• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 6,253 Views, 332 Comments

Hatred of the Anti-Brony - Angrywritingskills



I hate the world of Equestria. Eversince Earth and it became connected I have gone through a deep depression. I know whose fault it is and I know one day everyone will look at me and know I was right about ponies and the bronies too.

  • ...
58
 332
 6,253

Chapter 20: A Turning Point

Thank God I was always more of a distance runner than a speed runner because I need distance from all of this. Good Stamina is a great quality to have when it comes to just trucking it in full sprint. But still it wouldn’t hurt if I could run any faster. It feels like I’m moving so slow. I think I’ve had nightmares like this. Yeah definitely, they were always me running away from something but it was like I was running in syrup so I could barely move. Then the thing caught me and it was all over.

Back in reality it was kind of like my nightmares but instead there was no one chasing after me. Still I wasn’t going to stop running. I ran through alleyways and across streets. Everything was a blur as the air pushed against me. Don’t know where I am or where I’m going but I don’t care. I just need to put distance between me and that gruesome scene.

So I continued to charge through the city like there was no tomorrow. I must have been at the outskirts because I began to see off ramps to highways heading out. I stopped just at a small fence that separated me from the countryside realizing that there was a choice now. To leave Manehattan or just stumble around the Equestria countryside. Well truthfully the city is a safe haven since there is civilization at least. If I go out there then I’ll be dead in a field or something and nobody will care.

I turned back to the city. The lights shined up to the night sky. And I know that somewhere in there are police and ambulance lights looking for three killers, me being one of them and the other being Darius’. But it’s a big city and it would be hard to find just one man I theorized. And out there, in the country, is nothing but roads and endless open area.

Reluctantly I ran back towards the city. My plan now is to lay low for a while and then just venture around just scavenging to survive. I don’t know maybe I’ll try something again because killing that pony felt so satisfying. In the meantime I need a place to hide. Back alley? No too obvious. In a dumpster? No obvious and gross.

Then I saw it. The way I was heading there was an onramp to the high way. Underneath it was a narrow enough space that was very concealed. I bet my skinny body could fit in there. It would definitely be a good hiding spot. Nobody would see me in the darkness while I wore my black outfit.

I set out for the spot. Had to cross two lanes of traffic to get there but I made it fine. Sure some car almost hit me and I had to dive out of the way but I’m still in one piece. But what is important is I’m alive and not in jail.

Quickly I ran to my hiding spot and got flat on my belly and began to crawl under. I continued until I could feel the concrete pressing down on me. Then I went sideways and continued until my lungs were struggling to expand under the pressure. I could barely breathe but I was fine. All that matter is I’m hidden. Nobody will ever find me here and if they do then they’ll have to drag me out kicking and screaming like some kind of feral animal.

All night I watched in front of me, waiting for the cops to come and get me. Maybe a bloodhound or a German shepherd police dog will find me and chomp down on my arm while a cop yells “good boy” to it. Or maybe they’ll just shoot at me and they’ll drag my dead body out.

As the possibilities of my demise swirled in my head, I began to get very anxious. It was hard to not get up and run again. So I put my head down and that is all I remember of that night.

The next morning I woke up with a pain all over my back. It was like I had been sleeping under a rock. Well technically I was but still it kills real bad. Crawling out from under the on ramp, I took note on how dirty I was. Seemed like I was homeless with all this dirt and dust on outfit. Before I was clean even when I was living in my car or living in that garage. Now I looked the part of a man down on his luck.

I stood up in the bright of day and instantly regretted it. Falling back down and crawling under the on ramp again, I remembered that I was still being looked for. Last night would probably be another news flash. Three murders in Equestria and I was there for all of them! Well the anarchists count because they died too so that totals the count to six but as far as I know that was not televised at all so I guess they don't count.The news usually never reports on things like this anyways. It’s usually all about the ponies and what’s going on to “help humanity through the magic of friendship”.

It’s kind of awesome. Finally they have to be put to the test to see if they can handle just a bit of a challenge. I’m serious it’s like these ponies, and some bronies too, get to skate though life like it’s an all day unlimited token Chuck E. Cheese adventure just because of their species or where they live. It ain’t fair to normal people, especially me as an American who believes in equality, to have to go through it all until we reach the promised peace of old age.

