• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 7,670 Views, 218 Comments

The Street Dragon and the Cotton Candy Baker - DARKPHANTOM13



Twilight's parents divorced seven years ago when she was ten. She went to live with her mother while her eight year old adoptive brother went to live with their father. Now that she's seventeen and moved to Ponyville Spike is moving in.

  • ...
28
 218
 7,670

Ice Cream and New Friends

Third Person P.O.V.

The front door of the Sparkle household opened as seven teenagers made their way inside. Most slumped their way to the couch or floor of the living room due to either physical or mental exhaustion. Spike and Pinkie were the exceptions as the former didn't run around the entire mall looking for someone and the latter always has a large amount of hyped up energy. Spike knew the girls were tired from trying to find him, but he normally wasn't one to let a chance to tease someone slip pass him.

"Man, you girls have to get out more. Going to the mall shouldn't wipe you out this bad," Spike said with a cheeky grin. As he expected, he got a set of five glares from the girls. Surprisingly, Pinkie Pie joined in on the teasing.

"Maybe you guys should join a gym?" she said with a giggle. Spike shook his head at the mock suggestion.

"Nah, those places are a scam."

"What do you mean," Pinkie asked as she tilted her head to one side. "I know this guy in our high school, Butch Biceps, that practically lives there and he's huge! Well, not actually lives there, at least I don't think so, though it would explain how he got so big. If that is the case-" The cotton candy haired girl would have continued if Spike didn't decide to cut her off.

"How big are we talking about? Boxer, pro wrestler, or Olympic bodybuilder big?"

"I think the last one."

"Damn, and he is in high school? Was he held back more than once or is he taking any steroids or something?"

"No and no. He's actually pretty smart and he's anti-drugs. He prefers either working out at the gym or some rural recipes that promote good health and muscle building. Rumor has it that his family has a secret recipe for cookies that are actually good for your cholesterol."

"Wait, really? Huh, I got to remember to meet this guy, see if that true and if he's willing to share the recipe. Anyway people can still get in shape without joining a gym. Nothing like some old fashion jogging or heavy lifting to lose some weight and gain some muscle."

"But don't you need weights or other equipment for that?"

"Not necessarily Pinkie..."

From there the two went back and forth, Pinkie constantly jumping from one topic to the next. The rest of the girls were surprised how well Spike was keeping up with the hyperactive girl. Though that didn't mean that Spike didn't get blindsided by Pinkie's randomness from time to time.

"Looks like those two are getting along," Rainbow Dash points out with a grin.

"Yes, it would appear so," Rarity agrees with a cunning smile forming on her face and a glint in her eye.

"I know that look of yours Rarity. What are ya scheming this time?" Applejack asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not, how you say, scheming or anything of the sort." Rarity denies before turning towards Twilight. "Twilight, what kind of a person is Spike?"

The book loving teen tapped her chin in thought before saying, "Well, if he is anything like when we were kids, he's hardworking, quick witted, and helpful. However, he's also usually blunt, really sarcastic, a bit greedy, and a workaholic sometimes."

"And a bit of a troll from the looks of things," Rainbow added.

"That's a new thing, but he has managed to keep me grounded more times than I can count when I go... overboard."

"Hmm, it looks like we have a match," Rarity said as she rubbed her hands together like a cartoon villain.

"Rarity, you shouldn't try to force people to be together, if you don't mind me saying so," Fluttershy said, before whispering her signature phrase.

"Forcing people together almost never works dear." Rarity declared, causing the four girls to sign in relief. "That is why I plan to nudge them together, at the very least, to get them to see whether or not they are compatible." Everyone couldn't help but facepalm at the statement.

"I know that at this point it would be impossible to stop you so I'm not going to even try," Twilight said before glaring at Rarity with a fury that only a protective older sister can wield. "but if Spike ends up with a broken heart, you will be sorry."

"D-Duly noted, Twilight," Rarity stuttered. Twilight nodded before she and the rest of the girls turned their attentions back to Pinkie and Spike's conversation, which at some point had turned into a small argument.

"How can you not like Strawberry Shortcake ice cream bars?!" The pink haired teen asked loudly, as if Spike just said there was no such thing as gravity. "They're the best ice cream in the whole, wide world."

"Hey, I didn't say I didn't like them," The street fighter corrected. He had raised his eyebrow at the enthusiasm the pink haired girl was about ice cream, but took it in stride. "As a matter of fact I'm a big fan of the stuff. However, in my opinion, it is only second best compared to caramel ice cream."

"...They make caramel ice cream?" Pinkie asked with a revered whisper.

"Of course they do," The young teen answered before the slightly taller teen before him grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Who makes the best caramel ice cream and where can I get some?"

"Well I would recommend my current favorite brand for that flavor, which is Haagen-Dazs. You can probably find some at Wal-Mart; that's where I always get mine."

Before the male could even blink, he was forced to finally feel the full fury of an excited Pinkie Pie's signature death hug. With strength that Spike didn't think she was capable of, she lifted him about an inch off the ground and easily hopped in place, even with his added weight. The position also caused her cheek to somewhat rubbed against his as she jumped with excitement.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she yelled with glee. It was only due to the Street Dragon's pride that kept him from showing any sign of pain on his face from the bone crushing hug. Too bad the same couldn't be said about the small blush on his face. He let out a small sigh of relief when he thought nobody noticed. Unfortunately for him, that wasn't the case. Rarity had managed to see the whole thing, but pretended otherwise. That blush just made her even more determined to see those two get together.

