• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 1,205 Views, 114 Comments

Treasured Moon and Stars: Vol. 1 Luna's Treasured Moon - TigerSwirl448



Octavia is a princess and was saved by a thief named Vinyl Scratch. Vinyl helps Octavia find a planet with treasures galore and a link to discovering the truth behind Princess Luna's disappearance. Crossover with Treasure Planet & Castle in

  • ...
7
 114
 1,205

Author's Notes & Sequel Sneak Peek

Author's Notes & Sequel Sneak Peek


Well there you have it. Treasured Moon and Stars Vol. 1: Luna's Treasured Moon is completed.

Wow, this story became a huge project for me in mid 2012. It all started one night with me laying in my bed and just thinking before sleeping. And the first thought that came to my mind, as I laid there listening to my music from my IPod, was Treasure Planet and how I haven't seen that movie in practically five years. Then as I listened to a particular song I started daydreaming. I started thinking about that one scene in the movie when Doctor Delbert told Jim that they "were off to the space port". At the end of that loop as I was thinking I ended up seeing Vinyl dressed in a cloak actually sneaking through the port city, almost dressed like Jim, trying to sneak onboard the ERS Cadenza.

As I played the song on repeat, I started thinking. In the song there was a penny whistle being played and a violin. At the part of the violin I imagined Octavia with Vinyl. And the penny whistle (which Vinyl played in the story) was Vinyl. (Get the connection?) Then because of Treasure Planet, I started thinking about Castle in the Sky. (Because in the DVD which I own, it had a sneak peek of Castle in the Sky and that was how I got into Hayao Miyazaki's films.) Now I'm seeing Octavia as Sheeta and Vinyl as Patsu. Then both of these movies started colliding into a huge mess that I soon started creating as a story.

Then after a week of constant thinking I finally began to write. And I thought up an interested title: Treasured Moon & Stars. Considering that Treasure Planet was basically a trip to find a treasure on a planet then Castle in Sky trying to find a floating city with treasure as well. But it was during the writing of this story that during free writing I started making a new story different than the idea I had by adding The Elements of Harmony and a huge, huge backstory to go with it that I know I can't just leave it as an OctaScratch story. I wanted it to be bigger and even cooler. (In my opinion that is.)

I want to go ahead and thank all who gave this story a shot and enjoyed it. That is what I want to do in my future, write epic stories for people like you to enjoy. Thank you (you know who you are) that had viewed it, gave it a read, favorite it and enjoyed. Not to mention the people that gave me great comments that helped me and inspired me, I appreciate that.

Now here is a special surprise for you guys. I mentioned a song that kind of helped in writing this story. It's practically the theme of the whole story to me. But the sad part is, that this particular song isn't on YouTube. But I did find it on Bing Music. It is called Dream Teller / Fantasy played by the Celtic Thunder Band. (The video is powered by Vimeo I think its called. So if you have tablets or smart phones reading this you won't see it. I tested it on my iPad tablet and it only shown YouTube videos.) On a normal computer or laptop: It's the first video titled Voyage II.

I also got two other music video links for you guys. This first link is the replacement of the theme if I couldn't find the first one. The musical piece is from Epic Score: Epic Action & Adventure Vol. 11 and this was a more epic sounding version than the other one. The song title is: Adventure of the Sky.

This second one is actually the music I played when writing the last four chapters and it fit very well in the dramatic sort. It has this mysterious creepy vibe that matched the feeling in the chapters depicting the Moon yet it's pretty too. It is called: Hollow Light of the Sealed Land, it's a remixed theme of a video game piece of music from an album called Sora no Kiseki Zanmai. (The song is the theme of a major game from Japan.)

Do those themes fit well to you. If you like them go on ITunes and pick them up. That is if you have ITunes then other than that go on Amazon or something or other to get the download or get the hard disc.

After all that, Book 2 is completed on my hard drive it just needs heavy editing at the moment. The time period of when I'll put book 2 up might be in mid-January or early-February, I'm not sure yet. But that won't stop me in putting up a special Sneak Peek for you guys. It's a short one though and this might change when I fully edit the story later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinyl groaned opening her eyes feeling the horrible numbness on her back. She opened her eyes seeing Sweetie Belle crying silently on her chest.

