• Published 15th Oct 2013
  • 8,186 Views, 822 Comments

The Start of Something New - Rhino



No one ever said being a new parent was easy, especially if your wife is a changeling. Regardless, there is a little one on the way, and Rhino and Gel will have to learn how to be parents, as well as dealing with the first pony-changeling hybrid.

  • ...
12
 822
 8,186

Chapter 30: Who you know

Emotions are a natural thing, and it is equally as natural to want to convey them. When one's main method is to pout and you don't want your child to learn about it, all you can do is bottle your emotions.

This is what a certain navy nymph is doing, resting her chin on the table as she pokes at the pile of glowing gems before her.

"It's not like I exactly hid it, you know." Rhino says, gently rubbing her back.

"You still cheated..." She sighs, then lifts one up in her magic. Another sigh and it's set on fire, much to her chagrin. "...I'm not the best at hiding my emotions..."

"You don't have to be." He pulls her into a hug, nuzzling her. "Of course, it wasn't really meant to be a game, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You still won by default since everypony else cheated. I could get you a prize."

"You still lied to me..."

Dior grins cheekily, stopping her nuzzling of the red stallion to speak to his friend. "You'll need to make her sore another way to forgive you."

Rhino blushes, kissing his wife's cheek and whispering. "Is that what you want?"

She blushes and nods, putting the ashes of the gem into the sink. "...maybe..."

"Well, once Ruby is asleep, I can start... 'making up' to you." He sneaks a kiss onto her lips after his smoldering words.

She smiles, pulling him into a deeper kiss and holding him there.

At the same time, Ruby is messing with a pink diamond, tapping it with a hoof and trying to roll it around the table. Failing to do so, she sticks out her tongue and smacks it, hitting Hydro briefly before it lands on Dior's head.

The red stallion rubs the spot where it hit him. "She's got a good hit there."

"Looks like it." She looks at the gems in the pile. "Hope she doesn't do anything dangerous with all of those..."

Satisfied that Gel will forgive him, Rhino breaks the kiss and holds her as he speaks. "I'll be getting rid of them after this. It seems like we found them in time."

Dior blinks, looking at him in confusion over the filly who's chewing on her namesake. "What do you mean?"

He flips one over in his magic. "Well, you know I told you the spells were for audio and visual transmitting? Well, they weren't actually on. It seems like they had activating enchantments from another location and the triggers had not been flipped when we found them."

"...that's... odd?" The nymph scrunches her muzzle, nudging the pile in confusion. "Why did they put them there and not activate any?"

"I'm not really sure, it doesn't make sense." He scratches his chin thoughtfully. "Not that I'm complaining about them not watching us."

"I think we should at least be prepared." Gel frowns quietly, tapping the table get rid of some nervous energy. "How would we disarm this enchantment, if they have more hidden?"

As soon as she says this, the chandelier above them starts flashing. Ruby, eyes glittering in excitement, pulls the source of the light down and starts sucking on the blue crystal. It flashes twice as everyone watches before losing its glow.

"...what was that?" Dior looks at Hydro incredulously, pointing at the scene.

The earth pony tries to translate the whole thing. "I think she found another one when it was activated or something."

Another gem on the table blinks twice before going out.

Gel's eyes widen and she turns to the stove, taking out an old pot and stuffing as many still-glowing gems as she can inside.

Rhino narrows his eyes, helping her do so. "I think they know we know."

"Yea, we need to hurry!" She tosses one away that was blinking twice before slamming a clear lid over the metal container. Taking a deep breath, she spits, over and over, completely covering the battered, old dish and cover with that clear blue slime of hers.

With that done, she falls on her back, panting heavily.

"Was she trying to preserve them?" Hydro asks, hoof raised above another one, ready to break it.

Dior looks through the lid, eyes narrowed. "...it would appear so... her gel blocks magic, so maybe..."

"Maybe...?" He urges her to continue.

"...maybe it's working." She looks at him, grinning in excitement. "They're all still glowing."

