• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 3,794 Views, 22 Comments

Love Is In The Air - GunsNRoses365



It's been several months since Lightning Twister was foalnapped by his father. Now he's back with his loving family is wanting to take his special somepony out on a date.

  • ...
2
 22
 3,794

Chapter 1

Princess Celestia's magnificent sun shines across Ponyville on a beautiful afternoon. At Fluttershy's cottage, Fluttershy and Lightning Twister are feeding all of their animals together while Fluttershy sings a happy song. It's been several months since Lightning was foalnapped at the Grand Galloping Gala and was held captive by his father Cold Wind. However things have now taken a better turn in Lightning's life. Cold Wind is now in jail for life and Lightning is now home with his his loving and caring family. Fluttershy continues to work and sing happily until she notices a sad look on her sons face.

"Lightning, is something wrong, sweetheart?" she asked with concern in her voice.

Lightning softly smiled at his mother and shook his head.

"No, Momma, I'm alright. I'm just thinking about something." he responded in his usual soft tone of voice.

Fluttershy was now curious about what it is her son could be thinking so hard about.

"Do you want to tell me whatever it is your thinking about?" she asked sweetly, hoping lightning would open up.

Lightning wasn't sure if he should tell anyone what he was thinking about. However Fluttershy was his mother and she cared for him deeply and she strives to see him happy.

"Well, Momma, I was thinking, about, Scootaloo. I-I want to take her out on a date." Lightning said shyly while scratching the ground with his hoof.

Lightning had been thinking about this for a few days now. He and Scootaloo never really had a special night together. They did go to the Grand Galloping Gala together, but their friends were with them most of the night. The two really never had a special night where it was just the two of them.

Fluttershy softly smiled at her son. She knew that Scootaloo was his special somepony and he cared about her deeply and she cared for him as well.

"That's wonderful, sweetie. Do you know where you want to take her?" she asked

Lightning shook his head in response, he didn't even know if he could work up the courage to ask her on a date.

Fluttershy gave him a gentle smile and tapped her chin with her hoof.

"I bet your, Auntie Pinkie, could let you two have a special dinner at Sugarcube corner tonight." Fluttershy said softly

Lightning smiled and said, "I think that would be nice, Momma, but I haven't asked Scootaloo on a date yet because I don't know if she'll say yes."

Fluttershy smiled and nuzzled her son before saying, "Well you'll never find out unless you ask. Now you go to you Auntie Rainbow's house and ask Scootaloo on a date, I'll talk with your Auntie Pinkie later."

"But what about the animals, Momma?" Lightning asked with concern of his mother overworking herself.

"Momma, will finish feeding them, sweetie, We're almost finished anyway, now run along." Fluttershy said softly.

Lightning nodded his head before smiling at his mother. He gave her a hug and then kissed her on the cheek before saying goodbye and heading for Rainbow's house.

Fluttershy smiled as she watched her son fly off. She was happy that Lightning had Scootaloo as a special somepony. Even thought they were young, she knew in her heart that they were meant to be together.

~

In the home of Rainbow Dash, Rainbow was flying up to Scootaloo's bedroom where she could hear moaning and complaining. She knocked on the door and heard a response for her to come in. She opened the door and saw Scootaloo lying on her bed and groaning in irritation.

"What's the matter scoots?"Rainbow asked

Scootaloo looked up to her sister figure and said, "I've been thinking about asking Lightning out on a date, but I don't know if I should."

Rainbow sat down on the bed beside her and helped her sit up before asking, "What do you mean you don't know if you should?"

"I mean, what if he says no? What if he doesn't want to be my special somepony anymore?" Scootaloo asked before tearing up a little bit at the thought.

Rainbow rolled her eyes a little bit before pulling the filly over to her and wrapping one of her wings around her.

"Look kiddo, he's your special somepony and you care about him deeply. You told me you two almost kissed at the Grand Galloping Gala. What I'm trying to tell you scoots' is that Lightning is happy to be with you and I promise he would love to go on a date with you."

Scootaloo nodded her head in understanding before wrapping her forelegs around Rainbows waist.

"Thanks Rainbow Dash." she said happily.

Rainbow gently rubbed Scootaloo's back with her wing as she looked out the window and saw Lightning coming to her house. She then heard a knock on the door and she smiled down at Scootaloo.

"Could you go and get that for me kiddo?" She asked the little filly

Scootaloo nodded her head and ran downstairs while rainbow stayed in the room while smiling.

When she reached the front door, Scootaloo opened and was face to face with Lightning.

"Hey, Lightning come on in." She said happily as she hugged the colt in front of her.

Lightning smiled at her and stepped inside. Scootaloo closed the door before going over to lightning. They nuzzled each other for a moment as Lightning's heart began to race out of nervousness. Scootaloo began to get a little nervous too as remembered what she wanted to ask Lightning.

"So whats up?" She asked trying to get a conversation going.

Lightning rubbed the back of his neck nervously and said, "Um...I just came hear to ask you something."

Scootaloo was curious as she responded, "What is it?"

Lightning rubbed his neck even more as he let out a nervous and shaky sigh.

"Um..I-I was just w-wondering, i-if you w-would l-like to go on a d-date with m-me."

Scootaloo was shocked, Lightning wanted to ask the same thing she wanted to ask. She began to smile before hugging Lightning.

"Yes Lightning I would love to go on a date with you." She said happily before kissing Lightning on the cheek.

Lightning blushed a little bit at the kiss and let out a sigh of relief.

"Great," he said happily "I'll come by your house tonight."

Scootaloo nodded her head and kissed Lightning on the cheek one more time. The two nuzzled each other for a moment before Lightning said goodbye and made his way back home to get ready for tonight.

Scootaloo smiled softly as she watched him fly away until he disappeared into the clouds.

She closed the door and turned around to see Rainbow Dash leaning against the wall with a smug look on her face.

"Heh, what did I tell you?" She said with a cocky smirk making Scootaloo roll her eyes and giggle.

Author's Note:

Here's the first part of my new short story I hope you enjoyed reading. In the next chapter Lightning and Scootaloo will go on their first date. See you all next Chapter.