• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 6,255 Views, 332 Comments

Hatred of the Anti-Brony - Angrywritingskills



I hate the world of Equestria. Eversince Earth and it became connected I have gone through a deep depression. I know whose fault it is and I know one day everyone will look at me and know I was right about ponies and the bronies too.

  • ...
58
 332
 6,255

Chapter 18: Oppurtunity

Still bitter over his rejection, Curizno sat in his big executive desk pouting. He had everything a man of business could want in the market and his power was rising. As of now he owned sixty percent of the market in Equestria. Yet still he couldn’t get things that were actually of importance to him like the princess. When she finally stops being a bitch, he’s gunna open those legs like a book.

But in the meantime it would be most beneficial to work this whole High Council assassin thing out. If there was someone who could hit the High Council then they could hit him. It was a threat to national security which meant national business and if business hurt; he would hurt. So eradicating this guy would be a good step for Curizno to achieve. Also Twilight might like him more if he does.

Despite his absence from the actual government Curizno was very essential to Equestria as a whole. After all a country doesn’t run off its government but on its industry and Equestria is prime for industry. With no rules and regulations it was an entrepreneur’s paradise. Good thing Curizno got to the pie first and set down the ground works to work to his benefit. Good ole free market will never fail those who take the chance.

Well it only made sense now to continue working on controlling the entire Equestria industry. There was this mom and pop store that he had to accuse of contamination. Maybe he would replace it with a parking lot for something more important. But before he could make the call; he received one.

“Hello.” He answered the phone he had on his desk.

“Mr. C there is one of your agents here saying he has something to tell you.” The voice of his secretary came through the receiver.

“Well send him up.” Curizno said before putting the phone down. This is good he was expecting a visitor today. In a couple seconds there was a knock on the door. “Come on in.” Curizno said and the agent stepped through.

“Hello Mr. Curizno.” The agent said.

“Please have a seat.” Curizno offered. The agent sat down to discuss business. “You’re from the security company right?”

“Yes sir. Copperhead Security. We’re the company assigned to ensuring the safety of participants at this winter’s Grand Galloping Gala as to relief the Equestrian Guard for the night.”

“Oh yes.” Curizno laughed. “Those idiots hiring a security company. Who’s gunna threaten them? Don’t they know that there’s nobody with a gun in Equestria?”

“Well except for Copperhead.” The agent said. “We probably own some of the only weaponry in Equestria.”

“I know!” Curizno said enthusiastically. “And I own Copperhead! Friendly advice to you. Whatever the condition of the world, there will always be a market for weapons. Even despite the fact that there is protest against guns. I’ve made more money than ever selling to countries that don’t support Equestria’s treaties.”

“Well that’s all good sir but the problem we have is with the guns.” The agent explained. “So that sniper rifle test came back and that rifle is indeed from the Copperhead armory.”

“Huh I thought so.” Curizno said. “Well whatever.”

“W-whatever?” The agent’s jaw dropped. “N-no sir. Not whatever. Do you even know what this means? It could mean that the assassination was carried out by one of Copperhead’s employees or that the gun was obtained inside Equestria. If people trace it back to Copperhead then we’ll be ruined.”

“Oh don’t get me wrong I know of the risks.” Curizno reached into a drawer. “You look nervous. Are you nervous? Here have a cigar.” He held out a rather large cigar which the agent took.

“Uh thanks.” The agent said as Curizno lit the cigar.

“You see.” He leaned back in his seat. “The purpose of a rich man is to have luxuries and I am a very rich man thus I have many luxuries. These luxuries include having a clear mind and a plan when things go bad. Take example the rifle that was acquired at the scene. When government employees inspected it they found no prints and no serial number which means they will have to go through steps to check where the parts were made and such fine details to find anything useful. By the time they do that they will trace it back to Copperhead and the business will be doomed. I will cut my losses and make sure that I don’t lose too much in the aftermath.”

The agent almost lost his grip on his cigar. Truthfully Copperhead is a very new business but it has a very bright start. With their past work proving their worth such as substituting positions for the Equestria guard or being bodyguards for many of the government officials related to Equestrian politics, they have cemented themselves as reliable. And with their contract to run security for the Gala, they’ve almost enacted a solid grip on all future job opportunities. All of this was of course made possible by their investors who with influence in Equestria were able to give them the chance to prove themselves. So with Curizno, their biggest stock holder, saying he would pull his money, it would be a massive blow to the company.

