• Published 6th Oct 2013
  • 3,132 Views, 93 Comments

Six Two Six Two - lunabrony



When a new villain threatens Canterlot and renders the Elements of Harmony useless, Twilight and her friends must find a way to recruit the experiment Stitch from Hawaii. And after they worked so hard to get rid of him the first time, too.

  • ...
4
 93
 3,132

4 - An Alien World - Part 1

Twilight was the first out of Canterlot Castle, with her friends not far behind. A large crowd had gathered outside the castle gates, and at first Twilight was absolutely thrilled to see this, expecting that said crowd had suddenly all come to visit the Canterlot Library.

"Girls, look! Look at all the ponies come here to learn and expand their minds! It makes me happy that so many ponies have found how much joy a little reading can-"

"There she is! Get her!"

Twilight looked confused, and only upon glancing over her shoulder did she see that Princess Luna had been swarmed by guards.

"What in heavens is this ghastly flash mob all about?" Rarity complained. "I've never seen such a mess."

A blue stallion near the front of the crowd pointed accusingly at Princess Luna. "It's her! She's responsible for this never ending night!"

Luna looked offended. "I assure all of you that Nightmare Moon is not making a return. Now, ponies, if you would just calm yourselves, I'd be happy to explain-"

"She must have gone mad again! Where's Celestia?!"

Luna's ears pinned. "Celestia? She... um... she's not available at the moment." The status of Celestia's attack had for very good reason not been made public knowledge. The members of the Solar Empire and New Lunar Republic would be having a field day with this, each one battling the other for rights to dominance.

"Yeah, because you're slipping again!" A mare called.

Luna sighed. "Twilight, I need to send you and your friends back to Ponyville before things get out of control here. I will handle this ruckus, you need to focus on putting into effect what we discussed inside. I needn't tell you that it would be most beneficial if we kept it to ourselves."

Twilight opened her mouth to protest, but Luna cut her off.

"Go home, and make your preparations," Luna said sternly, and her horn began to glow.

"Princess, wait, I can help!" Twilight insisted, and began to charge forward. The last thing she saw before colliding into the side of her own bed was a sympathetic look from the guards.
***

"Twilight, are you alright?" The voice came from Spike, who had already been up for quite some time due to being confused what with the permanent state of night outside.

Twilight, who had been teleported into her bedroom, as, she presumed, the others had been teleported into theirs, looked onward with confusion and sadness. Everything was falling apart. Princess Celestia and Applejack were in dire need of help, and as such Luna was now running Canterlot by herself. It would be difficult enough to run things with the support of the Canterlot residents, but with fear and distrust running through the streets like an airborne virus, things were spiraling out of control far too quickly.

Twilight rose to her hooves with renewed determination.

"Come on, Spike. We have work to do."

Three Days Later

With the rest of the ponies making preparations for the experiment, Twilight had been doing her own share of the work. In between researching possible origins for the attack on Canterlot, Twilight had been working one on one with Pinkie Pie. This task was more infuriatingly difficult than it seemed at first, with Pinkie wanting to touch, sniff, and taste almost everything while the unicorn was working.

"Pinkie, focus. Please. This is important."

Pinkie stopped bouncing. "What's up, buttercup?"

"From my conversations with Rainbow Dash, I have come to the conclusion that you are entering a world where ponies either do not exist, or are subjected to a subservient position in society. This makes your mission dangerous."

"Isn't Stitch dangerous?" Pinkie asked.

"No. Yes. Maybe." Twilight looked flustered, and quickly shook her head. "Never mind! You've done this once before, so I'm not worried about the effects of the potion. Assuming I did my measurements correctly. But, I mean, come on. This is me. I always do my spells correctly," she puffed up a bit.

"So I just drink this, go to... um..." Pinkie faltered.

"Hay-wai-ee?" Twilight suggested. "That sounds right. Yes, Haywaiee, get Stitch, and return here. You're good at making friends, I'm sure you won't have any trouble enlisting his services. We need his help."

"Okey dokey!" Pinkie bubbled, and it didn't take much more encouragement than that to get her to drink it. Her pupils dilated, and the party pony seemed to zone out a bit.

"What do you see?" Twilight asked.

"Dalmatians," Pinkie said.

"...What."

"Lots and lots of dalmatians!"

"Pinkie! Focus!"

"Stitch! Right!" Pinkie took a deep breath, and parted the air in front of her as if drawing open an imaginary curtain. Twilight could not see anything out of the ordinary, but when Pinkie leaped through the imaginary curtain, she suddenly popped out of existence.

Just like that.

Twilight Sparkle sighed, rubbing her head with a hoof. She desperately wanted to send a letter to Celestia regarding all this, and had to keep reminding herself that Celestia would not answer. She began to make her way up the stairs when Spike's frightened voice screamed from above.

"TWILIIIIIIIGHT!"

Racing up the stairs, Twilight was instantly in over protective parent mode. She found Spike cornered by a hulking shadow of a creature, who looked ready to devour her poor dragon.

"Twilight! Help!" Spike pleaded.

Suddenly everything made sense. She had of course considered the possibility in her research, but these things were supposed to be mythical! "How did you even get in here? This isn't possible... you are not possible!" She exclaimed. "Get away from him!"

The creature turned, a wicked grin plastered across its face. Her suspicions were confirmed.

"You're a..." Twilight began.

"Shhh..." The creature growled. "Let's not spoil the fun just yet."

Twilight lunged forward, ready to defend her baby dragon at any cost. Perhaps, if she'd had just a few more seconds to think, she'd have been a bit more rational, a bit more careful. But Spike was in danger, and she was ready to protect him, no matter what it took. Perhaps that was her only mistake. But sometimes one mistake was all it took.

The last thing she saw was an overpowering white light, and then the world melted away.

Author's Note:

No updates for a while, I'm sorry! Been a long time in setting this up, but next chapter we're finally gonna get to see some Stitch! I'm going to Germany for a while here soon so the next update might be a long time in coming, but I have everything planned out. I promise!