• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 6,253 Views, 332 Comments

Hatred of the Anti-Brony - Angrywritingskills



I hate the world of Equestria. Eversince Earth and it became connected I have gone through a deep depression. I know whose fault it is and I know one day everyone will look at me and know I was right about ponies and the bronies too.

  • ...
58
 332
 6,253

Chapter 33: Liars

I opened my eyes with a sudden jolt of my muscles. I didn’t remember falling asleep but I remembered going into bed. After that it’s hard to think about but for some reason I feel more energized than ever before. Because of this I leapt up from bed. I actually feel so good I bet I could just run for miles.

When I got up something fell from my person. I looked down to see it was just my bag of loot. I snatched it off the ground and looked at it again. It was still as mesmerizing as the night before. All that jewelry with various dollar bills, sprinkled with some coins, were contained inside the plastic baggie. My uzi magazines were also in there too which I removed.

Speaking of my uzi, I can’t find it. I looked around my bed but I couldn’t find it anywhere. I was starting to panic until I checked under the bed. I found it under there and a feeling of relief swept over me. I held the uzi in my hands and that’s when I realized I was alone. Usually there are a few more homeless guys hanging around in the men’s sleeping area but right now there was no one. This means it must be well off from morning. I must’ve overslept.

It came to my attention that I was still wearing the black jumpsuit with the red A on the back. Chuckling, I took it off. In a way I guess I’ve in part got revenge for my friends by wearing the uniform. The anarchists can rest in peace a little better now. It’s not over yet, it doesn’t feel it, but at least something was done.

I put on the dark blue hoodie Jessie gave me. I clutched the uzi and the three magazines in my arms, as well as my bag of loot. Then I walked out of the bedroom. I’m trying to recall what happened last night. A quick recap won’t hurt.

So everything was pretty much a success. By the end of the shooting every one of those ponies was on the ground so I think we accomplished our goal of killing everyone. Then of course we disabled the cameras and masked our faces, which means our identities should be protected. And on the side I got all this expensive stuff so I think I can call this a success.

But I wonder where my friends went. From what I can remember from last night is I went into the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed. I think some of them came in with me but I have no idea. The only way to find out will be to ask them. They’re probably in the café area.

When I walked out into the café I did in fact find my friends. They were gathered around a table and were watching the TV very closely. I walked over and they immediately looked my way.

“Well look who the hell it is!” Jones beamed.

“Oh Jim!” Erik stood up and approached me. “I knew we were missing a gun.” Erik snatched the uzi and its magazines out of my hands. “I’ll put this back with the rest of the guns,” Erik said while walking away.

“Jim,” Jones called me over. I walked over to the table with my friends. “Take a seat my man.” He had a huge smile on his face and he patted my back when I sat down.

“We did it!” Drake embraced me and snuggled his head against me. “We’re mass murderers.”

“Is that better than a serial killer?” I asked. Drake pulled away from me and grinned.

“Of course!” he exclaimed.

“Yo Jim,” Derek grabbed my arm. “Hey you did a good job.” He smiled. “That was fucking fun.”

“Thanks,” I tugged my arm free. I looked around. “Is Pete here?”

“Here,” Pete said. I found he was standing instead of sitting with the rest of us.

“What’s up dude, take a seat,” I motioned to an open seat.

“Oh uh,” Pete stammered like he always did. “All the seats were taken so I had to stand.”

“That’s not true,” I said. “There was an empty seat for me.”

“Yeah but that was being saved,” Pete softly spoke.

Being saved? My mind thought back to earlier memories. I was back in the cafeteria in high school. There would be moments when there simply wouldn’t be enough room at the table, so sometimes one or two people stood around in order to be part of the group. It happened to me a few times and it sucks. I felt so disconnected from the conversation and it tore me up.

Pete shouldn’t have to feel like that. We’re grownups now. “Pete, take a seat,” I said. “There’s an open seat.”

“No it’s fine,” Pete insisted. “He’ll be back any minute and want his seat back.”

“Well he shouldn’t have left it if he still wanted it,” I argued. “Besides if he wants it back that’s too bad.”

“What are you gunna do about it?” Pete crossed his arms.

“I’ll kill him,” I laughed. “And I’ll kill you too if you don’t do as I say.” After that Pete reluctantly sat down. I guess I must’ve convinced him or he’s too scared to argue back. I like both options equally. “Remember, Pete, we’re killers now,” I told him.

“Hey, shut up,” Rodney suddenly hit my arm. He looked annoyed and I could see he was stilled tired by his slight red eyes.

“What!” I spat defensively. “It’s true. We all killed someone yesterday. Even Pete, I watched him.”

“No I mean the news is about to come back on,” Rodney pointed to the TV that was always running in the café. “They’ve been rolling the same story all morning with new updates every minute or so. I want to see what’s next.”

“Oh,” I shut up to see what would come on next.

After a brief intro sequence the daily news did resume. A newspony came on air. He was blue with a moustache. I could tell it was fake.

“And we’re back with updates on the current tragedy that unfolded only late last night,” the newspony said solemnly. “To just do a quick recap. Last night a nightclub in the south end of Manehattan was violently attacked by gunmen who are still at large this morning.”

“Nightclub?” I voiced my confusion. “That place was a fucking strip club.”

Rodney looked at me with a smirk on his face. “Did you really think Equestria would say a stripclub was shot up in one of its major cities?”

I thought on it for a second. Rod’s right. They wouldn’t dare. Even when the news showed an outside shot of the club they smartly left out the sign. I should’ve figured Equestria would want to preserve its innocence. This will only hurt themselves in the long run, I’m sure of it.

The newspony carried on. “So far the identity of the gunmen and their motives are unknown.” At that news my buddies and I let out a quick cheer. “The gunmen however appear to be human and their numbers range from eight to twelve,” the reporter pony continued.

“Eight to twelve?” I again voiced my confusion. “Did we gain four new guys?”

“Dude they have no idea,” Rodney again smirked. “About an hour ago they thought we were Muslims because of our masks.”

I could see why but it seems silly to jump to such a conclusion.

What came next was the real showstopper for me. “And,” the newspony paused. “We know the gunmen used a variety of heavily automatic assault weapons.”

I lost it. “Ahahahahhaahhaha! Assault weapons! Automatic? What the hell are they talking about?”

“I’ve been telling you,” Rodney laughed with me. “They have no idea.”

We continued chuckling for a while until a noise stopped me. Footsteps could be heard behind me. I turned to see Jess walking over to us. It was great to see her. She looks great right now.

“Oh good the news is back on. Anything new?” she asked, hurrying over to our table.

“Nope just bullshit,” Rodney replied. “I think we’re in the clear.”

“Well keep watching,” Jess said. “Things could change at any moment.” She began walking away.

“She has great tits,” Rodney remarked. Jess turned to him.

“Excuse me?” she snarled. In that moment I saw the devil in Jess. It was full of anger and I feared for Rod’s life.

“I meant the TV,” Rodney calmly stated but I watched a bead of sweat drip down the side of his face. Jess looked up and immediately cooled down.