“Hehehehe.” Curinzo giggled. “Good thing I won’t have to do that.”

“What do you mean by that?” the agent asked still trying to get over the shock. The cigar was helping.

“It’s easy.” Curizno explained. “The biggest threat of a business is another business. Not even war can condemn a good trade. Competition can though and I believe there is one other competitor that must be dealt with until Copperhead can own all of the market on security. You struggle with Bluestar Security Co. do you not?”

“Well yes we do.” The agent replied.

“Well it’s good for you that I have many friends.” Curizno lit up a cigar for himself. “And some of my friends may or may not work for law enforcement. Remember friendship is magic and I can do quite a few tricks. Like shift blame onto Bluestar, after the law finds the sniper to match up with their signatures then they will be doomed. From there I will buy the company and it can be absorbed by Copperhead.”

“Hmm.” The agent thought on this. He was told that Curizno was a smart man but not this smart. If his plan comes together then a powerful hand will take hold of Equestria. “Seems like everything will be fine then. But I still must warn about the rifle.”

“Oh fuck the rifle.” Curizno blew smoke. “If you find the employee that either did the deed or gave the rifle then you should give them a promotion. This tragedy can be used to our complete advantage. I am a man of opportunity and even in tragedy there is opportunity. Things change and one can make it change to their liking. When something happens in business, nothing happens, it’s just us making more money.” Curizno grew a devious grin.

“Huh.” The agent exhaled some smoke. The office was starting to get really smoky. “Well I guess my business is concluded here.” He began to walk away. “Just one question. What kind of cigars are these?”

“You American?” Curizno asked. The agent nodded. “Well then these are Cuban cigars. With everything that has happened I would think they would lift a silly embargo.”

“I don’t make the rules, sir.” The agent answered back.

“Eh whatever. Now get out of my office.” He turned his chair around. “I think I’m gunna straighten out a fucking rapper who things he can do whatever he wants. Fucker is gunna hurt my investments in him and other musicians.” The agent disappeared through the door once again leaving Curizno alone. He picked up his phone and called his secretary.

“Hey Linda.” He said. “Make sure that rapper, 8-Set, gets a talk from his manager.”

“Yes Mr. C” Linda answered.

“Oh and email me Twilight Sparkle’s schedule for the day. I have business for her.” Curizno said with a grin before hanging up.

***

“Yes, yes, I know sir yes. Well that’s just. Hey that’s not my fault. Well it’s supposed to be offensive. No shit. Yeah, yeah fuck you too. I don’t give a fuck. I’m, I’m. I can do what I fucking want! Yeah suck my dick!”

Darius has been on the phone ever since we released that track. God the fucking reactions were hilarious. See all we had to do was some editing and then we released it on the internet and let it ricochet from there. It got mixed reviews but we expected that, what we were aiming for was the reactions and they were priceless. For the most part the normal people were shocked and declared this to be absolutely terrible. But I guess some fans of 8-Set came and began defending the song calling it bold and just a harmless song. Then there came people who didn’t give a fuck and liked the fact it was so catchy and said to hell with lyrical content. Still all of this started a flame war over the internet which was nice but it was better to see the reactions of the people we were aiming for.

The five ‘rappers’ who we insulted were filled with a rush of emotions. I know because we accidentally ran into them at the studio about two days after the whole thing. All of them were a combination of anger, hate, embarrassment, and fear. I mean they didn’t know what to do. Darius pretty much completely toasted them in that diss and they knew that. What they didn’t know was how to respond properly. So they mostly antagonized him on Twitter and over the net. Three of them threatened to make a diss track back but Darius just told them to do it so he could make another. The pony of the group looked ready to piss himself.

Anyways Darius really freaked them out when he basically challenged to fight all of them. I was ready to take them out, I mean Darius calls me small but they’re something special. They’re literally anorexic fucks. I thought rappers were supposed to be big and tough. I’m really nothing special since I’m mostly just oversized clothing I got from Darius. But still I could take them on maybe two on a good day.