"Gel, love, you alright?" Rhino gently pats her cheek.

She smiles weakly up at him, placing her hoof on his. "...I'm glad it worked..."

Her husband leans down and nuzzles her. "You scared me. It was a good idea, though."

"Sorry..." She gives a sheepish smile, then hugs him gently.

Dior intervenes, pointing to the piles of unlit jewels. "...so... any chance those other ones might still have a signature on them?"

He nods. "Yeah, they all do. There were a few different ones, but it's all the same spell."

"But it's not the spying spell." Gel taps the pot's handle with a smile. "These do. So we're taking them to Twilight."

It takes a Hydro a moment to get it. "Oh, they purged the ones she didn't safeguard? I didn't get that at first."

"It took me a bit, too, to be honest." Dior looks to her daughter with a smile. "I'm glad she caught on quickly, at least."

Rhino grins proudly, pulling the nymph up. "My genius wife."

"To be fair, I saw it before." She giggles, nipping his nose. "Thank you for letting me watch your hobby, love."

"You're very welcome." He gives her a smooch before checking on Ruby, as is habit nowadays.

He finds her poking at the pile and whining. Seeing him looking at her, she holds up a darkened gem and sniffles. "Daddy ba?"

"Daww..." He leans down and nuzzles her, taking the gem. Working a bit of magic, he clears it of enchantments and puts in a soft glow one, offering it to her afterward.

She squeals in happiness, taking it from him and hugging it to her chest. "T'anks, daddy!"

"You're very welcome, Ruby." He plants a kiss on her head.

Hydro chuckles, looking to Dior. "Wrapped around her hoof and never getting let go."

"Like you wouldn't be if we had a foal." She sticks her tongue out at him.

"Maybe... I'd probably have to see them first." He chuckles, trying to imagine it.

Gel blinks, looking at them curiously. "...beg pardon, but I think I just heard you not be against bedding my mother."

"That does sound odd when you say it that way." Hydro admits.

The stone changeling hugs his foreleg, quietly huffing. "I just see it as our relationship going somewhere."

Rhino looks at them both curiously. "Do you plan on waiting until after you get your new body?"

Her only response is to blush brightly.

Gel swallows, slowly approaching her. "...mom?"

The smaller changeling coughs, averting her gaze. "...I'm fine with whatever he prefers..."

Hydro coughs awkwardly, looking away, while Rhino seems absorbed in the implication.

"...I'm just... going to take this to Twilight, now..." Gel stiffly walks away, carrying the pot away by one of its handles.

"Are you good to go on your own?" Rhino checks reflexively.

"...I might want you to come with me," she admits, stopping in the kitchen doorway.

"And Ruby?" He nuzzles said foal.

She chuckles, looking back at him with a smile. "Naturally. Did you want to bring the pets, too?"


Scooping up the foal, he walks over to her side. "As much as I want to keep an eye on them, it wouldn't be good to move them when Selena is ready to give birth anytime now."

She blinks, looking rather ashamed. "It wouldn't? But... we can, can't we? You and I swam when I was pregnant with Ruby..."

He holds up a hoof. "When you were early on, yes, plus swimming is usually fine for pregnancy because it takes weight off you."

When the nymph is left speechless, her mother chuckles, elbowing the stallion next to her. "I think he's starting to learn from the best how to win an argument."

Hydro chuckles, nudging her with his muzzle. "I told him: focus on what you know you're right about and cling to it."

"Maybe he just learned from watching me win so often." She sticks her tongue out at him.

"Or you think you do." He counters with a playful smirk.

"Oh, have you only been keeping track of your wins?" She shakes her head, turning and nipping his nose in response.

As the two go back and forth, Rhino comments quietly to Gel, having been watching. "I think they're made for each other."

His wife frowns, tapping her chin thoughtfully. "...you sure they aren't just cut from the same cloth?"

"Well, maybe..." he opens the door for them as they head out, Ruby still having the glowing green gem. "You're okay with them being together right?"