“Oh alright, carry on,” she grabbed the side of her head and hustled away.

“I love that shade of red! It’s fabulous, you go girl!” Drake cheered at the TV, putting a lighter tone on the tense situation that just occurred. The other men sitting with him just shook their heads.

I looked up to the TV to find out what Rodney and Drake were talking about. I immediately realized what their admiration was directed to. I recognized the human girl that was reporting. She was the same reporter that reported Fluttershy’s and Darius’ death. I like her; her tits are great. I rate eight out of eight.

“At the moment authorities are trying to work out the details by using witness reports,” the female reporter said. “There were a reported forty eight survivors when police arrived on the scene. Several are reported dead this morning, dying from their injuries shortly after arriving at the hospital. With that the death toll is at seventy nine dead and twenty six survivors.”

“Fuck ya!” Derek shouted but then he paused. “Wait, survivors?”

“Didn’t think we’d actually kill them all,” Rodney shrugged. “Whatever, that’s why we wore the masks.”

“We’d also like to mention the two Manehattan officers that died last night trying to get into the club to stop the shooting,” the female reporter continued.

That last part confused me. Two officers died trying to get in, did I hear that right? The others around me seemed just as confused as me.

“I did that,” Jones spoke suddenly. “A cruiser pulled up and Erik and I had to act before they could call for reinforcements.”

“So who killed the officers then?” Rodney asked Jones.

Jones giggled a bit. “Me of course,” he bragged. “Erik can’t aim.”

A rapid sound of footsteps came from behind us. “I heard that!” Erik suddenly stormed over. “I shot one of those fuckers right in the lungs.”

“Yeah,” Jones grinned competitively. “But he was still kicking. I dealt the finishing shot.” He paused. “And then I shot the other in the head.”

“Humans?” I asked.

“One,” Jones answered back. “The other was a pony.” I nodded because I was glad that at least they weren’t two humans that had to die.

Looking behind me I spotted Jess in the corner of the room. I knew what that meant. She gets like this when there’s something troubling her. She distances herself and tries to think things out. It happened a lot before the club shooting. Now I guess something else is bothering her.

I cracked my knuckles and stood up. Last times I’ve tried this it’s always backfired. Every time I get close to her she just hurts me. Most of the time she just twists my wrist and it really hurts. But what the hell! I have nothing better to do with my life.

I approached her while she was doing this loopy walking in circles thing. “Uh Jess,” she turned around to face me.

“Yeah Jim, something on your mind?” she asked trying to act naturally but I know she’s cracking.

I rubbed my hands and found it hard to look her in the eye. “I’m sorry but can I give you a hug?” Jess moved backwards a bit. “Just a small one?”

I could tell Jess wasn’t really in the mood but maybe there was hope. Maybe there was hope that underneath that tough exterior personality there is a softer side. Besides I need a hug too. So I went for it and it backfired immediately.

“Fuck! Stop twisting my arm Jess!” I screamed. She forced me to a knee and I gritted my teeth to try and make the pain less. Through the tears that were welling up in my eyes I could see my table of friends was eyeing me. Jones was shaking his head.

Eventually Jess let go and I scrambled away, muttering to myself. “I hope you get hit by a big fucking truck or something.” Jess gave me a lasting look before distancing herself away from me.

“Hey Jim,” Jones approached me. I looked at him, now annoyed by the recent event. “Listen we need to talk,” he said.

“What?” I growled. “Because right now I’m getting awfully angry.”

“Did you get a good sleep?” Jones asked.

“Best night of my life,” I answered truthfully. “But now I’m wide awake and it’s weird.” I feel like something is going to happen but I won’t be ready for it.

“Alright listen there is something you need to know,” Jones looked at Jess, who was close enough to hear our conversation. “I’m gunna tell him.”

I looked at Jess too. “No, we’re all going to tell him,” she said.

I began looking at both of them. “What are you talking about?”

“Yo!” Jones yelled at the table. “We’re telling Jim about our little secret.”

At the news Derek burst out laughing, Rodney shrugged, Drake gasped in joy, and Pete just rubbed his head in confusion. I personally was feeling just like Pete. The word secret is a very specific word to use and it got my interest. I hate secrets especially those among friends. Reminds me back in high school, there were so many things I didn’t know and still don’t know about my old friends back in the day. The whole thing puts me in a sour mood. In fact I feel pretty sour right now.

My lips began moving down and my eyebrows creased. I didn’t hesitate to show my teeth in this scowl I had. Truth is I’ve been thinking about my high school a lot since last night. It’s bringing back painful memories that just make me really hate life and everything in it. So I’m not ready to be reminded what it’s like to be in high school again.

“Let’s discuss this in a place that is a little more private,” Jess told Jones.

“How about the closet?” Jones suggested. Jess nodded. They must be talking about the closet where we did our planning for the shooting. It’s cramped in there, I hate it. “Pete you can stay out of this,” Jones commanded. “It’s none of your business.”

What? I froze in place. I like Pete; he’s different than the others. I don’t have to prove myself to him and he doesn’t try prove himself around me. He’s polite and respects me. I like him around. Furthermore he isn’t part of the rest. He’s new so he doesn’t know the group dynamics. I need him to be there with me if this turns out to be a bad secret. All secrets are bad in some way.

“If he doesn’t come then I’m not going,” I looked Jones right in the eye and gave him a death glare. It must’ve worked because he crinkled up his face.

“Fuck it, fine,” he muttered. I grinned in victory and waved my arm for Pete to come with me. I began walking off to closet with the intention to find out what was going on. I looked to see if anyone was following and found I was alone. Drake, Rodney, and Derek haven’t left the table and were still fixated on the television. Erik, Jones, Jess, Pete, and I were ready to go,

“At this moment we would like to share a new aspect to the case,” the female reporter said.

“You three let’s go!” Jones ordered in his commanding tone of voice.

They ignored him though. “New evidence points to revealing the race of several of the gunmen,” the female reporter continued.

“Say what?” Derek gasped.

“Some of the victims were conscious throughout the whole ordeal,” the reporter’s tone took on this hopeful glee. “A lot of them have confirmed several details about the gunmen. It is now known that the gunmen masked their faces and wore dark clothing to protect their identities. However some of the survivors did report traits that are giving authorities some clues as to who these gunmen are.”

“Oh shit!” Derek voiced all our fears.

“It is reported that one of the gunmen wore a black jumpsuit with a red letter A on the back. It is unknown what it means but this might point to an affiliation with a specific group.”

Everyone’s eyes darted at me and I could feel their animosity toward me, it burned me up. “What? It’s my thing,” I nervously chirped.

“You’re throwing it out,” Jones stated viscously. I only thought of what I would say back but didn’t act on it.”

“Additionally,” the reporter continued. “A female was reported to be amongst the group.”

Now everyone looked at Jess who promptly crossed her arms over her chest. “Should’ve dressed more like a guy, I guess,” Jess said.

