• Published 12th Oct 2013
  • 1,205 Views, 114 Comments

Treasured Moon and Stars: Vol. 1 Luna's Treasured Moon - TigerSwirl448



Octavia is a princess and was saved by a thief named Vinyl Scratch. Vinyl helps Octavia find a planet with treasures galore and a link to discovering the truth behind Princess Luna's disappearance. Crossover with Treasure Planet & Castle in

  • ...
7
 114
 1,205

Chapter 10: Plan B

Chapter 10

Plan B

Blueblood sat in his desk, writing a letter in his Manehattan home, grinning. It had been a few days since his return from Canterlot and his plan for hiring pirates to take care of Octavia and her family was a success. Everypony was cheering for the death of the Hybrid Princess. He had never been any happier. He was just finishing his letter to a general when he heard knocking at his door. He cleared his throat, placing his letter down.

“Enter,” he called. The door opened and a hooded figure walked inside the room with another pony. This pony had a sack on his head and his hands were tied behind his back. Blueblood glared at the intruder. “Who dares-?”

The intruder pulled off his hood to reveal himself as a unicorn mare with a silvery blue mane and purple eyes, pushing the tied pony to his knees on the ground. The unicorn mare bowed low to her prince, Prince Blueblood only grinned recognizing, the mare.

“Ah, Lieutenant Trixie Lulamoon, it has been a long while.” Blueblood said.

Trixie Lulamoon grinned, unclasping her cloak, and hung it on the rack on the door. Trixie wasn’t wearing any armor that shown of her guard status, only traveler’s clothes with a large pack on her back.

“It’s an honor to be in your presence again, my lord. I have heard the news.” She said with a chilling grin. Blueblood nodded, using his magic to open a locked case in the bookcase to float out a wine bottle with two glasses.

“Ah, yes. Wine?” He asked, uncorking the bottle and pouring both glasses halfway. Trixie’s magic floated the untouched glass toward her. She caught the glass in her hand and raised the glass in a toast.

“Thank you, your grace. To your kingship,” She said. Blueblood grinned, chuckling raising his glass.

“To your promotion,” Blueblood mentioned smiling in return.

Trixie chuckled back, taking a sip from the glass. “Oooh, this is a good year, my lord.”

Blueblood nodded. “Yes,” he set his glass down, turning to Trixie with a scowl. “Did you find them?”

Trixie took another sip, grinning evilly. “Oh, it took a long time to find them. Not with this extra baggage to deal with.” With a snarl Trixie kicked the bound and hooded prisoner in the side, causing him to grunt painfully, falling to his side. “But after two years of looking, we finally got them and got him to talk. He’s getting too old, Blueblood.”

Blueblood sighed not even bothered by the last comment. “So did you find them then?” He asked anxiously.

Trixie sighed. “Can’t I be myself, my lord? Yes, I found those artifacts. It took forever to get to them but yes I have them here.” Trixie floated her glass to the desk, then reached into her knapsack, and pulled out a leather covered box. She pulled off the leather cover to reveal a blue box covered with old, broken gems. Blueblood gasped, setting down his glass and stood up. He walked over to the mare, taking the box into his hands. He flipped the latch and opened the lid to see the items inside. He started laughing seeing the artifacts within.

“You are defiantly getting a promotion Captain Lulamoon.” Trixie grinned and stuck her nose in the air.

“Yes, the Great and Powerful-”

“Ahem!”

“I mean, thank you, my lord.” Trixie said sourly, bowing low to him. Blueblood looked down at the stallion on the ground and sighed.

“Oh and we cannot have gotten this far without our very own Captain Scratch.” Trixie chuckled, grabbing the old stallion by his shirt and force him to sit up and pull off his hood, causing the old stallion to blink several times from the lighting in the room. Blueblood opened the box again to show the older stallion the artifacts within the box. It turned out that the old stallion was a white unicorn with navy blue mane that was graying at the roots. He glared at the prince with true loathing in his red eyes.

“I should thank you, Captain Scratch for helping me gather these.” The stallion growled his nose was scrunching from the snarl on his face.

