• Published 17th Nov 2013
  • 878 Views, 16 Comments

Against the Dark One - Hidden Brony



An unlikely alliance of six extraordinary individuals gather even more unlikely allies to fight against the corrupting influence of the Dark One. But will it be that easy?

  • ...
4
 16
 878

1.4 Mutilation, Mistakes, and Misunderstandings

There were shouts and clangs as the Baltimare guard held off the corrupted, but Bright didn’t hear it. All his focus was directed at the wagon that had a cloud of darkness billowing out from inside it and the small army of corrupted between there and where he was standing.

His eyes shifted back and forth as he locked his attention on the corrupted walking towards the battle at the gate one by one. His gaze lingered for no more than a moment before moving on. Most of the corrupted were civilians, plain clothes and only their fists to fight with. Some others were most likely guards before their corruption, if the medium armor and decent quality weapons were any evidence.

“As best as I can see it, we should be able to get there with minimal difficulty,” Applejack was saying. “We just need to let our resident master of plans come up with a way for us to get there.”

All eyes, save for Bright’s, turned to Bloom. The young woman squeaked, withering slightly under the sudden intense scrutiny. She managed to squeak out, “Uh, still working on it.”

The group nodded and returned to watching the corrupted army’s slow advance. The beasts seemed to walk slower than usual, almost as if they were trying to draw out the battle at the gates. Pinkie saw fit to mention this.

“Or trying to give us time to stop them,” Bright said quietly. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy, which he probably was. “We know nothing about the Dark One itself, and precious little about the corrupted. We saw what might have been its full potential at Everfree, but we just don’t know.”

“What does that have to do with—” Scoot started to ask.

“It means that the corrupted are still, even after decades of research and battle, a completely unknown variable. We don’t even fully understand how they’re converted,” the paladin interrupted. “I can’t let any assumptions, even smart ones, cloud my vision.”

“I have a plan,” Bloom interjected in a quiet voice. Immediately all heads turned to her, causing her to flush brightly.

—*~*~*—

Bright sat with Pinkie in front of the mages, awaiting phase one of Bloom’s plan. He looked back at the two main components of this part, watching Twilight and Flutter shift nervously.

“Hey,” he said quietly, “you’ll do fine.” The girls gave him a small, but thankful, smile. He turned his vision back to the soon-to-be battlefield. He took a deep breath, slowly letting it out before speaking, “Initiate phase one.”

Twilight nodded, swirling her hands around each other, tracing arcane runes in the air with a purple trail, and muttering in ancient languages long dead. She closed her eyes as she finished, before throwing them open and thrusting her hands forward.

Two walls of force inches apart shot forth from in front of the group, plowing through the army of corrupted. The walls stopped just short of the wagon, before suddenly expanding outward, pushing corrupted and earth alike as it created a flat, but slightly uphill, plane to walk on.

“Phase two, go,” Bright said, picking up the suddenly exhausted force mage. The whole group, all twelve of them without the fliers, charged between the walls as they rapidly faded. Between the pounding of dozens of corrupted and the fatigue of the mage sustaining them, the walls were well on their way to falling.

This was known and accounted for. As soon as the walls were breached, a dozen corrupted poured through the break. The wall started dissolving swiftly on both sides of the broken part of the wall, steadily widening the crack. The wider the opening got, the more corrupted charged in.

Again, this was accounted for. Bright nodded to Mac as they ran. The big man nodded, picking up the summoner and placing her, backwards, on his shoulders. She blushed heavily at where he had to keep his hands to avoid dropping her, but despite being mortified, she accomplished the job that had been set for her. With a moment of concentration, she summoned two massive hammers, faces easily big enough to completely cover two full grown men. As soon as they finished forming, she started swinging.

She poured all her fear and anger, however little of the latter she had, into each swing. Every time the hammers contacted with a corrupted, they were sent flying farther than they had a right to, thanks to the bouncy nature imbued into the weapons by the shy summoner.

Between Twilight's walls holding out in front of the group and Flutter's hammers holding off the corrupted behind, the group made it to the wagon with ease. As soon as they arrived, flutter started phase three without needing to be told.

A dozen roughly-carved yellow statues suddenly formed, creating a perimiter around the wagon. Each one of the eight-foot creatures held a hammer identical to the two the summoner was using in each hand. Mac stood protectively by Flutter as she concentrated on holding off the army of corrupted, waiting for one to break through so he could smash it with the large rock he picked up off the ground.