So we chased them off after Darius pretty much ran at them like a god damn mad man. They ran straight to their cars and drove away. Serves them right for trying to act tough and not being able to support themselves. I mean I’m skinny too but I only talk tough when I’m confident in my ability. Although last times I talked tough both Myriad and Rainbow Dash kicked my ass. Great I’ve been beaten up by a girl twice.

The only threat that we anticipated but haven’t dealt with successfully was the Darius’ manager. He was absolutely pissed; I could hear him on the phone even when it was up to Darius’ ear. It was awful, he was threatening to come down and strangle my friend. But more importantly he was threatening to end Darius’ career. That must have really shook him because Darius was just on the phone trying to appease the motherfucker but I guess there’s only so much he can take.

The song was a week ago and right now it’s the most viewed video of the week and is on the top of the charts. Yeah it was such a shock to everyone that it just had to be played everywhere. Sure they censored the swears and everything but the beat was so catchy that people wanted to hear it. Truthfully not many people have heard of 8-Set but they now know his voice. Not many people knew about the beef, but they do now which got Darius publicity and publicity equals sales. No really there’s been a huge increase in his album sales of which he has three. The manger ought to be happy not pissed off.

“Hey Darius next time he calls, ask him what pair of his wife’s panties he has on.” I said lying on the bed.

“You already said to do that Scott.” Darius said with his face in his hands. “And I did that remember?” Actually no I don’t.

If there was one thing I did not see coming, it was Darius’ reaction. He was really enthusiastic a week ago when we made the track. Sure he had those cold feet but then he just went for it. Now that he’s here I guess all the attention is getting to him. Sure he’s gotten positive things but there has been a lot of hate. And I mean a lot of hate. Attacking mainstream artists like that was a gutsy move but so far it’s going fine. But I guess between his manager and the confrontational nature of everybody, Darius hasn’t been feeling too well.

As a friend I’ve been trying to cheer him up but so far I can’t do anything. I’m not Pinkie Pie who can make people smile. She’s a bitch anyway and annoying as fuck, why people tolerate her I don’t know. But Darius right now is not in the mood for anything. I feel like this is my fault because it was my idea to diss those fags and I didn’t think once to wonder what my friend thought on it. I took another look at Darius who as staring into the corner of the wall. Yeah I’m not letting some hothead a thousand miles away and some Twitter cunts getting my buddy down.

I quickly grabbed Darius’ phone from next to him and went on the Twitter app. “Hey look.” I said. “That guy, Piercing Note, you know the pony, posted another tweet. If I see Eight I’m gunna buck him in his chest. Hashtag punk ass.” I tried saying it in an annoying voice. “Ha that’s funny. Remember he met us and he was the first to run. Wait a minute how does a pony type on a phone?”

“They type using magic or their wings.” Darius explained with his hands still on his face. “If they an Earthy then they shit out of luck. He probably has an assistant to do it for him.”

“Oh.” I muttered. I scrolled down to see some more tweets. Geez these guys are really flustered about this. Tweet after tweet for the last couple hours have been nothing but how much they’re going to destroy Eight or how rude the diss was. Even a couple other celebrities tweeted about it; this thing is really getting out. Oh look a post from Tara Strong how cute. Doesn’t she have a country to run instead of posting tweets that don’t concern her? She’ll pay too when I do something really awesome that’ll kill all of them. No really if I ever find I have the chance I’m taking the whole political system down.

It’s really a simple plan. I take down the government and then everything falls apart. It’s like Zayn always told me, if I want to truly cause the death of ponies then all I have to do is make them vulnerable. The only thing is his idea to make them vulnerable was to destroy authority but I always thought that was just stupid. Everything Zayn told me was stupid, such as where the government is weakest and how they could be tipped by a single event. Really he was such the anarchist, but he would never act which was the problem. But me I did act and I think I have a couple more blunders ahead of me. Maybe I’ll even include Darius, that would be fun.

But seeing that he’s really feeling down right now I still need to do something to cheer him up. So I flicked on the TV. Immediately there was footage of the news. Yeah lots of the TV programs in Equestria are usually government owned since Equestria is still being constructed into a modern nation. Right now there was some kind of report on the whole Fluttershy assassin. Figures it’s all they would talk about. It’s been like a couple weeks you’d think they’d have something else to talk about. Truthfully I haven’t been keeping up too much since it was just the same thing over and over again.

