• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 7,005 Views, 291 Comments

Shakespony: Twelfth Night - DisneyFanatic23



Applejack disguises herself as a stallion to serve the Duke Spike, who sends her to woo the Lady Rarity who ends up falling for Applejack, who is really a mare in love with the Duke.

  • ...
14
 291
 7,005

Conflicts and Resolutions

"Come on, Pinkie!" Rainbow cried, trying to swipe a piece of parchment out of Pinkie's hoof. "Let me see what he wrote!"

"Sure!" Pinkie replied. "On one condition."

"What?"

"That you don't ask to see this letter."

"Pinkie!"

"Excuse me?"

The two of them turned to see the Duke Spike and his entourage, which included the Lady Twilight, Applejack, Applebloom, holding her sister's hoof; and two guards.

"You both serve the Lady Rarity, right?" the dragon asked.

"She does," Rainbow said, pointing to Pinkie. "I'm just visiting."

"Hey, I remember you! You sang for us the other day! How's it going?"

"Eh," Pinkie said with a shrug. "I've been better. Times are tough, you know? I'm a little," she held out her hat, "low on cash."

Spike sighed. "I see."

He pulled out a coin and dropped in the jingling hat.

"Thank you very much!" Pinkie piped. "But...that's hardly enough to cover a full meal. You know what they say. Two bits are better than one."

The dragon rolled his eyes and gave her another coin.

"You know? They also say that three's the charm!"

"Nice try," Spike smirked. "You're not getting more out of this dragon."

Pinkie shrugged. "Fair enough." She put her hat back on. "We'll go get Rarity for you. Come on, Dashie!"

As soon as the two rascals left, a group of officers entered the orchard, hauling a chained Trixie.

"Trixie demands to see a lawyer!" she shouted. "Trixie has her rights! All ponies are created equal!"

She gasped as she was brought before the Duke and his party. She narrowed her eyes at the purple unicorn.

"Twilight Sparkle," she grumbled.

"Trixie," Twilight said, gritting her teeth.

"Don't think I haven't forgotten our last encounter, when you tricked me into removing that Alicorn Amulet!" She turned to the Duke. "And you! You were just a little squirt at the time, but your father had me banished!"

"And you rightly deserved it!" Twilight bellowed. "You and your father tried to overthrow him!"

"We would've succeeded too, if those princesses hadn't intervened. Without them, it would've been easy to take out the old fool. I mean, come on! He was idiotic enough to put a baby dragon in charge rather than his own daughter!"

Twilight charged forth, only to be restrained by Flash. She hissed and lashed her hooves out furiously at the blue unicorn. Spike raised an eyebrow at Applejack.

"Are you sure you want her released?"

"She did rescue me," Applejack reminded him.

"I don't want any pity from you!" Trixie spat. "You're the worst of them all! I did more than rescue you! I pulled you out of the Jaws of Death! I nursed you back to health and kept you company over the last three weeks! I followed you into town, despite my sentence, and after we parted for an hour, I stopped those scoundrels from killing you! And then you deny me, treat me like I'm nothing!"

"Hold up!" Twilight commanded. "You say you tended him for three weeks?"

"Yes!"

"And when did he come to town?" Spike asked.

"Yesterday!"

"That's impossible!" Applejack declared.

"Yeah!" Applebloom spoke. "Applejack and I have been serving the Duke for the past three weeks!"

"Indeed," Spike confirmed, crossing his arms. "Your story makes no sense."

Trixie's eyes widened as she finally noticed the little filly and heard how she had addressed the colt she was holding hooves with.

"Applejack?" she uttered in confusion.

"There she is!" Spike cried.

The Lady Rarity, dressed in a white gown, was coming up the walkway with Rainbow and Pinkie.

"Take her aside," Spike told the soldiers. "We'll settle this matter later."

"Did you say his name was Applejack?" Trixie demanded.

"And keep her quiet, would you?" He smiled as Rarity approached him. "Rarity, you look radiant to..."

"Applejack!" Rarity exclaimed, moving past the dragon and addressing the pagecolt. "Where've you been? You were supposed to meet me fifteen minutes ago!"