“One of gunmen was rather overweight.” We all looked at Pete and most of us snickered while he tried to tuck his gut in. “It is under speculation that one of them spoke with a distinct German accent.” Erik covered his mouth. “A specific gunman didn’t carry a gun at all and instead yielded a machete. In addition there was a gay pride symbol posted on his chest.”

We all stared angrily at Drake. “Rainbow power!” Drake shot his fist in the air and chanted.

“Lastly two of the gunmen are thought to be black due to several witnesses reporting they screamed the N word throughout the shooting.”

I racked my brain. Did they really? I remember they were having a good time but it was so loud in there. The screams, gunshots, and music overpowered any conversation. It was too jumbled to focus on one thing for too long. Anyways I find it hard to believe anyone heard anything, unless there were more people alive than I thought.

“Oh fuck,” Derek said and moved his hand to his mouth.

“Racists,” Rodney spat. “How’d they know we black? Someone else could’ve been yelling. Plenty of spiteful whites.” They both looked at me. I quickly got what they were implying.

I rolled my eyes. “You idiots should’ve been more careful,” I grinned wickedly as a thought crossed my mind. “Besides you guys should watch your backs,” I gestured at the entire café with my arm. “Look around. There aren’t a lot of blacks here. If they find this place then it’ll only be a process of elimination before they find you two.” I leaned back in triumph with this smug grin on my face.

The look on Derek’s face was priceless. I swear he was going to sweat his own face off. “Oh shit,” he murmured. “You’re right.”

Rodney sprung up. “Fuck this I’m out of here!” Before he could run, Jones grabbed him.

“Hey!” he snarled. “If you’re going anywhere then go to the closet.” Jones let go. “Besides there’s nowhere to run so you might as well hide.”

Rodney nodded. “Sounds good. Fuck it all.” He stiffly walked away with Derek closely behind him.

The rest of us stood up and went to the closet. My mind was being plagued by all this new information. The ponies know who we are or at least will figure it out. I can’t help but think that we weren’t careful enough. I mean I know we weren’t careful enough now but I still feel there is something that will come back to screw us over. And of course there is this new secret I’m being let on to. This whole thing makes me feel helpless. I hate it.

I want to break something. I want to burn Equestria down. Take a train to Canterlot or even Ponyville and destroy them. Maybe I could find Twilight Sparkle and just bash her head in with a brick just like what I did to that pony before I came to the shelter. And those survivors from the shooting I want to unplug their life supports and watch them die. All this is what could keep me safe and happy. Yet none of it is possible.

I balled my fist up as we entered the closet. It was just as cramped and dark as ever. I looked in the corner to find that the guns had been piled up in the corner. Erik must’ve put them there. Rodney and Derek were playing around with a jug of bleach.

“You think if we bleach ourselves we’ll turn another race?” Rodney asked as he swung the bleach jug around. Actually it was a good question.

“Nah, at best we’ll just turn a lighter shade,” Derek answered as he continued to inspect the chemicals around him. Actually he gave a good answer.

“Both of you,” Jones yelled at the two. “Have a seat. We need to talk about a few things.”

Jones took a seat and everyone else did too. At least the table in this closet has a place for everyone to sit. We had made sure of it when we set it up. I had made sure of it.

“I know, I know,” Rodney said and sat down with us at the table. “We’re letting Jim on the ups.”

“We’ll get to that,” Jones said. “But for now”

“Why didn’t we tell him it before?” Derek interrupted. “I mean Jim’s one of us and he’s stuck around for a while so that makes him part of the group.”

A swelling feeling took over my chest. I felt about ready to cry but I easily held it in. I muttered a soft “Thanks,” before I began losing myself in memories.

Back in middle school I didn’t have any friends, just bullies. Every day they would chase me down and do something mean to hurt me. As time went by it did get better but I don’t think about it a lot since I chose to disassociate myself with my past. But there was one day where I…

“Jim here was always one of us,” Erik put his hand on my shoulder. Instantly I was snapped out of my euphoric state and forced to listen to the conversation. “I knew that the moment he went out to face PAHI.” Erik looked me in the eye before again addressing the group. “But I understand that the situation was highly personal and nobody wanted to bring it up. So I kept my mouth shut.” Erik looked at me. “Jim, please forgive me.”

I shook my head. “I don’t know what’s going on.”

“Alright first things first,” Jones slammed his fist on the table. “I want to address what we have seen on the TV this morning.” He looked around at each of us. “It may be aware to most of you that our identities are at risk of being compromised.”

“Please,” Drake chuckled. “We’re done. It’s over. Lay loose man.”

“Are you fucking stupid?” Jones snarled like a beast. “I thought someone with a hobby like yours would know that things always can be traced back.”

“I’m well aware of that,” Drake retorted, sounding annoyed. “But I know that there won’t be enough evidence to trace it back to us. All they did was use some speculation to calm the public down. In reality they have no idea where to go with this.”

“So sure of yourself,” Jones stated coldly. He had crossed his arms and began a staring contest with Drake. The rest of us stayed back and I briefly entertained the idea of leaving the room. I would hate to see these two go at it. Not like in a sexy way but fighting, that’s what I mean.

“I am sure of myself,” Drake replied, putting his hand on his chest. “See, I learned a while ago that Equestria’s law enforcement isn’t really like Earth’s. They’re incredible incompetent. The way I see it, if some guy can kill an element of harmony in front of the world, and the only evidence they can get is he wore a yellow jacket. Then I believe anything is possible.”

I couldn’t hold it in. “Ahahhahha!” I burst out laughing. I don’t know if it was a nervous laugh or just an enjoyable laugh but it came out.

“Something funny, Jim?” Jones asked me, still keeping that cold edge.

“Hrm,” I cleared my throat and straightened myself out. “No I was just thinking of this joke about abortions.” Great cover.

“Oo, can we hear it?” Drake asked, suddenly very interested.

“Enough!” The sudden impact of Jess’ fist on the table startled all of us. I looked to see her hunched over the table, glaring at me with these angry eyes. It made me nervous and I was quick to regret being so close to her. “You!” she looked at Jones. “I would just trust Drake on this. He’s the expert. And besides,” she straightened herself out. “They don’t have anything on you. So why are you so worried?”

Jones just leaned back. “Yeah, I’m actually a little upset about that,” he grinned because it was a stroke of luck. I think it was worth being happy about.

Speaking of happiness, I can tell that Jess isn’t so happy right now. I mean I usually only see her unhappy but I only take it serious if it’s directed at me. This kind of unhappy worries me even if it’s not directed at me. It’s like how she acted the whole time we were preparing. It was unhappiness combined with sadness and misery. But I admire Jess for her attitude to endure the unhappiness and overcome it. That’s must be why I’m here.

“So,” Jess said and sat down with us. “Where does this all start?”

“I’ll begin,” Rodney said, leaning against the table. He looked at me as he started. “So Jim, I’ll just say that I was the first guy to find this place.” I could tell he took some pride in that. “I came here after me and Derek’s landlord kicked us out. I was busy searching for another place to kick it because we had the money, when Jess showed up.” Rodney briefly smiled at Jess. “She took us in, unaware that we weren’t homeless but I accepted because she offered free shit.”