“Well I say good riddance!” The old unicorn snapped, spitting at Blueblood’s feet. The Prince yelped at the shock which would have made any filly laugh. Trixie growled and slapped the stallion from behind his head, causing him to wince, punishment for the act.

“You should be grateful you old sack of maggots! If it weren’t for my lord, you would have been killed off like the rest of your ratty Hybrid crew!”

The stallion growled. “I’d rather be dead than help you.” He snarled.

Blueblood sighed, reaching into the small box to pull out a silver chain and with the chain was a large silver medallion with a pink gemstone that was cut into a shape of a butterfly in the center. The gemstone looked gray and dead, no power or heat radiating from the stone.

“Trixie is right Scratch, you would be dead and you wouldn’t see your family again.”

The unicorn turned away, closing his eyes. “Much has happened to this galaxy. I doubt my family is still alive.”

Blueblood chuckled. “Now, now, don’t talk like that. You will help me again.”

“Help you with what?” The stallion said glaring.

“According to your records from your ship; you have notes and messages about Luna's Treasured Moon.”

Captain Scratch looked up with fear; his old ears went flat on his head.

“Luna's Treasured Moon?”

Blueblood nodded placing the silver medallion back inside the box handing it to Trixie. Trixie took the box to look inside again to see the six medallions: two bronze medallions, two silver medallions, and two gold medallions. All of the gemstones looked cold, gray, and dead. She couldn't feel their magical presence as she closed the case, shivering from that feeling of death.

“Yes, you see for many years now I have been looking for information on Luna's Treasured Moon. Perhaps you can help me find it. I heard that you were the only stallion that has been to the Moon and lived. You were even the lead scientist’s assistant at the time.”

Captain Scratch turned away. “I was just a colt at the time. I hardly remember that place.”

Blueblood sighed. “Well of course you, my friend, are the only pony in the galaxy that can lead me to the moon. Since the last thing I wanted to get there is gone along with the bearer of the necklace.”

Captain Scratch’s ears went up, staring at him.

Trixie grinned. “Bingo,” she whispered, setting the box on the desk.

“Luna's Tear,” Captain Scratch asked with awe. “It exists?”

Blueblood sighed forlornly. “Once, it’s now gone in space along with the bearer, my niece, Princess Octavia. Perhaps you’ve heard of her untimely demise?” Captain Scratch glared coldly at him, hearing Trixie chuckling.

“Unfortunate,” Captain Scratch said sadly. “She would have made a great princess.”

Blueblood sighed. “Of course, there was nothing you can do I’m afraid.”

There was an urgent knock at the door. Before Blueblood could call out for the knocker to go away the door burst open and a young pegasus guard saluted.

“Go away!” Blueblood yelled out growling.

“I’m sorry, my lord, but urgent news from Fillydelphia.” Blueblood blinked even Trixie.

“Fillydelphia,” Blueblood asked surprised. “What is it?”

The guard gulped handing him a large envelope to him. She saluted and left the room closing the door behind her. Blueblood opened the note reading the letter. His face went pale staring at the letter.

“Not possible,” he whispered with fear. Trixie walked over to read the letter from over his shoulder. Blueblood handed the letter to her. Trixie gasped.

“What? She’s alive?! I thought you said she was dead!” She exclaimed, glaring at him. “You promised the Order that she would be dealt with!”

Blueblood growled at her. “She is! Nightmare Moon said she flew out of the windows into space! Nopony survives out in space!”

Captain Scratch blinked, realizing who they were talking to. He sighed sending a silent prayer to Luna to protect the Princess. Blueblood reached into the large envelope to pull out a tablet. He pressed the side and waited. Trixie leaned over to watch the video from a sentry bot.

Captain Scratch perked his ears, listening to the grainy audio of a fight. Blueblood let out a rage filled snarl, slamming the tablet on his desk, turning to the window fuming. Trixie leaned in watching the video, pressing a button to pause the video to get a better look at the two mares running.