"Huh?" Applejack uttered, her eyes blinking in confusion.

Spike was just as confused, but he put on a smile and turned to her.

"Rarity, I've come to..."

"Well, Applejack?" Rarity said, staring accusingly at the pagecolt. "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Uh..." Applejack stammered. "Madam, my lord wishes to..."

She gasped as the unicorn placed her hooves on her shoulders. "My only lord is you."

Spike's face burned with fury and passion. He let out a growl and moved between the two, pushing them apart.

"Are you so cruel," Spike said sternly, "that you still ignore my affections?!"

"My lord," Rarity said, turning her nose up, "my feelings are constant."

"I know the truth, madam! I know of your love for Applejack!"

The unicorn turned to the pagecolt with wide eyes. "You told him, then?"

"He told me everything! I came here to tell you that you can't have him, even if you won't have me!"

She narrowed her eyes at him angrily. "And why not?"

"Because..." Spike stammered as he tried to come up with an excuse. "Because..."

An idea struck him as he caught sight of Applejack and Twilight. He walked over to them and brought their hooves together.

"He's betrothed to my sister!"

"WHAT?!"

The word came from many mouths: Rarity's, Flash Sentry's, Twilight's, Applebloom's and Applejack's. Twilight and Applejack, of course, were the most stunned.

"Yes!" Spike declared. "I rather like having Applejack in the household, and I should like him in the family! Besides, it's obvious that he and my sister hold an attachment to one another! He will certainly love my sister more than he will ever love you!"

"Spike, trust me, this is not the solution!" Applejack exclaimed.

"And it's impossible!" Twilight insisted.

"Yeah!" Applebloom protested, tugging her sister away. "Applejack can't marry her!"

"He most certainly cannot!" Rarity cried.

"I agree!" Flash Sentry shouted, pulling Twilight into his hooves.

"Stick to your duty, soldier!" Spike commanded. "How is this any of your business?!"

"Because Twilight and I are engaged!"

"Applejack and I are married!" Rarity shouted at the same time.

"WHAT?!"

This was said by everyone, except Rarity and Flash. Applejack grew pale at Rarity's declaration, not understanding how it was possible. Applebloom's mouth was open, not believing her sister would do such a thing. Twilight felt a mix of confusion and fear for both claims.

Spike was not sure what news shocked him more: that his sister was engaged to some random guard, or his pagecolt, whom he had trusted as a friend, had betrayed him for the mare he loved.

"What?" he said again, his voice barely above a whisper.

"It's true!" Flash exclaimed, pulling Twilight closer. "We promised ourselves to each other but a few days ago!"

"I didn't want to tell you until the time was right!" Twilight explained. "You had enough problems of your own to deal with!"

Spike waved them off. "We'll discuss this later!" He turned to Applejack. "You're her husband?!"

"Yes, he is!" Rarity declared. "He can't deny it!"

"Yes, I can!" Applejack insisted. "Because I'm not!"

"No need to be afraid, my love. He was bound to find out sooner or later."

Spike felt his heart shatter into millions of pieces. As he looked at the couple, he realized that it was not the sight of Rarity that hurt him most, but Applejack.

"You're lying!" he choked, tears forming in his eyes.

"She is!" Applejack cried. "I never married her!"

"He couldn't have!" Applebloom exclaimed. "That would be illegal!"

"What?" Rarity uttered. "Of course, it's legal! I'll prove it to you! Pinkie, go get the priest! He should still be in the grounds!"

Pinkie nodded and bounced away to fulfill this request.

"Spike," Twilight said, "what she's saying can't be true!"

"Please, Spike!" Applejack pleaded. "I don't love her!"

"That's not what you said last night!" Rarity exclaimed.

The dragon gasped. "You've been with her?!"

"Of course, he hasn't!" Twilight proclaimed, moving between her brother and the couple. "If he had, Rarity most certainly would not have married him!"

"What are you implying?!" Rarity growled. "No, we did not go that far, but he was with me all of last night!"