“Sweetie Belle?” Vinyl whispered with strain. Sweetie Belle gasped sitting up seeing Vinyl smiling at her. “Hey, squirt.” Sweetie Belle smiled with joy.

“Oh thank, Luna, you’re alright! I thought you were really hurt, Vinyl!” Vinyl sighed patting her on the head.

“I’m fine, oooh man.” Vinyl groaned slowly sitting up with Sweetie Belle sitting in her lap hugging her. Sweetie Belle opened her eyes feeling something against Vinyl’s back as Vinyl stretched her arms in the air groaning from the pain in her back.

“V-vinyl.”

“What?” Vinyl groaned out.

“What’s this?” Sweetie Belle pulled off something from Vinyl’s back to find a tannish brown colored fragment. Vinyl thought a moment then felt something weird. She placed her hand on the ground and heard a small splash.

“Huh?” Vinyl looked down but saw one thing before another. One was a floating skull and two was water!

“Shit!” Vinyl screamed out grabbing Sweetie Belle in her arms standing up seeing that there were broken bones impacted from Vinyl’s fall and the water was already rushing in from grated holes at the bottom of the circular wall around her. Sweetie Belle saw the skull and screamed hugging Vinyl tighter with her arms around her neck.

“Where are we? Why are there bones?” She squeaked watching the skull bob a touch from the rising water. Vinyl watched and felt the water entering her boots.

“An execution chamber no doubt . . . so this was what that bitch meant.” Vinyl scowled looking around to see her surroundings and try to make a plan. Of course the cell was about the shape of a cylinder. About a thirty feet deep from the grate above and the ground under her feet. There were bones here so they didn’t clean up after the last use. And now the water is rising up to the top of her ankles.

“What was that?” Sweetie Belle asked crying looking around. Vinyl looked around too hearing the sounds of water through an empty pipe. She looked up seeing a strange changeling gargoyle head, five feet above Vinyl’s head. Vinyl stared at the gargoyle’s agonized eyes then gaped. Suddenly water spat into her face causing Vinyl to back into the wall screaming out from the pain in her back. Sweetie Belle gasped seeing blood on the wall where Vinyl slammed against.

“Vinyl, you’re bleeding!” Sweetie Belle screamed out when another stream of water splashes her. Vinyl gasped feeling the water now reaching her knees. She moved her leg and heard the sound of chains. She looked down through the hazy water to see dark chains. Vinyl reached down with difficulty and pulled the chain. She felt the tug on her leg and her eyes went wide.

“Fuck my life!” She snapped looking around then up. She looked down at the chain. Sure enough she had twenty feet length of chain but there was only thirty feet from the ground to the grate.

“Vinyl?” Sweetie Belle asked sniffling. “Are we going to die?” Vinyl opened her mouth to answer but closed it instead staring at the chain then at the water then up at the grate. She gulped feeling herself start to float to her toes.

“It’s going to be fine.” Vinyl said reassuringly hugging Sweetie Belle to her praying for help but it’s probably possible that help might not come this time. She can feel Sweetie Belle cry into her neck. Vinyl couldn’t blame the poor kid. Vinyl might not make it out but she’s sure as hell and by her family’s graves that Sweetie Belle will get out of this alive and get back to her sister Rarity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There you go, you're sneak peek into Vol. 2 hope this gets you guys pumped up for more.

Oh and one other thing before I let you go. There is another story already up right now that can use your attention. TMS Side story: Treasured Sweetheart is up and competed since it's a one-shot story. I would like you guys that have read TMS to read it (Or read it if you want to read more on TMS). At least give me an idea on what you think. Because I was planning on writing a one-shot story about Daring or Spitfire or even some other character, I don't know yet. It depends on what you guys think.

Well now that part is out of the way. Thank you so much for reading this and for reading my story. Spread it out, tell people about it, for my first story I think I did very well.

