• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 6,192 Views, 256 Comments

Conspiracy - FallBlau



Twilight Sparkle plunges Equestria into the depths of deprivation as she skillfully plots against her former friends and confidants, using any means at her disposal to claw her way to power.

  • ...
39
 256
 6,192

Finis

“And so you see, my dear Twilight, that is the reason I simply cannot allow you to become a Princess.”

Twilight looked at her mentor with wonder and disbelief and she stood in her regal posture atop her throne, sipping on her tea.

“Princess Celestia, that story was…disturbing. You think that I would murder your sister, sleep with my brother, enslave Equestria, and then trick my friends into assassinating you to gain power over the realm?”

“Anything is possible,” she replied shrugging.

“Forgive me, Princess, but you have a very vivid and paranoid imagination.”

Celestia laughed.

“Well of course I do Twilight! You don’t get to rule over a realm like mine for over a thousand years without being just a tiny bit paranoid.”

“How do you sleep at night worrying about such ludicrous things?”

“Oh that’s easy. I just purge all of those ponies close to me every five years or so. Did you never once wonder what happened to my favorite pupils before this? Why it just so happened that you got to be my personal apprentice just as you came of age? Do you think that all happens by accident?”

A knot twisted itself in Twilight’s stomach and her hooves began to tremble.

“Does that mean…I’m next?” she gulped.

“See, if I told you that, it would ruin all the fun.”

“Sister, stop it! You’re scaring her!” Luna said, lightly batting her sister as she trotted into the room. “Look at her, she’s frightened to death, poor thing.”

Luna gave Twilight a hug.

“So, none of that is true?” Twilight asked, not sure if they were being serious at all anymore.

“No of course not,” Celestia said. “You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of…or do you!? DUUUH!”

Luna snatched away the flashlight Celestia was holding underneath her face.

“Aw, spoil sport,” Celestia pouted.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief.

“Well, I’m just glad for that. I know I would never do anything like that to you, Celestia. I love you too much! You’re like a second mom to me.”

“Aww, and you’re like a second daughter to me, Twilight.”

“Wait, what?”

“Nothing, just enjoy the moment.”

The three of them embraced one another in familial and cordial love as a rainbow appeared in the heavens.

Comments ( 12 )

11123877
Yeah I realized that after nearly a decade of not finishing this story, I probably never was going to and rereading it to pick up where I left off, I realized it just didn’t track at all with the characters or anything in the universe of MLP.

People are going to hate you for this. You could've written an adequate final showdown if you had tried. Rip off the end Macbeth if you have to.

You know as abrupt and insane as this ending was at least it got an ending and i can respect that.

Better than nothing, and kinda cool? I can certainly imagine celestia be this paranoid to entertain herself during Day court.

11123889
Well sure, but that's the fun of FANfiction! It doesn't have to track with canon!

Me when I see that there's another update for this: Hey look! It's alive!
Me when I actually read that update: You know, there's something to be said for a story that has no ending after all, I guess...

*double checks to see if April 1st came early*

... Lol

11123867

11123877

11123994

11123996

11124263

11124293

Okay, I feel really bad for essentially writing this one off, but I see y'all are really invested. I owe you all an apology for that, because it's really insulting. I honestly didn't think anyone would even notice after all these years, so from me to all of you: I'm sorry. I'm going to delete this and give it an honest go to finish this story, but I really need some honest feedback here because I have a really hard time conceptualizing any sort of satisfactory ending. That said, I am open for any suggestions at this point.

11132364
Well, I sort of assumed if you continued Twilight would continue to gather resources and allies, turn former allies of Celestia to her side, and eventually I'd assume it'd accumulate in either a siege of canterlot itself or a quite take over. Ending either with Twilight taking down Celestia, because I doubt she'd go quietly at all, or with her being crowned as I'm certain continuing after that point would become rather complicated.

11132364
I mean...
11132803
is a great idea, so...

Login or register to comment