"That's a lie!" Applebloom shouted. "Applejack was with me last night! He went straight to bed!"

Rarity turned around to see Pinkie Pie coming with the priest. "Here comes the Father! He will confirm my story!" As soon as the priest was at her side, she took his hoof and moved him between her and Applejack. "Father, I know we said we wanted to keep it secret, but I ask you now to reveal what happened between me and this colt but an hour ago!"

The priest glanced between the couple. "I joined them in the sacred bonds of holy matrimony, until death do they part. They said their vows, exchanged rings, signed the marriage contract and sealed it with a holy kiss."

Spike narrowed his eyes at the pagecolt. "You liar! This was all a trick, wasn't it?! You pretended to be my friend, even tried to persuade me to find another mare, just so you could have her for yourself!"

"My lord, it's all a lie!" Applejack protested.

"Stop it!" Rarity commanded, pulling her by the foreleg. "You don't need to serve him anymore! You're better than him!"

"Get yerr hooves off me, ya crazy mare!"

She spoke in her feminine voice as she wrenched herself out of the unicorn's grasp and fell to her knees in front of her master.

"Spike, listen to me!" she pleaded. "I would never betray you, never!"

The dragon held up his claw. "I've heard enough. You can have her! And may you rot in Hell for your treachery!"

Her heart crumbled as he turned his back to her. "Spike, please, you must believe me! I would never marry her! I don't love her, I love you!"

Every pony gasped and Spike spun around in shock. Applejack froze at what she had just revealed.

"I mean..." she stammered. "I...love you as my master and friend. More than I could ever love her!"

Twilight put her hoof to her head. "Oh for goodness... Fine! If you won't tell him, I will! It's time we put an end to this nonsense! Spike, Applejack is really a..."

She was interrupted by a wail of agony. Every pony turned to see Sir Soarin flying up to them, covering his face and howling in pain.

"Some pony!" he cried. "Any pony! Get me a doctor! Now!"

"Soarin!" Rainbow shrieked, flying to his side. "What's wrong?"

"He attacked us! We didn't stand a chance! He's a demon, he is! He cut my face!"

"Here, let me see."

He removed Soarin's hoof and frowned when he saw the wound.

"Soarin, it's barely the size of a paper cut."

"But it hurts!"

Rainbow rolled his eyes. "Geez, what a baby."

But he took a piece off his shirt anyway and wrapped it around his friend's head.

"Thanks, Dash," Soarin sniffed.

"Now, who did this to you?" Rainbow asked softly.

"That confounded pagecolt, Applejack! He attacked us from behind! We thought him a coward, but he's deadlier than a Timberwolf! Discord is even more hurt! Blood everywhere!"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Can't Discord just heal himself with his magic?"

"Yes, but after he did that, he was still in pain! That Applejack wouldn't leave him alone! He's vicious, I tell you! Vicious!"

Spike blinked and pointed at Applejack. "This guy attacked you?"

Soarin turned and shrieked at the sight of the pagecolt. He leapt into Rainbow's hooves.

"Don't let him hurt me! Don't let him hurt me!"

"What are you talking about?" Applejack demanded. "I never hurt you! If you're talking about yesterday, you were the one who challenged me!"

"When did he do this?" Spike asked.

"Just now!" Soarin declared.

"But Applejack's been here this whole time," said Twilight.

"My mind is jumbled!" Pinkie cried.

Soarin suddenly shrieked again and pulled himself tighter to Rainbow Dash.

"Sweet Celestia! There's two of them!"

"Boy," Rainbow said. "Maybe he hit your head too."

"No, look!"

Every pony stood still as a stallion looking a great deal like Applejack, only taller and with a stronger built, came up to them with a sword in his hoof.

"I'm sorry, dear!" Big Macintosh said to Rarity. "I hurt your uncle! I didn't mean to. I was only defending myself. Well, he's alright now, anyway. He had some freaky magic."

Rarity's lip quivered as she tried to find words. Before she could, Big Mac turned his head and gasped at the sight of his friend in chains.

"Trixie!" he shouted, rushing to the blue unicorn. "Oh, Trixie!"