Bright strode forward with a purpose. As he neared the wagon, he heard voices from inside.

"Let. Me. Go," he heard Rainbow growl over the muted murmurings drifting from inside the wagon.

"Give it up, Rainbow," Gilda sighed. "They aren't letting us go any time soon."

"Hey, lunkhead. Yeah, you!" Rainbow shouted. "Why haven't you corrupted us yet, anyway?"

Broght reached the back of the wagon as Gilda scoffed, "Are you really complaining, Rainbow?"

"Well, no, but," Rainbow began to respond as Bright's hand gripped the back of the wagon, ready to propel him up.

"Mistress has a plan for you, little winged girl." The voice drew mental images of shovels turning over hot coals. Bright felt his hand clench hard, and he snarled as he launched himself into the cabin of the vehicle.

His shield remained on his back, as it was too large to easily use, even for a wagon as large as the one he was in. The wagon itself was ten feet wide and twice that long, with the front half literally coated with glowing sigils that could be seen through the dark smoke rising from their midst.

Bright caught sight of the two fliers, and were he not in a life-or-death situation, would have blushed furiously. As it was, the half-breed smirked at the touch of color that came to his cheeks, despite the situation. Rainbow and her sister were tied up quite expertly, if the expert you were asking was a dom. On top of that, Rainbow must have had a bad landing, due to her hair being messy and what precious few clothes she was wearing being torn.

He spared little more than a glance their way before seeking out who they were speaking with. Turning his attention to the rest of the wagon, he saw nothing new. He checked again, and again, saw no one but the fliers. He slowly started strafing along the wall towards the girls.

“Hurry up, Bright!” Pinkie called from outside, grunting as there was the sound of metal impacting metal. “They’re getting past the golems!”

The paladin set his jaw, walking to the fliers to untie them and get out of there. He caught movement from the corner of his eye, and that was all the warning he got. Throwing himself to the side, he barely managed to dodge a two-handed swing from a massive corrupted minotaur.

He got a good look at it as it stepped forth from the cloud that obscured the front half of the vehicle. It was a massive beast, easily seven feet tall and three hundred pounds of muscle. It had a human torso, arms, and head, but that was where the similarities ended. It had two wickedly curved horns jutting out of its forehead that looked like they could skewer a conveniently placed paladin with one thrust. Its legs were like those of a bull, if that bull were bipedal. The minotaur had a thick coat of black fur from just above its hooves to its waist. It grinned as it spun the greataxe in its hands, getting ready to attack the paladin again.

“You have got to be kidding me,” Bright deadpanned as he hefted his bastard sword up into a defensive position.

The two combatants stared at each other for what seemed like hours, but was likely seconds. Bright quickly jumped to the side as the minotaur broke the stalemate first with an overhead swing of its massive axe. The floor cracked as the weapon impacted, splitting the wood with ease. Bright swallowed. He’d never had to face one of these before.

Pushing down his panic in front of the girls, he ducked under the corrupted beast’s swing. Using his new vantage point, Bright could see dozens of scars across the creature’s chest. Ignoring them, he thrust his sword awkwardly, scoring a small slice on the corrupted minotaur’s chest. It roared, lifting a foot to kick him.

He slammed his back into the other side of the wagon with a resounding crunch, clutching his stomach with his off hand. There was no doubt in his mind that he had some broken ribs. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” he groaned as he ignored the pain, swinging his sword up just in time to deflect the beast’s axe. This deflection ripped his sword from his hands, driving it point first into the floor.

He dove to the floor, barely avoiding another swing by the massive corrupted. “You’ve got to be KIDDING me!” he shouted. The minotaur advanced on the disarmed paladin slowly, savoring its victory.

“Bright, hurry up!” Pinkie called from outside. There was the sound of a blade parting flesh. “We can’t hold for long!”

“Little busy, Pinks!” he replied, dodging another overhead swing. He settled into a stance he could easily move, watching the minotaur. It snorted, shooting twin jets of shadow out of its nose. It lowered its horns slowly, and with a mighty bellow it charged at the paladin. Bright’s eyes widened as he realized that he couldn’t dodge. He had plenty of time, but Rainbow was immobile right behind him. He shifted his feet, bracing himself for a collision. Right as he felt the horns enter his body, he jerked to the right.

