• Published 16th Oct 2013
  • 681 Views, 18 Comments

Wizards of Equestria - adaptroug



Head master ambrose entrusted me ,the life wizard Malvin Darkrider, with a cursed Discord card that sends me to Equestria

  • ...
11
 18
 681

Old friends

"Headmaster!!" I yelled when I woke up.

Realizing how rapid my breathing became I quickly cast my calm spell to slow my breathing.

"It was just a dream Darkrider, just a dream," I reassured my self while sitting up.

There is only one thing that can help me but I can't use it, I thought remembering the celestial calendar. An artifact that shows what was and when it might happen again. If I had that at my disposal I could see when the space-time barrier is at it's weakest and cross.

"No use dwelling in what could be," I said to myself, "look toward the future while living in the present."

I stood up and went to my pack with all my stuff.

"Let's see, nope, no, no, not you, there you three are," I said grabbing my old notebook, deck, and staff.

Clipping my deck onto my belt I made my way to the kitchen to see if twilight was up.






Upon reaching the ground floor I smelled some eggs frying. Eggs. I remember them from back home, to bad Lord Angle ate my chickens.

Flowing my nose to the smell I found not only the eggs but a small grounded dragon cooking them staring right at me.

"Intruder!!" the purple dragon yelled as he ran at me.

He then bit my leg.

Let's see if training with the ninja-pigs did me any good, I thought with the dragon's jaw pressure starting to bite a small amount of my leg off causing some major bleeding.

Screaming in pain I back flipped throwing the dragon agents the stair case with a portion of my calves in his mouth.

"Spike what did you do," an irritated Twilight said at the top of the staircase.

"Twilight, this... thing broke into our house," the dragon said scrambling up the stairs.

"Spike, That was the teacher I told yo about last night," Twilight said catching Spike off guard, "Malvin, Do you need a hospital."

"Na,I got this," I said making seemingly random hand gestures in the air to summon my fairy.

The fairy appeared not surprised that I had been Injured and healed the wound quickly. Unlike a normal summon the fairy looked at me and gave me a cute little smile before vanishing.

"H-h-how did you do that," Both spike and Twilight said in unison.

"What? That old trick?" I asked them.

"Yes."

"But you aren't a unicorn," Spike replied pointing out the obvious.

"I channel life energy through my hands to create my magic similar to that of a unicorn horn," I said knowing this all because of Light.

"Let's eat, then you can show he some of the spells you know," twilight said enthusiastic about learning.

"Only life magic, not storm, not myth, just life," I reminded her.




Breakfast was uneventful except one-hundred apologies from spike for taking a chunk out of my leg.

Spike after finishing his breakfast ran to Rarity's shop to help out.



"So how will we get started?" were the first words Twilight said during our lesson.

"Like all wizards, new or veteran you need to know your class symbol," I said grabbing a fairy card and my notebook.

"How will a card teach me magic?"

"You remind me of myself when I first joined the wizard academy," I said remembering my friend and rival Calvin Lightfire as I found the page with the life symbols on it.

"The first symbol is what shows you the class," I said referencing the leaf on the notebook and card, "the other is used to cast all manor of that class of spell."

"Why don't you use the cards any more?" she asked for how well I used the card to heal my leg without looking at it.

"I just memorized the card and it's powers and I see them in my head before I use them," remembering all the times I fought without using my deck, "Yet beginners should always look at the card before they cast...." I was cut off by two sonic booms followed by lightning.

"What was that?" I said startled by the two sonic booms.

"Probably dash," Twilight said like sonic booms were normal.

"Alright, anyways the basis of a life wizard is to heal and defend to burn up your oponents...." two more sonic booms cut me off followed by more lightning.

"Dash isn't that good," Twilight said.

"Wait a minute," I said going to a window.

I then saw a black ring and a white ring form deep within the forest along with lightning jumping between the two.

My eyes went wide when I felt some familiar storm magic from that area.

"What is that," Twilight asked.

"Three magics combined, Life, Death, and storm. We need to find the source."

"We need Fluttershy, she will want to know if any animals are hurt," Twilight said as we went out the door.

"Good thinking, My magic doesn't work so well with wild animals."





We reached Fluttershy's cottage which was right next to the forest entrance.

"Oh my, please calm down," Fluttershy said trying to calm her animals down every time the sonic booms went off.

"I hope this works," I mumbled to myself casting a major calm spell over the area catching all of their attention.

"What was that? why do I feel so calm?" Twilight asked.

"A major calm spell, d for a first test run I say it did quite well."

Another set of sonic booms went off but the animals stayed calm.

"Fluttershy, animals in the forest might be hurt. Grab what you need and lets move," I quickly said.

"I already was heading that way when my animals got so scared."

"Don't worry. The spell I used will wear off in about two hours though."

She then grabbed her saddlebag and we made our way into the forest.







It took about one hour but we were close to where the sonic booms were coming from.

"I should take the lead in case the sonic booms are from a wizard trying to get back home," I said taking a slightly faster pace.

I had reached where the noise was coming from and motioned to the other two to wait behind a shrub while I check it out.



I saw a black dragon and a white dragon getting their stamina enchanted by a white unicorn with a mint green mane while a purple unicorn with a purple hue with a dark purple striped mane cast lightning spells.

"At this rate we should just give up," the black dragon said.

"Why, you are putting on such a nice show," I said drawing their attention.

"Malvin!!!" both of the dragons screamed tackling throwing me over the shrub where Twilight and Fluttershy were hiding.









Their eyes were Green and Grey.