"Big Mac?" Trixie questioned. "Is that you?"

"Of course, it's me! What's happened to you?"

"What's happened to me? What's happened to you?"

"I got lost trying to find the Sugar Cube and then this crazy jester dragged me to..."

"No, no! What I mean is...what spell? How...how are there two of you?"

Big Mac blinked. "Two of me?"

She pointed over his shoulder. Big Mac spun around and dropped his sword at what he saw. The crowd parted to reveal a pony with the clothes of a stallion and the face of a mare. It was almost like looking in a mirror, only with a smaller reflection.

Neither of them could move. They only stared at each other, their green eyes wide with amazement.

Her hair was cut, her attire was not hers, but the face was unmistakable.

"Applejacqueline?"

His coat had changed, so had his hair. He had dropped some weight, but she could recognize him anywhere.

"Big Mac?"

The spectators watched the strange scene, all of them completely befuddled.

"Applejacqueline?" Spike whispered.

"Big Mac?" Rarity uttered.

The two look-alikes took cautious steps towards each other, their eyes never breaking contact. When they were a single step apart, they paused and continued to stare. After a long period of silence, Applejack raised her hooves to the stallion's face and his to hers.

"Is it really you?" they said simultaneously.

"Big brother?"

Big Macintosh looked down and his heart leapt with joy at the sight of his youngest sister.

"Applebloom?"

"You're alive?" all three of them said.

Tears filled their eyes as they finally flung their hooves around each other.

"Big Mac!" the girls cried.

"Applejacqueline! Applebloom!" their brother rejoiced. "Oh, my sisters! I thought you had drowned!"

"We thought the same of you!" Applejack declared.

"I didn't!" Applebloom said proudly. "I knew you were alive! I just knew it!"

He pulled away from his sisters and looked them over. "Why are you wearing my clothes?"

"Why are you orange?" Applejack asked in return.

"Hold up!" Spike yelled, putting up his claws. "Could some pony please explain to me what's going on here?!"

"That's what I'd like to know!" Rarity exclaimed, putting her hooves on her hips.

"Even I want an explanation!" Rainbow declared.

"My head hurts!" Pinkie screamed, holding her head in her hooves.

"Don't let them hurt me!" Soarin shrieked.

"I want answers too," Applejack said to her brother. "Where've you been all this time?"

"Trixie rescued me," Big Mac replied, pointing his head towards the chained unicorn. "She nursed me back to health." He glanced down at his coat. "She tried a spell to heal me, but it turned me orange instead. I came into town yesterday to find a way to get home, but I got a little sidetracked..."

He blushed with embarrassment as he looked over at Rarity, whose face was even paler than usual. Applejack shook her head with a chuckle.

"I can explain that." She turned to the crowd. "My real name is Lady Applejacqueline of Haystings. This here's my brother, Duke Macintosh II. Ya see, brother, after Applebloom and I washed ashore, I had to find a way to take care of her, and the best way for me to do that was to dress up as a stallion. We found yerr clothes on the beach. I entered the Duke's service and have been passin' messages between him and the Lady Rarity."

"You mean..." Rarity uttered. "I...I fell in love with a...with a..."

Big Mac was there just in time to catch her. He laughed as the pieces started coming together.

"You thought I was my sister," he smirked.

"I didn't know she was your sister!" Rarity insisted. "I didn't even know she was a she!"

"It's funny. If I hadn't come here, you would've been married to a mare!"

"And that's not legal!" Pinkie Pie piped. "Not for another four hundred years, anyway!"

"I hope this doesn't change things between us," Big Mac said, taking Rarity's hooves. "I was bewitched the moment I laid eyes on you and I will still be yerr loyal husband."

Rarity nodded with a smile. "Yes. It seems nature has been kind and has turned my mistaken affection for your sister into real affection for you."

"Then you still love me?"

She giggled. "Eeyup."

Applejack and Applebloom watched in awe as their brother rubbed noses with his new wife. They gasped as his fur slowly turned from orange back to its natural red.

