• Published 21st Oct 2013
  • 2,123 Views, 20 Comments

Machina - Glimglam



A robot seeks to gain its Father's approval, but its efforts in doing so may come up short.

  • ...
2
 20
 2,123

...

Many years later...

“Brrr.”

The crystal pony shivered, and pulled her overcoat on a bit tighter. While the cold northern air was frigid, she knew that her rendezvous at the Station was far more important than staying warm and cozy back in the Empire.

She sighed. “Stupid meeting,” the pony muttered. “Wish I could just teleport, or have a ride there, or something. But nooooo.”

With a grumble, the crystalline equine trudged onwards. It wasn't long, however, before she could see the Station in the distance.

“Oh, thank the Heart,” she said, breathing a shuddering sigh of relief.

She took another step forward in the direction of the distant outpost—but her foreleg caught on something hidden in the snowdrift, and the mare tripped.

Cursing her luck, the crystal pony glared down at where she had stepped. Probably a rock or something, she reasoned. But why did it feel... smooth?

The mare was curious, but cautious. She tentatively reached out and brushed away some of the snow from the area around where she had tripped, and gasped.

A filly was lying in the snow, frozen solid.

“What the...? Oh, merciful heavens!”

Shocked, she pulled the frozen foal upright, and brushed as much snow and ice off of it as she could. A part of her knew that it was likely pointless. If the filly had been out here for long enough, it was probably too late already. And yet, something didn't seem right about this...

“Wait a second,” she muttered, feeling the cold surface of the filly. Or at least, it looked like one. But something about it seemed off. It seemed... mechanical. “What kind of—?”

She felt the “foal” shudder in her grip suddenly, and a small, pitched hum started to resonate around it. At that moment, its eyes opened, revealing two bright green irises. A foal's voice then spoke:

“Greetings. How might I be of service?”

Comments ( 15 )

Interesting subject. Compelling picture. Oh, and it is a One-shotober story.

*sees the second chapter*

YOU FIEND!

Aww. Nice story and touching premise.

You be pumping out these stories.

That experience honestly would have been creepy. :derpyderp2:

Damn, poor Sweetiebot. :( I would like to think this is a happy ending though.

Faved! :ajsmug:

This was beautiful.

This has potential to continue.

Wow, that was powerful. :raritycry:
The part where the real Sweetie Belle comes home makes me think of Automated Intelligence.
This story is Pencil Melody approved.
~Melly~

Damn. Right in the feels.:ajsleepy:

6113973 The same, right in to feelings.
Dammit, I almost cried. :fluttercry:
goes into EPIC Bookself

I'm sad this has such a depressing ending. I'd hoped for an epilogue where the Belles followed and found her before she lost all her memories.

Login or register to comment