Spike could feel Sunset tremble slightly. He looked in her eyes.

“It’s okay, this time we’ll be there together” Spike said.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. I love you.” Sunset said

“I love you to.” Spike said.

Sunset leaned in to give her Spike a kiss. They did exactly that, even forgetting that Twilight was watching for a moment until she coughed. They both blushed and looked forward at the door.

“Are you two ready?” Twilight asked.

The two nodded and Twilight opened the door. As she did Sunset grabbed Spikes claw as their vision flashed white.

Author's Note:

Hey guys and gals, chapter 2 is here, I hope you like. As always tell me what you think in the comments!