"Oh, now the spell wears off," Trixie grumbled.

"Wait just a minute!"

Applejack's face fell as Spike approached her.

"Let me get this straight." He raised his eyebrow at her. "You were a mare this whole time?"

She nodded solemnly. The dragon turned to Applebloom.

"And what are you? A colt?"

"Nope," Applebloom said, shaking her head. "I'm as much a filly as she is."

Spike looked back at his pagecolt (or pagefilly, really). He watched as her cheeks grew red, giving her face a slight glow. She brushed her straw-colored mane away from the glimmering emeralds that were her eyes. Those were the things he had found most attractive about her when they had first met. Had she always been this pretty, or was he only seeing it now that he knew her true gender?

Her beauty seemed to grow with every second he stared at her. Even in a stallion's clothes, she was gorgeous in his eyes. The most astonishing thing was that she was not even trying. Her beauty was natural. Everything about her was natural, now that she was being herself for the first time.

He remembered the hours they had spent together conversing, laughing, simply enjoying each other's company. Everything had been so easy with her. As he was recalling these memories, he remembered her shimmering eyes gazing at him, much like the gaze they were giving him now. They were filled with so much emotion, emotion that he knew all too well.

"Applejack," he said, slowly stepping closer to her. "You told me once that...if you should ever love a male, it would be...me."

Applejack winced, but realized there was no use hiding anymore. She opened her eyes and bravely lifted them to meet his.

"I...I meant every word I said. The disguise might have been a lie, but everything else...wasn't." A lump formed in her throat as the next words came out. "I...I love ya, Spike. I always have."

There was silence again, until Spike crossed his arms and said, "You're so fired."

Applejack's eyes widened. "What?!"

"What?!" Twilight said. She rushed to her brother's side. "Spike, you can't! I mean I know she lied about her gender, but must you be so cruel as to...?"

Spike held up his claw. "I wasn't finished!" He faced Applejack again. "As you are a mare, I can no longer keep you as my pagecolt."

Applejack hung her head in shame.

"Instead..."

Her head shot up as he took her hoof in his claws and slowly dropped to one knee.

"I wish to take you as my wife."

Every pony let out a gasp, but no pony was as shocked as Applejack.

"Oh, Spike!" she cried. "Yes! YES!"

With tears of joy, she embraced the dragon she loved and Spike smiled as he slowly put his arms around her. Once they pulled out of their embrace, her lips came crashing down on his and Spike had never tasted anything sweeter.

All the passion Applejack had been holding back was being released, as she pulled her beloved in closer, deepening their kiss. One of his claws found its way into her hair and got lost in the softness of it.

The crowd sighed in awe at the sweet sight, though Rainbow Dash was slightly disgusted.

"Hallelujah!" Pinkie sang. "Hallelujah!"

"Pinkie?" Rainbow uttered. "What are you doing?"

The jester shrugged. "Seemed appropriate."

A thought then occurred to Rainbow. He looked at Soarin and then back at the couple.

"Uh, every pony?" he called.

Spike and Applejack finally broke their kiss and turned to the knight. Rainbow set Soarin down before continuing.

"I have a confession to make too." His cheeks blushed a deep pink. "I...I'm a mare too."

There was silence for a moment. Then Pinkie Pie shrugged.

"Eh, I knew it all along."

"It was kind of obvious," said Applejack.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

Every pony else nodded.

"What, really?" Rainbow uttered.

"Wait!" Soarin exclaimed. "You're a chick?" He paused and then grinned. "That makes you even more awesome!"

Rainbow gasped as he jumped back into her hooves.

"Soarin, what are you...?"

She was cut off as the knight pressed his lips against hers. She was shocked at first, but then smiled.

"Oh, Soarin," she moaned as she kissed him back.

"Aw!" Pinkie sighed. "True love! Ain't it great?"

"It sure is," Spike giggled as he turned back to Applejack. "You know something funny? I kept seeing you in my dreams. I thought I was crazy! I didn't know why I felt so comfortable with you, why I wanted to do nothing but smile when I was with you, why I had the strange desire to have you near." He took her hooves in his claws. "I think I was falling for you too."