“Hmm, it looks like Princess Octavia was taken to the Slave Pits. I wish I could have watched that.” Trixie said chuckling, trying to lighten the mood, but that failed since Blueblood was still looking out the window, glowering. She cleared her throat, looking at the second mare in the picture and blinked seeing a funny resemblance. She looked up seeing Captain Scratch glaring at her. She looked at the mare then at him.

“Oh Luna,” she said out loud with a growing smile.

“What?” Blueblood asked turning to her. Trixie pointed at the picture then motioned with her head to the old unicorn. Blueblood looked at the picture then at the unicorn. Suddenly he blinked and turned to Trixie to see her grinning. Blueblood took the tablet as Trixie walked over to the captain. He glared at her, watching her carefully.

“What was the name of that little brat you’ve talked about?” Trixie asked.

Scratch glared at her. “My daughter?” He asked a bit surprised. “What about her?”

“Oh humor me, Captain Scratch. What was her name?”

Scratch blinked, thinking giving her a warning look. “Grace May Scratch, why?”

Trixie only grinned walking around him with her hands behind her back. “When was the last time you saw her?”

Scratch gulped, thinking, feeling his ears flatten on his head with shame. “With her mother here in Manehattan. I haven’t seen her in twelve or so years. That was before the plague.”

Trixie nodded. “I see. My lord?” Trixie called, requesting the tablet. Blueblood nodded, handing the tablet to her hand. She held the tablet in front of Captain Scratch to show the picture of the two mares inside the alley. Captain Scratch stared at the picture, he blinked his eyes, shaking his head. This can’t be the same filly he left behind.

“Gracie?” He whispered seeing the young mare with crazy a blue mane. Trixie could see his eyes brimming with tears. She grinned. She turned to the Prince and winked at him.

“So this mare is possibly that little brat you talked about?”

Scratch growled, glaring at her. “Where is she?”

“How could we know?” Trixie asked, handing the tablet to the Prince. “This picture was taken a few days ago. The night after Princess Octavia’s supposed death.”

Blueblood looked at the picture again then gasped. “I thought I saw her before!”

Trixie sighed with a groan, slapping her face with her hand. “That’s his daughter!” She exclaimed, pointing at Captain Scratch.

“Really?” Blueblood asked. Trixie’s eye twitched at that.

“He just said that the mare in the picture was his daughter.”

Blueblood shrugged. “Oh... But I saw this unicorn as a servant back on the ERS Cadenza! She was serving cheese!”

“Wait, you mean she was on the ship?” Trixie asked bewildered.

“I knew she wasn’t a servant or a slave, she had this odor to her like she was from the streets, eeech! But how did she get out alive? I ordered all servants to be killed!”

Trixie thought for a moment, looking at the picture. “Hmm, it looks like we have a new way in getting our way, my lord.”

“Hmm,” Blueblood asked, watching as Trixie touched the tablet for the video to move forward in slow motion, getting a better angle of the unicorn’s face, then pressed a button to make a copy of the face. A paper started to print out from the side of the tablet. Trixie levitated the piece of paper and held up the large detailed picture of the unicorn.

“It’s time to get a bounty of the pony that worked with the pirates.”

Blueblood thought for a moment to process what was said then smiled. “Great idea, Captain Lulamoon, we’ll have these posted as wanted posters for this mare. In capturing her, we will capture the Princess and in turn,” the Prince chuckled, pointing at the tablet picture of Octavia and her pendant was out in the open. “I’ll finally get Luna’s Tear.” He chuckled.

Captain Scratch sat there in stunned silence. His daughter was still alive? What about his wife and the unborn baby? Were they alive? But another thought came to his mind. What was Gracie May doing on Fillydelphia, the slave capital of the galaxy?

“Captain Lulamoon, send messages to all my assassins and tell them to remain sharp for the white unicorn with the wild blue mane. Not easy to miss. Tell them to stay low and kill the princess.”

“No, you can’t do that!” The two unicorns turned to the captain.

“Why can’t we?” Trixie asked glaring at him.