What makes it worse is bronies and ponies are shielded from all the things that make up humanity and there is a focus on pony culture. That’s bullshit because the human spirit should never be kept down. Human beings are better than ponies for a lot of reasons. We are pretty much superior in every way. Things that really hurt a pony don’t even faze a human.

It really seems to me that whenever something bad happens to a pony, or a bronies since they are kind of the same thing in essence, they take it really badly. I’ve heard stories of people who become depressed immediately after something bad happens and they never recover even a tiny bit. Mostly it ends tragically.

The flaw of ponies is they can’t handle it when terrible things happen. Everything in the show is nothing compared to what us humans have gone through; heck what I’ve been through. They haven’t had to deal with loss like us. They’ve never really dealt which struggles that humans have dealt with in our history. Given I don’t really know anything about pony history but I bet it’s all songs and sugary rainbows. But it’s not their lack of struggle that pisses me off. It’s how they deal with loss.

Humans are tough, we are tough; we can endure whatever we want. But the ponies can’t and they passed it to us. Ponies are weak. Not their fault for living in a world that bred them to be pussies but that’s evolution for you. However like a parasite the ponies passed on to us their weakness. They made us not able to take pain like them.

I remember hearing stories about surveys that showed that suicide rates in kids had doubled after the whole pony culture invasion. Turns out the youth are devolving and are either killing themselves or just totally becoming shut ins after a traumatic event; this time though it’s becoming a national problem in lots of countries. In fact there was a radio station I was listening to that was talking about a local kid that had hung himself after getting into a fight with his parents or something. Truly tragic but what got to me was the reason he did it was his parents were upset with him for taking an obsession with pony culture and what not. The kid got so mad he decided that if the world, or his parents, wouldn’t accept him for who he was, then he wouldn’t accept the world.

There was another incident like this involving a pony. She had jumped off a bridge after claiming that she was being harassed for being a pony. I commend the harassers that did that but I know that it’s not true. The media hyped it for the story so people would feel sorry and again so humanity would be put to shame.

I don’t mean to sound old but back in my day we didn’t give a fuck about what happened to other people and we could take what happened to us no matter who we were up against. It was great and we were finally starting to figure things out and really start to coexist as a species. That was because we were tough and could take the challenge that was life. Now I don’t even know what life is. Ponies perverted it with their lessons and worthless morals.

The day dragged on until it was starting to get into the late afternoon. The sky turned orange and the air cooled considerably. It would be night soon and from the way the sky was darkening it was obvious there would be a storm. Stupid fucking Pegasus! They’re probably doing this to try and drive me out.

Well it’s gunna work because I can’t stay under here for another night. I’m dirty and hungry and I want to go home. Or at least go someplace where I can rest. I don’t know maybe I’ll sleep in a trash can. Where do homeless people usually sleep?

As I began to walk back towards the city I got an idea. If I could scavenge some cardboard and make a house then I would be set. Then I would find someplace dry away from the rain. Then I don’t know what the fuck I’ll do.

***

After scavenging for about two hours, I found enough cardboard to make a little house out of. I really thought there would be more of the stuff but there really wasn’t so it took a while to find. I also found a place to camp out; all alone in front of a building that could protect me from the rain. It’s not the most inconspicuous place but it’s the only one I could find. I would kill for another overhang though since I left the old one and can’t really find my way back.

As time went by it only got darker and darker as storm clouds continued to gather. It’s kind of creepy and concerning to know that they are really being moved by tiny flying horses that are watching the city from an elevated view. But my real concern is making this house. I have nothing to hold it together with so basically I’m trying to stack it together. Problem is it keeps getting knocked down when I try and enter it. Worse the wind is blowing. But I think I finally got it. Just got to place the roof.

As I gently placed the sheet of cardboard on the top, a gust of wind knocked it over. Rage inside me that had built up as a result of frustration was suddenly released.

“God fucking damn it!” I yelled throwing the cardboard I was holding to the side. Angrily I stomped on the cardboard on the ground with my heel. “Stupid fucking packing material!” Then I looked up to the sky. “Stupid fucking flying horses!” I fell to my knees and started bashing my head against the cardboard. It was ruined from my stomps so I was angry at myself now which is why I’m kind of punishing myself. Actually I’m starting to get dizzy with each thump.