Oh yes and one last teaser for you guys. There is one other thing I want to tell you. In the next book, the Crossover tag will be removed because the first book was heavily influenced by Treasure Planet & Castle in the Sky so the first book would start rolling. There might be tiny references but nothing as major as the first book. The next book will also get very dark. (At least it's very dark to me.) This last link will probably give you an idea on what big event might happen. I'll let the song tell you. A well-known character will unleash her beast.

Author's Note:

When Book 2 comes out, I will be putting the link to Vol. 2 Treasures From Mirrors in this Author's Notes box.

Treasured Moon & Stars Vol. 2: Treasures from Mirrors is out now! Here's the link or you can click on the sequel box. (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/159052/treasured-moon-stars-vol-2-treasures-from-mirrors)

*TMS 2 will be released on Jan. 8th - Jan. 12th 2014*

Comments ( 32 )

3635417
1 aha yeah I know what you mean. And after writing such a good story and with Christmas coming up you deserve a break. :pinkiehappy:

2) There's not many just a couple in the last few chapters. Besides nobody's perfect so a couple of words won't be anything bad. :twilightsmile:

Tiger, I'll state this for your subtleness, I knew because of a process of elimination. Celestia rules over all, Luna is on The Fancy Flute, and Twilight isn't a princess (or is she?). Who's left? Cadence. :)

3638119 :twilightblush: Thanks.
3639754 Yeah you got me there.:twilightblush: Just for fun I think I gave one of the voices an Azula vibe. :raritywink:

OMG! I just read the sneak peek and I'm super confused and excited at once! Isn't Vinyl back on the Fancy Flute?! Is the teaser from later in Vol 2?! Why is Sweetie Belle there?! AHHHHHHH!!!! You make such a suspenseful story! It's not fair I have to wait and speculate! Dx
Another thing is, I myself listened to songs while reading the chapters and found a couple you might like,
Scary / suspenseful:
'Through the Ergosphere' - Simon Wilkinson
Idle / relaxing:
'Neon City' - Simon Wilkinson
Explaining:
'The Legend of Ninetales' - Pokemon Rescue Team OST
Happy Ending:
'Farewell' - Pokemon Rescue Team OST
Sad / Depressed
'Melodies of Cloudsdale' - DJ Pon-3
Excited / nervous:
'Fretful' - Sky Oddesey OST

3649846 :raritywink:
The sneak peek is from the later part of the story. Here's a tiny hint, the later part of the story happens in a prison. :pinkiegasp:
Speculating is fun. :trollestia:

As for the music, hmmm I might look those up.

I remember Treasure Planet. I love it, but my brother and sister say it's stupid. So I can't watch it! :raritydespair:

3722433
Bummer.:pinkiesad2:
My own sister (who's three years younger than me) didn't like Treasure Planet when my family and I went to see it in theaters. She didn't like Mr. Scroop.

3722518 yeah. I haven't watched it in a while, so I forget most of the characters. But my brother and sister hate even what music I listen to, so you get used to it. And most shows I watch. Too bad for them! :pinkiehappy:

3722536
:pinkiegasp: Oh man, I ditto that! My sister is the total opposite of me.

3722559
Mortal enemies. Figure out how to weaponize Dubstep to kill the, both! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ... Did I say that out loud? :twilightblush:

3722572 :rainbowlaugh: . . . :derpyderp2: Wait you're serious?
_
_
_ :raritywink:

3722587
Yes, yes I am. Need more test subjects! Do you like your sister at all?

3722596 :rainbowlaugh: Unlike most siblings, I still love my sister even though she doesn't like to show affection with me.

