• Published 19th Oct 2013
  • 7,084 Views, 132 Comments

OTR: Return - The King of Hearts



Rainbow Dash, now a Captain of the Royal Guard, has finally gotten her hooves on the spell to save somepony very dear to her. But, a lot can change in the time that passed, and she can only hope he'll understand.

  • ...
22
 132
 7,084

Epilogue

Here you all go!

http://www.fimfiction.net/chapter/428841

Since i can't tag the story in a blog, I'm kinda forced to make a new chapter here.

Comments ( 15 )

Vher is the link??? It isn't working for me??? HALP MEEEEE..........

Luna's in this. MUST READ:pinkiecrazy:

3409416 I'm not sure that TKoH knows how to edit chapters after posting them or put links in chapters. You just have to copy-p8ste the second line into your url 8ar.

3559689

I'm quite versed in the use of bbcode. I was inserting links and colors before forums had them as buttons. And you don't seem to understand how error ridden this story was last year. Before my major edits. USING the edit button.

I simply procrastinate, and never get around to editing. That's all. Please don't call me stupid.

3561728 I wasn't. I just wasn't sure why the edits proposed were t8king so long to show up/8e replied to. If you put them off too long, you might forget a8out them. Additionally, I'm used to seeing such edits show up in well less than a week.

.......................................................................:rainbowwild:

This is the sequel to an incomplete story? What?

And damn it, I haven't even read the first one and I know what happens in the end. Fuck me, this is what happens when I click on strange and alluring stories written by the same author.

3894109

Oh dang, sorry about that... Think of it like "mid series movies." The stories like this are just one shots I do, and I post them as their own thing, since it gets a bit more attention, to go with the extra work I put in to them.

Maybe that makes me a douche... But I guess I can live with that.

Sorry it screwed things up a bit

3894342

Apologizing for something minor can only make you seem like a better person in my eyes, so no, I'd say you're quite unlike a douche. It's my own fault for not expecting this. When something is named after the original this is the only thing that can come of it.

Regardless, the cover art is to die for (on both stories) and your snippets of writing favor you. I'm definitely going to give the original a read. That is, when I get done with Psychology work. Damn these pace-yourself online courses. The implications of you-don't-have-to-do-the-work-now-if-you-don't-wanna drive me to procrastinate!

3894374

I'm pretty canadian, so apologizing is second nature to me.

And I'm happy to hear what you think of what you've seen. When you do start at the beginning, if you already haven't, please keep in mind that i was... uh... a much shittier writer two years ago.

So i hope if you like it in the end... If not, I guess crying into a tub of ice cream isn't SO bad.

Oh, and I had two very talented artists do those pictures for me. I have one more cover art made that I plan on using, that is also quite nice. I just need the right place.

Again, Spoilers here.

4013397

I appreciate the comments, and i was definitely vague in a few places, but i do have some responses to the criticisms.

Okie dokie, let me see here...

#1: I depicted the Changelings as much more advanced to the Equestrians, perhaps giving the credit of depertification to that in my head. They simply could do it, because they were advanced... I could have done that a bit clearer. However, at the same time, I don't think Celestia is all powerful, or all knowing herself. She's beaten by Chrysalis instantly in the show, after all. Also, with Alex gone, and the Elements blackened by Discord, they were useless, it's somewhere in the beginning that i mention that. But, perhaps a bit more elaboration on that was required.

#2: The main changeling goal was to take over Canterlot, much the same way they were going to in the wedding episode. They used a brainwashed pony, trusting him foolishly, and Alpha, after treating him like shit because of his betrayal at Haven Station. Of course, I mentioned the Elements of Harmony, and controlling them. And to that end, i think having the Elements on a group of brainwashed ponies would give the Changelings insane amounts of power.

#3: I personally always thought of 'love' as feeding a changelings power, not stomach. I guess that could be up in the air, considering she says her people are starving in the show. But Alpha and Twilight have an infatuation with one another, not love. Again, which could be taken many ways, saying that 'Affection is all they need,' but i took it as, 'true love feeds them.' Alpha will also show signs of strengthening himself because of love, when he gets there with her. But for now, he's just some lame pony waiting on his story, which will take place largely when Twilight is affected by the dark Elements of her friends. Also, I like the idea of him having to be accepted by the towns-ponies as a member of community. It could make some interesting material.

If you have any other problems, or concerns, feel free to voice them however you see fit, I'll try to take the feedback, and fix problems you bring up.

Man I never thought I'd get this far in the story, it's been too long and it's so good to be reading this story again XD

Login or register to comment