When I was on my twentieth head thump I heard a voice behind me. “Alright that’s hilarious.” I turned to face the voice with a strange feeling of déjà vu.

Behind me was a girl probably my age; early twenties. She had long blondish hair that was tied back in a ponytail. Her getup was kind of off. I mean mostly people wore apparel that had to do in some way with ponies or Friendship is Magic. She wore more of what people wore back in my day which is to say a pretty basic attire; nothing flashy like people today. Also she was very pretty. I’d definitely fuck her. Too bad I’m too busy doing shit like making this fucking house!

“What’s so funny?” I snarled going back to try to remake my house all though it was a lost cause now.

“Oh nothing.” She said leaning back onto a column. “What the fuck are you wearing?” She asked.

I stiffly sat up. “I’m a fucking janitor alright!” I shouted.

“Hey no need to shout.” The girl said. “So what’s the A stand for?”

Immediately scenes of the last time a stranger noticed my A flashed into my head and I got mad almost immediately.

“It doesn’t mean Andy.” I grunted. “It’s never meant Andy, it isn’t supposed to mean Andy, and it was never my name!” I threw more cardboard around in an attempt to calm down. Don’t know why I’m so pissed off but I am.

About a minute passed before she spoke again. “Say, are you homeless?” What kind of question is that?

“No!” I growled with my back to her. I continued to stack the cardboard again.

“Alright.” She said in a snarky manner. “You’re dirty, foul mouthed, have anger issues, and you’re making a cardboard house. Face it you’re homeless.” I could feel a growl in my throat like I was some sort of animal. Suddenly the thought of attack was winning a war in my mind against just ignoring her.

After fighting with myself for a couple seconds I was able to calm myself. “Whatever. Bitch” I said finally with the last part quiet enough so she wouldn’t hear.

She remained quiet for a few more seconds. I could sense here watching me making my house. The house wasn’t really working and I felt like an idiot making it. But I didn’t really want to worry too much since I figure she’ll probably just leave after a while.

“Hey let me bring you to a homeless shelter.” She said suddenly. I could hear her walking towards me.

“What?” I exclaimed turning to her. “No I’m fine!”

“Oh sure you are.” She said smugly. “Did you know it’s about to rain? So your house isn’t going to last long and worse if they see you next morning camping out; the owners of this place will call the cops. You’re right in front of the town hall.” She pointed to a sign that indicated that this was indeed town hall.

“So?” I said reluctantly.

“So? So if you stay around you’re fucking yourself over.” The girl actually sounded concerned. It’s kind of weird. She stomped over to me and kicked my half finished cardboard house down.

I jumped up startled and angry. “Yo what the fuck!” My anger kicked in and I swung to hit her. But I never hit my target and she ducked and instead buried her own fist into my gut. She hit pretty hard or I’m just a pussy because I buckled over in pain.

That’s was also when a wave of nostalgia crashed over me. She hit just like Myriad. I remember because this was one of the games we would play. I would either hit on her or say something smart and she would clobber me. Good times.

As I fell to the concrete I was immediately jerked back up. Rather quickly I noticed that I was being carried off. My arm was resting on the girl’s neck and my feet were dragging.

“Come on.” She grunted. “We’re going to the shelter.”

“Fine.” I muttered. Might as well avoid the rain.

“By the way, my name’s Jessica. But just call me Jess.”

“Oh. My name’s Jim. I guess.”

“You guess?” Jess looked at me oddly. “What you forgot?”

“No.” I pouted.

“Well.” Jess let me go. “You can walk on your own I think.”

Since she said that I had to fall over. She stood over me.

“Oh come on. Get up.”

“No.” I said stubbornly. She frowned at me angrily.

“Get the fuck up you idiot!” She snarled as she began to stomp on me. Damn she has a good kick too. I squirmed a bit until I finally got up. I think I like this girl. She got spunk. I’ll follow her I guess.

“So uh, where we going?” I asked.

“Just around the block.” She replied. “So what’s your story?”

“What story?”

“I mean the reason you’re homeless.” She explained.

“Oh um. It’s complicated.”

“Lemme guess.” She thought for a second. “Parent’s kicked you out?”

“Not exactly.” I replied.

“You ran away then?”


“Kind of.” That’s when she really went out.