"Really?" Applejack asked in disbelief.

"Really." He cringed suddenly. "So your name is really Applejacqueline?"

She nodded.

"Can I still call you Applejack? It suits you better."

"I don't mind. Frankly, I've gotten used to it."

He smiled and backed away to look at her. "I wish to see you in your mare's clothes."

She chuckled. "I'm afraid I haven't got any. I left them with Captain Iron Will, the minotaur who brought me to you. He's probably halfway to Haystings by now."

"Captain Iron Will?"

Every pony looked over at Trixie, still in chains.

"I know him!" she declared. "He was in the cell across from me!"

"Cell?" Applejack said, standing up in alarm. "He's in prison?!"

"Yes! He said some donkey put him in there for squirting juice on his shirt!"

"Well that's dumb," Applebloom said.

"Wait," Rarity said, tapping her chin. "By any chance was this donkey really cranky?"

Trixie nodded. "That's how he described him."

Rarity turned to Soarin and Rainbow, who were still in their romantic embrace.

"Would one of you lovebirds go and fetch Cranky so that he may release the captain?"

The pegasi pulled apart at the mention of the donkey.

"Oh yeah," Rainbow said, smiling nervously. "Cranky..."

"Oh, I've forgotten," Rairty said, putting her hoof to her head. "He hasn't been in his wits lately. With all the excitement, he had slipped my mind! Where is he, anyway?"

"Ooh!" Pinkie piped, taking a paper out of her pocket. "That reminds me! Cranky told me to give you this letter!"

"What does it say?"

The jester cleared her throat and spoke in a loud, booming voice. "My lady, you have done me wrong, by the fires of...!"

"Why are you talking like that?" Rarity interrupted.

"I'm reading it like some pony who's crazy. It's fun!"

The white unicorn took the parchment out of the fool's hoof and handed it to Rainbow. "You read it."

The pegasus mare nodded. "My dear lady, you have done me wrong. You have shut me in darkness, treated me like a mad donkey and sent ministers to cleanse my soul. I humbly ask the reason why and that you come to me in person to give me an explanation. Sincerely yours, The Unjustly Wronged Cranky."

"He does not sound mad," Rarity observed. "Rainbow, Soarin, go set him free and return him here."

This made both pegasi uneasy, but they followed her orders anyway. Rarity turned to the Duke.

"I hope there are no hard feelings, my lord," she said softly. "It seems we've both found happiness anyway. I ask that you'll think of me as a sister rather than a wife, as we'll soon be in-laws."

"I should like that very much," Spike said with a grin. Then he turned to his sister. "Now, about your engagement..."

"Please, my lord," Flash said, putting his hoof around Twilight. "I love Twilight and she loves me. I may not have much, but I promise I will make her happy..."

"Whoa, take it easy there! I was just going to give you my blessing."

Twilight gasped. "Really?"

"I was worried that you would never find love because of me. How can I say no to this?"

Tears formed in the purple unicorn's eyes. "Oh, thank you, brother! Hey! We can have a double wedding!"

"Make it a triple!" Rarity insisted. "So that we can make ours more official! Oh! And we can have it at my house tomorrow!"

"Ooh!" Pinkie Pie chimed. "It can be a quadruple wedding with Rainbow and Soarin! OH MY GOSH! THIS WILL BE THE MOST AMAZING WEDDING EVER!"

"Whoa, whoa!" called Rainbow's voice. "Isn't that going a bit too fast?"

She and Soarin were dragging Cranky by his forelegs. He was in really bad shape, wearing a ragged white shirt and pants, his toupee gone from his bald head!

"Goodness, Cranky!" Rarity exclaimed, rushing over to him. "You look awful! Positively awful!"

"No thanks to you!" Cranky snapped. "How could you do this to me, madam? After years of loyal service..."

"Whatever are you talking about?"

"This note you sent me!" He reached into the pocket of his trousers and handed a parchment to her. "It's in your writing! You cannot deny that you told me to wear lime green stockings and a fez, to smile and act cheerful all the time! You made me look like an idiot! Was this some cruel joke of yours? I did not think you capable of..."