He heard someone shouting, but couldn’t tell who it was or what they were saying through the haze. There was something hard pressed into his back, and with a bit of thinking, he realized it was the wall of the wagon. He looked down at the twin horns piercing his stomach, knowing full well that they had hit something important on their travel through him to the wall. He chuckled a bit as he felt his body jerking around as the minotaur tried to yank its horns out of the wall. “Having a little trouble, you bastard?” his strained voice echoed unnaturally in his ears.

He saw a flash of pink and silver through his blurring vision. There was a cry of alarm from Pinkie as she saw the condition that Bright was in. One usually does not look good with two foot-long horns through your inner organs. Pinkie gave out a cry of rage as she charged the beast. Its eyes widened before her sword clove its skull in two. She didn't notice the glow her weapon gave off during that swing.

Pinkie panted as she glared at the dead beast. She whirled around and stuck her head out of the back of the wagon, calling, “Rarity, get in here! Bright’s dying!”

All eyes widened at her words, and Rarity ran to the vehicle as fast as she could, Dirk right behind her. She let out a gasp of horror as she saw the paladin. “Everyone get in here, we’re initiating phase four.”

Mac dropped the bloody rock he was holding, stepping over one of the multitude of corpses that had built up around him. He picked up the timid summoner with one arm, allowing her to continue to concentrate on controlling her constructs while retreating. The four mages threw one last spell each, before turning tail and sprinting to the wagon. Bloom threw one last knife, adding one more corrupted to the tally of creatures with knives in their faces. With a flash, Applejack appeared by the back entrance, boosting the rest of the party one at a time into the vehicle before jumping in herself.

As soon as everyone was inside, the last part of the plan was ready to be unleashed. Rarity sat in front of of Bright, mercifully blocking most of the group’s vision of his stomach. Rainbow sat quietly by the healer, still tied.

Pinkie came forward to untie the two fliers, but Rainbow shook her head. "Tell Bright he's the only one who can untie me. Make sure he knows he doesn't have permission to die." Pinkie gave her a look before nodding slowly. She moved over and untied Gilda, something the younger flier was happy for as she stretched her wings.

Rarity extended her sight, taking in the pure white aura of the paladin. It was the same color as her father's essence. She shook her head, filing that information in the back of her head as she continued her examination. She gasped as she saw the minotaur's head. Even dead, it gave off a pitch black aura. This aura was slowly draining into the fatally wounded paladin. "Pinkie!" Rarity exclaimed. "The corruption is leaking out of the creature into Bright, we need to remove it. Now."

Pinkie nodded, giving the minotaur a tug. It didn't move. With a growl, she pulled again as hard as she could, again to no avail. Right as she was entertaining the idea of cutting off the corpse's head in frustration, Mac pushed her aside. With a single mighty heave, the horns slid out of Bright's body, accompanied by the sound of cracking wood.

Rainbow grimaced at the wet sound of the minotaur's horns sliding out of the paladin's guts. Rarity wasted no time to start sealing Bright's wounds. It was a slow process, however.

While this had been happening, Snail and Flutter had been preparing. Finishing the casting of a spell, the mage threw forth grease. He coated the entire path that had been cleared by Twilight not five minutes earlier. He turned to Flutter and nodded.

With a gulp, the summoner dismissed her constructs. She shot a look at the exhausted Twilight, who gave her a weak thumbs up. The summoner created a massive hammer, easily an order of magnitude larger than the ones she had been using. With a single swing, she launched the wagon onto the makeshift slide.

The swing crushed the front half of the wagon. Twilight used the last of her energy to summon a glowing barrier between the party and whatever was on the other side. The shadow pressed against the barrier as it faltered, but Twilight managed to hold long enough that none of the shadow slipped into their half of the makeshift projectile. Her barrier, however, collapsed as the corrupted mages' mangled corpses slammed into it.

When the wagon settled, there was an unnatural silence. Nothing moved, inside the vehicle our out. Rarity broke the spell first, going back to making sure Bright didn’t bleed out any time soon.

Pinkie stuck her head out the back of the wagon, looking around for any corrupted. She heard a faint cheer from the north, and saw the corrupted running in every direction but theirs. “We’ve got a bit of a break,” she reported breathlessly. “They’re retreating.”

“Good,” Rarity said softly as Bright’s flesh started to knit itself together. “We’re going to need to carry Bright back. He’ll be barely be in condition to walk when he’s healed, let alone fight if any corrupted stayed behind.”

“Corrupted don’t—” Bright started to say, coughing.

“Bright, don’t talk!” Rarity chastised. “You’re hurt enough without straining your internal organs during the healing process.”

The paladin, wisely, shut up.