Wonder what they’ll bitch about now.

“So again in the news today a new shocking and disturbing evidence has been found recently.” A human female reporter said looking very distraught. She has a nice rack. Wait I’m supposed to be paying attention, this might be important.

“As I’ve said before, the sniper has come forward but the true assassin is still at large.” The reporter continued. Wait what? “Daniel Francisco, a ten year old boy from Idaho, came with his parents two weeks back to confess to the assassination of the beloved pony Fluttershy.” N-no Danny why’d you do that? I told you not to.

“Yes Mary.” A male pony reporter said. “Daniel admitted to authorities that he was the one who killed the beloved Fluttershy but he also revealed a disturbing detail.” The screen cut to montages showing Dan in custody and other things relating to this whole thing like footage of crowds mourning. This must have tipped Darius’ interest because he looked up.

The pony reporter continued. “About two weeks ago, Daniel and his family members came forth before authorities in New Canterlot to tell the story of what happened. It all started when Daniel got bored waiting for the main six and wandered off without his parents’ supervision. Eventually on a construction site overlooking the con he ran into a man who forced him through intimidation to take the shot that would end the element of kindness.”

“This man.” The reporters switched to the female. “Is the one ultimately responsible for this tragic event. Daniel described the man but it proved to be very faulty information.” The footage then changed to an interview with Daniel in presumable prison. His face was blurred out and voice changed, probably to hide his identity.

“He never told me his name because I never asked.” Daniel said in this slow almost slurred tone. Jesus Christ did they drug him? “He wore a yellow jacket that smelled bad that had black stripes on it like Bumble Bee. Then there were jeans that were too big for him.” The tape cut and there was a voice asking him about my face. “No his face was covered by sunglasses and a mask. On his head he wore a black hat with mesh so I know that he had brown hair cut short… buzz cut.”

I touched my hair. I had gotten a haircut along with the change of clothes when I met up with Darius. Actually my hair was beginning to get long back then but it could still be a buzz cut. Now it was pretty shaved like a skin head that needed a haircut. Well they got my hair at least. Still in the clear I hope.

But what I’m really disturbed, sickened, and depressed by is how disturbed, sickened, and depressed Daniel looked. How does a kid who was so full of life when I met him go to this sack of sadness? Surely it’s not all my fault. Maybe I can be blamed for the initial shock but not for this sorry state. It’s just… fuck me.

What did he ever do to anyone? It should be me on the television and he should be the one watching. I’m not guilty of just killing Fluttershy; I’m guilty of killing a kid’s innocence. Damn it.

“Whoever did this is a whole new kind of monster.” I heard the pony reporter say.

I could feel my eyes water and I quickly turned off the TV so I wouldn’t have to look and listen anymore. That was a big mistake. I should have just taken the shot and see where it went from there. Next time, there’s always a next time. Next time I’ll be the one to take the shot. Next time it’ll be me and no one except my target will get hurt. Huh, that sounds almost heroic.

“Damn.” Darius murmured. “That kid’s gunna have some issues when he grows up.” I didn’t respond to that. Feel bad but I guess it’s all part of the job. I take a life I have to be responsible for everything that comes after it. Even the things I feel sorry for. It’s just I thought I was in the clear for so long. What could have made Dan have a change of heart?

“Yo.” Darius just said. “A yellow jacket that smelled bad with black stripes like Bumblebee and jeans. Hmmm.” He looked directly at me and I looked at him. We kept this up for a minute before I got anxious.

“Got something to say?” I asked spastically. He just stared at me for a bit longer before responding.

“Nah man. I ain’t got nothing to say.”

“Well good.” I turned back around. “Because that’s good.” I sounded stupid there.

Eventually Darius stood up and walked to the closet. I saw him disappear into it. He was probably looking for a change of clothes. Eventually he came out wearing my yellow jacket with some of his jeans. I looked at him like he was crazy.

“Why you wearing my clothes buddy?” I said.

“Eh I don’t know?” Darius replied. “Can I keep this?” What is he insane? They’re looked for someone in that getup right now. I may have lost Danny but not him.

