• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 15,553 Views, 3,181 Comments

The Dragon and the Force - FenrisianBrony



Spike disappears from Equestria, and ends up surrounded by Jedi

  • ...
65
 3,181
 15,553

PreviousChapters Next
Engulfed

***

1 Hour prior. Equestria

***

Spike smiled as he led Rarity down a narrow path, surrounded on all sides by hills of pure whiteness.

“Oh Spike, this is so romantic.” Rarity smiled, planting a kiss on Spikes cheek.

“Just wait milady.” Spike smiled, holding Rarity’s hoof and leading her forward.

Eventually, the pair crested the hill they were on, and looked out over the landscape. As far as the eye could see, large scoops of ice cream dominated the landscape, being both of the ground and stuck on oversized Popsicle sticks.

“Is that a…” Rarity began, her voice coming out in an amazed whisper.

“Yes.” Spike smiled, pointing to a large house in the distance. “It’s my gingerbread castle in the land of ice cream.” He said dreamily. “Come on, I’ll show you.”

Beckoning for Rarity to follow him, Spike jumped forward, closing the large gap in a single bound, before turning and effortlessly catching Rarity and embracing her in a tight hug, his face hovering a few inches away from hers.

“Oh Spike, kiss me.” Rarity breathed.

“As you wish.” Spike said humbly, before moving forward and covering the last few inches.

For a moment, the pair lost themselves in the moment, as they both closed their eyes to enhance the moment further.

***

“Oh Rarity.” Spike moaned, rolling over in his bed and throwing his arms around his pillow, pulling it tighter to his chest.

For a moment, Spike was lost in the imaginary moment. Eventually though, all good things have to come to an end, and Spikes eyes flew open. Sighing, he relinquished his grip on the pillow and sat up in bed, glancing out of the window to judge the time.

The outside world was still gripped by Luna’s night, and Spike sighed a second time. Once again, he had awoken in the middle of the night over Rarity. One of these days he was going to have to bite the proverbial crossbow and confess his true feelings to her.

“In fact, I’m going to do it right now.” Spike said to himself.

Jumping out of his bed, Spike marched over to the door, reaching to grab the handle, before stopping and considering his options.

“Or…I could wait another couple of days.” He reasoned, withdrawing his hand and walking back over to his bed.

Jumping back into bed, Spike wrapped the covers back around himself, snuggling back into his pillow and drifting back off to sleep.

Instantly, his vision was filled with the image of Rarity, and he smiled as he saw the light of his world appear again.

Speaking of light, Rarity did seem to have a certain, glow, about her.

“Rarity, you’re glowing.” Spike said uncertainly.

“Why thank you Spike.” Rarity smiled.

As Spike watched, the light emanating from within Rarity continued to grow, and Spikes confusion grew in equal proportion.

“Rarity…” Spike continued, before she completely disappeared into the light.

Sighing, Spike realised he had probably forgotten to put out a candle somewhere in his room.

Cracking his eyes open, he looked around his room, looking for the wayward candle.

Instead, his eyes focused on a small ball of pure white light hovering just at the end of his bed.

Throwing the covers off himself, he crawled to the end of the bed and looked at the strange ball. It wasn’t doing anything, or changing in anyway, it was just, floating there.

Curiously, Spike raised a finger, extending a claw towards the sphere and slowly, with the upmost caution, touched the sphere.

Instantly, the sphere changed, taking on a much darker pallor, and emitting a small burst of energy, which pushed Spike away from it and smashed him into the headboard, dazing him slightly.

“Ugh…Twilight, is this something to do with you?” He mumbled.

Slowly, the sphere began to grow, expanding outwards and beginning to advance up the bed towards where Spike was lying. As it did this, something began to exert a force on Spike, and small objects from around the room began to shake violently, before beginning to move towards the sphere.

“Twilight?” Spike asked, his voice getting slightly louder.

The sphere continued to grow in both size and as it did so, the force it was exerting on everything else grew as well. Grabbing hold of the Headboard, Spike held on for dear life as his feet were pulled towards the energy.

“TWILIGHT!” He screamed, now truly terrified, before beginning to lose his grip on the headboard.

“Ugh…what is it Spike?” Came the voice of Twilight from a few rooms over.

“HELP!” He screamed, his claws scraping deep furrows into the dark wood as he was pulled harder by the invisible force.

“Hold on.” She shouted, before a crash was heard around the house, and emanating from Twilights room.

“NOOOOO!” He screamed, finally losing his grip on the bed as the wood splintered under his claws.

Flying backwards through the air, he desperately tried to grab onto anything he could, but for once, his claws were working against him, as everything he tried to grab ripped under his grip.

As soon as his feet touched the energy, a burning sensation travelled up his body, as smaller tendrils of energy snaked up his body, engulfing him fully, before with a final last scream, he was dragged into the ball of energy, disappearing from the room.

A moment later, Twilight burst into the room, just in time to see a small white ball fade from existence at the end of Spikes bed.

“S…spike?” She asked uncertainly, looking around the room.

Darting around the room, she took in every aspect of the room, including the large amount of new bits of stuff littering the floor, ranging from a few pencils to whole notebooks worth of parchment.

“Spike?!” She shouted, tears forming in her eyes. “Spike!”

When there was no reply, tears began to appear in ever larger numbers in her eyes. Quickly, she ran out of the room, checking the whole of the library for something, anything, that could help her in her time of need. Finding nothing, and with tears freely flowing down her, she sprinted for the door, teleporting a second before she hit it and materialising on the other side.

Stepping back from the door, she stared up at the tree. From the outside, it looked exactly how it always looked. No structural damage, no magical residue floating around it, nothing.

“Spike?” She uttered mindlessly.

She thought about that for a moment, stunned. Sluggish. Suddenly, a thought hit her, and instantly, she decided on her next course of action.

Taking off at a sprint, her horn lit up, and she covered herself in a purple aura, casting her cloudwalker spell, and continuing running, before disappearing in a soft pop.

Re-appearing again, she found herself on Rainbow Dash’s porch. Not wasting time with knocking, she burst into the house, sprinting up to Rainbows room and shaking the Pegasus awake.

“Rainbow! My library! Now!” She screamed, before vanishing again.

Rainbow looked perplexed at the area that Twilight had just been, before rolling out of bed and moving sluggishly towards the door.

***

A few miles away, Twilight reappeared directly outside of Applejacks bedroom, before repeating the process she had done with Rainbow.

Twilight repeated the process three more times, before rematerializing outside of her library, and waited for her friends.

Spike may have disappeared, but she was not going to give up looking, and she would tear the world in two, before she gave up on her non-blood little brother.

PreviousChapters Next