"As long as they don't start getting frisky in front of me, I'm fine." She shivers at the very thought.

"Yeah..." he quickly shakes his head. "Let them do that at their own place."


Meanwhile, another large household across town is having its own discussing around the table. This one, however, is that of a lighter topic had over a traditional large dinner.

Unlike normal, however, the household is hosting a couple more ponies than normal.

Luster takes another bite of the salad they'd brought over, smiling warmly. Thank you again for letting us come over so late.

A yellow filly swallows her current mouthful, pouting at her granny. "Why is she allowed to talk with her mouth full?"

"Cause she ain't talkin' with her mouth, she's talkin' with her head." The eldest Apple laughs, patting the littlest one's head. "You learn to do that and you won't get fussed at for that any more."

Apple Bloom promptly turns to the other yellow pony at the table, eyes wide and pleading. "Can you two teach me?"

The yellow mare across from her, Fiddlesticks to some, Octavia to others, laughs demurely. "Well, that would have to be on Luster, seeing as I just think and she reads them."

The nymph in question gives her a lidded look, causing everyone except the filly to gain a pink tint to their cheeks. "...what'd she say? An' why wasn't Ah allowed t' hear it?"

"Just an adult thing you don't need to worry about." The mare clears her throat lightly.

"Then why're ya actin' like Sweetie around a cute colt?" She points at her burning cheeks accusingly.

"Aaaanyway," Applejack says loudly, drawing the attention to her. "How's the musical road been lately, you two?"

As the filly pouts, the nymph grimaces a bit. It... could be better?

While Tavi strokes the filly's mane soothingly, the orange mare inquires. "What, not the season for it?"

She grimaces and looks away. Not exactly...

Deciding to jump in the awkward silence that follows, Apple Bloom holds up a fork with some spaghetti on it. "Miss Fiddlesticks, granny can't explain yer relationship. Can you?"

"Hmph, I didn't say that, I said the details didn't matter much..." the elder mare grumbles.

"Well, if I remember the family tree correctly..." Fiddlesticks taps her chin. "I believe I'm a third cousin of Granny Smith. So a fourth cousin of you, Applebloom."

"Not that!" She points a hoof at her, then at Luster. "Yer relationship! Is she secretly a stallion?"

Drone.

"So ya admit it!" She beams, proud to have figured it out, if erroneously.

Fiddlesticks laughs, holding a good over her mouth. "No, dear. She was simply correcting you terminology. I assure you she is one hundred percent female."

"Then how are you two having a foal?"

There's silence for the briefest of moments before a single thought breaks it.

What?

Applejack rubs the back of her head, voice sheepish. "Yeah, she picked up on that pretty quick, not that we tend to keep new family members secret."

"Yep! Still doesn't answer mah question, since the book Diamond Tiara left behind at school said only mares and stallions could do it." She looks up at the ceiling, frowning. "Still don't get how hugging makes foals..."

"...nope." Big Mac gets up, rushing out the room past the couple with his ears folded against his head. "Nope nope nope nope nope..." His voice fades away as he goes upstairs and gets further away from them.

As Granny Smith cackles, Applejack, taps her hat. "Mac doesn't like the thought of Apple Bloom growing up, or at least he doesn't like thinking about this step."

Isn't that true for most siblings, though? Luster smirks, pointing a hoof at Applejack. How do you feel about Big Mac and Manila sleeping together? And apparently bouncing on the bed well into the night? She glances over at Apple Bloom, who is back to slurping her pasta.

The Element of Honesty adopts a neutral face as she responds flatly. "I'm glad he's happy and I don't let thoughts go any further than that."

"Mac has plenty of stamina for her." Granny comments mischievously, watching Applejack's face go red.

There's silence for a moment as Luster stares at the farmpony, the mare's face slowly getting darker than even Big Mac's coat.

Ignorant of the nymph's coy look, Apple Bloom looks at Octavia. "Ya still didn't answer mah question, y'know."