“Room and board,” Derek commented. “It’s the best thing I’ve gotten since I came to this country.”

“I don’t see how any of this is important,” I said. “So you two got brought here, so what? I did too, remember?”

“That’s because you didn’t let me finish,” Rodney spat. He then paused and scrunched up his face. “Fuck I forgot where I was going with this.”

“I’ll help ya,” Erik said. “Basically we all arrived here after coming from wherever we originally came from. Jess picked us all up after finding us on the streets. I arrived after Rodney and Derek did. Jones was next and then Drake.” Erik looked up at the ceiling and then back down. “Yeah that was the order. Anyways it was after we were all collected that our little incident occurred.”

“Incident?” I raised an eyebrow. “That’s an interesting word.”

“I agree,” Erik said. “And it started at the Magic Mist.” Erik must’ve noticed the expression on my face. “Yes Jim, that Magic Mist. See this whole thing didn’t start with you.” Erik darted his eyes to his right. “It’s started with Derek here.”

With that Derek giggled. “Yeah back then I frequented the Magic Mist.” His face took on a sour turn, probably because he saw my own face. “Not like that! I looked at the human strippers. Mondays and Thursdays, ten o’clock p.m.” He face resumed a normal expression. “Anyways, one day I noticed there was a new stripper on the pole. And it took me a while but I recognized who it was.” Derek smirked like he had just told me something important. I was at a totally blank.

“Who was it?” I asked.

“Dude,” Derek flicked his head, arching it in one direction to his side.

“What? I don’t get it,” I began to get desperate to know the answer as Derek continued to be difficult. “Was it someone we know?”

“Yeah!” Derek nodded and flicked his head again.

“Oh my god. Jonesy!” I exclaimed. Jones buried his head in his hands.

“No!” Derek yelled. “Fucking. Pfft,” he twitched his face this time.

“Me?” I said now almost certain I had a secret past as a stripper that had been wiped from my memory. I blame television.

“Oh for the love of god!” I felt a hand grab me. I looked right into Jess’ eyes. “It was me!”

“Y-you?” I stammered. “Really?”

“Really Jim,” Jess put her hands onto her breasts and proceeded to run them down her body. “Do you think a body like this comes naturally?” I quivered a bit as I thought about it. “Stop staring,” Jess ordered and I quickly turned my head.

“So how long ago was this?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” Derek shrugged. “Maybe a year before you got here, maybe less.” I put my hands over my face. “Yeah I watched her for a while. Never really approached her or anything, didn’t want her to recognize me.”

“Was she good at it?” I asked, removing my hands from my face.

“Jim!” Jones snarled at me. I shudder away in response while giving him the ‘what bro?’ face.

“She was amaaaazing!” Derek shrieked.

Jess blushed and turned her face away from us. “I had a good teacher.”

“Oo she did that routine too!” Derek added excitedly.

“We’re getting off topic,” Erik sighed. “Derek, how about you tell us what happened after Jess found you there.”

“No, wait,” I sat up straight and looked at Jess. “Why strip? Low on cash?”

“Yeah Jim,” Jess stated. There was this tone of disappointment in her voice. “I needed the money to pay for the shelter and its occupants.” She took a deep breath. “I was approached by a pony that called himself a businessman. He was a pimp.”

“A pimp?” I said and thought for a second. A pony pimp doesn’t sound very threatening. And I thought pimps are supposed to be tough. Guess not.

“Yeah, a pimp,” Jess replied. “He told me he could give me work at nights and I was only too eager to accept.”

“You mean you wanted to strip?” I asked, suddenly finding Jess a lot sexier than normal.

“No you idiot,” she growled. “I was told I would work the bar. I had to wear this little outfit but it was doable. My shifts were at night so”

“Wait,” I stopped her. “Tell me about this outfit.”

“Oh well, it wasn’t much. Because I didn’t strip they made me wear something different. It was this tight pink bra and these shorts that really hugged my curves. I had this constantly embarrassing cam” Jess stopped and started at me. I grinned back until Jones slapped me on the back of my head.

“Anyways,” Jess continued now majorly annoyed. “After a couple of bad nights the management,” she said the last part sarcastically. “decided there needed to be more strippers. And guess who they chose?” Jess’ expression dropped. “I was trained and then set up on stage.”

“And she killed it,” Derek said,gleefully.

“Yes,” Jess agreed. “I killed it. My pimp got a lot of money and in turn I earned a lot.”

“Was it enough?” I asked her. “To pay for the shelter.”

It took a while for Jess to answer. “No,” she finally said. “I was still behind on payments and more homeless were coming in each day. So I had to look for other options.”

“You found another job that pays better?” I suggested.

“No I worked harder,” Jess answered. “They are no jobs out there that fit in my schedule. So yeah I stripped more and earned more. And it was starting to be enough.”

I sensed a change in the story. “What happened next?”

“I happened,” Derek stated proudly. He was smiling to himself. “After seeing her I decided that the people have a right to know what they’re savior does at night. Shelter owner during the day, stripper by night.”

“Hold it,” Rodney put his hands on the table and stared at Derek. “You skipped an important part.” Rodney’s lips curled in a devious grin as Derek’s entire face contorted. Before Derek could do anything else, Rodney wrapped his arms around his friend’s head and put him in a head lock.

“What Derek didn’t tell you,” Rodney said as Derek struggled in his arms. “Was that before he told us about her, he decided to try and do some blackmailing. You know, get here to give him a couple of private shows.”

“Oh,” I said acting like I was a bit surprised. I can’t say it doesn’t sound like a good idea. I mean free lap dances sound alright. I know it’s borderline evil and totally perverted but it’s not like I was in the position.

“Continuing on from that,” Jones said. “When we learned,” Jones looked at Rodney. “Rod let Derek go,” Rodney did so and Jones continued. “When we learned that Jess was stripping, we became concerned.”

“Who’s we?” I asked.

“Me, Erik, Drake, Derek, and Rod,” Jones answered.

“Oh, you were friends before I came along?”

“Yeah?” Jones responded, clearly confused. “Why wouldn’t we be?”

“No reason,” I lied. For some reason I had assumed that they started hanging out because of me. What a silly thought.

“Moving on,” Jones shook his head. “We eventually confronted Jess on the subject. None of us thought she should have to do something like that on out behaves. So we came up with a solution. All of us would get jobs and help her pay for the shelter.”

“How well did that turn out?” I asked but I already knew what the answer would be.

“Well, surprise, surprise, there were no jobs available to us,” Jones said sourly. “Everywhere we went wasn’t hiring our kind.”

“You mean ponies were refusing to hire humans?” I asked with this sly grin.

“Yeah pretty much,” Jones answered. “All the jobs weren’t looking for our person.”

I looked at Erik. “But you got a job. Well eventually you did.” A thought hit my mind. “So do you give the money to Jess and is that the reason you can’t get an actually home?”

“Yeah that’s what I do,” Erik admitted. I frowned.