“You’re a drug addict. An alcoholic? Gay? Dishonorable? A failure? Retarded?”

“No none of those things!” I exclaimed. Retarded really?

“Alright then you’re a college drop out.” She continued on. “High school? No wait, home schooled.”

“No. I graduated from my high school.” Don’t have my diploma but I took the finals.

“Alright then. Military veteran?” She guessed. “No you don’t look it. Washout maybe?”

“Keep guessing.” I encourage sarcastically. So she did.

“Lost your job? Money ran out from parents? Parents won’t let you live with them? Just lost your possessions due to not paying your loans? Come on give me something.”

I smiled. “Alright it doesn’t have to do with something I did, but with something about me.”

“Oh alright.” This opened a new wave of guesses. “You’re schizophrenic? Depressed? Deranged? Anger issues? Oh come on it’s got to be that.” I shook my head. “Prone to violence? Huuuh!” She gasped and before I knew it I was on the ground with her foot on my head. “You’re a sex offender!” She accused.

“No!” I spat. “No, no, no, no!”

“Oh.” She helped me up. “Maybe you’re just a bum then.”

“Gee thanks.” I groaned rubbing the back of my head. Jess looked up and grinned.

“Hey we’re here.” She pointed to the building we were at. It was a square brick building. What the fuck is it with these bricks? Seems everywhere I go there are these bricks buildings. It can’t be for style something must be up. Just another thing that has to be added to my list of things I don’t know.

“After you.” She said opening the door for me.

“Ever hear of ladies first?” I asked stepping through the door.

“You got beat up and I’m the lady?” Jess laughed as she walked in behind me. Wait if she beat me up then that means this is the third time a girl has beaten me up.

“Fuck!” I said rather loudly.

“What’s the matter?” Jess asked.

“Third time.” I held up three fingers.

“Third time what? Third time being called a lady or third time getting beat up?”

“The second one.” I answered stupidly since this prompted a snicker from her.

“Well maybe you are retarded.” She patted my back. Gee thanks bitch. “Come on let’s get you something to eat. Then you can go make some friends.” She began walking towards what I assume what a food line and I followed.

The whole set up of the room was a big cafeteria, I guess. There was, who I assume, homeless people seated everywhere. Odd thing is these people don’t look like they’re really homeless. They all have clean clothes and look relatively fine compared to me. They don’t look like bronies but they don’t look like people I would think would live here. I should ask Jess.

When I finally got my food I realized it was like the lunch I would have gotten in school. Just a plain ordinary lunch except this is dinner. Guess this is what they serve the homeless. Pretty nice actually considering what I’ve been accustomed to traveling the roads.

I ate alone since I really don’t like the looks of the people here. They aren’t bronies but they remind me of the people I used to meet when I traveled around hoods in the Mid West. They were scary looking like they would kill someone if given the chance to.

I quickly finished my meal and made my way over to Jess who was behind the little counter that the food was being served at, sitting on a box. She seemed to be watching over the cafeteria like some sort of supervisor.

“Hey Jess.” I said approaching her.

“Oh hey uh.” She snapped her fingers in thought.

“Jim.” I reminded her halfheartedly.

“Oh right.” Jess smiled then went annoyed rather quickly. “What do you want?”

“Uh I don’t know?” I shrugged. “Just what is this place? Who owns it?”

“I own it.” She replied.

“You own it?” I asked in disbelief. I know better than any that real estate in Equestria sucks. Agents mainly sell to ponies and the humans live in rentals most of the time. It’s the reason I was living in an abandoned garage since all the apartments were taken in Las Pegasus and nothing cheap was available.

“Yeah I own it. Ever little crummy brick.” She replied. “Why? Didn’t expect a little human girl like me to own and run an establishment like this in this great country?”

“Uh no I didn’t.” I said. Did she read my mind or something? “But what are you doing here? Why are you helping these people.”

“You telling me you haven’t been to a homeless shelter?” Jess suddenly stood up. “You telling me you you’ve never gone out of your way to help someone who has nothing? You’ve never felt any drive to at least give that old man or young woman down on their luck a helping hand, because that is ultimately the right thing to do, and to show some kindness to those less fortunate not for peace of mind but for the greater good?”