Nobody moved during the next half hour after Bright was placed on the ground to give Rarity better access to his wounds. She worked as fast as she could while not compromising on the quality of healing she gave, but it was not fast work. As soon as Rarity gave the word that he’d be okay, they all let out a collective sigh of relief.

“You’re good,” Rarity said eventually, stepping back. “Now untie Rainbow so that we can go. Mac, could you be a dear and help him up?”

Bright accepted the massive man’s offered hand, being immediately pulled to his feet. He stumbled, light headed. Mac steadied him, an act for which he gave the man a thankful look.

He gently removed himself from Mac's grip, taking slow steps over to the tied up flier. She smirked, giving him a wink. He, as usual, flushed a bright red, much to her amusement. Dropping to a knee by her side, he started to examine the ropes. After a second, he had the distinct impression that the Dark One was messing with them.

It found one of its corrupted that was knowledgeable in the art of bondage to tie up the young woman. The ropes pressed into just the right spots to accentuate her, ahem, more womanly features. Bright could feel his face get brighter and brighter as he looked for a knot to untie. When he found it, he was not happy.

"Jack, a knife, if you would?" he said. "I'm just going to cut the ropes off." The woman in question pulled out one of her countless blades, holding it out handle first.

As the paladin was about to grab it, Rainbow spoke up, "No, you can't cheat. What kind of paladin cheats?"

“You planned this, didn’t you?” Bright deadpanned.

“I did,” Rainbow said with a smirk. "I’m allowed to have ulterior motives, aren’t I? It's not like it's a big deal."

"It is for him," Snail said slowly.

"Come on, Bright," Rainbow teased. "Just reach your hands in and untie it. Be a man about it."

Bright was tomato red at this point, even with the amount of blood he lost. He reached his hands forwards slowly, stopping just short of his target and pulling back. This repeated twice more before Rainbow got frustrated. "They're just boobs, damn it! You have to be the only straight man in existence that shrinks at touching boobs!" she snapped.

Bright somehow was capable of flushing even more. He tentatively reached a hand into her cleavage, removing it like he had been burnt the second Rainbow commented, "Enjoying yourself?"

"Rainbow!" Applejack admonished. "Just let the poor man untie ya! The rest of us want to go home at some point."

"Fine," the chastised flier grumbled. "Let's just get this done."

The paladin slowly reached for her chest again. When there was no evidence of her teasing he quickly undid the knot, pulling his hands back immediately.

Bright backed up way away from the teasing flier as fast as he could. He stumbled a bit, woozy, but Mac was by his side to keep him upright. Neither Bright nor Rainbow spoke during the return trip to Baltimare. The paladin due to his humiliation, and the half-breed for her feelings of guilt over taking a joke too far.

—*~*~*—

“Darling, it’s been three days. He’ll forgive you!” Rarity exclaimed. “It was a mistake, we all make them.”

“I don’t know, Rares,” Rainbow moaned from her position lying on the healer’s bed. “He wasn’t very happy with me last time we saw each other.”

“That’s because you had just made your mistake. He’s had three days to think about it,” Rarity said softly. “Just go in there and talk to him.”

—*~*~*—

Bright groaned as he sat on the side of his bed, head held in his hands. It had been three days already, and he still wasn’t allowed to leave. Rarity was definitely protective of her patients.

He lifted his head when he heard the door open. His hopeful look fell when he saw the prismatic ponytail that could only belong to Rainbow Dash.

“What?” he asked bluntly.

The flier flinched at his tone. She took a deep breath before spouting, “I’msorrydon’thateme.”

He arched an eyebrow, saying, “Say again?”

Rainbow flushed, repeating herself slower, “I’m sorry, don’t hate me.”

Bright was silent for a moment. He thought about the last three days, realizing that he hadn’t talked with the frisky flier yet. That couldn’t be good. “Come, sit,” he said, gesturing to the bed next to him. Rainbow bit her tongue to keep from making a quip, that was the last thing she needed at this point. She sat down where he indicated, ending up to his immediate right. “I take it you want to talk?” he asked her.

She nodded, saying, “I upset you.”

“So you did,” was his reply.

Rainbow waited for a few moments for him to say something else, but it never came. She took the initiative, “I’m sorry, Bright.”

“For?” he asked.

“What do you mean, ‘for?’ “ the flier exclaimed.

“I need to make sure you are apologizing for the right reasons and truly know what you’ve done wrong before I can forgive you,” Bright explained. “It does you no good to get out of trouble without fully understanding the trouble you were in in the first place.”