“So you lied to me when you said that you couldn’t find a home?”

Erik didn’t even hesitate. “Yep I lied. But I doubt that they sell to humans?”

I balled my fist up. Damn liar! “What about you two?” I turned to Derek and Rodney. “You were drug dealers. Did you give your money to Jess?”

“A percent of it,” Rodney answered. “We agreed to share the wealth on the condition that we don’t sell to people here. We were doing well until” Rodney stared at Jess. “She decided to dump our only cache.”

“You broke my one rule,” Jess wagged her finger at Rodney. “Jim almost died. And the last thing I want is a bunch of homeless junkies around here. I mean if I didn’t stop you then the police would. My dad was a cop I know how they operate. They’ll come in here and search the place. And nobody would want that.”

“Whatever,” Derek snorted. “We weren’t going to get caught.” Jess stared at Derek, probably about to give him a lecture.

“Moving on again,” Jones said before things could get ugly. “Yes all of us failed to do what we needed so Jess had to continue her dreadful occupation. But we knew something had to be done.”

“That’s when this story takes an exciting twist,” Drake chimed in, wiggling around like a toddler in his seat.

“Drake you can tell this part,” Jones told him. “I know this is your favorite.”

“Yes!” Drake pumped his fist. “So Jim,” Drake put his arm around me. “After our shared failure it was time to confront the problem directly. The problem was Jess’ job, and who better to talk to about her job than Jess’ boss.”

“The pimp?” I asked.

“Correct,” Drake tugged on my nose, affectionately. “It was going to be so easy. I mean five humans trying to convince a pony to give our friend better pay, no problem right?”

“Right?” I replied, unsure of what he was trying to say.

“Right!” Drake nodded hyper like. “Only it wasn’t right. Everything was supposed to go smoothly. We’d walk in and surround the pony. Maybe ruff him up a bit and then everything would’ve been fine. Jess would’ve gone back behind the counter serving drinks and everyone would be happy.” Drake sighed. “Except when we got there we were the ones that got roughed up.”

“Shit,” I shrugged. “I’d figure that a pony wouldn’t fuck you guys up.”

“It was a bunch of ponies,” Drake said. “All carrying knives and clubs. And there was this one big human bouncer guy, bigger than Jones.”

“I killed him,” Jess suddenly blurted out. We all looked at her. “Jim saw. When we were out in the hallway. He was running towards us so I shot him.” She paused. “He deserved it. Always used to grab my ass when I walked by.” I grinned. Good to see Jess had no remorse.

“Fuck yeah,” Drake held his fist to Jess who returned the gesture. “That idiot was the one that clobber my face. Glad he’s out of the way.” Drake still had his arm around me which I didn’t mind, I even welcomed it. But now he stopped talking and he just clung to me.

“Um Drake?” I said. “The story?”

“I’m getting there,” Drake tightened his hold on me. “You know you really have no idea what you did? Whatever you’ll learn. So the ponies did in fact rough us up. Threatened us, told us they’ll hurt our families, bragged about their power, the works. Well we left the place in a hurry and had to recuperate for a moment. We stayed outside for a while and thought about what to do next. Oh yeah, Jess didn’t know we were visiting.”

“Is that important?” I asked.

“Of course it’s fucking important!” Drake snapped. “I wouldn’t be telling it if it wasn’t important. Anyways Jess didn’t know we were trying to fight for her freedom. So she saw what happen. Jess?” Drake motioned with his head.

“Yeah,” Jess murmured and cleared her throat. “I was there after the little conversation the boys had with my pimp and his ponies. They were angry,” Jess paused. “So angry. They wanted to kill you all.” Jess looked at everyone. “But my pimp talked them down. All except for one of the ponies. His name was Fast Lane.”

I rolled my eyes at the name. Stupid Equestrian names. “Classic,” I muttered.

“He wasn’t,” Jess said. “He was a young newcomer wanting to prove himself. I remember him getting drunk often and always running around the place looking for a fight. My pimp actually took him under his wing. Ironic that my pimp was a Pegasus. Point is my pimp ran the Magic Mist and Fast Lane wanted to prove himself to him.”

“So he goes after you guys,” I put the puzzle together.

“Yep,” Drake squeeze me tighter. “He came over to us trying to act all tough.” Drake looked at Jones with this accusatory glare. “He started it.”

“All I did was shut him up,” Jones crossed his arms. “Erik was the one that made it worse by kicking him while he was down.”

“Excuse me but I was angry,” Erik pouted. “Besides I only did it because Rodney was holding him down.”

“Yeah well, so what?” Rodney growled. “I never intended to break his windpipes. Drake!”

“It was an accident!” Drake moaned. “I didn’t think I would suffocate him. Besides at least I didn’t piss on him.”

We all looked at Derek who leaned back. “I’ll admit, I had a few in me,” he stated coolly. “But I didn’t mean for it to go on his face. It was just the only place you guys weren’t blocking.”

“You didn’t have to take such a long time,” Rodney growled at his friend.

“I just said I had a few in me!” Derek protested.

“Wait! Hold on a second!” I freed myself from Drake’s hold and stood up so I could see everyone. “You guys killed a pony?”

“Well Drake is the one responsible for the damage to the trachea,” Erik said, shrugging.

“But it was Jones that started it,” Drake whined.

“You guys are missing the point,” Jones stated. “Yes I tackled the bitch but I never intended to fuck him up the way we did.”

“You beat him to death with a pipe you found in the trash!” Rodney pointed at Jones. “The very least you can do is take responsibility.”

“Hey Erik handed me the murder weapon,” Jones said. “Besides I figured if it all went down then we would all take credit. We were all there when it happened so that makes us all guilty.”

“In my defense,” Erik prompted. “I just thought we should put the fool out of his misery. I didn’t expect Jones to practice his forehand on the bastard.”

“I think you guys are leaving out my contribution,” Derek said proudly. “My DNA is all over that four legged mess. So if anyone was going to get arrested it would’ve been me.”

“By the way,” Drake said with a flirty tone, looking at Derek. “You have a big dick for someone your size.”

“It’s because I’m black,” Derek smiled to himself as his ego was boosted. But then he winced. “What do you mean by my size?” he viciously growled at Drake.

“That’s enough!” Jess yelled, startling all of us. “You guys killed somepony, get used to it!”

“Damn,” I muttered and sat down. I can’t believe how shaky these guys are. “I thought me crushing somepony’s head in with a brick was harsh.”

“Wait, when did you,” Jess shook her head. “Listen Jim the story is almost over. Want to hear how it ends?”

“Yeah,” I grunted, trying to not let my enthusiasm show.

“Alright well my pimp and his goons discovered pretty quick what happened to Fast Lane,” Jess explained. “These idiots decided to dump his body in a trash can about a block away.” She looked at each one of them. “Why not just put him in the river?” Everyone shrugged. “Anyways my pimp found him and it was only a matter of time before they traced the killer back.”

“How?” I asked. “How’d they know?”

“They didn’t,” Jess answered. “They just figured it was them. But here’s the catch, the ponies were scared.”