3722632
Nice. My brother and sister... I hate them with all my heart. Haters, my brother says I'm gay because I'm a brony, and my sister says that Dubstep sucks and isn't actually music. She listens to Ed Sheeran and One Direction for gods sake! :twilightangry2:

3722644
Who's Ed Sheeran?:rainbowhuh: I don't really pay attention to the popular music from MTV or anything like that.
My sister got over the fan girling of One Direction a couple of months ago (At least I don't hear her squeal when they pop up anymore.) I'm not a pop music lover, I mean there are some songs I like but I don't like the genre much. :ajbemused:

3722671
No. Please! Don't make me bring him up anymore! I listen to Macklemore, but now it' sma inlay Dubstep, because the rest of the music industry besides rock, classic, country, jazz, and electronic is probably gonna go to shit. Look at Miley Cyrus! Justin Beinber. Selena Gomez. Countless others. Things are not looking good for them. Drugs. Alcohol. Justin Beiber spits on his fans! Lady Gaga is... Don't get me started. Sorry about this rant, it had to be done. :twilightblush::twilightblush:

3722697
Yeah that's mostly why I don't care for pop.:facehoof: Most of them aren't good people.
I'm more of a sea shanty, Irish, country, orchestral, Epic orchestra, Brony music, type of girl.:twilightblush:

3722967
Yeah. Twenty Percent Cooler remix being my favorite song. You' debt surprised that having almost no brony references besides twenty percent cooler, seven colors in your hair, and twilight sparkle, it would be accepted by my brother and sister. They hate it! The feelings mutual for me. I hate them. Too much. Meh. I mean, I won't turn into Nightmare Moon, right? :rainbowderp:

3722997
Me too. Me too. Yeah, you're doomed to being killed by me. Eventually! Mwuahahahahaha!!! Wait, what? Ehehe. Ignore that. :twilightsheepish:

3734023 :twilightoops: eep, I have plans to completely edit TMS to past tense. Soon all of TMS will be fixed. :facehoof:

3760754 oh and I just started putting up the newly edited chapters. I'm putting up Ch. 2 & 3 here in a little bit.

Private Dangle approves.

3982876 Ah okay, I'll get those fixed.

Got parts of that fixed. But yeah I'll read it through the weekend and make a double check. Thanks for noticing that. :twilightsmile:

nice cover art,

though, Vinyl looks a bit too masculine to my taste... but that's me :raritywink:

4033849 Yeah, I was told that before.:twilightblush: But I can't really fix it now. But I am planning on sometime in the future I'll redo it.

4583830 Oh okay, I'll get those fixed. Thanks for catching that.

4685225 In most instances, you'd be entirely correct. However, not only the plot, (seeking a long lost treasure on a far away planet) the setting, (set in a mid-victorian era timeline with advanced spacing technologies while still using cutlasses and sails) and the main character being forced to work aboard the ship while enduring quite slave-like conditions until finally unlocking the treasure they had been looking for is more than convincing enough for me and many other readers to conclude this is in fact a crossover with Treasure planet. It may not feature the cyborg pirate John Silver, Scroop, or first mate Arrow, but I can see the clear influences for many of the characters. Such as Octavia's being Jim Hawkins (albeit more towards the end of the fic more than the beginning) or Vinyl being the obvious Captain Amelia, or even Twilight being the quirky Dr. Delbert Doppler. I can go on how many of the movie/book characters influenced almost every character in the fiction, but to do so would create a long and probably ugly list.
If you have not seen the movie or read the book, I feel many of the inspirations for the fic will not be very apparent to you, and I apologize if at some point my comment comes off as aggressive or rude.

And I shall agree with you. I enjoyed the story very much, and will enjoy reading the sequel upon its completion. As you, I hope the overall quality remains, if not outright improves as time continues.

Peace-Exodious.

4685327

Ya, guess i consider something to be a crossover if it involves the characters being introduced from each show/movie. This, to me, is just getting ideas and having influences from the other two. Avatar wouldn't be considered a crossover of the last samurai, and those two wouldn't be one of pocahontas, etc.

You aren't coming off as agressive, just arguing your point, which i do understand. I just have different points of views.

I think this needs an alternate universe tag.

5587612 Thanks for the honesty. And for catching that little detail:twilightoops::facehoof: I know there are a bunch of mistakes that I missed during the first edit and I am going to make a second go through of edits for this story soon.

This was my first story up here and I was rushing through the edits trying to keep updates flowing. But now I'm a bit embarrassed by my lack of being slow and checking every detail before posting. Especially for the first few chapters. I'm always open for more critique comments like yours.:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment