• Published 29th Aug 2011
  • 16,335 Views, 176 Comments

Lost Soul of The Uchiha - BronyOfSteel



Itachi Uchiha ends up in Equestria rather than dying, an epic battle with an ancient enemy ensues.

  • ...
32
 176
 16,335

Chapter 1

Two figures stood amidst the rubble of a fortress in the shadow of the only standing wall left, emblazoned with the symbol of the Uchiha clan. The two fighters were both exhausted, their chakra reserves severely depleted. But only one was truly close to death, covered in blood and feeling life slipping away from him he stumbled forward. "Sorry, Sasuke... this will be the last time." said Itachi Uchiha, tapping his brother on his forehead as he had done so many times in the past. With his final words spoken Itachi fell forward allowing the darkness to consume him...

However, death did not come for him as he had planned as he awoke laying face down in some grass, normally he would have assumed this was the afterlife of some sort but the pain he felt was a good indicator of it not being so.

"Well it seems like you've finally woken up. Good to know my skills with medical ninjutsu haven't dulled over the years." Said a voice Itachi was quite familiar with, a voice that belonged to the only person he had ever truly hated. He opened his eyes to see a man sitting on a rock before him wearing an akatsuki coat and a spiral orange mask with one eyehole on the right. Itachi glared at the person in front of him, the one responsible for everything, Madara Uchiha.

"You're probably wondering why you're alive. " Madara said looking over to his right. "It's not for the reasons you might think. Truth is Itachi, I've kept you alive this long so that I might actually thank you." Thank me? Itachi thought through the pain, trying to speak but only succeeding in coughing up more blood.

"You see now that Sasuke has "defeated" you there is nothing stopping me from revealing the truth to him. And unlike you, with the right…. incentive, I can easily convince him to do anything I desire." You bastard! Itachi screamed in his mind attempting to rise, wishing only to kill the man standing before him, but his strength deserted him and he simply crashed back down. The only thing he could do was stare at Madara with the hatred that now consumed him.

"I applaud your efforts Itachi, but you really should conserve your energy. All I've done is delay the inevitable. Shame you had to contract that disease otherwise who knows? You might have actually been able to kill me. What does really surprise me though is that you're still able to see me after using your ocular powers so flagrantly, by all accounts you should be practically blind by now."

He's right Itachi thought, for the first time noticing the clarity of his sight. He hadn't been able to see clearly in years, yet now it was as if his eyes had never degenerated. He hadn't noticed it before due to the pain but now it seemed like the only important thing.

"Well I guess we can just chalk it up to you being a prodigy, after all I've never seen someone master the Sharingan so thoroughly before in my life." He paused for a while.

"And now Itachi Uchiha we must part and say our farewells." Said Madara finally looking back to Itachi and standing up. "Oh don't worry I'm not going to kill you, if I wanted that so badly I would've just let you die back at the fortress. Instead I'll show you the true power of the Sharingan." Instantly the air around the two shifted, as if a large amount of chakra was being channeled. Itachi, even in the poor state he was in could sense it.

"I assume you've noticed we're nowhere near the fortress anymore? I never did show you full extent of my teleportation jutsu, it allows me to not only move myself through space and time, but to move others. With it I can send you anywhere I desire, for instance this clearing. However in this case I think I'll show it at its fullest power and send you to an entirely different world, not even I will know where you will end up." A vortex began to form around the eyehole in Madara's mask; Itachi could feel himself being pulled towards it. "Oh and one other thing." Madara said, pulling out Itachi's forehead protector and throwing it to him. "Can't have you go anywhere without your forehead protector, it's unfitting for a shinobi to be without one. Farewell Itachi Uchiha, your help in securing the tailed beasts has been invaluable." Smiling underneath his mask as Itachi was sucked into the wormhole generated by his Sharingan and vanished.


Meanwhile, in Ponyville…

Everypony was in a hurry trying to get everything ready for the imminent arrival of the two Princesses and there were still so many last minute preparations, cakes and food being arranged on tables, ribbons and flowers being adjusted just so, and most importantly the assurance that everypony was there for when the princesses arrived. Twilight was naturally the one put in charge of organizing the whole thing.

"Okay so that leaves… Fluttershy, hey Rainbow Dash!" Twilight shouted to the blue Pegasus flying around trying to get the clouds just right.

"Yeah?"

"Have you seen Fluttershy at all today?"

"No, I think she's been taking care of some animal's family... she might have forgotten about today."

"WHAT?" Twilight shouted, completely freaking out. Everything had to be perfect, especially her friends, despite what Celestia had said at sugarcube corner earlier in the year she was still worried.

"Dash you need to go get her, now!"

"Aw come on Twilight! I need to get the-"Dash stopped in midword when she saw Twilight's eye twitch" I mean yeah I'll get going right now!" She said flying off towards Fluttershy's.


On one of the many roads leading out of Ponyville a small wormhole opened in the fabric of space time, depositing the dying ninja into the world and then promptly vanishing. Itachi was left standing in a world not his own as he realized the extent of Madara's technique. His awe was short lived as he quickly fell to his hands and knees, his strength failing him again. Blood dripped down from his mouth onto the packed dirt below him as he raged at his situation. Dying on a world that isn't even mine, while that bastard manipulates my little brother and makes everything I've sacrificed meaningless! As unconsciousness came to claim him for a second time, his last coherent thought was for the safety of his brother and the hope that his contingency plan would work. Just as his eyes closed he could've sworn he heard a girlish shriek.


Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were walking down the road into Ponyville, Dash having found Fluttershy taking care of some rabbits who had one of their members beak his leg. Fluttershy had been so caught up in trying to care for the little critter she had completely forgotten about the event today, much to the ire of Rainbow Dash who did not appreciate Twilight's singling her out to go get Fluttershy, especially when she still had work to do on the clouds.

"Hey I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier Fluttershy. I'm just so annoyed with Twilight being a perfectionist about this whole thing." Dash said apologetically, she had been so frustrated earlier upon discovering Fluttershy had forgotten about an important event because of animals AGAIN. And Dash knew she had been a bit too pushy in getting her to come with.

"Oh no its alright, I really shouldn't have forgotten. Twilight's been going on about this whole thing for weeks, I'm just sorry she made you come get me even though you still had work to do." Fluttershy said in her usual quiet voice.

"Thanks Fluttershy, I shouldn't have been so frustrated with you, you're just doing what you're best at. " Dash said remembering why the two pegasi were such good friends as they rounded a corner."And besides I'm sure the weather patrol can get it done wit-" Dash was interrupted by something she had never heard before in her life, Fluttershy's voice reaching a volume higher than 5 decibels.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Fluttershy shrieked at the figure lying prone on the road in front of them.

"WOAH!" Dash shouted as she noticed exactly what Fluttershy was screaming at. she ran over it, kneeling down to get a better look. " You OK?" she asked prodding the arm of the being in front of her, getting no response she began to worry.

"I think he might be hurt." Fluttershy's voice had returned to its quiet normal volume

"You're probably right., lets see if we can turn him over." Dash grunted as she pushed his left arm turning the body over.

"O-oh no...oh nonono... this is bad." Fluttershy's front hooves shot up to her mouth, the scene before them was not a pleasant one. Whoever he was, he was seriously injured, he had burns all up his right arm, the blackened skin showing the damage. Blood dripped off his hands and forearms, there was even more still running from his mouth, and his breathing was dangerously shallow. " We need to get him into town."

"What? I don't know Fluttershy, he might be dangerous..." Dash said apprehensively

"We can't just leave him here! He'll die unless we help him!"

"Well...alright then." she relented " Help me pick him up."

"O-OK" Fluttershy said bounding forward, helping Dash to drape him over her back. Knowing he would be too heavy for Rainbow Dash to carry on her own, as much as Dash would have protested to the contrary, she trotted around to the other side and carried his upper body while Dash took the lower part. Unfurling one of her wings to give his head support, Fluttershy could feel his warm blood beginning to run down her wing, normally she would've freaked out at this, but the thought that his life depended on them kept that from happening.

Great, Twilight's just gonna LOVE this... Dash thought to herself, she turned her head to say something to Fluttershy as the two ponies headed toward Ponyville with their cargo, when she noticed something. " What's that he's holding?"

"Hm?" Fluttershy said as she followed Dash's gaze, clutched in his right hand was what appeared to be a piece of metal attached to some cloth, upon closer inspection she noticed a long scratch lengthwise along it. " I have no idea, I guess you can ask him when we finally get to Ponyville."

"Yeah, I guess I will..." Dash was as always amazed by Fluttershy's kindness and optimism, she turned her focus back onto the road. she took more of the load and picked up the pace to get the poor soul on her back to help in time to save his life, not just for his sake but for her friend's.