Captain Scratch gulped. “If the Princess has Luna's Tear then it’s impossible for any other pony to use it without her. Only she can use it. If she dies you can’t use it because she never passed it to anypony else. It must remain on her person at all times unless death takes her or she passes it to a member of Princess Luna’s bloodline, mainly passing it to her children.”

Blueblood turned to Trixie to see her gritting her teeth.

“Alright fine, we’ll keep her alive.” Trixie glowered, turning to Blueblood. “What about the brat?”

Blueblood thought for a moment. “Right now, I can care less about her. Kill her off. Another bit of Hybrid trash I can take out.”

“Or we can place a bounty on her head and call her a member of the pirates that killed the Royals. That way everypony will think the death was caused by this pony. Keep loose ends tied up.” Blueblood rubbed his chin, nodding at Trixie’s idea.

Scratch gasped. “No, please I beg you, if that is my daughter... I’ll do anything, just don’t kill her, please!”

Blueblood thought for a moment then sighed. “Alright fine,” he stated sourly.

“What?” Trixie exclaimed.

“We’ll keep the brat Hybrid alive for you to see. Happy?”

Captain Scratch sighed in relief, bowing low. “Thank you, milord.”

Blueblood turned to Trixie with a wink. “Take Captain Scratch to his jail cell for the moment.” Trixie nodded, walking over to the unicorn and force him to stand up, covering his face with a sack. She turned to her Prince and winked at him.

“Oh and Trixie make sure to send a message to Nightmare Moon. Tell her I have another job for her to do. And I’ll pay her double if she still has my brother and the Traitor.”

Trixie bowed. “Of course, my lord, it shall be done.” Trixie grabbed Scratch by the arm and dragged him with her out the door.

Blueblood sighed, sitting down back at his desk, smiling at the plan in his mind. The pieces were falling together nicely. He turned to the decorated box by his hand and opened the lid. He smiled seeing the six medallions again. He lifted up a golden chain and pulled out a golden medallion with a magenta, spark shaped gem. The color magenta looked dark and lifeless. Blueblood stroked his thumb over the slick surface, feeling no power or heat, just coldness and death.

“The Elements of Harmony,” he whispered greedily. “Twenty years of searching, and I finally found you. With you six gems by my side, nopony, not even that Twilight Sparkle, can defeat me.” He closed the box, opening a drawer and stuck the box inside and locked the drawer closed.

“And best of all, the plan for no more Earth born ponies is close to completion. With no Earth ponies... what is the use of Friendship?” He chuckled, shaking his head. He turned to the tablet with the video. He replayed the video, watching the two mares running through the skinny alley then toward the dead-end.

“You will not escape me again, Octavia. Not again.”

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

A dock worker tossed the large mooring rope over to the Fancy Flute. Derpy caught the rope and tied it to the railing. Once the rope was in a secured knot, Derpy gave the pony a thumbs up. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were hanging from the ratlines, waving to the orphan children below. Vinyl pulled on the sailor cap on her head, looking into the sky, shielding the two suns with her hand. Scootaloo stood by Vinyl with a knapsack on her back. Daring Do and Twilight stood by the quarterdeck, looking around the large expanse port city of Hoofington.

In the mess kitchen, Octavia was busy mopping the room while Spike cleaned the dishes from breakfast. Octavia sighed and stopped mopping to catch her breath and stretch her sore muscles. Spike looked up with a small smile.

“Hey,” he called out. Octavia turned to see Spike wave her over, reaching for a mug, then pouring a drink into the mug. Octavia set her mop into the bucket, leaning the stick so it won’t fall over against the table. She walked over to the dragon and took the mug.

“Thank you.”

Spike blushed. “Oh, uh, it was nothing. It’s just that you have been working hard the last three days and well, I think you deserve a break while Vinyl’s off.”

“Off?” Octavia asked before sipping her drink to look at the dragon. “Off to where?”

Spike looked at her then blinked. “Oh right, you didn’t know.”