"No prob, now can you let me go?" Spike pleaded, a little short of breath. Once the sugar high girl let go of her new friend, the green haired teen quickly regained his composure. It was then that his and Twilight's mother enter their home.

"I'm home!" Twilight Velvet announced as she closed and locked the door behind her. She received a round of greetings from everyone in the house. "I see that you've met Twilight and her friends, Spike."

"Yeah. At the very least, they won't make things dull around here. And they've done wonders for Twilight," Spike said with his usual cheeky grin.

"I know. There isn't a day that I am not thankful that Twilight met them," the older woman replied, completely serious.

"MOM!!!" The former loner whined while her friends snickered at her expense.

"Lighten up honey, I was just teasing you," Velvet consoled before asking the other girls, "Are you five staying for dinner?"

"No thanks. We all will be heading home in a little bit," Applejack answered.

"Okay then. I'll be upstairs if you need anything," Velvet said as she left the room. There was a moment of silence while the seven decided on what they should do next. The one who broke it was the expert of the group.

"Sooo..." Pinkie started as she pulled out a 3DS out of her hair. "Anyone up for a Pokémon battle?" Her friends response was a group of groans.

"No way! We're tired of getting our butts handed to us by you," Rainbow complained, the other girls nodding their heads in agreement.

"I'll play you," Spike said with a shrug.

"Really?" The young baker asked with sparkles in her eyes. The other girls were silently telling Spike not to do it.

"Why not, it's been a while since I've had a battle. Let me just get my 3DS," The green haired teen quickly ran up to his room.

"He's going to lose," Twilight said with a sad shake of his head.

"Big time," Rainbow agreed.


---30 minutes later---


"How the heck did my shiny Dragonite lose to a freaking floating sundae!?" the street fighter yelled in disbelief. "That Fire Blast should have been an instant kill!"

"You almost had me, but once again my Coney has prevailed once again," Pinkie praised her prized Pokémon.

"I demand a rematch!" Spike declared.

"Sorry Spike, but they have to get going." Twilight said as her friends were getting up to leave.

"But I'm more than happy to battle again tomorrow," The pink haired girl told the younger teen.

"You're on, I hope your ready to lose!" Spike yelled with a challenging grin of his face. Everyone said their goodbyes as five of the Main Six left their friends' house. It was when their mom made her way down the stairs.

"Did your friends leave Twilight?"

"Yes, just now."

"Okay then, I'll get started on dinner." The mother said as she walked to the kitchen.

"Mind if I help? I'm a pretty good cook," Spike offered.

"Sure thing honey. It's nice to have a helping hand in the kitchen." His mother answered as she gathered what they needed.

"Speaking of which, has Twilight gotten any better at that department?" he asked.

"Sort of, if it involves the microwave or the coffeemaker than she is pretty much fine. Anything more advance than that and she is hopeless."

"Well, at least she has improved," Spike chuckled.

"So what do you think of Ponyville so far?"

Spike took a moment to think about the day and the new friends he made. A smile appeared on his face when he answered, "I think it's going to be an interesting place to live."

Author's Note:

Once again I would like to thank Starblade for his/her editing skills.

Comments ( 27 )

It Lives:pinkiecrazy:

nice to see you agein

Awesome job. I'm glad you got back into this. There's a lot of others with Spike fics I wished to see updated, and I'm glad you updated this one.

Ahhhh the bone crushing hugs

Well, u know I don't think I've tried either of those ice-cream flavors before but, they sound tasty 'nuff to try sometime in t near future :applejackunsure:; anyways things seem well for Spike so far in Ponyville n' can't wait to see what happens :twilightsmile:

That moment when you wanted to say you finally updated your story just to realize you haven't updated your own in a while

6651981 There both something I came across over the years and liked.:pinkiehappy: I usually get he strawberry shortcake ice cream bar from the 99cent store and other places while the other flavor from Walmart.

YOU'R BACK YES YES YES. HAHAHAHA LOVE YOU'R STORY : )

Cool to see more of this story, Pinkie so cheated in the battle.

6652253 Great to see this story has returned to us after over a year hiatus. We all hope to read more soon, and keep up the good work!

:pinkiehappy:

Yay! A new chapter!!!!

Yay! It's been a while since the last chapter

6652253
Cool, both sound lik easy 'nuff finds; especially t caramel I think :duck:

it's alive IT"S ALIVE

I mean if you put a dragon type up against an ice type u in trouble plus dragonite are physical fighters teach it fire punch and give it a charcoal to hold.

Please tell me this fic isn't dead :'(

Eh, I'm more of a Mint Chip kinda guy.

7881433
I'd like to know this too, but I don't think it is. The author is still active on the site. Might just have writers block or something.

Pls update suspense is killing me

When is the next update?

Please continue writing this I can’t wait to see what happens next

I wonder if spike will have a dragon tattoo on his back or something I mean he is a street fighter in this story so it would fit would it not?
Oh why has twilight or her friends not asked about spikes scars yet or at the very least the one on his cheek?
Good story update soon please this story is to good to let it die!

You will continue this story. OBEY! OBEY! OBEY!!!

Will be reading even if it’s never finished!

Please for the love of God continue the story. It is an amazing story, it is beautiful in this conception and I wish there was more to read..........

Please continue this story

Login or register to comment