“Yeah sure you can.” I said not really thinking about it. The words just came out of my mouth.” Can I keep the clothes you lent me?” I just continued to not make the conversation awkward.

“Yep.” He nodded and sat back down on the bed. “Hey where exactly did you get that jumpsuit?” Darius suddenly asked.

“I told you I was a janitor and just kept the outfit.” I replied. “I think the place was called Andy’s repair shop.”

“Why would a repair shop need a janitor?” Darius asked.

“Um.” Ah shit he got me. “Well I was more of a hired hand that was just there to clean the place and sometimes run errands.”

“Alright.” Darius lied back on the bed. “Sounds like an intern but isn’t it odd that there is the anarchy symbol on the back? Guess it was a local business then.”

“Um yep, yes it was.” I stammered. “Got paid for a week’s work and then I got out of there.”

“Yep that could be a reason.” Darius nodded. “Or you could’ve been a gangbanger. You know an anarchist. There were a couple in this Middle East place I performed at. Crazy motherfuckers you know?”

“No.” I replied stiffly.

“Yeah you’re way too soft to do anything like that.” Darius chuckled.

Well I guess I’m bored. No I’m anxious. I don’t know what’s happening or what to do. Fuck if I was a marine then I would be trained to respond to stress. But no I’m just a bum who is so pathetic he has to use children to do his bidding. Damn it I’m not going to feel bad for myself!

“Hey Darius. Let’s go out.” I said getting off the bed.

“Go where?” He asked.

“I don’t know, just out.” I stretched. “I’ll drive.”

“Motherfucker you ain’t got a license remember?” Darius mocked. Yeah I kind of destroyed my license after I realized it was invalid and since I no longer have a car. But really who’s gunna pull me over?

“So what let’s drive.” I insisted.

“Where?” Darius asked again.

“I don’t know let’s cruise.” I replied. “It’s five and we’re in Manehattan.” I thought for a second. “You know what? I want to see the hood.”

“What hood?” Darius said sarcastically.

“Oh there’s gotta be some kind of perverted pony version of the hood here.” I said. “We’ll find it and get street cred doing some stupid shit. Don’t you wanna see where rap was born? Or at least an alternate version of it.”

Darius thought to himself, probably considering what else he could do. “Alright fine.” He said finally.

“Sweet!” I exclaimed. “Oh and you ought a change.”

“Why?” He asked.

“Dude, you’re wearing the clothes of an assassin.” I pointed out. “You wanna get hauled off to jail?”

“Eh I see your point.” Darius went into the closet and came back soon with a change of clothes. “Alright let’s go.”

“I’m driving.” I smirked dangling the car keys.

So we eventually found out how to get to the hood. Had to stop at McDonalds before we got there since Darius was apparently starving. Anyways we got a map from a tourist spot and looked for the residential district. Our mentality was that the commercial district is usually safe because of the law enforcement but the residential district will have a higher concentration of people. A higher concentration of people always means bad things happen. Darius knows this the most since he grew up in a hood.

It took a while to actually find the residential district since we were kind of lost and I couldn’t concentrate with Darius yelling at me every time we made a wrong turn. Then of course when he started getting impatient he wanted me to start running red lights. It only got out of hand when he grabbed the wheel and we started driving on the side walk. We didn’t hit anyone but I did almost piss myself.

In the end we found our residential district. It was kind of like how it was in Las Pegasus. There were housing projects made of bricks all sat close to each other like dominoes. This was definitely the hood or as hood as it would get. Definitely had that pony cleanliness to it but it brought back that human friendliness that I love to see.

Everything was so euphoric. Reminded me of how it was back when I was still in high school and Darius would want me to hang so I’d drive down to the bad side of town and we’d chill. Got into a lot of trouble but those were memories. I always remember Darius was a madman when it came to living off the streets. He’s so crazy he once followed someone home and waited in their closet just to show them not to mess with him. Yeah he’s that kind of inspirational.

We parked alongside a building eventually and tried to see what would happen. Can’t do much but drive around and I think Darius doesn’t really like me driving his expensive rental around. No really the only car he has is a rental since most of his money goes to his manager. It’s a very parasitic contract he’s under.