"Cranky, this isn't my writing."

"Of course, it is! Whose else would it be?"

"Fluttershy's."

"Did I offend you in some way that you...? Fluttershy's?"

"Yes. Although it looks a great deal like mine, it is most definitely hers. See, I often write with my horn and she writes in her mouth, so hers is a little sloppier." She paused. "Now that I think about it, Fluttershy was the first one to tell me you were insane. Though I have no idea why she would..."

She trailed off as she spied Rainbow, Soarin and Pinkie Pie trying to sneak away.

"Hold on, you three!"

They all stopped in their tracks and winced. Rarity crossed her hooves at them.

"You wouldn't happen to know anything about this, would you?"

They slowly faced her, wearing nervous smiles. She scrutinized them all.

"One of you, start talking. Now!"

"I was framed!" Soarin cried, hiding behind Rainbow Dash.

The pegasus mare sighed in defeat.

"Okay, fine! So we pulled a fast one on Cranky! But it was all in good fun, right?"

The glares she received said otherwise.

"It was all Discord's idea!" Rainbow insisted. "Well, Fluttershy came up with the letter, but only because Discord wanted revenge on Cranky for humiliating him. Well, we all wanted to get back at him, really. But you know, I'm sure we're all going to laugh about this one day! I mean if it hadn't been for that prank, Discord and Fluttershy would've never gotten hitched!"

Rarity gasped. "They what?!"

"Oops. But really! You know what they say! An eye for an eye. Cranky humiliated us, we humiliated him."

"I was part of this too!" Pinkie exclaimed proudly, turning to Cranky. "I'm sure you remember," she spoke in her old stallion's voice, "Father Puddinghead!" The donkey gritted his teeth at her. "Aw, don't be so cranky, Cranky! You remember! Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrown in their face with a cream pie!" The jester crossed her forelegs. "You know, this never would've happened if you had just been my friend."

Cranky growled at the three. "I'll get you for this! I'll have my revenge on every single one of you!"

He then ran angrily into the house.

"Poor dear," Rarity said, shaking her head. "He has been greatly abused."

Spike turned to one of his guards. "Go after him and calm him down. He has not told us of the captain yet. Well, no matter. I'm still Duke. I'll go down to the prison and free him myself. When that's taken care of," he took the hooves of his beloved, "we'll all get married."

"One thing I don't get," Soarin declared, looking at Rainbow Dash. "Why did you dress up as a dude?"

Rainbow sighed. "Father was a knight, wanted to be a knight too, couldn't, 'cuz I'm a girl, Father died, went to orphanage, found Scootaloo, both ran away, I became a knight, she became my squire."

"Oh," the pegasus stallion nodded. "Now I get why you never wanted to dress in the same tent. And why you didn't want me to marry Rarity."

She blushed with a smile. "Well...you're kind of a baby, but you're also cute."

"So is that a yes on the quadruple wedding?" Pinkie demanded.

Rainbow and Soarin glanced at each other and shrugged.

"Eh, why not?" they said.

"It's settled then," Spike declared. "Come on, Applejack, let's go get your captain."

Applejack had never felt so happy. Not only had her brother come back from the dead, but the love of her life loved her in return. She could not help but laugh at what it had taken for them to get here. If their ship had not crashed and she had not put on the disguise, she would have never met Spike.

"I guess all things happen for a reason," she muttered to herself.

She did not think anyone had heard her, but Spike had, and he understood what she meant. Even if Applejack had come to serve him as a mare, he did not think he would have gotten to know her the way he had when she was a stallion. He hoped to see her in her true garments soon, but in truth, he did not care.

It did not matter what she wore. Her beauty shone through her attire like the sun. Her appearance also did not matter. She was everything he had ever wanted in a mare: honest (aside from the whole disguise), dependable, caring, and the only one who could put up with all his stupidity.

Mare or stallion, she would always be his Applejack, the pony of his dreams.

Author's Note:

We're not done yet! There's still the epilogue!