By the end of her little speech she was uncomfortable close to my face. She has leaned in with each word probably to drive a point across. It was a lot to take in. I don’t know if it was a guilt trip but if it was then it was pointless. I just murdered a pony with my bare hands so there is no way I’m letting guilt get to me.

“Who do you think I am?” I growled in response.

Jess snickered a bit. “A bum. So I guess I shouldn’t expect you to be able to show some compassion. But that’s why I opened up this shelter. To help people like you who won’t help others. The point is at least I’m helping people.”

That again struck a chord in me. If only she knew of my contribution to humanity, to people. By killing ponies, especially those in power, I’m making it a safer world for humans to exist in. But it seems that I haven’t done anything compared to this. Everywhere I look there seem to be people just getting along. It’s frustrating actually because it makes me feel helpless. I don’t feel guilty that I could be doing something but helpless because I don’t know what to do. Well I guess I’ll ask her.

“What am I supposed to do about it?” It came out as another growl.

“Well.” Jess began pushing me towards the tables. “You can start by making a few friends. You know talk to some people and get to know people around here.”

That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. I say that because it’s something a pony would say. God I hate ponies for being the symbol for friendship nowadays. Their friendship is stupid anyway. Generosity, kindness, loyalty, honesty, and laughter; magic doesn’t count. I’ve never had friends that were any of those things. Heck not even Darius, my best friend, was even close to what friendship was to ponies, yet he was the best friend anyone could ever want.

“I don’t need to make friends.” I snarled at her.

“And why’s that?” She asked.

“Because I don’t need friends.”

“Whoa now.” She stood in front of me. “You definitely need friends.”

“No.” I retorted. Part of me wanted to tell her that the last friends I had betrayed me and the other died. But something told me that it wasn’t important at this moment.

“Oh please. Everyone needs someone. Come on aren’t we friends?”

“I just met you.” I frowned at her.

“And this is crazy.” She replied with a grin. “But seriously if you won’t make friends then that’s fine for now. It’s your first day so I’ll let you walk this one. But I’m telling ya.” She put a hand on my shoulder. “We need to stick together. Us humans are really struggling nowadays. You think you’re the only guy I’ve picked up?”

Us humans? I looked around and realized something. There were no ponies. Humans of all shapes and sizes but no ponies. I know I shouldn’t expect there to be a homeless pony but I at least expect them to be helping out. A species that is known for helping out humanity should be helping out us now. But I don’t see one. Hallelujah!

“Well um, thanks, I guess.” I stammered.

“Thank you for what?” She prodded.

“Thank you for helping me out in this shit?” I guessed that what she wanted to hear.

“Well that’s a start.” She lightly smiled. “Just a tip, try to refrain from swearing. You’ll make yourself look like some kind of thug. Especially with that getup.”

My getup? Please I’m a white boy with a jumpsuit. I’m not menacing at all. Maybe a bit shady but that’s because I look like a bum. Seriously if it wasn’t that I’m so desperate I would never be caught dead in this thing. But it kind of grew on me and I see it kind of as a symbol. This is the outfit that sheltered me from looking suspicious when I escaped Bronycon. So I have some stories embroidered in this article of clothing.

I eventually retired to a separate table to contemplate things. Truthfully I’m very shy. It was a problem when I was a kid because I wouldn’t really interact with people unless I absolutely had too. A better word for this is antisocial. Yeah it was terrible; I would barricade myself in my room and just avoid all human contact including my family. So basically I did the thing to do for kids of my time. But that changed after a while because I had friends that dragged me out into the sun to play with them and that’s how they got me to trust them. After their betrayal I tried to return to that life of being alone but I couldn’t stay home with my parent’s scornful gaze. It was around that time that I hung with Darius a lot and we would get into trouble. Thus that ended me being afraid of talking to people because I learned of scarier things than social conversation.

My antisocial behavior still comes back from time to time. It was the reason I stayed alone with the anarchists for a year and it’s the reason I am sitting alone by myself in this shelter. Apparently the rules for this place are that I use this as a place to sleep but it is not a hang out. I can also get three meals a day at breakfast, lunch, and dinner times. Jess apparently doesn’t want this to be a gang stronghold so it’s pretty strict.