“Scared?” I smiled, impressed. “They should be.”

“They were,” Jess agreed. “He was pretty messed up when they found him.” Jess looked at Jones. “You really need to control yourself.”

Jones shrugged. “I was just having fun,” he said. “It felt like the old days.”

“You’re not in the Middle East anymore, honey,” Jess shook her head again. “But anyways the ponies at the Magic Mist were so startled that they called for backup.” Jess put her finger under her chin. “I don’t know who they were but they must’ve been ponies from upper Manehattan. They all were too well groomed to be from around here. But they trotted around like they owned the place. It figures they knew where I lived. They got contacts everywhere from what I’ve heard.”

“What!” I exclaimed. “Ponies came here! To the shelter?”

“Walked right through the front door,” Jess waved her hand. “Came looking for me.”

“Did you fight them off?” I asked excitedly. This was turning out to be a great story.

“Not exactly,” Jess said. “It was more businesslike. They came in with this cold decisiveness. They knew who I was and they claimed they knew the people responsible for Fast Lane’s murder.” Jess paused. “I was given a deal.”

“A deal?” I thought for a second. “Sounds like what a business would do.”

“Yeah and that’s how they treated it,” Jess said. “They told me I would no longer have to work at the Mist. They didn’t want any more trouble that I brought. However I would have to agree to a payment plan. They would pay for all of the expenses of the shelter in exchange for a smaller payment every month.”

“Sounds like a good deal,” I said.

“It’s not that simple,” Jess said sadly. “Sure my expenses were paid and I didn’t have to work at that horrid place again. But the catch was the ponies didn’t want any more homeless humans roaming the streets. Odd? Good because I don’t understand either. They didn’t want humans roaming the streets anymore and they didn’t give me a reason. They just told me to bring them here.”

I felt my left facial muscles twitch. More than that there was this weird feeling of lightness in my head. I can’t explain it.

“What, you seriously don’t?” I asked in disbelief. “It’s so obvious, the reason.”

“Please, Jim, enlighten me,” Jess said with a sudden bored expression.

“Well,” I thought about it in my head. If they don’t want us on the streets it’s because we’re spread out. It makes sense to pen us up. If my enemy was all around me I would want to put them in a place I can control. Control, that’s it! They’re trying to control us! It’s what they always do.

“Jim we’re waiting,” Jess said.

All eyes were on me. “Alright,” I began. “It’s simple. They force us to live here and they have a better grip on the human populace. They know where we are and they can make sure we live under their rules.” I received blank stares. “They’re concentrating us in one place.” I pointed at Erik. “You’re people would know a lot about that.”

It took a while for it to take effect, but when it did Erik just went along with it. “Oooh,” Erik chuckled. “You fucking bastard, I understand you though.” He quickly calmed himself. “But the flaw in your idea is ponies aren’t trying to commit genocide.”

“No,” I agreed. “But they are herding us. That is the first step. Next they’ll be telling us we’re no longer welcome in Equestria. Just wait, they’ve encircled us and will come in for the kill.”

“Enough with the conspiracies, Jim,” Erik groaned. “We’ve heard them enough.”

“Oo tell us about that one,” Rodney laughed. “The one where the ponies locked up innocents in the Mid-West.”

“Or the one where the government is under mind control of the ponies,” Derek chimed in.

“Those are all true!” I snarled. “And we’re living it! Here’s proof.”

“Jim, I’ve given this some thought,” Jess told me. “I don’t know why they wanted me to round up the homeless. But I’ll do it because now I have the ability to and because I want to. These humans that everyone has forgotten need help and I can do it. It doesn’t matter why, what matters is that I do it.”

I scoffed. “Keep telling yourself that,” I sneered at Jess. “But when those ponies say, I have altered the deal, pray I don’t alter it further, you’ll know.” I waited for someone to catch on.

“Darth Vader?” Erik said. I smirked that someone got the reference.

“Whatever,” Jess growled at me. “You know our secret now, so what are you going to do with it?”

I looked around at all of them until my focus came to Pete. It would have been hard to remember he was here. He didn’t contribute once to the conversation and instead just listened. I wonder what he’s thinking being the only other person to hear this secret.

“I don’t know,” I answered Jess’ question. Then I looked at Pete. “Pete, what do you think of all of this?”

He stiffened up, probably not expecting to contribute to this conversation. “Well,” he started shyly, rubbing the back of his head. “It’s all a lot to take in.”

“Don’t be bashful,” I said to him. “Just tell me what you think about it. Start with what we learned.”

“We learned that we were lied to,” Pete stated sourly. “They didn’t tell us that what we did was a revenge plot. Last night wasn’t to kill ponies; it was to get personal revenge. They lied to us.”

I smiled, glad to see someone was at least as smart as me. I looked at everyone that had lied. Erik, Jones, Jess, Rodney, Derek, and Drake. They’re just the same as my friends from high school. They lied.

“That’s exactly what the fuck I was thinking!” I slapped my fist on the table, finally letting some anger out. “You fucking assholes, leading me to think you were helping me out! Lied, all of you.”

“We didn’t lie to you,” Jones protested. “We just didn’t tell you what was really going on. Now if we made up a story then we lied to you.”

“I just want to know why you didn’t tell me sooner,” I spat. “It would’ve cleared things up.”

There was a short silence. In the short passage the tension in the room suddenly became unbearable. Nobody really had an answer but eventually Derek said something. “Because it’s none of your damn business.”

“Hey, exactly,” Jones grinned. “It isn’t your business. So shut up, Jim.”

I crossed my arms in anger. The need to explode in a fit of rage seems like such a good option right now. But throwing a temper tantrum isn’t something adults do. So I’ll restrain myself but I can’t deny the feeling of hate towards these people. To think they would include me in their scheme. I’m my own boss.

“Jim,” I looked up to see Pete nudging me. “Do you realize that the people here are refugees?”

The thought then started in my mind. Yes of course. The homeless here are those that have lost everything and now they have to be sent here. That makes sense.

“Not you too kid,” Jones shook his head. “No one here is a refugee. We’ve just fallen on hard times.”

“I’m not on hard times,” Pete said. “I could’ve gone home any time. I’m just staying because I have to now.”

“You don’t have to stay,” Erik told Pete. “You should’ve left the minute you could. Now you’re tainted.”

“I didn’t think I could leave,” Pete explained. “Everything was happening so fast it was hard to understand at first.”

“Pete,” Jess put her hand of the boy’s arm. “You can still leave. Go back to your family.”

Pete shrugged her off. “I don’t want to leave,” he said. “I wanted to be a part of Jim’s plan. It’s what I asked for. After the pony cops beat me I’ve started having feelings of”

“Stop!” Jones interrupted, holding his arms out as if he were about to fall. “You got molested by pony cops?”

“Yeah?” Pete answered, obviously not understanding the tone Jones was using.

“Oh yeah Jim told me about that,” Drake spoke up. “Yeah Jim found him getting his ass kicked. And he didn’t get molested, Jones. Molested is what happened to me, remember?”