"Well, while we had quite a few options, we ended up getting help from a friend in order to have a foal." She gently rubs the bump on her wife's stomach, smiling happily.

The filly's brow furrows. "Why are ya rubbing her belly? Did I not help with cookin' right?" She looks to her sister apologetically.

Applejack's redness seems to drain a bit as she pats the bow on the filly's head. "Nah, Bloom, she's patting her belly because that's where the foal is right now."


She scrunches up her muzzle. "...I don't get it."

"And I'm fine with that." AJ finishes with a nod.

"No fair!"

Luster quietly smiles, nudging her wife. This family is fun.

"Agreed." Octavia smiles at her. "I'm glad you suggested I reacquaint myself with them."

This is just the first step, you know. She winks, then finishes off her plate.

Octavia does the same, looking over at her and thinking to keep the conversation quiet. What would be the next step?

Your own family, for one thing. She rubs her throat, grimacing a bit. As painful as it might seem for you, it was worse for me.

Her ears fold. Yes... I wonder what they will say when they find out you were their daughter, too...

Oh, they found out... in the wrong way. She leans against her, tuning back into the conversation.

"A tomato is a fruit, not a vegetable!" Apple Bloom huffs. "Ya can't just say apples're the only fruit we eat! So why can't we grow 'em, too?"

"It's not that we can't, it's just that we can't do big fields of 'em because we don't have the time or money to invest in something brand new!" Applejack counters.

Octavia simply puts a foreleg around Luster, nuzzling her.

Granny Smith watches this all, sipping from her glass of orange juice with a look that dares anyone to question her.

...this took an odd turn... Luster picks up a glass and a fork and taps them together to get attention. If I may intervene, why don't you just start with a small patch and work from there?

"I know she has one for carrots!" Apple Bloom frowns at her sister. "I see her sneaking a big one up to her room every night for a midnight snack!"

As both Fiddlesticks and Applejack blush, Granny guffaws and hoofbumps the filly. "Atta girl, keep her honest."

So, if I may ask... Luster uses her glass to nudge the flustered farmer. ...who are you imagining?

"Umm, I, er..." Her lips scrunch up as she looks anywhere but the nymph. "No one?"

You know I'll just guess names until I get it right. Her eyes narrow at the orange mare. And you aren't anywhere near as good as Rhino at hiding your emotions.

The filly glances back and forth between the two of them. "...what is she saying, Miss Fiddlesticks?"

As Applejack sullenly offers a name, Octavia smiles at Applebloom. "Luster just had a question for her related to what I may think is the favorite changeling pastime."

She tilts her head, confused. "Pastime?" She yelps as the nymph jumps up and takes Applejack by the foreleg, dragging her out of the house with ease.

"... I wonder what she told her..." The remaining mare asks, blinking before looking back at the filly. "I mean the changeling pastime of making more love by matchmaking. All of them seem to do it to some degree."

A blank expression makes itself at home on the filly's face. "...even Chrysalis?"

"...okay maybe not all." She admits.

Apple Bloom slowly nods, looking in the direction of where they left. "...what do ya think they're doin'?"

"I'm not really sure..." She looks at where they had left.

"I'm sure it's nothin bad." Granny Smith waves a hoof. "Just a private conversation."

They hear the front door close loudly.

Looking worried, Octavia rises from her seat. "Perhaps I should check on them."

"They're probably headed where her crush is." The filly sighs, poking at the pie. "Who knows where that is?"

"Oh dear... I hope she comes home at a decent time." She bites her lip.

Then, as if in response to her words, a single thought comes across the mind link.

Checking out books!

"Oh... well at least that's not too far." Turning back to the others, she smiles. "Thank you once again for having us over for dinner."

Apple Bloom beams, hurrying over to hug the other yellow pony. "It was fun! Can ya come over again, soon?"

"Oh, I'm sure I will." Fondly stroking the filly's head, she continues. "If you'll have me, that is."