This place is just a stop though. I don’t know how long I will be here but I will leave eventually. I still can’t get my murder out of my head. Everything about it had been absorbed into my mind. The sound, the feel, and most importantly the sight were all perfectly memorized. I will never forget the feeling because it completely destroyed all my doubts about what I’ve been doing with my life. I have seen that the only way I will be able to continue with my life is to bring ruin to all ponykind. Before I thought it was because I had nothing better to do, but now I know that it’s my destiny. If I was a pony I would have gotten my cutie mark for that murder. Wonder what it would be?

It was dark out when people started clearing out of the cafeteria and going to their rooms. I didn’t follow since I’m not exactly sure where to go or where to sleep. Besides I’ve been having fun watching the news. Surprisingly they haven’t reported my murder which is too bad because I’m proud of that and would like credit.

I guess with a string of murders of important people, it’s hard to notice the small people. Right now they were still covering 8-Set’s murder which is good because he deserves all the recognition he can get. So far they’ve still haven’t found the murderers which is fine with me. His killers aren’t people but an ideology that has infected the human race. The disease of course stemmed from ponies and carried by bronies so they must be eradicated since I see no way to cure them of their own faults.

That hot female reporter with the nice rack was talking about some of Darius’s achievements as a rapper when Jess stepped in front of me. She had a kind of scowl on her face.

“Time to go to bed, um, Jim.” She said. Geez can’t she remember my name, like really. She turned around to the TV to shut it off; quickly listening to the last few words. “Huh that’s sad.” She said as she turned it off. “8-Set’s dead. Too bad a lot of people here liked his music.”

“I was there when they shot him.” I murmured.

“Oh were you now?” Jess laughed.

“Yeah I was.” I insisted. “I was his fucking best friend.”

“Right?” Jess rolled her eyes in disbelief.

“I know some things that no one else knows about him.” I said to prove my point. “Like how he would sometimes talk like there were a lot of people around him even if no one was there. That was because when we were kids he was threatened by a rival rapper which put him into really bad paranoia. So for the next two weeks, Darius, I mean Set, would always yell out as if there was someone with us. Well that’s how we caught the rival because one day when Set did that the rival got spooked and tried to make a run for it. Well Set just went crazy and we kicked the shit out of the guy. Then when we were done, to prove a point, Set tied him to the bumper of his car and we drove the rival down several streets until letting him go. He was so fucking messed up he never rapped again in fear of people seeing his scars.”

I laughed at the good memory. Darius sure could do some crazy stuff if he wanted to. Like hanging me over that balcony. He’s the only person I knew who would do that and then joke about it like it wasn’t anything real bad.

Jess silently looked at me before finally breathing what sounded like an annoyed sigh. “So what you’re his gay lover or something?”

“No.” I said. “I was his friend till the end. I saw it all. He was killed by bronies.”

“Bronies?”

“Yeah bronies.” I went on. “They killed him for exposing them as the little shits they are. Ponies had something to do with it too.”

“Uh huh?” She put her hands on her hips. “Alright I think I understand you now. You’re angry at the world for something and you’ve ended up here because you can’t get over it.”

“No.” I said in defiance.

“Oh please honey.” Jess snickered. “I’ve heard it all before. You homeless are all the same. Broke and washed-up and very prone to anger.”

“Fuck you lady!” I yelled. Somehow she seemed to be getting to me. I guess she reminded me of someone I didn’t like. Or maybe it’s because she seems to not really believe me which is something I hate.

“See you’re yelling at me.” She pointed. “You homeless are so opt for violence. Which is why I’m keeping you here. I mean just yesterday I had a guy trying to sell weapons to some of the people here. I had to chase him off of course.”

Wait. Frank was here?

“You did what?” I exclaimed getting up. “Why would you do that?”

“Are you kidding me?” She growled. “Do you know about the repercussions of giving these people the means to hurt? I don’t think you do.”

“What do you mean these people?”

“Oh my gosh.” Jess face-palmed. “You have no idea about things around here.”

“I only just got here.” I told her. “I came from Las Pegasus.”

“That place is even worse!” Jess exclaimed. “Wasn’t there some cult that tried to get Discord to side with them?”

“I, I couldn’t tell you.” I stammered. How the fuck does she know about that? Must have been televised and I didn’t know. Yeah they follow Discord around like he’s got a gravitational pull. Everyone hopes to see him do something but he never does anymore.