“Pete, why didn’t you mention it?” Jess asked but then turned her attention to me. “And why didn’t you tell us?”

“It wasn’t that important,” Pete answered.

“What he said,” I nervously added.

“What is important is I finally understand why it happened.” There was a glint of triumph in Pete’s eye, I can see it. I listened closely to what he had to say. “I was only planning to stay one night on the street and then try and find a way home. But then those two came up to me.”

“Did they have a reason?” Jess asked. “I mean cops don’t do something like that for no reason.”

“Um,” Pete put his hand on his chin. “They mostly just yelled at me. At first they were asking questions like who I was and why I was there. I didn’t answer the right way, I guess, and they got angry. Then they started to threaten me and before I knew it they were clubbing me.”

“But why?” I had to ask.

Rodney answered for Pete. “Because the police are assholes! Trust me on this.”

“Me and Rod used to get tailed all the time,” Derek added. “Five O hates everything.”

“Well you guys are drug dealers,” I said. Both of them glared at me.

“Listen Pete. Can you tell us what the cops said to you?” Jones asked.

“Not really,” Pete shyly stated. “They said they would fuck me up and while they did so they keep calming me stuff like homeless trash or garbage sifter.” Pete looked at me. “Then Jim saved me so it all worked out in the end.”

“I would have let the cops have their way and then dragged you off to finish you myself,” Drake said in a bragging tone. It earned him a swift punch from Jess.

“Again, Drake, it’s a good thing I’m not you,” I smirked at him. “Anyways, Pete. Don’t you see something off about all this?”

“Um,” Pete concentrated for a moment. “No?”

“Well,” I placed a hand on my chest. “To me it sounds like they beat you up over being homeless.”

“I wouldn’t put it past them,” Rodney muttered.

“Sure but think about it,” I elaborated. “It sounds like they targeted him just for trying to get a night’s rest. It wasn’t like they were accusing him of drugs or just doing it for the hell of it. That night it seemed like they had sought him out.”

“Well they were drunk so maybe that has something to do with it,” Pete said.

“No,” I shook my head. What he said disproves what I was trying to say. “I think the truth is homeless aren’t welcome around here.” I looked around. “Let’s face it. There are no government programs to help us. Jess here takes money from some shady group. And cops hunt for homeless to crush. Don’t you guys think this all starting to sound bad?”

“It does sound bad,” Erik said venomously. “You’re doing it again.”

“I’m being serious,” I growled at him. “The proof is sitting right there.” I pointed at Pete. “We’re being rounded up. The ponies are after us and this shelter is the only thing standing in the way from our annihilation. If it wasn’t for Jess we would all end up like Pete. It’s a good thing she runs the only homeless shelter in the city and comes looking for us. If not we would be dead. Plain and simple.”

I stopped myself and looked at everyone. None of them looked impressed with me. I don’t blame them since I have told them things like this before. But I demand recognition. Everything is coming together now. Jess provoked the actions of the guys and things got out of hand. So to stop it from getting even more out of hand the ponies made a deal. Jess would have to keep the humans in control by sheltering us. And if she missed any than the ponies would deal with it. It’s genius but evil.

I looked at Jess. She had that look on her face. This look occurs when she’s worried about something and thinking hard on it. She always looked to her left side when she’s doing it. The last time I saw it was when we were discussing the shooting.

“You!” I pointed at her. I caught her off guard because she flinched when I spoke. “You knew about this all along. You knew cops were going after the homeless.”

“I, um, well that,” Jess stammered around.

“I mean, why else would you come looking for us?” I continued. “You do it every night, I see you. Wouldn’t it be easier to just let us come to you?”

“Jim. Watch yourself,” Jones warned.

“How did you get here?” I pointed to Jones. “And you guys,” I pointed to Drake and Erik next.

“You should really stop while you’re ahead,” Erik snarled at me.

“No!” I shouted and sprung up. “We were brought here for a reason and you all know it!”

“So what if we were?” Jones spat at me. “It’s not like we can leave now. We’ve just initiated war against them. No going back now.”

“War!” I exclaimed. “God damn it, we really are refugees.” Jones shuddered and diverted his eyes, I knew I got him.

I angrily looked at each one of them. They all stared at me. I could tell they each thought not so kindly of me. I can guess what each of them is probably thinking. Jones and Erik think the same so they probably are plotting ways to kill me. Rodney and Derek also think the same and they’re idiots so they’re thinking of ways to poke fun at me later. Drake only cares about killing. Jess knows she’s caught. As for Pete.

He stood up. “I think Jim is right.”

“You what?” I shot him a look.

“Kid, don’t be stupid,” Jones shook his head. “You need to keep a clear head.”

“It’s not about that!” Pete shot back surprising everyone. “Were you the one getting clubbed on the cold street? Were you the one getting harassed because of your specie? No you weren’t.”

“That stuff doesn’t matter,” Erik said, most likely coming to Jones’ rescue. “We all had to suffer. Get used to it.”

“Yeah but,” Pete pointed to me. “He was the one that helped me out. Jim is the reason I’m here today. And I for one am very thankful that I’m here. I know you guys have nowhere to go and had to do what we did because it was the only route left. But I’m the only one that chose to do this. And I am glad I made the right decision. Jim’s right, ponies are evil.”

Everyone was silent for a moment, even me. Sure I should be happy for the support but this is coming from Pete. Out of all of us he’s the baby of the group. More than that he never really was into it like I am. He didn’t even fire all his bullets last night that’s how out of it he is.

“Pete,” Jess spoke quietly. “How about you get on a bus and get to the closest portal. I can pay for it.”

“No point,” Jones stated with little emotion in his voice. “He’s staying now. It’s his choice. Look at him,” Jones looked at Jess and pointed at Pete. “You really think he’s the same, that any of us are the same now? He’s gone, nothing left to recover. He’s like them.” I took note how Jones motioned to me. It angers me because I don’t know what he’s implying.

“Hey you pointed at me too,” Drake protested. “What’s wrong with me?”

“You kill people for enjoyment,” Jones rolled his eyes. “That’s fucked up.”

Drake giggled. I wasn’t feeling the same way he was.

“Fuck you guys,” I growled and turned around. I walked for the door.

“Where are you going?” Jess asked me, rising from her seat.

I turned around to look at her. “Anywhere that isn’t with you traitors. Come on Pete.” I walked out the door only to return later to drag Pete out with me. We were walking down the hallway to the exit.

I was pulling him by his arm when he asked me. “Where are we going?”

“Don’t know,” I answered. “Don’t care either. We’re gunna get away from those assholes for a while.”

“Are they really assholes?” Pete asked.

“Uh yeah,” I raised an eyebrow. “They lied to us so they’re assholes. Simple logic.”

“But what if they had a reason,” Pete persisted. “What if they were trying to protect us? Maybe so we wouldn’t be involved with them?”

“Bullshit,” I held my hand to open the door to the outside. “They are greedy and vengeful. All they wanted us for is to serve their revenge. They don’t care about us.” I pushed against the exit door and walked Pete outside.