She sighed. “I’m sorry I teased you and making you uncomfortable.”

“Close, but not quite,” Bright said.

Rainbow groaned, flexing her wings. The wing that was hit by the bolt was still a little sore from when Rarity healed it. “Come on, man. What did I do wrong?”

“You don’t learn by having the answers handed to you,” Bright said, grinning. “You have to figure it out for yourself.”

Rainbow let out a frustrated moan, flopping backwards onto the bed. “This won’t be easy, will it?” she asked.

“If it was easy, you would have finished it already,” the paladin pointed out. “This is part of maturing, Rainbow Dash.”

“I don’t like being mature,” she mumbled. “I like living easy, cracking sex jokes, and getting wing massages from my mom.” Bright flushed red at her words. She looked up at him sideways. “What?”

“I’d always heard that the wings of a griffon were,” he said, pausing, “erogenous zones.”

Rainbow stared at him blankly for a second before laughing. It was a hearty laugh, and directed right at him, not with him. As her laughing died down, she spoke through her chuckles, “That’s pretty good, whoever told you that. Could you imagine how great flying would feel in that case? The griffon race would die out because if you wanted to get yourself off, you’d just go flying for an hour.”

Bright’s flush intensified. “Well excuse me for not knowing the specifics of griffon anatomy,” he mumbled.

“I’ll say, though,” Rainbow said, “that wing massages feel good, in a non-sexual way. At least for most of us.”

“For most of you?” Bright asked. “What do you mean by that?”

“It’s like how some griffons—and I assume this applies to humans, too—get much more aroused from being kissed on the neck than others. The wings are like any other body part, some people just have their kinks,” Rainbow said bluntly. Bright got redder yet again, letting out an unmanly squeak. Rainbow joined him in blushing. “Right, don’t embarrass the guy who has yet to forgive you for the last time you did that. Smart move, Rainbow.”

“No, no, it’s fine,” Bright said. “It wasn’t on purpose.”

Rainbow stood up and stretched, making sure to make it as non-sensual as she could. She didn’t do a good job, if Bright’s head turn and cough were any indicator. After giving her sore wing a flex, she hung her head slightly, mumbling, “I’ll just go back and talk with Rares.”

As she reached for the doorknob, she felt a hand grab on to her other wrist. She turned back to see Bright behind her. His flush had died down a lot, but he was still an obvious pink. “So, uhm,” he began, “look. . . what I’m trying to say is. . . .”

“Use yer words, ya lunk!” Applejack exclaimed from the next room over. In actuality, she was berating her brother for not speaking, but it hit at the perfect time.

“Your wing looks sore.” The words tore out of the paladin’s mouth before he could stop them. He held his breath, awaiting the flier’s response.

“Uh,” she said hesitantly, noting that Bright hadn’t dropped her hand, “yeah, it is. It hasn’t recovered from Rarity’s healing yet. I assume your gut feels the same.”

“Do–do wing massages really feel that good?” he asked.

Rainbow’s brain shut down momentarily. Was he doing what she thought he was doing? “Are you offering to give me a wing massage?” she asked with incredulity.

The suddenly taciturn paladin just nodded.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” Rainbow exclaimed, giving him a quick and chaste hug before skipping over to the bed. She laid her chest to the mattress, allowing the paladin access to her wings through her backless blouse.

—*~*~*—

Rarity jumped when she heard her friend exclaim from Bright’s room, “Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” The healer—who was in no way a gossip and respected the privacy of her friends—immediately scooted closer to the door. It seemed that Rainbow forgot she had left her friend by the door when entering.

“Alright, now I haven’t done this before, so I won’t be all that good,” she heard Bright caution.

“I’ll guide you through,” Rainbow replied. “It’s not all that hard. First you take your hands and place them here and here.” There was a slight pause. “Alright, now squeeze and rub in those areas.” Rarity’s mouth dropped like a stone from a cliff at the words she was hearing.

“L–like this?” the paladin asked.

Rainbow let out a breathy moan, “Oh, yes.” After a few minutes of Rainbow’s moaning and Rarity’s blushing, the flier spoke up again. “Alright, I think we’re ready to move on from there.”

“Okay,” Bright said with slightly more confidence. “What now?”

