• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 11,373 Views, 77 Comments

Raised on an Apple Farm - jkreader



It's summer in Equestria, and this summer, Apple Bloom and her cousin Babs find a lost and abandoned human child in the barn at Sweet Apple Acres

  • ...
8
 77
 11,373

Chapter 4 - Princess Celestia and the Threat

Chapter 4 - Princess Celestia and the Threat

For the rest of the day, Twilight and Applejack introduced Mike to the rest of their friends. Fluttershy was the next one they introduced Mike to. She was rather interested at seeing a new creature she had only heard Twilight talk about. While they were there, they had lunch with her as well. Mike was in awe at all the animals Fluttershy had at her cottage. Angel seemed to take a strong liking to Mike when the two were introduced to each other, even though Angel was a bit stubborn at times.

Rainbow Dash was the next one after the three of them were done at Fluttershy’s cottage. Rainbow picked Mike up off of Applejack’s back and examined him all over, gently running her hooves over him, and looking at his hands too. Mike was a little nervous of being in Rainbow’s forelegs, but Applejack assured him she meant no harm.

Pinkie Pie was the last one Mike met. It didn’t start out that well at first, because Pinkie got right in Mike’s face, scaring him, but after Twilight explained to Pinkie Mike’s delicate situation, she eased up very considerably and apologized for scaring him. She even gave him a free cupcake, which he enjoyed.

Later, they arrived back at the library. Spike was inside sweeping the main room when they came in. He looked up and smiled.

“Hey guys,” he said.

“Hello Spike,” Twilight said, “How’d your time with Rarity go?”

“A day with Rarity is always wonderful,” he said dreamily. He then regained composure and continued. “I saw the letter you wrote to Princess Celestia and sent it, by the way.”

“Thanks Spike,” Twilight said smiling.

Spike beamed and was about to continue sweeping, when he suddenly belched. This startled Mike a little bit as he tightened his grip around Applejack’s neck. Applejack noticed and reached a forehoof behind her to rub his shoulders.

“It’s okay sugarcube,” she said, “That’s just how Spike receives letters from Princess Celestia.”

Mike relaxed a little and loosened his grip. Spike grabbed the letter and read it.

Dear Applejack,

I will be stopping by your farm in the evening to see this human you and your family found for myself. I am sorry to hear about what he has been through and I send him my deepest sympathies.

See you this evening,

Princess Celestia

Applejack looked over at the clock to see that it was 4:30.

“Shoot!” she said, “I need to go get Apple Bloom and Babs! If Princess Celestia is comin’ to our farm, we’ll need to make sure were ready for her. See ya later, Twi, Spike.”

“Bye, Applejack!” Spike said, “Bye, Mike!”

“See you both later,” Twilight said as the two of them headed out.

***

Later, after gathering up her sister and her cousin, the three ponies and one human arrived at Sweet Apple Acres at 4:50. With 10 minutes to spare before Princess Celestia arrived, Applejack sent Mike, Apple Bloom, and Babs upstairs to clean themselves up. She then went into the kitchen where Granny Smith and Big Mac were getting things ready for dinner.

“Granny, Big Mac,” she said coming in.

“How’d your day go?” Granny asked.

“Well, everypony got along with Mike pretty well,” Applejack explained, “But now we have Princess Celestia comin’ over to visit any minute now.”

“Princess Celesita, eh?” Granny asked, “Well, let’s get eatin’ then.”

After Mike and the fillies came down, they all had dinner. After finishing up, there was a knock at the door. Babs went to answer it and went wide eyed when she saw Princess Celestia standing there.

“Your Highness!” she said quickly bowing.

“Rise my little pony,” Celestia said to her. Babs lifted her head up and saw Celestia smiling down at her. "May I come in?"

Babs stepped to the side to allow the Princess entry. Celestia walked in, and Babs closed the door behind her.

"Applejack!" she called, "Princess Celestia is here!"

"Show her into the living' room Babs!" Applejack called back, "We'll all be there in a minute!"

"Follow me, Yer Majesty," Babs said. She led Celestia into the living room, where she proceeded to lay out a pillow for her to lay on.

"Thank you," Celestia said smiling as she laid down on the pillow. She then looked back towards Babs as she'd jumped up onto the couch. "You're Babs Seed, Applejack's cousin from Manehatten, correct?"

"That's right," Babs said, "I'm visiting for the whole summer."

Soon, hoofsteps entered the room. Applejack, Apple Bloom, Granny Smith, and Big Mac came in, each of them bowing respectfully at Princess Celestia.

"Hello, Princess," Applejack said.

"Hello, Applejack," Celestia said, "It's wonderful to see you again. Twilight wrote to me about a human your sister and cousin found last night. Where is he?"

Applejack had a look of confusion as she looked around the room for Mike.

"That's weird," she said, "He was right next to me a moment ago."

There was some movement out of the corner of Celestia's eye as she looked over to the living room doorway. She saw a small pair of eyes peeking out from behind, but they ducked behind the doorway when her eyes made contact with them. She called out to the child.

"It's alright, little one," she said, "I won't hurt you."

The Apples all looked over to where Celestia was looking. Mike slowly and hesitantly came out from behind the doorway. He stared at Princess Celestia in awe and fear. He was mesmerized by her colorful, sparkling, and waving mane and tail. He then quickly made his way over to Applejack and hugged his arms around her foreleg as he continued looking at Princess Celestia.

Applejack hooked her free foreleg around Mike and rubbed his back reassuringly. She then looked at Princess Celestia. "Princess, this is Mike," she said. "Mike, this is one of Equestria's rulers, Princess Celestia."

Mike didn't say anything as he continued looking at the tall alicorn but waved slowly. Princess Celestia smiled.

"Hello Michael," she said, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well."

Mike was surprised that she knew the full version of his first name. Celestia lifted a foreleg and motioned for him to come closer. Mike looked at Applejack unsure if he should or not, but a nod from Applejack said that he would be okay. Slowly, he let go of Applejack's foreleg as walked towards Princess Celestia. Celestia gently wrapped her foreleg around him and brought him in for a hug. Mike suddenly felt relaxed as Princess Celestia hugged him. He returned the hug and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too, Princess Celestia," he said.

***

Meanwhile, at the Golden Oaks Library, Twilight and Spike were just finishing up their dinner. While Spike was cleaning the dishes, there was a knock at the door. Twilight answered it and saw the Princess of the Night standing at her door.

"Princess Luna!" she said quickly bowing.

"No need for that now, Twilight Sparkle," Luna said, "You are a princess now too, don't forget."

"Right," Twilight said standing back up, "Force of habit. So what brings you here?"

"Something that may danger Equestria greatly," she said gravely.

"What do you mean?" Twilight asked curiously.

"An ancient evil, someone Celestia and I have thought to have beaten long ago has returned," Luna said, "And I sensed it when the young human Applejack found arrived."

"Who is it?" Twilight asked.

"I shan't say his name, because if you do, he's there in an instant to strike you down," Luna said, "but he is very dangerous. He's the only one who's given me and Tia a run for our money in using the Elements. But there is a common factor he shares with young Michael."

"What's that?" Twilight said getting a little nervous. Luna took a deep breath and looked at Twilight very seriously.

"They both come from the same world."

Author's Note:

Sorry I took so long in writing ths chapter. I've had writer's block in this one, but here it is.