I wasn’t looking where I was going because I was busy explaining to Pete, so I evidently walked into something. I fell to the ground and took Pete down with me. When I finally got to look up, a tall figure looked down at me.

“Woah there, Jim, you need to watch where you going,” a deep southern voice spoke to me. Casey stood over me before giving me a hand up. I in turn helped Pete up.

“Thanks,” I murmured after I was on my feet.

“Good to see you boys are alright,” Casey said. “Also congratulations on last night. You guys did a good job.”

“Casey?” A though popped in my head as I brushed myself off from the dust on the ground. “Did you know Jess was a stripper and made a deal with the ponies at that strip club?”

“Yes sir,” Casey almost seemed proud of his knowledge. “I was there when the deal was made. Was just doing my rounds with Rod and Derek when it went down. I made sure that a fair deal was made.”

“Oh,” I nodded my head. Fucking knew it. I looked at Pete. “Take a good look, Pete. Liars are everywhere.” I lamely looked back at Casey.

“You boys should head inside,” Casey stated. I could tell he felt uneasy by my stare. “It’s not exactly safe for you right now. People are scared. Police might be looking for suspects.”

“Whatever, you’re right. Let’s go Pete,” I turned around and walked back for the door.

“Do you by any chance know where you’re keeping the guns?” Casey asked.

“Those?” I thought back, as I opened the entrance door. “They’re in the closet.”

“Oh,” Casey paused. “Where is everyone else?”

“They’re in the closet too,” I answered. We all stepped inside.

“So,” Casey put on a sly, smug expression. “I take it you boys are out of the closet now?”

I stopped walking and glared at Casey. “You motherfucker,” I laughed because it felt good.

All of us helped Casey pack the guns up. We loaded them into Frank’s orange pickup truck that Casey drove here with. It was kind of sad to see the guns go but it had to be done. I gave a quick kiss to the uzi before seeing it go away.

Everybody said goodbye to Casey as he stepped into the truck. I was still a bit wary of them but honestly I’ll live. Still don’t view them as I did but I’m not abandoning my new home. I have to get them back for this.

“Say Jim,” Casey called to me just as I was about to go back inside. Everyone else was already inside.

“Yeah?” I turned to face him.

“Get over here,” he waved for me.

I approached him sitting in the driver’s seat. He reached into his pocket and handed me a small business card. It read out an address. 159 Willowbrook road.

“Come visit me and Frank some time,” Casey said. “Wouldn’t mind getting to know you better.”

I smiled a bit. “Thanks but I kind of made a promise to Frank to never see him again.”

“Yeah he told me,” Casey said uncaringly while rubbing his neck. “Fuck it; think of an excuse to come over. Tell him anything. Just that you needed to see him for some important reason. He'll buy it.”

“Really?” My heart fluttered a bit.

“Sure,” Casey nodded and started the truck up. It roared to life. “Frank isn’t that angry. Trust me.”

“Wow,” I crammed the card into my pocket. “Thanks I’ll try.”

“Take care, Jim,” Casey said goodbye one more time and drove off.

I was left behind the shelter all alone. But I was happy. I may be alone now but I’m happy. I thought this was impossible. My friends are liars and deceitful but it doesn’t matter. This shelter is my home now and I’m going to have to get used to it. Besides I still have one true friend.

With a quick turn of my heels I marched back to my shelter. I smiled at how the sun was shining and it was nice and warm out. It’s February, why the hell am I not cold? Equestrian needs to learn how to regulate season soon or I’m gunna start enjoying it here.

Before I could set foot into the shelter again, Jones blocked my path through the doorway. “Hey, weren’t you supposed to turn off the music last night?”

A lump formed in my throat and I coughed to relieve it. “Um, yeah,” I grinned nervously, expecting a verbal reprimand.

“Well I’m glad you didn’t. That song was killer!” he exclaimed.

Comments ( 27 )

Alright, I'm satisfied with it.
Now I guess I can reset my anarchy timer back to one month.
Nice job. You may wanna look over it for spelling errors, I saw about 2 or 3.
Also, what song was playing that night :P.

Also what is so wrong with jims head that he thought hugging was the answer? Like, any other character would've asked what's wrong. Seriously.

I found this image, thought it explanes the overall situation well
derpicdn.net/img/2013/1/22/220444/large.jpg

Any estimated time for an update? I'm really digging the world you have created.

I NEED MORE OF THIS FUCKING STORY!

Y U NO POST CHAPTERS.! IT'S ALMOST 2015 FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

val

3 weeks from 1 year without a chapter... :(

FOR THE LOVE OF THOR! IT'S BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR! WHAT'S GOING ON BRO!?!?!?!

Holy balls he's literally gone. It'd do the sans speech but you'll be back someday. One day

Happy Anniversary, see you next year

Hey man, i've followed this story from the very first chapter. It's been a wild ride, and i'd wish you'd let the main character reveal he made the boy kill Fluttershy. Hope to see more soon dude, cheers!

MY SON IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN A YEAR WHERE YOU AT YO!?

This story is literally the only reason I go to this site. I'm not even a brony, this story is just that good.

I need more of this amazing story it's one of the reasons I'm on this after finding it it's been to long man post more please I wanna see him get polls to kill more of the main 6... Wait it's the main 5 now MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA

More that two years Rest In Peace one of the best stories on this shithole possibly the greatest protagonist, and the other characters are amazing the world you built is believable to a extent and the characters actually are original and not the carbon copy shit if you read this comment man please come back we all miss you

Yea that`s the annoying things with Anti-Bronies/PegaSisters
They say if your over 21 and watch mlp your considered a pedophile, which is a lame ass excuse.
Ok granted, if they dont like it they dont have to watch it, but if they go and trash talk Bronies and Pegasisters, it just shows their nothing more then attention seeking arsewipes.
Thats like saying if you loved watching Popeye The Sailor Man, you were considered a criminal.

8681666
Oh well... found you.

Missed a year... fuck

9130008
More than them actually but they did contribute to it.

8562964
Love for that garbage foalcon and diaper fetishes does in fact make it pedophilia.

9220738
Which is the minority of the fandom. Not the Majority.

4 years and no updates. Press F to pay respects.

Anyone knows any large stories inspired by this fic?

You will not be forgotten

8634182
This a satire comment?

Hatred of anti-brony is not a simple fanfic, it is a masterpiece on this site. I've read lots and lots of fanfics but none of them have ever left me speechless like this one.

The story is magnificent and each chapter gets more and more interesting. the protagonist is incredible, Even though he is a bit insane, the author manages to make us like him and support him, and we never know whether or not he will achieve his goals something that a fanfic rarely manages to give.

His universe is also interesting, it's like "the boys" but with ponies instead of heroes, the more you read the more you don't like the ponies but you still want to see more.

Literally every time I read a bad fanfic, I come here to see what a gem it is. This story is an example of how to create a good plot with striking characters and captivating drama.

Even though it doesn't have an ending, it will still remain perfect for me.

Login or register to comment