“Take your finger and place it here.” A slight pause. “Okay now while rubbing your other finger here, push. You’ll know when you’ve done it riGHT!” the flier ended in a squeak. “Oh, yes!” she groaned. “That’s how you do that!” Rarity was beside herself. She had thought that they would take a few more months to get together, with how Bright acted, yet here they were. After a moment, Rainbow spoke up again, “What are you–OH!” Her next words came out as a moan, “Taking the initiative and getting the other one too.”

“I didn’t know if you’d enjoy that,” Bright’s sheepish voice spoke up.

“Most don’t,” Rainbow said, voice fluctuating. “I’m just odd.”

The healer felt faint. She heard a door open from next to her, and turned to see Applejack walk out of the room next to where Rainbow and Bright were. She took one look at Rarity’s face, paused to listen to the two in the room, and shook her head. She walked down the hall, giving the door a quick look.

There was a long, drawn out, shuddering moan from inside the room, causing Rarity’s blush to intensify. The healer decided it was high time for her to get the hell out of dodge, and retreated. The last words she heard from the duo were from Rainbow, “We need to do this again. Soon.”

—*~*~*—

Rainbow sat sinking into the semi-comfortable bed that had been supplied to Bright for the duration of the stay. Her wings and legs felt like jelly. It seemed that Bright really knew what he was doing, even when clueless.

“I agree,” Bright said, giving the jello flier a small smile.

“Where did you learn to be so good with your hands?” Rainbow asked. “There is no way that you have massaged wings before.”

“When I was an acolyte, I made many mistakes. I also was taught to be a paladin by a woman,” Bright said with a smirk. “I got real good at massages, real fast.”

“When you see her next, thank her for me,” Rainbow said from her position face into a pillow. “I owe her, like, ten drinks, just for that.”

“What do you owe me, then?” the paladin asked with unusual playfulness.

“I’d tell you, but I’m still in trouble from the last time I embarrassed you,” the flier replied without hesitance, looking up at him with half-lidded eyes. “Maybe I’ll tell you when you’re older.” Bright regained his signature flush instantaneously, causing Rainbow to giggle.

Looking at the clock on the wall, Bright sighed. “It’s getting late. You should head back to your room for some sleep.”

“Would if I could,” the woman said. “I can’t feel my legs yet, so I’m stuck here. Therefore, you're stuck with me.”

"I thought that it wasn’t an erogenous zone,” Bright deadpanned.

“It isn’t, you’re just that good,” Rainbow replied.

The paladin sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Just–scoot over."

With a momentary application of her arms, she slid over to one side of the bed. She gave a look at the rest of the bed, saying, "Twin beds aren't for two people, no matter what their name might suggest. If you want to share, we're cuddling. Not that I'd have an issue with it, mind you. In fact, I'd congradulate you on your forwardness."

Bright deadpanned, "Maybe I'll just go sleep in your bed.”

“You don’t strike me as the type to be that forward,” Rainbow teased. “You’d at least take me to dinner first. Also, Rarity says you aren't allowed out of your room yet.” The paladin sighed, accepting his fate. He hesitantly say on the edge of the bed, making the woman roll her eyes. "It's just sharing a bed, Bright. It's not a big deal."

The paladin laid down facing away from the frisky flier. He heard some rustling from behind him and dismissed it as the winged woman getting comfortable. Seconds later a light blue shirt was tossed over his head, making him blush furiously. It was going to be one of those nights.

—*~*~*—

Pinkie opened her door late at night with the full intentions of getting some restful sleep. She waljed into the room she shared with Bright, stripping down with a sigh. It wasn't often that she got to sleep without her armor on, and she was going to get as much mileage off of this break as she could.

Suddenly she heard a very unmasculine grunt from Bright's bed, accompanied by the sound of rustling sheets.

The young woman stepped over to the man's bed with curiosity filling her mind. What she found accrued more questions than it answered. Bright was sleeping on his back, as he was wont to do. What was unusual was his companion. The rainbow-haired woman was cuddled up against his side, resting her head on the side of the man's chest. His arm was draped over her shoulder and down her arm in a sleeping embrace.

On a second look, the winged woman was revealed to be scantily clad. Her only article of clothing was a tight-fitting piece of leather wrapped around her hips and groin. Pinkie felt her eyebrow raise at the sight in front of her. She would have more than a few questions for Bright in the morning.

As the young paladin-to-be sat down on her bed to finish undressing, she heard Rainbow start moaning in her sleep. "Do that again, Bright," she was saying. There was a pause before she continued, "Oh, yeah. Right there."

Pinkie felt her face start to live up to her name. Maybe she'd bunk with Trixie for the night.