"Course we will, wouldn't be much of a family if we turned down good kin." The matron retorts.

"What she said!" The filly grins. "Can ya make the food, next time? I hear it's good!"

"What sorts of things did you want me to make?" She asks, curious.

"Can we get some other fruits, like we had tonight?" She beams brightly. "Like bananas, or peaches... maybe we can have cream puffs, like Mrs. Gel likes?"

The mare immediately nods with a grin. "I'm sure we can do all of that."

"Yay!" She hugs the mare tight once more before rushing off. "Be right back! Invitin' the Crusaders!"


Granny looks to Fiddlesticks with a soft smile. "Hope that's alright, I know you two usually don't cook for so many ponies."

She nods. "It's fine, it could be interesting, and a chance to practice large scale cooking doesn't seem like a bad thing."

A certain red head pokes back into the dining room, peering around a bit before the stallion steps back over to his plate. He continues to eat, avoiding eye contact.

The elder mare huffs. "And here I thought you might end up going to bed without supper."

He swallows before shaking his head. "Nope." Glancing over at the yellow pony, he gently pokes her shoulder. "So... where'd yer wife take mah sister?"

"To the library, apparently." She shrugs. "I'm not quite certain why."

He thinks for a bit, tapping his chin as he chews. He gives a shrug as he offers up a suggestion. "Datin' books?"

"Hmm... she did say she was getting books, so maybe." She starts clearing her dishes.

Big Mac chuckles and finishes up his dinner. "Ah'll go ahead and take those. We're hostin', after all."

"Aren't you still eating?" She asks, confused.

"Ah'll finish while cleanin' up." He takes the used dishes from the table and puts them on his back, walking into the kitchen soon after.

Granny Smith cackles lightly as she sees Fiddlesticks still standing there with her dishes. "Looks like he missed one, why don't you go lend him a hoof? Big Mac chats better one on one."

She nods, smiling at the elder mare and following where the stallion had gone.

She sees him setting the dishes down in the sink and a plate of spaghetti right next to it. His ear twitches and he turns to look at her, giving her a small smile before turning and taking a bite out of his meal.

"I could help, if you don't mind." She offers, walking over with her dishes.

"Ah think Ah'd appreciate that." He smiles, moving closer to his plate to make room.

She moves to stand next to him, getting the sink ready. "Have you done this eating and cleaning combination before?"

"Once 'r twice." He takes another bite, glancing over at her as he takes hold of the first dish.

"Do you want to wash or dry?" She holds up a towel for one and the soap for the other.

He takes the latter as he swallows. "Better do this, or the soap'll get ev'rywhere."

She snorts playfully. "You think I'd be messy with soap?"

"...I'm tryin' not to imagine it." He faces forward and starts to clean, ignoring the bit of warmth he can feel in his cheeks. Too bad it's visible to the mare beside him.

She giggles, putting the towel on her hoof and waiting for the first dish. "So... are you better after having time to cool off during dinner?"

"Eeyup." He smiles and offers her a newly-clean plate.

As she dries it,s he continues. "It's amazing what little ones pick up from what they hear and see."

"Eeyup." He takes another bite of his food, glancing at her once more.

"I'm not delaying your bites too much, am I?" She sets the dish to the side.

"Nope." He smiles and puts a hoof on her shoulder. "Yer doin' great, Fiddlesticks."

She relaxes at his words, smiling softly as she looks back towards the dishes. "Thank you, Big Macintosh."

"No need for that." He chuckles, turning back to his food. "Jus' call me Big Mac. Or Mac, if ya prefer."

She smiles. "Well, I'd say the same for me, but you already know the multiple names I go by."

"Eeyup." He chuckles, smiling at her a moment before offering another dish. "Only found out 'bout Octavia recently, though."

"Well, it's still somewhat a secret." She takes it to dry. "I'd say it's a family and friends thing, but I'm pretty sure plenty of Ponyville has it figured out."

"Fair enough." He takes another bite, finishing his meal off before putting it into the sink to soak a bit. "You've really grown, ya know."

