• Published 11th Oct 2011
  • 12,341 Views, 324 Comments

Celestial Bodies - Davesknd



There are things that will be written into the books of history. These stories will not!

  • ...
17
 324
 12,341

Sleep of the just

The realm of limited possibility. Even a land like Equestria, with its magic, monsters and seemingly unending potential was and would always be limited. It had to be. Existence could not endure the absolute chaos of endless potential. The necessity to bind Discord was proof of that.

But there was a land that was unfettered by consequences, unbound by the equilibrium of chance and immune to any damage that reality might suffer.

This land was the dreaming. The sphere of the mind and the soul, of psyche and fantasy, of hope and nightmare.

Here reality was a mere shadow and only the mind of the dreamer would forge experience. Here, memory was refined into dreams and seen through the eyes of the mind alone.

Here, Princess Luna ruled absolute.

No longer a nightmare, the moon Princess now stalked the dreaming, seeking suffering subjects and guiding them towards a better understanding of their torment. Never directly defeating their pain, but rather guiding them towards helping themselves.

Now the ferrymare of the rivers of rest was following a cry of pain. One of her subjects was plagued by nightmares.

And while worry filled the eyes of the moon princess, there was a glint of delight behind it. For the cry came from a very peculiar pony and she was glad that she could lend assistance to him.

The dreamer was none other than the leader of her followers: Autumn Galerina.

A curious and slightly worrying stallion to say the least, but Luna could not deny that she liked his honest devotion and loyalty. Maybe not as much as she had enjoyed Nightmare Night in Ponyville, but she was thankful that he organized her followers.

And now, she had the chance to repay him.

Luna dove deeper into the dreaming and approached the place from where she had heard Autumn’s agony. Currently, the stallion was awake, probably sitting straight in his bed and (even though the thought did not cross the... slightly antique mind of the moon princess) being consoled by his lover, the former secret agent and now pegasus night guard, Diamond Shadow.

Now, the moon princess just had to wait until the stallion calmed and returned to her land of dreams.
Soon, Luna could see the dreaming twist and reform, as the psyche of her follower shaped the dimension in its image. The dark princess found a hiding spot and waited for the dream to play out. Intervening without understanding the problem could cause more harm than good.

As the world slowly turned into a simulacrum of the royal throne room, Luna felt a slight pressure building behind her forehead.

The stallion’s mind was unhinged.

Nature and nurture had taken a toll on Autumn’s sanity and his dreams reflected it. For any other being, seeing his world directly and unaltered was like wearing a pair of not prescribed glasses. The world just didn’t feel right.

The moon princess always found it easiest to point out the details. It helped to understand how the dreamer perceived reality around him.

She quickly hid inside a tapestry, taking on the form of the starry sky and watched as her follower’s dream self formed.

Luna’s eyes widened slightly.

Autumn had never been one gifted with dashing good looks, but besides being lanky and having a weird manecut, he was at least average looking.

His dream self was, in one word, ugly.

His nose too big, his hair refusing to stay down, his legs almost skeletal and the one thing Luna found truly impressive about him, his fiery crimson eyes that shone out from under his hood when he called Celestia a tyrant and announced the end of her reign, seemed milky and unfocused.

Besides that, he was clad in his robe and with his girlfriend, who seemed to still possess feathery wings.
They were both kneeling and as Luna turned her gaze towards the throne, she could see why:
This throne did not exist in Equestria. This throne consisted of roughly 400 tons of black steel, lovingly smelted into a mish-mash of spikes, blades and spires for heads.

And the moon princess had to admit that in her Nightmare Moon phase, she would have loved it!

Even though the skulls were a bit much.

And on the throne sat Nightmare Moon. An almost perfect simulacrum of Luna’s past. Black coat, hate filled eyes and a sneer of arrogance plastered on her face. Yes, the moon princess could remember.

“Followers!” the Nightmare announced in a deep and booming voice. To Luna’s surprise, pointed teeth filled her maw. And seemed to be even taller than she used to be. “You have done us proud! Thanks to your diligence, hard work and secrecy, our return was successful! The night shall last forever! The sun is gone and you ensure that it will not be missed! We defeated Celestia, but you, you made her obsolete! For this, you shall see our gratitude! The moon rewards her servant well!”

“My lady, we did it because we believed in it. There is no need to...” Autumn answered, but he was silenced by a raised hoof.

“We insist!” Nightmare Moon said firmly.

Both followers lowered their heads, waiting for their reward.

“Diamond Shadow!” the usurper announced “You have supported and assisted my head follower well and now, you shall do the same for us! You shall become our concubine! We shall put you in sexy outfits, show you to the entire world, but only your princess shall touch you for the rest of time! Of course you have to leave any current lover forever, but that should not be a big deal compared to getting a piece of dark queen every sleep circle and sometimes during the lunch break.”

“I happily accept!” the Pegasus answered.

Autumn’s mandible literally hit the ground.

“Sorry, hon, our queen’s orders and all.” She announced happily, discarded her robes, under which she wore a quartet of very sexy stockings and took her place, sexily spread between the forelegs of Nightmare Moon. Luna could see the stallion’s eyes fill with tears.

“And you, Autumn Galerina!” Nightmare Moon turned to the completely confused stallion “You shall become part of the royal family. We shall make you one of us...”

The follower let out a confused sob.

“By marrying you to the highest noble available!” the terror queen concluded. “Come in! Prince Blueblood!”

Terror invaded the stallion’s features as he quickly looked around, suddenly surrounded by wedding guests.
Prince Blueblood was standing next to him, clad in a tuxedo and wearing a sultry grin on his face.

Autumn looked down, suddenly dressed in an extremely revealing and salacious, white wedding dress with a big white ribbon around his tail and a blue garter around his hind leg.

Several of his family members, including his grandmother were close to tears as Nightmare Moon presented the rings.

“NOOOO! I don’t want to lose Diamond Shadow! I don’t want to marry Blueblood! And this white clashes with my coaaaat!” the desperate and grey stallion wailed.

“Oh, it’s just the nerves...” the prince soothed from the side and whispered into his ear “Trust me; the honeymoon will be all you ever wished for, my dear wife.”

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!”

The dream world collapsed as Autumn awoke screaming, torn back to reality by shock and terror.

Luna remained in the dreams.
After ten minutes, she managed to get over the shock and close her mouth again.
Quietly, the let out a sigh and focused her magic.
A coffee maker appeared out of the aether.
This would take a while...

Author's Note:

Again, I can only apologize...
Anyways, I really wanted to give the followers more screen time (can you say that when you are writing? But then again, this is the internet, so it IS screen time) and the Luna being able to enter the dreamland was just too great a chance.
If you want to learn more about the two, head over to "Between Day and Night" where they are currently in the rank of supporting cast members.

Next time: Crossover with Kirby! Luna dethrones King Dedede!