Speaking of his manager, he called a couple times and I decided to have a talk with him. Let’s say Darius might have to bring in some flowers to calm his boss down. Might have hurt his rep with his boss but I made Darius laugh and that’s what matters.

After a while we decided to go out on the main part of town again. I don’t like ponies and that’s where they’ll be most concentrated but we can’t stay in the residential district all night especially when nothing happens. It was nice to see the hood but right now we need to spend our times productively. So Darius suggested we go to a club. He said something about getting our beefs wet. And I was all like, I thought we were going to the club not a grocery store. He slapped me for that.

By the time we were back in the main city it was already dark out. That was when the night life of the city started. There were all the lights of Manhattan that I remembered and they shone so bright. It would be kind of beautiful if not for the ponies in the advertisements. Still it was like humanity. Bright and shining in the dark. Beautiful just needed to get rid of ponies to really shine.

“Damn it’s fucking warm out.” Darius said taking off a hoodie he brought and rolling down his window. “It’s supposed to be late fall right?”

“Yes it is.” I said rolling down my own window. “You can thank ponies for the unseasonal weather. Those unnatural fucks changing the temperature around. They’d do anything to appease us just so we’ll get on our back and they can gut us like fish. Did I ever tell you that one time I gutted a fish? My dad slapped the shit out of me when I threw the intestines at him.” That was a fun time.

“I know I was there.” Darius sneered. “You fucking slapped me with a flounder.”

“Yeah well you threw me overboard and everybody laughed at me... good times right?”

“Yeah. Everybody here remembers that.” Darius reclined back. He did that thing again when he talks like there are people around us. It’s a fun story behind that. Full of paranoia and excitement.

“So you know where this club is at?” I asked looking around for it. Lucky for us there isn’t a lot of traffic since humans are minorities and we are the only ones that drive cars. I actually wanna see a pony drive a car so I can slam into it.

“You know what man.” Darius said when we stopped at a red light. “Let’s just go back to the apartment.”

“Are you kidding?” I spat turning to him. “No we’re getting our beef wet or whatever.”

“No let’s just go. I don’t think I should be showing my face in public after our little stunt.”

“Hey listen!” I snapped at him. I slammed on the acceleration as soon as the light turned green. “You and I can do whatever the hell we want!” I grabbed his face. “We are beautiful people and nothing will tell us what we aren’t capable of. Not your manager and not some butt hurt ponies!”

“For fuck’s sake grab the wheel!” Darius screamed as we rapidly approached a red light. At the last second I slammed on the brakes and the car lurched forward as it came to a halt at the stop line.

“See we’ve got nothing to worry about. Nothing can hurt us.” I rasped. “If you and I were actually trying to get somewhere, we would be unstoppable.”

“The hells wrong with you?” Darius smacked me on the back of the head.

“The hells wrong with me?” I snarled. “The hells wrong with you?” I took off again as soon as the green light lit. “You just want to go home and sit and wait for your manager to call. It was your idea to go to this place so we’re going!”

“It’s not my fucking manager man!” Darius shot back. “He’s been calling me nonstop. I could use my phone as a dildo if I wanted to. It’s just I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to be stuck around a lot of people. I’m not exactly the most popular guy right now.” Alright now I’m pissed off.

“I, I, I. It’s always about you isn’t it?” I sneered. “But you’re not alone anymore bro. I got your back now.”

“Oh great. Scotts got my back. Woopty fucking doo.” Darius said sarcastically.

“Yeah I do got your back.” I shot back. “I’m your crew, man. You definitely need one. Then it would be all out war on those fake ass rappers.”

“Man I’m the only one, you know.” Darius stated. “It’s just me against the entire industry.”

“Didn’t I just fucking say you’re not alone?” I growled. “Remember how we chased those guys away a couple days ago? The key word is we, Darius. We’re invincible.”

“That’s the name of the diss track.” Darius said. A silence followed. “ But I guess you’re right though. I’m just afraid of what people will think if I walk into that club.”

“We were gunna be marines.” I glared at him. “We were going to go to the Middle East or somewhere and get shot at. And you were fine with that. In there they won’t dare say a thing to you and if they do then you can smash a bottle over their head.”

“Yeah keep your eyes on the road.” Darius informed me. There was another red light coming up and I slowed the car down to a stop.

