• Published 18th Dec 2013
  • 7,672 Views, 218 Comments

The Street Dragon and the Cotton Candy Baker - DARKPHANTOM13



Twilight's parents divorced seven years ago when she was ten. She went to live with her mother while her eight year old adoptive brother went to live with their father. Now that she's seventeen and moved to Ponyville Spike is moving in.

  • ...
28
 218
 7,672

New Home

I took in the sights of the town I'll be living in for who knows how long as the truck makes its way to my new home. I'm kind of surprised; with a name like Ponyville you would it would be one of those smaller country towns. While it's not exactly a city it's definitely not a small underdeveloped place. It had a little of with one or two large farms and a pretty decent mall and movie theater. At least I won't feel completely out of place here since I'm use to the big city life. We soon found ourselves at my mom's and sister's home. It's a nice yet simple two story house with a separate garage next to the built in one. The jam guy, which I'm going to call him for the moment since I don't know his name, pulls up to the driveway and come to a complete stop. I quickly jump out of the moving van for the chance to move my body again.

The front door opened as a familiar middle aged woman walked out of the house. She was a beautiful woman about average height with a white blouse, a purple skirt that went to her ankles, and with some sensible shoes. Velvet Sparkle didn't change that much since the last time I saw her. She smiled as she made her way to me and gave me a hug. While I had grown I still only came up a little bit above her shoulders. "Hello Spike, it's good to see you again. How was your trip?"

"It's good to see you too mom. As for the trip, it was pretty boring." I replied. I looked behind her, hoping to see a certain purple haired bookworm. "Where is Twilight?"

"She's at school right now. She'll be back in a few hours."

"Speaking of which when do I go to school?"

"You are going to the same as Twilight the day after tomorrow."

"At least it gives me another day to settle in and learn my way around. Thanks for letting me use that garage for my ride, tools, and stuff."

"No problem honey. It was mostly just gathering dust in there anyway. I’m kind of surprised that you took up an interest in that sort of thing."

"Yeah, back when I was ten, my friend showed me how to fix my skateboard. I took a liking to it and before I knew it, I was a big gearhead. Even got a part-time job at a small auto shop. Dad was glad I finally had a hobby that didn't involve hitting things or staring at a screen."

"You had a job? I'm sorry you had to quit."

"Don't worry about it. The old man who ran it was sad to see me go but he understood. Beside I can still keep in touch with him through e-mails and stuff. It shouldn't be too hard to find another job and I'll have a great reference if I need it."

"That's good to hear. Now let’s get you moved in. If we hurry we should be done by the time Twilight gets back from school."

"Good idea." As we made our way to the back of the van I asked, "By the way did Twilight managed make any friends?" When we were little Twilight hardly interacted with anyone that wasn't family. She normally preferred books over people.

"Believe it or not she managed to make five different friends. Thanks to those girls they made her more of a people person and outgoing. They can be a tad...odd at times though." That was a load off my mind. Though I wondered what she meant by odd.

"That's good to know. I hope I get to meet them soon." It turns out that the jelly guy had already opened the back and started unhooking some of the stuff that was anchored down. "Thanks for getting started without us umm...sorry, I didn't catch your name." I said awkwardly as I rubbed the back of my hair out of habit.

"No problem," He replied as he gave me a quick smile than went back to what he was doing. "And my name is Welch, Welch Jam." Welch? As in the jelly brand?

"Of course it is." I muttered to myself as I rolled up my selves and went to work helping him. Can't let the guy do all the work since it's my stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time at Ponyville High School. Everybody was eating, talking, hanging out with friends, or a combination of the three like myself. Though I haven't been talking all that much, I was too excited. I'm finally going to see Spike after so long. For once I couldn't wait for school to end.

"Hey Twilight, earth to Twilight?" Rainbow Dash asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts. She was a junior and the athlete of the group with the build to match. She was on the track and girls basketball team. With her blue jersey, shirts, shorts, and white and blue sneakers it was easy to tell that she was a jock. What really made her stand out was her rainbow streak hair.

"Sorry about that Rainbow," I replied with a happy smile on my face. I took a quick bite of my sandwich.

"What has you in such a good mood darling?" Rarity asked as she wiped her mouth with her napkin. She was a senior like me and was a person of high class. With a stylish with blouse, dark purple skirt, knee high boots, and stylized hair it was easy to tell she was someone knew a thing or two about fashion. With her looks and sleek figure she had most of the males of the school head over heels with her.

"It's because my little brother, Spike, is going to move in with mom and I." I answered, practically shaking with excitement.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait to meet him. I'll give him the best 'Welcome to Ponyville' part ever!" Pinkie cheered. She was in the same year as Rainbow Dash. Her happy go lucky attitude and being on a constant sugar rush could put a smile on anyone's face. With her white and pink shirt, light pink jeans, and pink and white shoes it was easy to tell what her favorite color is. Due to all the sweets she eats she was plump but by no means fat. Most of the sugar going to her chest and hips with only a little on her stomach.

"Say Twilight, how old is the younging and what year is he going to be?" Applejack asked. She was the last senior of our group. She was the tallest and had a muscular build to her due to life working on the farm with her family. She was a hard worker in everything she did and was honest. With her brown cargo shirt, work jeans, cowboy boots, and her signature hat gave her the look of a cowgirl.

"He's 15 and I think he's a sophomore." I answered. I wasn't soon sure about that last since I hadn't talked to him in a long while.

"I can't wait to meet him, if you don't mind that is." Fluttershy said quietly. She was in the same year as Rainbow and Pinkie. While she had the looks and personality to melt even the coldest of hearts she was extremely shy. However she has gotten better since we all started to hanging out. A lot of her time spent in town animal shelter. Her amazing figure was hidden under her green turtleneck sweater, long brown skirt, and sensible shoes.

"Oh sure. How about you girls come over after school to meet him?" I asked. Everyone either nodded or voiced their agreements. "You guys are going to love him. When he was little he was the sweetest, caring, and gentlest boy ever."

---------------------------------

Meanwhile

"ACHOO!" Spike sneezed as he managed to keep himself from losing his grip on the box he was caring.

"That was a pretty big sneeze dude. Are you getting sick?" Welch asked.

"Naw, I'm fine. I think is someone is talking about me. Spike answered, wondering how is talking about him.

"If you say so. Anyway, where do you want the punching bag and stand to go?"

"Just put it in the garage."

"Okay and you should think about buying a new bag. This one is beat to hell."

"Of course its beat to hell, it's a punching bag."

Author's Note:

If nobody has given jelly pony a name than let him be known for now on as Welch Jam! Spread the word my fellow readers!