Octavia shook her head, drinking the drink and gagged inwardly by the horrible bitter drink, but swallowed the brew. Spike noticed and winced. Octavia blinked and forced a smile with a gulp. “It’s good.”

Spike smiled but knew she was just saying that to be nice. Octavia set the mug on the counter, leaning in to listen to the tiny cook.

“Well uh... Professor Do wants Vinyl to join her in talking to some friend of hers.”

“Really, what port are we at again?” Octavia was working with Spike for most of the morning so she only saw the space port from miles away.

“Hoofington Space Port,” Spike said with a grin. “I was from Hoofington.”

“Really,” Octavia asked fascinated. “I’ve never heard of Hoofington.” She said, leaning against the counter, getting comfortable. Spike shrugged, taking the towel of his shoulder to wipe off the counter. Octavia picked up her mug, letting Spike wipe the area clean.

“Well, Hoofington has taken arms with the Dragons since the great war with Discord. But lately... Queen Celestia is making sure to have Hoofington station back under Canterlot control.” Octavia was surprised to hear clipped anger in his voice. Octavia set her mug back down, watching the dragon reach into the watery suds of a large tub and pull out a dish and started drying it.

“So there are more dragons?”

Spike shrugged. “I’m not sure. Dragons like me aren’t very popular. The other dragons are those that fly in space. They don’t want anything to do with ponies or their wars. As for me... All I know is that I lived in Hoofington until I was four, then the slavers got me and well... the rest was history.” Spike said simply, shaking his head. Octavia blinked, knowing how fast he avoided a memory. She remained silent, thinking.

“So what is so special about this port that Celestia wants?” Octavia asked curiously.

Spike sighed. “Uranium, it’s one of the few and the most powerful compounds in this galaxy. Other than magic, uranium can be used to make weapons of mass destruction. And Hoofington is floating above the planet called Uranium Peak. That’s where we get out uranium. Back in the day the planet was called Asteroid Peak by ponies in the war. But there is this place on the space station called The Core.

"It’s a huge crater where a large rock from space crashed into the station. You see that’s where Uranium Peak got its nickname Asteroid Peak from, because of the asteroids that get caught in the planet’s gravitational field. The giant rock was more like an asteroid and somehow Hoofington rebuilt the station around the old one making what is now New Hoofington. New Hoofington became the largest and the most dangerous of Space Ports.”

Octavia was surprised at this new information. “Wow... I never thought a space station could be that massive!”

Spike nodded. “Yep, it is a marvel. And Celestia wants it. If she gets control of the space station, she’ll be more powerful.”

Octavia felt a chill down her spin, placing her hand on her chest where she can feel the lump of her pendant. Her ears went back and her eyebrow went up, feeling heat radiating from her pendant.

“Something wrong,” Spike asked.

Octavia blinked in surprise. “Huh? Oh no, it’s nothing just a thought.”

Spike shrugged and continued to clean the dishes and drying them. “So, the plan is that Vinyl is going to hire some new spacers for the trip. The Professor believes that our trip will need some more hands.”

Octavia thought for moment. She never really asked what their job was for helping the professor and her assistant. The only thing that Octavia got from Twilight was that Professor Do hired Vinyl’s ship because it was cheaper to where they were going.

“Spike?” Octavia asked.

“Yeah,” Spike called out, facing toward the tub washing.

“Uh, where exactly are we going? And why did Professor Do chose our ship for this journey?”

Spike turned to her with a raised brow. “You don’t know?”

Octavia shook her head. “No, I just thought about it. I never really got into speaking terms with Captain Scratch.” Spike nodded.

“Oh well...” he stood on his stool to lean forward to Octavia. “It turns out that the Professor has found this old piece of parchment that has a picture of some kind of jewel that would be a key to this treasure trove.” He paused for a moment then grinned at her.

“Octavia, have you ever heard of the legend of Luna's Treasured Moon?”

Octavia blinked and stared at Spike with awe. “No, what is it?” She whispered.

Spike grinned. “Well there was this old legend. That long ago, like a thousand or more years ago, Princess Luna and her special crew of spacers went off on an expedition in finding treasure and a special new planet to make a second Canterlot.”