The mare turns her head to him, confused. "Excuse me?"

He raises an eyebrow at her. "Ya don't remember?"

"Umm, no I'm afraid I don't. I assume I was very young." Her eyes are wide as she looks at him.

He rolls his eyes playfully. "Or 'twas your wife." He chuckles heartily. "It was the cutest thing. Ya asked t' be mah special somepony, even though you had no idea what it was."

Her mouth scrunches up as two emotions war within her. One shows itself in red embarrassment on her cheeks, while the other escapes as a soft coo of delight at the cute thought.

"Now, seein' the mare you grew up t' be..." He pauses for a moment, chewing the inside of his cheek. "...Ah guess Ah'm glad Ah didn't take ya up on it, 'cause there's no tellin' what it'd change."

She blinks, offended for a slight moment before she smiles and gives him a small hug. "Spoken like somepony who really cares."

"Eeyup." He chuckles, hugging her in return. "Could ya imagine what'd happen if Ah did? Our special someones might've found each other, instead!"

She pauses, thinking of that. "..It'd still be cute."

Or we could've ended up in one big herd. A certain indigo changeling slides between the two of them, startling the stallion who apparently hadn't heard her.

He glances around the kitchen, frowning in confusion. "Where's mah sis?"

Still studying. She smirks, a twinkle in her eye as she hugs Fiddlesticks happily. Miss me?

"Very much." She gently rubs noses with the expecting ling before giving her a quick smooch. "But the family was kind enough to let me hang around and chat while you were gone."

I heard the tail end of that conversation. She grins at her. And I'll let you know that I made no such promise.

She blinks, blush coming back. "Oh... so it was me." She smiles sheepishly at the stallion.

"Hey, at least ya didn't ask fer a kiss." He chuckles and pats her head, passing her the last dish as he gets started on the glasses.

"Yes, though I wonder if I would have even known what that was." She smiles at the innocent though as she dries.

I think you might've. She giggles, pulling the two of them closer together. Just to be sure, can you two kiss?

"L-Luster! We're both happily married!" She smiles apologetically to Mac.

Correction: he's about to be married. She glances over her shoulder at the calendar on the wall. ...tomorrow.

The stallion shakes his head. "Regardless, it would be cheatin' on Manila, an' Ah can't do that t' her."

"Thank you." She smiles sweetly at him before giving a raised eyebrow to her wife. Did our stud session give you a taste for something?

She stares blankly at her for a moment. You forgot all changelings are bi again, didn't you?

Not what I meant, since I am well aware of that. She gives her a look.

I have no idea what you mean. She smiles warmly, then pulls her into a deep kiss.

Fiddlesticks makes a small noise of surprise before she leans into the kiss, tail wagging.

Big Mac gently nudges the mare's shoulder with a wet glass. "If you two're gonna get distracted with a kiss, can Ah at least get t' the towels?"

Octavia breaks the kiss, blushing. "Oh, my apologies, Big Mac. I'll get back to drying." She goes to pick up the towel once more.

As he hands her the glass, Luster sneaks over to the yellow pony's other side and gives her a nudge, pressing the two of them against each other.

She smiles apologetically at the stallion.

He chuckles softly, hugging her with a foreleg once more. "If ya wanted another, all ya had t' do was ask."

Luster silently snickers at this, waggling her eyebrows teasingly at her wife.

She snorts, flicking her lightly with her tail. "I'm onto you."

Like you wouldn't want a night with him before he's off the market. She sticks her tongue out and leaves the room.

"...what all was she saying to you, by the way?" The stallion in question places another glass on the counter in front of her.

"... mischievous things based off what I said when I was tiny." She answers vaguely with a blush.

He thinks for a moment before it clicks. "...oh." His brow furrows a bit. "Are all changelings like that? Overly libidinous?"

"Libi... oh. I've never heard that word, but I get it." She looks thoughtful. "I'm not sure about all of them, it might be hormones, or she might just be in a good mood. Strangely enough, they never seem to group up and matchmake, they seem to prefer doing it on their own."