“Alright listen.” I turned to Darius. “When we get into that club just act natural. People just wanna party and if they mess with you then see that as an opportunity. Remember Tupac and 50 got shot and that only gave them street cred.” I looked behind me to the car along side of us. There were these two real cute girls sitting up front. That gave me an idea.

“Hey look.” I nudged Darius and pointed to the girls. “Those some nice white girls. Eh, eh?”

“Scott, your racism is showing.” Darius grumbled.

“Who cares Buddy boy? We’re getting our beefs wet.” I rolled down the window. “Yo bitches!” I hollered to the girls. I could hear Darius’ hand meet his face. “You wanna roll in VIP for the night?” I quickly turned back to Darius. “We do have VIP, right?”

“You talking about that club on Gravel Street?” One of the girls asked.

“I don’t know? Yeah probably.” I turned back around to them.

“Do you have any idea how degrading that place is to woman?” The girl said.

“No.” I stated.

“The bouncer only lets in people who are pretty enough or have enough money. Meaning if you’re not hot, you’re out.” The second girl stated seriously.

“No that’s a good thing.” I retorted. “See the bouncer is looking out for everyone because he knows that when I go in there and get drunk. I won’t have to worry about bringing home and humping a pterodactyl.” The two girls’ jaws dropped. “Good thing you girls are alright. He look I got 8-set in the car with me. Hey you like 8-Set?”

“Isn’t he that rapper?” The passenger asked.

“Yeah he’s the one with that really offensive song.” The driver answered for me.

“Yeah do you know how offensive that song is?” The passenger scowled me.

“Do you know how big my dick is?” I joked. “No but seriously it was supposed to be offensive. When someone says mean things don’t you say mean things back?”

“I guess so.” The passenger admitted.

“And that song does make me want to dance.” The driver nodded her head.

That was when Darius grabbed me.

“Scott.” He said in a hushed tone. “Whatever you’re doing. Kept doing it.” I nodded and went back to the girls.

“So you wanna come?”

“Well I’ve never been to VIP before.” The driver said prompting an elbow from her passenger. Well I guess they’re in then.

Just then a black car drove up alongside us on Darius’ side. It immediately rolled down its driver’s side window revealing two bronies inside. They looked at Darius.

“Hey are you 8-Set?” The brony driver asked. Darius barely noticed them until he happened to glance over in their direction.

“Yo what?” He answered them.

“Yeah you’re 8-Set.” The driver said.

“Uh yeah.” Darius turned to me. “Hey let’s get out of here.”

“Hold it man. We need to wait for the light to turn green.” I pointed.

“Longest fucking red light of my life.” Darius sighed. I turned back to the girls. “Hey so meet us at the club. We’ll get you in.”

“Hmmm alright. You’re cute enough.” The driver smirked. Hah score! Wait cute enough? Ah fuck it. “We’ll just be a minute getting ready and… what?” The girl driver turned to her passenger that was prodding her. Then she pointed to me presumably. The driver instantly got this shocked expression on her face that was just pure terror. Immediately she slammed on the gas and sped off. Was it something I said?

I looked up at the light and notice it was still red. Well either two things happened. Either I’m a creepy guy and they were playing me or there is really something scary in my car or behind me. I turned to Darius and that’s when I saw what they were pointing to.

In the black car the passenger had pulled a handgun and was aiming right at us. Darius stared right back at them like he was daring them to pull that trigger. They won the dare.

In six cracks of sound there were six rapid flashes of light. And throughout them I froze up. Sitting perfectly still I could only watch as Darius twitched and convulsed with every flash. As soon as they were over with the black car rolled up its windows and made a turn, running the red light.

Darius lied slumped over. I could clearly see six exit wounds on his body, one being on his head. He didn’t move as I slowly realized that I hadn’t been hit nor was I the target of the hit. But it was obvious that someone had just shot my best friend.

“D-D-Darius?” I prodded his side but got no response. Blood was starting to ooze from the wounds I could see.

“Come on man this ain’t cool!” I cried. But Darius was just slumped there unmoving. The light turned green and I sped off straight down the road, screaming the whole time.

Author's Note:

Well that puts a damper onto the mood. How will he possible get over this?
I sense violence in Scott/Jim/ Andy's future.