“A second Canterlot?” Octavia asked with awe. Spike nodded.

“Yeah, and the story went that Princess Luna’s ship crashed on some moon and it was said that she perished there along with most of her crew and treasure. They say that only five ponies survived the crash. Very few spacers can say that they have seen the moon. But it’s very rare that a spacer actually went onto the surface and lived. But there was one thing that was taken off the moon.”

“What?” Octavia asked.

Spike grinned. “Well there was another legend. It was said that there is this jewel pendant that can show the way to the legendary moon.”

Octavia raised her hand to her chest, feeling her pedant radiate heat again, and feeling sweat rolling down her sides. “Really,” She asked, shaking slightly.

“Oh yeah they call it... Luna's Tear.” Spike whispered. Octavia stiffened with shock.

“Luna's Tear,” Octavia whispered, turning towards the stairs.

“Oh yeah, it’s a strange thing. It was said that the jewel is the key into finding the Moon.” Spike looked up to notice Octavia still staring at the stairs, biting her lip. He took her worried look differently. “Oh, I guess you can head up top. I don’t have any other work for you to do until dinner.”

Octavia nodded and thanked Spike before running up the steps to the sunshine. Just in time to see Daring and Vinyl talking. Scootaloo tugged on Vinyl’s vest and pointed at Octavia. The two mares turned to Octavia to see her with a blush, watching them.

“Hello,” Octavia said, walking over. Daring turned to Vinyl and nodded towards Octavia with a warning look in her eyes. Vinyl nodded in return. Vinyl approached Octavia to grab her by her sleeve and pull her behind the stairs to the quarterdeck. She pushed Octavia against the wall giving her a glare.

“What are you doing here? I thought you have work.”

Octavia pushed Vinyl’s hand away from her shoulder. “Spike said I have done enough for the day.” Vinyl sighed, rolling her eyes, rubbing the bridge of her snout, shaking her head. Octavia blinked, remembering why she came up on deck.

“Captain, let me go with you.” Vinyl looked up shocked.

“What did you say?”

“I can help you.”

“Help me with what?” Vinyl asked.

Octavia was thinking about her pendant but lowered her hand back to her waist. “I know about the moon, Vinyl, I know the legend. I’m a decedent-”

“No,” Vinyl said flatly with a glare. “You are too important to be out in the open. Listen, Sweet Cheeks, you are... You’re a freaking Princess! You’re too noticeable! If nopony already saw your face on a bounty poster then they’re dumb.”

Octavia turned away, remembering what happened at Fillydelphia.

“See? You are a danger to me and my crew. As a part of my crew, you have to stay here and stay out of sight!” Octavia looked up into Vinyl’s rosy eyes. Vinyl lessened her glare to look into Octavia’s eyes. In that moment, Vinyl's mind opened up, screaming, “Her eyes are so gorgeous!”

“Um, Vinyl,” Vinyl blinked, shaking her head, backing away. Octavia herself was shaking her head, blushing furiously. Vinyl turned to see Scootaloo looking at them funny.

“Is everything alright, Vinyl?”

Vinyl cleared her throat. “Uh, yeah, yeah, I’m fine. Are we ready?”

“Eeyep!” Vinyl gave Scootaloo a look. “What?”

“Where did that come from?” Vinyl ruffled Scootaloo’s hat over her head as she walked past the filly. Scootaloo followed her.

“Apple Bloom taught me. She said her big brother says that a lot.”

Octavia let out the breath she held while staring into Vinyl’s eyes. It was strange. She felt magic and felt thoughts and heard voices through Vinyl’s mind. Sad, horrible thoughts. Octavia shook her head of those thoughts, reminding herself why she wanted to go with them. She needed to understand more about her pendant and a possible family treasure.

She ran after them. “Wait a second!” Vinyl let out a groan.

“No!” She called back, stopping the Earth Princess. Octavia stopped with shock.

“What’s wrong?” Twilight asked hearing the outburst. Vinyl groaned, pointing at Octavia turning to Daring.