"Maybe so they can claim they made love happen by themselves." He chuckles softly, shaking his head as he offers her two glasses.

She dries them. "Maybe... at least it's for a good cause."

"Eeyup." He hands her two more glasses before turning and walking to a nearby cabinet.

She looks after him, curious what he's getting.

He pulls out some apple juice, smiling warmly. "Ah figured we could use a li'l drink after that. Nothing alcoholic, of course."

"Well, it's not like I'm against the occasional spirit, but thank you." She smiles, holding up the two glasses she just dried.

"Ah figured that, if yer wife wanted t' join, we wouldn't have to exclude her." He chuckles, pouring them both a good amount before setting the bottle on the counter.

"Let me see..." Luster, would you like some juice?

...what kind of juice are we talking?

Apple. Big Mac has graciously provided some.

...it's just normal apple juice, isn't it? There's an audible sigh through the link. I was hoping for something juicier...

Octavia finds herself blushing even more. Wow... you are really in the mood today.

I'm just gonna be honest, it's incredibly hot to see you be bent over by a stallion and rutted.

Having made the mistake of taking a sip of her drink, the mare on the receiving end of that statement finds herself sputtering as she hears it. I... you... that... umm... noted? Wait, how would even know? You've never seen that before!

As Big Mac gently pats her on the back, Luster responds, Rhino had you like that a couple times, that night.

Oh, right... She feels her thoughts get warm. Umm... maybe this is a conversation to have at our own home? I feel like it's going to be a long one.

...only if I'm allowed to fantasize about you and Mac, and maybe try to convince them to give you a good time.

"Fiddlesticks? You alright?" He gently brushes a lock of Mane behind her ear. "Ya look like a red delicious. What's yer wife sayin'?"

That is not the kind of family bonding I came here for! "She is..." She takes a deep breath and lets it out. "She's being quite lewd. We might need to head home soon if she continues."

"Ah see..." He awkwardly rubs the back of his neck.

You don't want to have fun with your foalhood crush? Too bad. There's a small pause. Wanna watch while we do it, then?

Her eye twitches and she adopts a sweet smile. "Big Mac, thank you very much for the juice and the chat. I look forward to the next dinner. For now though, I'm afraid I need to drag my wife home for a number of reasons."

His response is cut off by a loud clap of thunder, which makes the both of them jump. They turn to the window, which now has raindrops hammering against it.

Did I forget to mention that there was a large thunderstorm scheduled for this evening, over the whole farm?

As she glances out the window, she adopts a neutral expression. I've walked through rain before.

Ever walked through a lightning storm with a living lightning rod?

... fine, but I'm keeping you to myself and we are discussing these thoughts of yours. Turning back to the stallion, she looks at him sheepishly. "Would it be alright if we asked for a room? It appears we waited too long."

"Not at all. You can take mine." He nods to the doorway. "Ah'll take the couch."

She nods. "Normally I would be polite and say no, but seeing how Luster is acting, a door is probably necessary."

"Ah figured." He winks and finishes his drink, placing the cup in the sink. "Come on, let's get ya to yer room."

"Thank you once more." She smiles at him as they head into the next room, one part of her wondering if Luster has done anything while she wasn't keeping an eye on her.

She finds her having an intense staring match with the matriarch of the Apple family.

"What did I miss?" She walks over, curious.

Intense debate with Granny. She smirks a bit. I think I'm winning, and then we can get you that herd.

"Excuse me?!" She latches onto the nymph, physically pulling her away. "Come on, you. We're going to our room."

Noooo! I was so close!

I told you we would talk first. You are just... I don't even know, today. We are going upstairs, we are going to cuddle, and we are going to talk.

Unless screaming in bliss is talking, I don't think we'll be talking much, tonight. She flutters her eyelashes at her.

Octavia shivers a bit. "If it'll get you calmer..." I'm in.