“Whatever, the point is people here seem to be very prone to trying to hurt others.”

“Are you kidding me lady?” I snarled. “People these days are complete pussies. They just want to sit and get some mare to suck them off.”

“Where the fuck have you been?” Jess asked. “People don’t act like that. Lot of people here hate ponies. You must be middle class because we poor folk see a different world.”

“Poor? I though ponies were trying to help humans.”

“Uuuh, you’re stupid.” Jess groaned. “You think giving a person a job really helps them? Well it doesn’t; not in this economy. And besides, ponies are taking the job market away from humans so some help they’re being.” Jess looked to a clock. It read nine. “Shit you need to go to bed.”

“What but it’s only nine. I want to know more.” I complained. “Hold on you’re not my mom. I don’t have to go to bed yet.”

Before I could complain any further, Jess had me in a headlock. Damn was she strong. I tried to struggle but she forced me to the ground. After that she let me go so I got back on my feet. As soon as I was up I received a swift kick to my lower back which knocked me forward.

“Let’s go.” Jess ordered kicking me again to further coax me to move. After a couple more kicks and some more grumbling on my part, she led me to where she wanted me to be. It was this long hallway with three doors in it.

“You’re the door to the left. It’s where the men sleep.” Jess pointed. “The first door on the right is my room and the second one is where the girls sleep. You are for no reason to enter the doors to the right. Last thing anybody wants are anymore crying babies in this shelter. Already made the mistake once so I’m not making it again. And if you ever.” This time she slammed me against the wall and held me there. “If you EVER! Try to abuse any of the girls here or make them feel uncomfortable. I won’t throw you out but I will make sure you never do it again. Are we clear?”

I’m actually pretty fucking scared. “Jesus lady I won’t.” I gulped. “I haven’t had a girl in six years.”

“Even more reason to suspect you of something.” She hissed. “But anyways go to bed. Tomorrow you’re gunna socialize and maybe find a job. Got me? You may be worthless now but you can at least dig yourself out. Lot of people aren’t as well off as you are right now.” With that she turned around and went through the door that was her room.

Wow. What a woman. She’s so fucking intimidating. No not that, she’s passionate. I can tell she cares about these people. Now that is how ponies should go about this whole situation. She’s not sheltering them she’s helping them and not even for her own benefit.

But what is this about people hating ponies? I don’t know what to think about that because it sounds like my fantasy. Seriously just one other human that fells like I do would make me cry tears of joy. I guess this gives me reason to socialize then. Haven’t really seen homeless people in Equestria so getting to know their story would be nice. May remind me why I hate ponies, which is always a good thing.

I walked through the door to the men’s bedroom. It reminded me of military sleeping quarters that I remember looking at on the internet when Darius and I were going to join the marines. There were rows of bunk beds that were all the same, that lined the walls leaving a pathway for walking in the center. Lots of homeless men were up but some were in bed. Seeing that I had nowhere better to be I walked for a bed somewhere away from everyone.

I eventually found one and decided to take top bunk. But before I could get on it, a voice stopped me.

“Whoa there.” A German accent stopped me. That’s weird I’ve never heard a European in Equestria. Almost forgot that the portals were all over the world not just America. I turned to the man that was in the bed adjacent to me.

“I wouldn’t go there. Some people here are very territorial about where they sleep. Try the bed next to it. Bottom bunk.”

“Alright thanks.” I murmured with a wave. That was weird kindness. I went to the bed the German told me and I lied down. No sheet but at least this place is warm. I did my best to ignore the chatter and eventually it died down as the night went on.

As I started to fall asleep, a thought came to my mind. This place can be my home. A permanent home perhaps. I don’t need to abandon it like all the other places. If I can meet the people, maybe they can be my family. This place is perfect. From here I think that I can really do some damage to the brony community. Yeah I commit a murder here and there and then escape here and blend in with the crowd.

I’m just gunna make a prediction. Tomorrow I bet my life is going to change or at least start changing. I curled up into a ball since there were no sheets and it was the best night of sleep I have ever had in ages.

Author's Note:

This chapter took me longer than I wanted but it's here after about a month. But more importantly this is a milestone; chapter twenty. Don't know how long this story is gunna be but there is still a lot more so stay along for the ride.