“She wants to come with us.”

Daring shook her head. “I’m sorry Princess, you cannot come with us.”

“Why not?” Octavia asked.

Daring sighed. “I’m sorry, your highness, but we can’t risk you getting spotted.”

“But I can help!”

“What can you do?” Vinyl asked. Octavia opened her mouth to answer but Vinyl quickly held up her hand to stop her. “Forget I even asked that. The answer is still no, Sweet Cheeks. It’s too dangerous and this port is one of the ugliest places around. You think Filly was bad, this place is five times worse.”

Octavia opened her mouth to argue but Vinyl snapped her fingers and stomped forward. “That is an order, Sweet Cheeks! You are staying here with Derpy, Spike and the kids.”

“But-”

“Shut up! That is final!” Vinyl screamed out. Daring placed her hand on Vinyl’s shoulder and pulled her back.

“Yes, Octavia, I am sorry but Captain Scratch is right. This is not a place for a princess like you. It would be best and it would keep me at peace knowing that you are safe here, and hidden.”

Octavia opened her mouth to argue again, but turned away, crossing her arms across her chest. “Alright, I’ll stay here.”

“Thank you!” Vinyl exasperated, walking to the gangplank, fixing her hat on her head. “Let’s get going Professor. I don’t like to stay here for very long. Let’s see your friend and get outta here.”

Twilight grabbed her satchel and followed Vinyl. Daring grabbed her shoulder.

“Huh?” Twilight yelped being pulled back. She turned to her friend with surprise. Daring shook her head, pulling Twilight closer to speak to her.

“I want you to stay here, Twilight.”

“Why?” Twilight asked with shock. “I thought I was going to meet-”

“That was before we met Octavia.” She pulled Twilight closer to whisper in her ear. “You are the only one here I can trust to keep her protected. Don’t hold back your gift.”

Twilight felt her ears flatten on her head, turning away, feeling sadness and guilt.

“Do I have to?” She asked, her voice sounding small.

“If the need arises,” Daring whispered, wrapping Twilight into a hug, feeling Twilight’s arms around her. The two separated, Daring patted Twilight on the back, walking to the gangplank with Vinyl and Scootaloo. Vinyl turned to Daring, then at Twilight.

“What’s up?”

Daring shrugged. “I just want her to stay with the Princess that’s all.”

Vinyl watched as the pegasus walked past her to the docks, to the dock foreman showing him the license. Vinyl thought for a moment looking back to see Derpy flying around checking the sails. Something about the way the two ponies hugged was strange. Pick one of these for this sentence: Vinyl pulled out a cigarette from her pocket, lighting it as she followed the two pegasi to the city.

Octavia watched the three ponies leave the vicinity of the docks, towards the crowded city. She turned to Twilight to see her sitting on the stairs with a sigh as if disappointed. Octavia thought for a moment, feeling an itch she can’t scratch. She needed to know more about Luna’s Moon and how her father’s pendant connected to the legend.

“Twilight,” she called, walking to her. Twilight looked up.

“Hmm? Oh yes?” Octavia turned to the city then back at Twilight.

“Can you help me for a second?”

“Sure, help you with what?” Twilight asked, standing up.

Octavia smiled. “Well, can you help me with my mane?”

Twilight was confused. “Umm... sure I guess?”

Octavia took Twilight’s hand and pulled her with her below decks. If Octavia can’t go into town because she would look like a Royal, then she’ll just have to dress the part of a spacer.

Author's Note:

Well, here is Chapter 10 one day early. I was going to put this up tomorrow but what the heck I'll do it tonight.
Well it looks like we get to meet some new characters. The Great and Powerful Trixie takes center stage and also . . . Vinyl's Dad's alive? What a shocker! So what did you think?
Well there ya go. Hope you guys are enjoying the story, we just about reached the half way mark. About eleven more chapters to go. ; )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan. 14th, 2014: Chapter 10 has been edited. Thanks a bunch to Xhoral1865 for the editing help. If there are any mistakes please let me know.